The Demon of Carthage
The Madrid One
FennecFox7
Cyborg
Thimmy
27 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:56 am

Doc wrote:
Freeza wrote:
Doc wrote:
To see him get benched while Vasquez and Bale start ever match would be a joy Proud

Vazquez or Bale as CM?

Would be the death of me for real

No even as CM, he is just getting benched while those two pos players start. And imagine @halamadrid2 saying he thinks some Castilla product is much better than Eriksen because of that one CDR 3rd round match.

Proud

Hala will hate Eriksen if we sign him as soon as he finds out he was a Barca fan growing up.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 21 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:46 pm

JAS met with Fali Ramadani in Madrid this evening. He is the agent of players like Pjanic and Jovic so specialties galore.

I hope it's for Jovic and we should go all in, and tie him up now.

Pjanic? Thanks but no thanks

ps: Ramadani for those who don't know is like the pupil of Pini Zahavi, another mega agent who represents Ndombele. They basically work together and use Frankfurt to showcase their players. I hope there are connection here
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:08 pm

May I ask why you favor one season wonder, Jovic over the far more established and experienced, Pjanic? I definitely hope they prioritize a goalscorer over a playmaker, but between the two of them, Pjanic would be a far safer option.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:10 am

Thimmy wrote:May I ask why you favor one season wonder, Jovic over the far more established and experienced, Pjanic? I definitely hope they prioritize a goalscorer over a playmaker, but between the two of them, Pjanic would be a far safer option.
not a direct comparison since they play two different position and fulfill different needs as you know but i think Pjanic is a midfielder whom like Kroos really needs to be protected by a defensive midfielder. I think those players put too much pressure on the midfield and with age it doesnt get better for them.

Juve specifically have designed a formation where Pjanic is protected by two box to box midfielders who do all the running for Juventus.

Pjanic is a lovely player but we should look for players who are also very good athlete in midfield. I find that the technical level of midfielders in europe has gone up, while the intensity of the game in midfield is also increasing and put a lot of pressure on players.

As for Jovic, well, you know the talent pool for young striker in europe is dry. Regrettably you have a take a gamble here. Jovic looks like a good one to me, i know you like Icardi.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:58 am

I've given up on Icardi. The last thing we need is drama. Jovic does look good, but I'm highly sceptical towards his lack of longevity as a relevant name in the transfer market. If he turns out to be a dud, our only hope is that our usual suspects start becoming more productive with their chances. That scenario doesn't sound very fun. I actually wish we could somehow manage to pry Gabriel Jesus out of Pep's balding hands.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:11 am

It has to be for Jovic, right? Pjanic seems happy at Juve for all I know, and recently signed a new contract through 2023. Plus, we don't really need a Pjanic type player- fantastic player he is, but we have Kroos.

Zidane is an interesting coach to plan a team for, he loves a Benz type player (as we saw to the detriment of our team in his last season), Jovic fits that profile.. But he plays this extreme crossing style, someone one like Icardi would fit that profile much more.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:22 am

got to hope so. AS also speculating Zidane likes Koulibaly in cas Varane is leaving... you know what i think about AS, they are crap
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:16 am

i like pjanic, and yes i definitely would prioritize a goal scorer more than a midfielder at this point , but i like pjanic's free kick ability, i know that's a luxury to ask for at this point. i don't want to see ramos standing over any free kicks fors us ever again. isco's good at them, but he's mostly on the bench (and rightly so), i can't remember when kroos last scored one for us, and it doesn't seem like he has taken that many tbh
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:50 pm

Thimmy wrote:I've given up on Icardi. The last thing we need is drama. Jovic does look good, but I'm highly sceptical towards his lack of longevity as a relevant name in the transfer market. If he turns out to be a dud, our only hope is that our usual suspects start becoming more productive with their chances. That scenario doesn't sound very fun. I actually wish we could somehow manage to pry Gabriel Jesus out of Pep's balding hands.

Timmy, the last time we refused to take the risk because of lack of longevity, is the major reason, we are in this situation. Flo mainly lost out on Mbappe because he wouldn’t meet the salary demands for what was a possible one year record.

If you want to get that “scorer”at a reasonable cost, you have to take that risk. Also, note there are always risks in any acquisition. Look at our purchase of balon d’or Kaka for exanple!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:04 pm

Rumors of Pogba popping back up again with him stating he would like to play at RM one day. I don't think it is possible. I don't think we will get any Raiola clients, besides the fact that he has 2 years left plus the option for 1 more.

And the 125m pricetag being thrown around is not even close to what I think MU will ask for him.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:08 pm

futbol_bill wrote:
Thimmy wrote:I've given up on Icardi. The last thing we need is drama. Jovic does look good, but I'm highly sceptical towards his lack of longevity as a relevant name in the transfer market. If he turns out to be a dud, our only hope is that our usual suspects start becoming more productive with their chances. That scenario doesn't sound very fun. I actually wish we could somehow manage to pry Gabriel Jesus out of Pep's balding hands.

Timmy, the last time we refused to take the risk because of lack of longevity, is the major reason, we are in this situation. Flo mainly lost out on Mbappe because he wouldn’t meet the salary demands for what was a possible one year record.

If you want to get that “scorer”at a reasonable cost, you have to take that risk. Also, note there are always risks in any acquisition. Look at our purchase of balon d’or Kaka for exanple!

I agree that some amount of risk is necessary. How long has Jovic been performing for? Has it even been a full season? All I'm saying is that, if there are more established alternatives out there, I think they should be taken into consideration before looking towards someone who's going through what may only be a burst of high performance under ideal circumstances. I brought up Gabriel Jesus, because I think he'd fit in quite well, and I believe he'd be less of a gamble. I'm not overly confident that we'd be able to secure his signing, though.

Kaka was a FIFA signing. Anyone who'd watched his performances for AC Milan the season before we signed him, would've noticed that he was not only injury prone, but had lost a substantial amount of his once exceptional agility and overall mobility, and he looked a shadow of the version of himself that had won the Ballon D'or. We either signed him primarily for commercial reasons, or because whoever made the decision to sign him based on form, predicted an unrealistic scenario where he'd come and turn his form around like the winner of the biggest loser.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:29 pm

I've been thinking about this a bit, and yeah Gabriel Jesus is probably the safer bet, BUT he hasn't really had THAT much more time at the top that Jovic when you think about it. I'm going to say he basically has 2 seasons in a top European league, and this season he is getting way less minutes than last season. Last season he had 10 sub appearances, this season he has already had 16. Aguero has been in great form keeping him out, but I would have thought Gabriel Jesus would have pushed on tbh.

Jovic on the other hand has played almost double the minutes as Jesus this season. So for me, the difference isn't as large as we might expect.

And the term 'one season wonder' is the big scare right? Well, yeah his scoring figures may go down, but he has a lot in his game besides scoring. Jovic has passed the eyetest for me imo. My only worry with Jovic is answering the question: will his style of play suit a Zidane team. He is definitely a quality player imo and I would love for him to come, but is he the right fit? Idk either way.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:02 pm

I disagree with all said about jovic regarding whether or not he is a one hit wonder.

The biggest scare for me is what are our plans for him? Meaning; compared to say icardi kane or any established striker anyone wants to name, he doesnt have the clout or cache to come here and demand a starting spot. What that means is, if we are indeed going for him, he is coming as a backup

Thus, the minutes he will get will be little compared to what he's getting. How much this will affect his development is what should worry one (if we indeed sign him). Not every youngster can take up the role of super sub and grow from it. Especially if they being enjoying more minutes elsewhere
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:07 pm

Bte I dont know if we are actually going for him, neither do I know how good he is or isnt
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:42 pm

titosantill wrote:I disagree with all said about jovic regarding whether or not he is a one hit wonder.

The biggest scare for me is what are our plans for him? Meaning; compared to say icardi kane or any established striker anyone wants to name, he doesnt have the clout or cache to come here and demand a starting spot. What that means is, if we are indeed going for him, he is coming as a backup

Thus, the minutes he will get will be little compared to what he's getting. How much this will affect his development is what should worry one (if we indeed sign him). Not every youngster can take up the role of super sub and grow from it. Especially if they being enjoying more minutes elsewhere

Exactly.
And that's why he's not coming. Makes no sense to join Madrid as a youngster with a little name.
In a club that's so political, if you were cheap and you're not a huge marketing hype, you're the easy one to leave out.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:21 pm

Bullshit. That seems like simple minded and cliched thinking to me.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:23 am

titosantill wrote:I disagree with all said about jovic regarding whether or not he is a one hit wonder.

This is clearly not a Perez signing- Zidane has control, if he is bringing someone in, it is for a reason. Clout doesn't matter when the manager who is bringing you in has a plan for you. It's not the times of past where the club forced young Spanish players on ZZ who had no plans for said players.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:45 am

you think zidane will sign jovic and give him similar minutes to benzema whom he likes? the fact that its zidane's call (if indeed we are going for him) is exactly my point.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:01 am

Zidane likes to play with two strikers/scorers. Regardless of what people think... CR was playing CF right next to Benzema during ZZ's years.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:32 am

Yeah, what sports said. I think the ideal attacking formation in Zidane's view or vision for this team is:

Icardi (or some other massive goal threat/poacher type) - Benz/Jovic
Mobile AM like Hazard/ Isco or Asensio

I think if Jovic is being brought in, Zidane has a plan for him and the intentions will be clear. Best case scenario is that Jovic would come to bench Benz. The alternative I can see ZZ pitching to Jovic is that this is a project and he will compete with Benz who doesn't have much time left anyway. I don't see ZZ or the club even bothering to approach Jovic at this point if the intention was to give him the same minutes as Mariano.

It's still too soon to say how interested Zidane is, but we have at least made an approach which shows me that Zidane isn't happy with the attack as is.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:47 am

The Madrid One wrote:Bullshit. That seems like simple minded and cliched thinking to me.

What Hans wrote? Gonna assume it is what Hans wrote and, as far as I know, he's not really wrong. You gotta have some level of clout at Real Madrid or be really good at what you do.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:16 am

Both Tito and Hans, especially the latter. I detest blatant lack of adequate nuance.

You have to look at the context and situation more closely. Our attack sucks, we need goals, Zidane has allegedly returned with more power, this is our worst season since ?2008-09?, etc.

If we really went through the trouble of signing someone as apparently coveted as Jovic, then it would probably have to be with Zidane's approval to top it off, and so to pretend we know for sure that Zidane would never bench Benzema and that Jovic would be a benching super-sub with few minutes seems... wrong to say the least.

And besides, Hans is the equivalent of a troll that really did say something as broad and cliched as something you'd hear a Sky commentator spew. We'd really have no trouble listing names of young players with relatively little names that nonetheless went on to triumph here the last 10 years and became world renowned and established here.  

Ozil, Di Maria, Marcelo, Higuain, Carvajal, Varane, Nacho, Casemiro, etc. The club apparently even has a policy of not signing players over age 27 or so ffs, AND we have signed lots of youth recently that have failed in big part because they simply can't offer what we need, e.g., Ceballos, Illarramendi, Theo Hernandez, Llorente, Vallejo, Asensio so far, etc.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:26 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDsYAm7_ZLs
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Ok I’m sold!  Now wait for Hans to find some copytight violation to take video resume down before others see it!
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:50 pm

Zidane on Pogba:" I like Pogba a lot, i know him personally. He is a player that brings a lot of qualities, there are few players like him. he knows how to attack, and how to defend. He does everything on the pitch. But he is not my player, he plays for United and you have to respect it. What he said about Madrid, and his wish to come here one day...Yes, when he is done at United and he wants to come here, why not?"

UFFFF @Firenze

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:01 pm

sportsczy wrote:Zidane likes to play with two strikers/scorers. Regardless of what people think... CR was playing CF right next to Benzema during ZZ's years.

i don't know about this. its always been a 4 3 3, more than zidane liking to play with two scorers. what's he going to do, put cr on the bench? or play cr left wing and put isco asensio james none of which are center forwards as the 9?

if we play a 4 4 2, then we would need yet another forward in the event of injuries. and even if we decide if one of the 2 forwards gets injured we would then shift to 4 3 3/4 2 3 1, you're placing a lot of burden on the none injured forward. i just don't know if zidane is ready to go outside the 4 3 3 just yet ....and its not like he had any choice but to play cristiano and benzema. cristiano always wanted to play down the left, so he wasn't going to put hip up top and play a winger or a midfielder on the left channel

you make it sound like he had an array of choices to go with. cristiano has never wanted to play in that 9 position and he has made that clear himself
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next