urbaNRoots
RealGunner
Jay29
Vlad the Impaler
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Final result?

EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Vote_lcap0%EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Vote_lcap50%EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]
EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Vote_lcap50%EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 6

EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Empty EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:59 am

OK, here we are. It's 30th match day and two of the most decorated English clubs will meet in what it could be one of the most important games of the season. It's not just another game, it's not a usual Arsenal vs Manchester United and that's because both teams are fiercely fighting for an UCL place, trying to heal some wounds from the past that are still bleeding. It may not be the same rivalry as it used to be 15-20 years ago, but it definitely is a game that will get the attention of many football fans all over the globe.

Arsenal and Man United are going through a similar process, a process of reconstruction, of rebuilding or replacing what was lost when their former unique and fabulous managers left their positions at the club, after decades of great performances and beautiful attacking football. Both teams are struggling to find their way while Liverpool, City and Spurs seem to be much more consistent and a few steps ahead. But this is exactly what animates this derby so much, the pain and the failures of the recent times affected the pride of these teams at their core, the players and the fans.

Many will probably consider I'm hyping this one too much, or maybe they'll say this doesn't really deserve this level of attention, but ask any Arsenal or United fan, they know how big this is for their respective teams and there's no need for further reasoning for a thread like this.

Emirates might not be Highbury in terms of that special feeling and atmosphere the latter used to have, but it certainly has a unique and very passionate crowd every time they face Man United, whether it is a league game or a cup game, it doesn't matter. Being relatively close to the end of the season makes this a high pressure duel and of maximum importance because of the mental impact it will have for the winning side, not just because of the 3 points.

I can't really predict a line up for Man United, because we don't even know for sure who will be 100% fit for this match, but I want to say some words about Arsenal and what I fear the most about them. Even though they are not going through an excellent period, what they always did well and what they like do to against us is to put high pressure and go forward with as many players as possible when they get the chance. It's very risky and it cost them the FA Cup game because they weren't able to penetrate our defense and let themselves exposed for our unbelievable counter attacks led by Pogba, Sanchez, Lingard, Lukaku, Martial and Rashford. But, now we miss Lingard and Martial is coming after an injury, Rashford hasn't been 100% fit for weeks and Lukaku will probably be a little bit tired considering he's not known for having lots of stamina and how much he played recently.

Aubameyang is one that I fear, but Lacazette is the most dangerous player from Arsenal in my opinion and thing is that I don't trust our current available players with being able to pass as well as we did previously against the London side when we played counter-attacking football. This means we could be overwhelmed by the pressure Arsenal likes to put and I can't imagine them sitting deep and letting us play much with the ball. Emery will go hard at us and they'll probably want to learn from our past opponents' mistakes and score first instead of letting us taking advantage soon in the game. So, Ole must come with some tactical ingenuity if we won't be able to actually use Herrera and Matic from the first minute, because we're not really known for having defenders who are able to pass well and control the ball comfortably. Playing long balls is not an option if we really want to say about ourselves that we truly changed and that we do aspire to something more than a mediocre performance in such a difficult away game, in contrast to what we were used to in Mourinho's time.

Arsenal is missing Torreira, Bellerin, Welbeck and Holding. Torreira may not be one of the greatest performers of this season for Arsenal but they are very shaky in the defensive side of their midfield and that's probably the weakest spot of their team. It's very important to find a way to give Pogba the chance to express himself and not be dominated in the midfield, because if they hold Pogba tightly, he can't do much without the help of our fullbacks and support from Herrera/Pereira. I fear for this match a lot and I don't have a great feeling about it. We're on a high and Arsenal just lost to Rennes and they're definitely in a more alert state of mind.

Again, this is my view and I might be wrong, but I feel this will be tough clash, a match where both teams will be running for their lives which is known to happen in the duels between us. Ole actually said after the PSG 2nd leg that the only time our team suffered so much physically since he came was in the cup match at Emirates. I am not saying it is impossible, but I would be surprised to see Emery picking up a lineup for a compact formation with a balanced approach considering that their current profile was built for attacking and highly offensive football. As far as Ole is concerned, I am pretty sure he will tell the players to play as fast and as vertical as possible when attacking, without many touches, but at the same time to try and control the ball, keep possession in the midfield if possible, to break the rhythm of Arsenal's players if it will be really necessary.

Arsenal and United fans, are you prepared for this battle? Molenation
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Empty Re: EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:22 am

Easy United win imo. :coffee:

We've faced United in various states of vulnerability over the years and have still managed to lose. Now that Solskjaer is working his voodoo magic over them, my hopes of winning are even lower.

Going by how he's set United up in big away games, they'll probably sit deep and throw themselves in the way of everything. So we'll probably batter them with shots and not score enough while they go up the other end and score a counter, or get a jammy penalty or something. I still have nightmares from last year's game, where we managed 30+ shots yet somehow lost 3-1.

As for our line-up, it'll probably be:

Leno - Mustafi, Sokratis, Koscielny - Maitland-Niles, XHAKA, Guendouzi, Kolasinac - Mkhitaryan, Iwobi - Lacazette

Emery will be very aware of United's threat on the counter so will likely go with the third centre back to have an extra man on the cover. He'll also want to stretch United as much as possible, so I see the wing-backs coming back in. Torreira is suspended so the midfield two is easy enough to guess. Laca is fresher than Auba and Mkhi/Iwobi has been the preferred pair of attacking mids for most big games. That means Ozil and Ramsey will drop to the bench again.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Empty Re: EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:51 am

Nah think Ramsey will start because Emery loves the pairing of Ramsey-laca.

Think we'll see Mustafi at RB again in a 4-2-3-1.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:58 am

Jay29 wrote:Easy United win imo. :coffee:

We've faced United in various states of vulnerability over the years and have still managed to lose. Now that Solskjaer is working his voodoo magic over them, my hopes of winning are even lower.

Going by how he's set United up in big away games, they'll probably sit deep and throw themselves in the way of everything. So we'll probably batter them with shots and not score enough while they go up the other end and score a counter, or get a jammy penalty or something. I still have nightmares from last year's game, where we managed 30+ shots yet somehow lost 3-1.

As for our line-up, it'll probably be:

Leno - Mustafi, Sokratis, Koscielny - Maitland-Niles, XHAKA, Guendouzi, Kolasinac - Mkhitaryan, Iwobi - Lacazette

Emery will be very aware of United's threat on the counter so will likely go with the third centre back to have an extra man on the cover. He'll also want to stretch United as much as possible, so I see the wing-backs coming back in. Torreira is suspended so the midfield two is easy enough to guess. Laca is fresher than Auba and Mkhi/Iwobi has been the preferred pair of attacking mids for most big games. That means Ozil and Ramsey will drop to the bench again.

I wouldn't be so sure about this. It's true that last time when you beat us was almost two years ago and it was one year and a half since your previous win before that, but both those victories were easy ones, a 2-0 in 2017 and a 3-0 in 2015. You can't get lucky or defend perfectly every time. I mean you almost always tried to play as offensive as possible and sometimes you got it, sometimes you didn't. Why wouldn't it be possible that this time you win it, especially because it's been quite a while since the last time it happened.

I believe there's a big chance Arsenal will do better because you can't be unlucky every single time and now Man United is pretty decimated because of injuries. Ole's streak of good results has also to come to an end. Not saying it will happen, but surely Arsenal has every chance of winning this and it won't be an easy match for us.

And I take back my words saying Arsenal isn't going through an excellent period. Maybe it isn't excellent, but they are in a good form in EPL.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 pm

So Tottenham just dropped 3 points to make this game even more important than it already was.

A win for Man Utd would mean having the same amount of points as 3rd placed Tottenham and an Arsenal win would have one point behind Tottenham.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:56 pm

With spurs going to Anfield next match....

No better incentive to win tomorrow.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:57 pm

this is a cup final, nice write up m8
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Arsenal team:

Leno - Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal - Maitland-Niles, XHAKA, Ramsey, Kolasinac - Ozil - Lacazette, Aubameyang

Probably the most offensive team Emery has put out all season.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:44 pm

Manchester United team
Starting XI: De Gea, Young (c), Lindelof, Smalling, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Dalot, Rashford, Lukaku
Subs: Romero, Bailly, Rojo, McTominay, Andreas, Martial, Greenwood

Three changes from the victory against Paris Saint-Germain with Matic, Pogba and Dalot coming in for Bailly, McTominay and Andreas.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:46 pm

Jay29 wrote:Arsenal team:

Leno - Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal - Maitland-Niles, XHAKA, Ramsey, Kolasinac - Ozil - Lacazette, Aubameyang

Why do i get this feeling Ozil and Auba are going to play badly and Emery will bench them next week lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:55 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Jay29 wrote:Arsenal team:

Why do i get this feeling Ozil and Auba are going to play badly and Emery will bench them next week lol.

he should

Shouldn't have started ozil. But i hope it works
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:59 pm

I don't really disagree, I'm just having flashbacks to when Pardew use to give individual talents a start in big games.

The players in question would suck and then he would bench them against "smaller" opposition. Kind of hope I'm wrong about this.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:04 pm

no Lingard

Martial not fully fit

Rashford running on fumes

can't see anything but our league run ending, would take a draw right now tbh

hope the lads can channel their inner Rennes though
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:08 pm

I'm going with a draw. But if Arsenal score first they will go to win the game.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:29 pm

OZIL BAH GAWD, havent seen him play in months
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:40 pm

should have scored

what a ball from Shaw ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:44 pm

Succ my dick, XHAKA haters!
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:44 pm

What a goal ffs.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:44 pm

De Gea rofl

That's a gift.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:45 pm

XHAKA with the wind assist

EPL 18/19 - Arsenal vs Manchester United Jurgen-klopp-030319
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Arsenal looking strong so far, gonna regret not scoring that chance earlier.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:50 pm

hit the woodwork twice so far ffs

bury it pls
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:00 pm

stonewall penalty denied

twice off the woodwork ffs

not our day
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Martial has one of the best resting bitch face.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:08 pm

we've had so many chances this game ffs

Arsenal have had more of the ball sure but we should be leading ffs
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next