Art Morte
El Gunner
Luca
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
15 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by CBarca Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Who cares? Whether or not Barnes got traded midgame doesn't change the fact of the matter.

It's clear that most organizations in the NBA are still pieces of shit and will make the business decision without much thought for the players.

Which is not even debatably bad. NBA teams are businesses and sometimes you have to make the tough decision.

But at the same time, if we accept that, we should accept that players ought to feel empowered to make a business decision for themselves sometimes too. Even if that's tough for the franchise.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:49 pm

CBarca wrote:Who cares? Whether or not Barnes got traded midgame doesn't change the fact of the matter.

It's clear that most organizations in the NBA are still pieces of shit and will make the business decision without much thought for the players.

Which is not even debatably bad. NBA teams are businesses and sometimes you have to make the tough decision.

But at the same time, if we accept that, we should accept that players ought to feel empowered to make a business decision for themselves sometimes too. Even if that's tough for the franchise.

Agreed.

I hate the mentality that players can be treated like pieces of meat their entire careers and then when they try to have some sort of autonomy they're badmouthed and called all sorts of stuff, while teams wouldn't think twice about doing them dirty for the right offer.

Lakers have offered a fair trade for someone that's leaving anyways. The player wants to go there. But teams just want to be petty because they feel like the own players.

And I don't want to hear "they signed a contract" stuff. Because that contract is apparently only an argument if the player wants to leave. But teams are allowed to walk out on contract all the time and send them away.

___

Only thing I'm taking solace in is that NFL is worse. A superstar player is never able to chance teams in that sport.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:54 pm

CBarca wrote:Who cares? Whether or not Barnes got traded midgame doesn't change the fact of the matter.

In this situation this is a pointless rant though, i don't disagree with the premise but in this situation that isn't what happening.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:14 pm

I don't think LeBron would have made that post if he himself and the Lakers hadn't recently been so much in the spotlight, somewhat negatively, about the Davis situation. He's right in principle, though, that you should be equally fine with players requesting to be traded and franchises looking to trade them.

Does anyone need Kanter? Apparently he could be bought out by the Knicks. What happened with him anyway, missed it. Why is he suddenly so out of favor?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:14 pm

Apparently Barnes knew about the talks between Kings and Mavs and of the possibility of the trade going through, but still opted to play.
What I don't get is why he was immediatedly benched, why could he not have finished the game? Or was he officially a Kings player then, and he it would have been against the rules for him to continue? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Art Morte wrote:I don't think LeBron would have made that post if he himself and the Lakers hadn't recently been so much in the spotlight, somewhat negatively, about the Davis situation. He's right in principle, though, that you should be equally fine with players requesting to be traded and franchises looking to trade them.

Does anyone need Kanter? Apparently he could be bought out by the Knicks. What happened with him anyway, missed it. Why is he suddenly so out of favor?

He's too good to play. He could risk Knicks actually winning a game, which they don't want to.

Also he's regarded as an international terrorist
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:54 pm

Mirotic traded to Bucks.

Great pick-up for my Bucks
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Mirotic for second rounders and Stanley Johnson.

What a deal from Pelicans front office Rolling Eyes
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:02 pm

Freeza wrote:Mirotic traded to Bucks.

Your Bucks Suspect

And when is the trade deadline exactly?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:04 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Your Bucks Suspect

I've supported Giannis longer than you've supported "Oakland City" hmm

regarding my other post: four second rounders for Mirotic seems better though.

If they took the Lakers deal right now they'd have a ridiculous arsenal of picks in the future that could create something great.

I like this move. They should imo move everything for picks. They should be able to get something for Jrue and Randle.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:07 pm

Stay at the Lakers m8
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:08 pm

El Gunner wrote:Stay at the Lakers m8

I suppport all Europeans Molenation
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:19 pm

Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Your Bucks Suspect

If they took the Lakers deal right now they'd have a ridiculous arsenal of picks in the future that could create something great.

I like this move. They should imo move everything for picks. They should be able to get something for Jrue and Randle.

I don't think we want to completely scrap it all so Jrue will stay.

We want someone to actually build around lol, in the same way Clippers didn't scrap everyone.

Agree we should do all we can to trade Randle though.

Also i do think unless something ridiculous happens the deal for Davis will be centered around picks and the quality of them which is the main reason the Lakers deal doesn't interest us.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:22 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Freeza wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Your Bucks Suspect

I don't think we want to completely scrap it all so Jrue will stay.

We want someone to actually build around lol, in the same way Clippers didn't scrap everyone.

Agree we should do all we can to trade Randle though.

Also i do think unless something ridiculous happens the deal for Davis will be centered around picks and the quality of them which is the main reason the Lakers deal doesn't interest us.

Lakers's picks in 2023 and 2025 unprotected would be great assets though.

I don't see how Boston's picks are much better considering Clippers and Sacramento picks could likely not go to Celtics.

I think the picks are around same level. Am I missing another pick Celtics have that is somehow a great asset?

Our pick this year is just as valuable as their pick this year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:33 pm

If their Memphis pick doesn't project before than it will be unprotected in 2021 and like i said i think they'll suck.

The Clippers and Sacremento pick could be shit yeah but we'll know by the summer if that's even a thing.

Sure if you give up Picks in the mid 2020s you wouldn't be wrong but we don't really know if that's what you were offering, the Celtics more immediate picks are way better.

Pretty much all of them are late lottery or in some cases better, not just about the Celtics though as Clippers and Knicks also have pretty good picks.

It's never really been about just Celtics and Lakers like most media seem to want to paint it as.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:19 pm

So, Philly got Harris, Bucks got Mirotic and I'm reading that Toronto got Marc Gasol. Quite the arms race in the east!
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:22 pm

Toronto with the worst deal by far, they got worse not better.

Valenciunas is way better than washed up Gasol at this stage.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:27 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Toronto with the worst deal by far, they got worse not better.

Disagree. In the long run perhaps, yes, but Gasol is still a better impact player at the moment.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:29 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Toronto with the worst deal by far, they got worse not better.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but it's kinda cold on Valanciunas, he's been solid for the Raps throughout his career and arguably deserved more game time. 12.8ppg this season in just 19 minutes vs 15.7ppg in 33 minutes for Gasol doesn't look that great on paper from Toronto's point of view. Then again, if you asked Toronto fans who would they rather have in the playoffs I suspect the vast majority would pick Gasol.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:30 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Disagree. In the long run perhaps, yes, but Gasol is still a better impact player at the moment.

Have you seen him play this season? he's shite lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:31 pm

Woj wrote:The Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac, league sources tell ESPN

It's all happening. This looks like a shit trade for the Lakers, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Woj wrote:The Clippers are trading Mike Muscala to the Lakers for Michael Beasley and Ivica Zubac, league sources tell ESPN

It's all happening. This looks like a shit trade for the Lakers, though.

Opening a roster spot. Zubac been bad again after his two good weeks.

We're getting Wayne Ellington most likely. Or Carmelo... Please no.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Clippers and Lakers trade The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 24 Frantic
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:34 pm

Actually now I see it. Kanter to the Lakers after a buy-out. Heard it here first.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:36 pm

Why not just cut Beasley though hmm

Muscala is better than Zubac though. At least as a stretch 5 next to LeBron.

Inb4 we cut him too.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:40 pm

Why do people keep reporting "Lakers and Pelicans haven't talked today"

That's not even news lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next