The Madrid One
S
Kaladin
Luca
The Demon of Carthage
42 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

What is your take on Madrid's underwhelming transfer activities?

[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 5 Vote_lcap58%[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 5 Vote_rcap 58% 
[ 18 ]
[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 5 Vote_lcap42%[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 5 Vote_rcap 42% 
[ 13 ]

Total Votes : 31

[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 5 Empty Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 am

sportsczy wrote:Let's not pretend that the signs of decline weren't evident last year despite winning CL (we lost La Liga and CDR by March as well).

Let's not pretend that our transfer policy is ingenious and part of some greater master plan.

And most importantly, let's not pretend that being out of all competitions by March 6th is anything other than a complete disaster and one of the worse seasons in modern Real Madrid history. Not only are we shit, we're boring to boot.
Hmm, i don't think you are right at all.

There is a masterplan, if you look back 9 years ago when Perez came back with JAS. They put in place foundations which later led to 2 la liga and 4 Champions league in the past 9 years, including a CL threepeat. I would argue, and probably win the argument, that no club has had a more prestigious record in that time.

Tonight, if you are purposely choosing to ignore these facts to shit on Perez and what he did in madrid, as if he was poor in the past 9 years, then you are wrong. you have the right to complain but you are wrong nonetheless.

So my point is, dont be shortsighted, the history of our club did not start in the summer 2018. If they achieved what they achieved by making choices, and winning so much in the process, it's probably because they are way more competent than you give them credit for.

Now this doesnt suggest that will continue to do it ad infinitum. and it's fair to criticize them if they make the wrong decisions, but let's see how they rebuild the team here first

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 5 Empty Re: [Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:02 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think the true miracle here is that they extended their relevance way past when they should have. For instance last season they were completely found out in the league yet clutched their way to a CL. These results, for these players, with these managers, at least start to make a little sense.

There are no miracles when it comes to these things though BC. Madrid, for all its worth, had an immense 2nd half last season and played exactly to their potential which was at a world class level. It wasn't an anomaly either. PSG, Jjuve, Bayern and Liverpool were all great teams and Madrid beat them all to the trophy. Miracles don't happen 7 times (2 legs plus the final). Madrid earned that title and it was a legendary run.

But needless to say, we got found out proper this season and things need to change.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:09 am

Never said they didn't earn it, I did say "clutched" which implies rising up to the occasion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:22 am

Gonna be honest and this is me being extremely cynical to a point I am sure I'm wrong: I don't think any of Perez 2.0 signings have been part of some master plan with the exception of Ronaldo. Think he just signed world class talent and hoped for the best. It's only recently I am actually seeing a pattern, to which, I hope it works out.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:39 am

"Clutched" lol. Pls. It was the luck of the century. Last night's game 12 months ago and VAR calls that Ajax goal off, Benzema doesn't slip and the freak freekick goal doesn't go in and Madrid somehow go through, despite being outplayed all game. As if Madrid performed so differently last season against Juventus in the Bernabeu or against Bayern or against us in the league or even against Schalke some years ago when Ronaldo came to the rescue.

Won the CL last season after a defender and 2 goalkeepers gifted goals left and right while getting completely outplayed. "Masterplan". Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:48 am

Jealousy doesnt look good on you, your own CL wins are marred with controversy and Ovredos, you just pipe it down

@Doc, i use the same word as Sportsczy, the masterplan is the same all players use: sign good players, sign a good coach. So at the end of the day, they have proven they can at least do that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:58 am

i wish i could agree with the grand plan theory that flo came up with in 09. considering we've paid out like 4 coaching severance packages before we got zizou. anyway at least we've learned our lesson and there's nothing to paper the cracks. i'm more interested with who the coach would be and how much of a say he would have
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:38 am

futbol wrote:"Clutched" lol. Pls. It was the luck of the century. Last night's game 12 months ago and VAR calls that Ajax goal off, Benzema doesn't slip and the freak freekick goal doesn't go in and Madrid somehow go through, despite being outplayed all game. As if Madrid performed so differently last season against Juventus in the Bernabeu or against Bayern or against us in the league or even against Schalke some years ago when Ronaldo came to the rescue.

Won the CL last season after a defender and 2 goalkeepers gifted goals left and right while getting completely outplayed. "Masterplan". Laughing

This. They were aided in most part by only have to focus on 1 competition all these years and having the luck of the devil. You need a tremendous amount of luck to win CL once. Madrid had that 3 years running. That is unfathomable. At some point, it was bound to run out and when it did they were bound to look like the 3rd best team in La Liga. Which they looked tonight.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:51 am

Agreed, only luck can win you 3 titles in a row. Not skill, not endurance, not tactical discipline. Simple luck. That's the secret folks.

Seriously, for grown ass, intelligent men, you guys could write nonsense. By guys, I mean that ass hat futbol. Hate him more than Hans tbh.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:08 am

barca fans when they have to jusitfy why other teams are winning. i bet it was luck that eliminated your assout of the CL all those years rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:14 am

M99 wrote:I mean any fool could see that whatever was Perez's plan for the season, it was ridiculously asinine. Sell the best player in the world and replace him with absolutely no one. You lost a player who scores 50 goals for you each season hoping that its picked up by an injury prone player, a past it CF and an 18 year old? Hire someone who is considered the worst coach in Porto's recent history to replace a 3 time CL winner and guess what? But nah act smug when Getafe is smashed, claim Benzema is unchained after he hits double figures after two whole years, and then blame the "Ronaldo mentality" when you lose.

Maybe you can claim its a long term plan but there is no such thing as a good long term plan in football that starts with a disastrous season. The squad needs to be rebuilt and you can trust Perez to do next season or the season after what he SHOULD have done this season. We all laughed at Liverpool when they bought in Lambert, Balotelli, Lallana etc to replace Suarez but at least they tried something. Replacing Ronaldo with no one is one of the stupidest moves in football history.

M99 wrote:
I think its time to stop pretending Madrid have been frugal and smart with their money. You spent 35 million on Courtois, 45 million on Rodrygo Goes and 30 million on Ordiozola. A keeper when you already have a great keeper, a backup RB (when Hakimi who is doing great on Dortmund was already there), and an 18 year old thats out on loan (you already have Vinicius anyway!). Unnecessary transfers. That 100 million would have easily gotten Icardi, Juve was going to buy him until Ronaldo fell on their lap. Hazard pretty much openly said he wants to go to Madrid after the World Cup, his contract is expiring next year, a 60 million bid could have very well goten him in Madrid.

Even in January when things were apparent, Perez just buys Brahimi Diaz and proclaims Benzema the best number 9 in the world.

[Serious] GL's Roundtable - The Real Madrid Edition - Page 5 Giphy
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:28 am

Every single football game is decided by some luck whether it's a CL or league game. You guys should read "The Numbers Game", an excellent read which really highlights and explains this and more.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:29 pm

Spoiler:

Last edited by Glory on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:33 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:i wish Icardi with his marvelous finishing could have helped Inter past the first round, but here we are reminiscing of a cuck who would have saved our entire season.

What a standard. Icardi scored in 4 of the 6 matches in CL vs Barca, Spurs and twice vs PSV. Scrub for not scoring a brace per game with this dysfunctional Inter.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:07 pm

Luck wins you a match or two, not a tournament...three times in a row.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:41 pm

farfan wrote:Luck wins you a match or two, not a tournament...three times in a row.

And that's which mathematical rule exactly?

2016 the way to the final: Roma -> Wolfsburg -> City before Pep when Leicester won the Premier League.

Europa League quality draw.

Easiest draw in history: yes or no? Even Madrid fans themselves used to joke about "let Figo draw the balls again".

Then Atletico in the final where Atletico's top scorer is injured and can't play just like 2 seasons before.

2017 can't complain too much. Of course lucky again on many occasions, don't remember how many offside goals it was against Bayern, but nothing out of the norm.

Then last season 2 goalkeepers and 1 defender gifting goals out of nowhere in 3 consecutive games, that last minute penalty when Juve were smashing you + MVP of the final team injured, plus half the Bayern team injured in the semis.

I mean it's okay. You can't really do anything about injuries of opponent teams (well, in Ramos' case you can but whatever) or easy draws or decisions going your way. So you obviously deserve it. But pls don't tell people you worked hard 80 hours a week to make a fortune when you just won the lottery. A culmination of easy draws, kind refs, lots of injuries to other teams, unheard of amateur level errors at CL semi final and final levels, last minute goals etc. got you to those CL trophies.

Yesterday was a typical Madrid game against a good side bar 2 or 3 moments not going your way. This time not so lucky.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:51 pm

rincon wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:i wish Icardi with his marvelous finishing could have helped Inter past the first round, but here we are reminiscing of a cuck who would have saved our entire season.

What a standard. Icardi scored in 4 of the 6 matches in CL vs Barca, Spurs and twice vs PSV. Scrub for not scoring a brace per game with this dysfunctional Inter.

Saying that he could've saved our entire season single-handedly is perhaps stretching it a bit, we need more than one addition to this team, but his clinical finishing certainly wouldn't have hurt our chances of advancing in the matches where we couldn't seem to score if our lives depended on it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:53 pm

all those features are what wins titles though; lol in almost every sport people can point to things like that to say why the team that won, won what they did. the little details ; and you also included 'last minute goals' , well that's part of it too, lucky or not. mj scored a late point against utah en route to winning the title, and people argue did he or didn't he push the defender

last night, or should i say this season, we have just been terrible. a good team can still somewhat create their own luck, and also i might add, ajax where very good. its not just that we were terrible, they created their own luck , were stronger, younger, more skilled, more confident and technically better.

its really that simple, what we won cannot be taken away, its etched in stone, whether anyone likes it or not. and so is the ass whooping we got from ajax as well
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:21 pm

rincon wrote:

Please don't study Nick and his ridiculous slant towards Icardi's quality. He and the higher ups at Madrid are waiting for the next Ronaldo to appear magically while other solid forwards are out here, doing things.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:04 pm

Icardi is DOING things alright, Wanda for one, and posting emo messages on instagram
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Emo messages on Instagram is more than Madrid have done this season tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:15 pm

Been thinking about a comeback for an hour and I have nothing. Gonna buy some shoes to make Ashley richer so he can keep Newcastle :sad:
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:16 pm

Laughing Fair.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:26 pm

ZIZOU IS BACK
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:34 pm

thank god Ajax already won
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next