Doc
sportsczy
19 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Time to pounce on Mbappe - Page 2 Empty Re: Time to pounce on Mbappe

Post by sportsczy Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:If Mbappe wants to help push Neymar this way, by all means lol

Tuchel and the rest of the team is closer to Neymar than Mbappe...   Mbappe is extremely competitive and it doesn't rub everyone well on the team.  Jealousy too given his age. (@Hans. This is according to media).

Again, Neymar is more likely to stay long term than Mbappe.  PSG is catering to Neymar's party life.  Not to mention Neymar has a bunch of his Brazilian friends on the team.

PSG is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  Only question is when this thing blows up.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 20, 2019 11:46 pm

dictating how the club should be run and thinking he is bigger than football its self and still only 20yo. this is the kind of thing you look out for when paying £250mil for a player.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2019 1:07 am

lol no.  This is EXACTLY the kind of personality you want.  His entourage were asked why he came out like this...  and they said that it's because the current he wants to win now.  Paraphrasing... Mbappe doesn't feel that everyone is committed to winning at PSG.

I mean Cavani and Neymar literally don't practice and go home to Uruguay and Brazil whenever they want.  Di Maria used to do that as well... until there was competition for his spot.

It's waaaaay too loose at PSG.  And Mbappe is not the type to waste his time if the team/players aren't committed.  Way too personally driven for that.

I admire him.   I hope he brings that edge to Madrid and PSG do something stupid.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue May 21, 2019 1:25 am

Nothing wrong with having ambition. and Mbappe is quite hungry still despite having a wc to his name...

hopefully he realizes sooner rather than later that by only donning our jersey can those ambitions be realized... he is wasting his time with that numpty known as tuchel. Though i doubt he'll leave this summer, he will come to us sooner or later. just a matter of when.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Tue May 21, 2019 4:03 am

Mbappe isn't going anywhere.

PSG is extremely strong economically, they spend billions like water.

UNLESS.... there is a clause in his Contract that could make this happen.

But realistically, any team that wants Mbappe, better hope PSG wins a UCL sometime soon lol because until that obsession of PSG is complete, they won't let either Mbappe or Neymar or Verrati or Marquinho go...
NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Tue May 21, 2019 7:10 am

i know we ain't getting him... yet.

unlike farca however, we got a good relationship with PSG. we won't be in a similar clown moment like verratti.

the day PSG wont be able to keep his ambitions in check, we can do business. though Mbappe gotta start it first.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue May 21, 2019 2:50 pm

sportsczy wrote:lol no.  This is EXACTLY the kind of personality you want.  His entourage were asked why he came out like this...  and they said that it's because the current he wants to win now.  Paraphrasing... Mbappe doesn't feel that everyone is committed to winning at PSG.

I mean Cavani and Neymar literally don't practice and go home to Uruguay and Brazil whenever they want.  Di Maria used to do that as well... until there was competition for his spot.

It's waaaaay too loose at PSG.  And Mbappe is not the type to waste his time if the team/players aren't committed.  Way too personally driven for that.

I admire him.   I hope he brings that edge to Madrid and PSG do something stupid.

Nah nice lad but if this is his tactics to get his way, hard pass he needs to grow up some more and psg aren't gonna sell him so this is all hot air, hope mbappe doesn't turn into another cr a player who can't feels comfortable unless everyone under him, real madrid needs to get away from that.

Team culture not star culture if the players mentality are the same next season the team isn't winning anything no matter who signs hopefully Zidane see that.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 pm

Yeah and look at our performance and trophy count when CR isn't here...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm

sportsczy wrote:Yeah and look at our performance and trophy count when CR isn't here...

9 Champions league and 31 league titles
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 21, 2019 4:13 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Yeah and look at our performance and trophy count when CR isn't here...

I'm talking this season dude.  Come on.  Do I need to write a user guide here?

Those 9 CLs were won with superstars with massive egos... and massive talent.  That's the Madrid way.  Why do you think that, throughout our history, our managers only survived less than 2 years on average?  Big egos that eat managers alive.  But we won because of those egos and the talent. Their ego drives their ambition; and that ambition drives the team.

I'd take CR every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue May 21, 2019 4:54 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Those 9 CLs were won with superstars with massive egos... and massive talent.  That's the Madrid way.  Why do you think that, throughout our history, our managers only survived less than 2 years on average?  Big egos that eat managers alive.  But we won because of those egos and the talent. Their ego drives their ambition; and that ambition drives the team.

It's ridiculous to put down to CR leaving everything that happened this season. This team is done and dusted, the season would've ended the same with him in the team too.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue May 21, 2019 8:53 pm

I have no reason to think that the guys on the team have no ego because they very much do. But that sociopath level of drive that CR has was greatly missed. That level of character is not with any of our players with one slight exception: Ramos. But Ramos was never as consistent as Ronaldo and he is also a clown and a half. Love him.

I don't know how it would have been with Ronaldo here but I know how it turned out without him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 22, 2019 12:03 am

@doc, i really like that phrase, "sociopath level of drive". and that's exactly what it is. with the right player, ala cristiano, it is an extremely valuable asset. in fact, that was my biggest compliment in regards to cristiano. michael jordan too had that, that 'sociopath level of drive'. mj took it to another level.  with the wrong player, ala romario it can be a headache for coaches and teammates. but i don't think players like a romario exist in sports these days, especially in this social media age
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 22, 2019 12:09 am

romario was a poor example. his drive only came in spurts
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2019 12:58 am

exactly.  we need that.  mbappe is basically a sociopath.  all the guy cares about is finding challenges and beating them.  that's why he won't stay at psg for much longer.  it may not be this summer... but the next for sure imo.

and for those who say he took the money.  well he did.  and the reason is that his family are poor and he did it for them as well.  it was a good decision in terms of his development.  he made some mistakes in terms of maturity the past couple of years and he was able to work through them without too many consequences since psg dominates ligue 1 so much.  better for him to have gone to psg first. you don't want an 18 year old kid that would have cost 200 mil to have to deal with the madrid pressure. he had his support system and he didn't have to deal with changing countries.

as a france fan, i'm very happy with with mbappe's decisions so far. they're right on the money (no pun intended). his father and family are great.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 22, 2019 1:04 am

MJ was too extreme with it but if he didn't have that sort of drive, he would not have the career he had. As for Romario, I only remember him being ridiculously fking skillful but loved women just a bit too much. Or so the rumours went lol.

I don't think massive egos are necessary for Madrid though but I read massive talent really fking helps a lot.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 22, 2019 1:49 am

yeah romario was a poor example to use, i was only thinking about his attitude prior to usa 94, where he was totally committed to the cause and wanted to win at all cost. but i still don't see anything happening with mbappe this summer. (i would like it, but its wishful thinking at this point). if there's an opening from his people, i'd say go for it. but next summer, no matter what i'd like us to throw a bid in, don't care how much.

i can't remember when last we signed a big player that young; where he's already been influential in a world cup, and though many can argue maybe its not his team, he is far from a beta. very far from it, he is not a wuss at all
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed May 22, 2019 1:53 am

the fact that emery pointed out he was really interested in us, is why i think we should pay close attention to this as possible. there is some sort of initial interest that he doesn't have for other teams......yet. last thing i want is us blowing it, and signing the guy when he's like 29 or 30. as i said, i expect nothing this summer, just smoke. but next year flo needs to make a bid
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed May 22, 2019 2:14 am

Mbappe is the sort of football that would thrive at Madrid. He'll at some point get the Bernabeu jeer but I do not see him as someone who would be affected by it nor would I see him ever back down from taking responsibility (watches Asensio side eyed). But the club took their stance at the time, so did Mbappe at the time. Hopefully one day both parties would realise that they belong to one another *hugs*

Needless to say, big fan of the young man and PSG is not the place for him. He has outgrown Ligue 1 as far as I am concerned.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 22, 2019 4:56 am

Valkyrja wrote:
sportsczy wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

It's ridiculous to put down to CR leaving everything that happened this season. This team is done and dusted, the season would've ended the same with him in the team too.

I love you man but you can be beyond clueless at times. CR can be a *bleep*, we all know that, coming from myself too. But he is a winner. You need that winning mentality in the team. You can tell his influence has rubbed off on benz. Benzema is in the gym every damn day. Who would've thought. But benz isn't an alpha. Not his fault either, he's still a fantastic player.

And CR brought lots of goals that we have yet to replace.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed May 22, 2019 4:58 am

Unique wrote:dictating how the club should be run and thinking he is bigger than football its self and still only 20yo. this is the kind of thing you look out for when paying £250mil for a player.

He's not dictating anything lol. Mbappe wants to win. From what I've read, damn right he demands a change.

You realize they lost to THIS Man U team Laughing and bottling a lead after they had the first game in the bag.

I don't think sociopath is the right word for it. I call it hunger and drive. And being a professional. Loving the sport so much it consumes your soul. No one on this team, besides Ramos has that drive.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Wed May 22, 2019 7:29 am

did y'all forget what a hungry cf looks like or what?

Why the hell is Mbappe being criticized for something that he should be applauded for?

That hunger and ambition is healthy. not only healthy, but needed in cfs these days.

and mbappe is originally a cf. he aint some schmuck either, hes a wc winner.

Mbappe has every right to share his concerns.
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 22, 2019 2:26 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Those 9 CLs were won with superstars with massive egos... and massive talent.  That's the Madrid way.  Why do you think that, throughout our history, our managers only survived less than 2 years on average?  Big egos that eat managers alive.  But we won because of those egos and the talent.  Their ego drives their ambition; and that ambition drives the team.  

I love you man but you can be beyond clueless at times. CR can be a *bleep*, we all know that, coming from myself too. But he is a winner. You need that winning mentality in the team. You can tell his influence has rubbed off on benz. Benzema is in the gym every damn day. Who would've thought. But benz isn't an alpha. Not his fault either, he's still a fantastic player.

And CR brought lots of goals that we have yet to replace.

Ronaldo has had a pretty shit season by his high standards. 44 goals last season to 28 goals this season. Pretty big drop off.

Difficult to guess exactly what would have happened but I truly believe the gap in quality/mentality/form/tactics was too big for any 1 player to bridge let alone Ronaldo.

Basically what I am saying is Ronaldo would have helped, sure, but he would not have made a difference in any of our title challenges. We were too poor overall.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2019 2:44 pm

Mainly because CR isn't stat hunting at Juve (no Messi to keep up with for his ego). So he's focused on big games/big occasions. He's been predominantly great in those. Juve don't need him to win Serie A mostly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed May 22, 2019 3:30 pm

So if we would have kept Ronaldo you think he would have made up the 19 point difference between us and Barca? Made the difference in CL when both we and Juve fell to Ajax?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed May 22, 2019 4:46 pm

I think we would have competed longer and, if we actually had a chance, our veteran players would have stepped up in the 2nd half of the season. We were basically out of it before we had a chance to react.

Also, we would have beaten Ajax.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next