RealGunner
juvealbanian
Mr Nick09
Ganso
S
70 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid  - Page 22 Empty Re: Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:08 pm

14 g/a in 4 years, one beer belly, zero fucks given, legendary.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid  - Page 22 Empty Re: Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid

Post by Firenze Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:21 pm

Official : Eden Hazard to Real Madrid  - Page 22 0da512fe70419c5d8b0c9d3eaf242bff
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:11 am

Firenze wrote:PL watchers that weren't casuals called this exact scenario...though even I who thought it would be a terrible move didn't imagine it would be this forgettable

Interesting... why though? He seemed to boss it at Chelsea n NT for quite a period... small skillful dribbling type player, pretty typical of the Spanish type... really strange that he dipped that quickly n never recovered...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:25 am

i've got goosebumps

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:26 pm

Firenze wrote:PL watchers that weren't casuals called this exact scenario...though even I who thought it would be a terrible move didn't imagine it would be this forgettable

You called a series of crippling injuries that derailed his career? Laughing It turned out to be a failed transfer but not for the reasons his haters fixated on (Sideways dribbling or whatever nonsense you guys were on)
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:57 pm

Real Madrid's 5 biggest busts of all time.
1. Hazard (by a mile)
2. Kaka
3. Anelka
4. James
5. Woodgate
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:30 pm

@tito... how about Drenthe? Cannavaro? although not a bust, i thought Bekham was very underwhelming too. Michael Owen was kind of a bust too mainly because we didn't play him...nothing he did.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun Jun 04, 2023 8:47 pm

you can make an argument for everyone on that list (except becks) but i dont think they're worse than my 5. when you take into account fees, expectation and performance. Woodgate may not have the 3 but he just has to be there, for a while he was the poster boy for what a flop looked like. becks imo wasnt a flop. didn't have a successful stint at madrid, but i thought dude always played his ass off. and i hate to put kaka on that list, but we have to call it like it is.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:50 pm

Beckham was a bust until he announced he was going to LA. Once Capello realized he needed him and added him to lineup, he played very well in his last half of that season.

I agree with Tito's list and re Owen, Drenthe but not Cannavaro. He wasn't as good as in Italy, but he did contribute unlike others in this list.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:18 am

i liked becks at madrid. there was never a time where i felt he should be on the bench. he tried his best for us.
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:12 am

My issue with bekham has nothing to do with him... we sold prime makelele to get bekham... that's my beef lol.

I think First Era of Flo as president should be mentioned as a flop now that I think about it.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:32 am

Well you can certainly say Flo’s first term was not successful, but I wouldn’t call it a flop. They had star players and played very enjoyable futbol. Compare that era with the in between era. Gravenson as their lead player for example!

As to Beckham, yes the issue was where should he play with Figo and Zidane, but to me he only played making an impact in his last half season after Capello realized he needed him.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:58 pm

officially retired

one of the most overrated players of my lifetime, great on his day which tended to be 5-10 games a season outside of one or two years
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:02 pm

He was properly rated and has proved me all of you wrong in 2016-2019 Laughing His impact was undeniable and both the eye test and the stats back this up.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:04 pm

I agree, properly rated. Not a proper ending though, Real Madrid should have been the height of his career, instead...

Will never forget his ass, a very fun player to watch.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:05 pm

The worst player in our history both in terms of transfer fee and impact.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:12 pm

Firenze wrote:officially retired

one of the most overrated players of my lifetime, great on his day which tended to be 5-10 games a season outside of one or two years

yup beyond overrated even at Chelsea
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:20 pm

El Gunner wrote:

I see this one still hurts
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Davis Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:07 pm

Signing for Real Madrid was the biggest mistake he ever made. His career went downhill from there.

Last edited by Davis on Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davis
Davis
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:46 pm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:04 pm

Even at Lille, he was widely known to not train well at all. He relied entirely on his talent and just did the minimum in terms of physical fitness. That caught up to him of course. But even when he knew that he needed to change his habits, he didn't.

Footballers aren't extending their careers past the age of 30 these days by miracle. Diet, fitness, lifestyle and medicine have all evolved... but besides medicine, the rest is up to the player in terms of taking advantage. Hazard did not. So he had the career length of someone who played in the 80s and 90s as a result.

He was basically a Brazilian who mostly all end up like this.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:28 pm

Vibe wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

I see this one still hurts

even Giroud has scored some nice goals in his life Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:29 am

Matt Law on Hazard: "There was a funny story which was never denied by the club. After training, there was a Burger van outside Stamford Bridge, the club basically had to tell people around it to stop selling Burgers to Eden Hazard on his way home from Stamford Bridge." 😂
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:35 am

Hazard was definitely not overrated, his teammates and players that have played against him certainly don't think he was overrated.

Hazard flopped at Madrid due to combination of injuries, work ethic, and age.

It is really not a surprise to be honest; lack of taking care of your bodies year round will show up at that age and in combination with injuries.

It is no different to Ronaldinho toward end of his Barca days.

Kinda why i have huge respect for Arjen Robben, ability to overcome injuries time after time. Speaks a lot about how he much he took care of his body mentally and physically.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:15 am

Can anyone explain how Hazard is overrated?

Or are we throwing out that term lazily bc we cannot find a better superlative.

Hazard in terms of raw talent was mind-numbingly talented, to the point its endless ceiling was his own downfall because that's literally all he relied on. There was nothing he didn't have in his arsenal.

He lit up Europe when in Lille and had a brilliant career in Chelsea. I'll never forget how often he terrorised LFC and single-handedly. Why would we call him overrated given his discipline was awful, was injury prone and prone to lapses?

The word isn't overrated the word is an idiot. He was fantastic for Belgium, a generation that failed as a whole for the country but living short of his expectations does not take away from a successful career. Easily the most talented of this golden Belgian generation. Get real.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Clutch Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:26 am

English media would overrate him from my memory. I never viewed him in my top 5 nearly at any point but that's what I kept on hearing from the PL. Tremendous talent though

Clutch
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next