Art Morte
Soul
BeautifulGame
Mr Nick09
lenear1030
El Chelsea Fuerte
15 posters

Go down

Man City to buy Aguero despite no Tevez sale Empty Man City to buy Aguero despite no Tevez sale

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:30 pm

Manchester City are moving to finalise the signing of Atletico Madrid's Sergio Aguero despite the collapse of Carlos Tevez's move to Corinthians.

City boss Roberto Mancini has decided to press on with a deal for Aguero even without finance from the sale of Tevez.

The two sides are moving towards agreement on the £39m buy-out clause in the 23-year-old's contract.

BBC Sport understands no deal has been struck yet but negotiations are progressing smoothly.

The arrival of Aguero is not tied in with Tevez's future at City, who is now waiting to discover what his next move will be.

Corinthians pulled out of their move to take Tevez back to Brazil, and be reunited with his family in South America, after initially agreeing a £38.6m - 40m euros plus 4m euros in add-ons - transfer with City.

City were happy to accept payment in instalments as part of the Tevez deal, but were insisting on the customary bank guarantees associated with a deal of such magnitude and Corinthians were unable or willing to meet the demand.

Tevez's desire to leave City remains as strong as ever, but he may face an added complication as City are unlikely to accept a similar fee if it is offered by any of the top European clubs who make a move to sign the 27-year-old Argentine.

City were prepared to compromise on a fee with Corinthians as Tevez was returning to South America and it also helped to solve the problem of the separation from his children that he insists is the cause of his discontent.

Inter Milan have been linked with Tevez, although they insist they cannot afford the financial package it would take to secure his signature, and if they did move it is likely City will demand much closer to their original asking price of £50m.

City will not consider any loan deals for Tevez, despite the fact that the striker who captained them to the FA Cup and a place in the Champions League, is intent on quitting the Premier League.

Tevez is currently on an agreed break after playing for Argentina in the Copa America - and City will expect him to report for training as normal with his colleagues if he is not sold by the time he is scheduled to return.

In the meantime, City have switched from their original plan to wait until Tevez was sold before signing Aguero, with Mancini believing he now needs to strengthen his striking resources irrespective of whether he is sold or not.

So how will Man City play both Tevez and Aguero together??

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Man City to buy Aguero despite no Tevez sale Empty Re: Man City to buy Aguero despite no Tevez sale

Post by Guest Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:32 pm

I thought Juve had agreed terms with him though :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Man City to buy Aguero despite no Tevez sale Empty Re: Man City to buy Aguero despite no Tevez sale

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:33 pm

Sepi wrote:I thought Juve had agreed terms with him though :coffee:

That's false.

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:37 pm

ok, i wasnt with the man city bashing at all last season but this is absurd.

only way them getting aguero makes any sense is if they put him on the wing.

tevez/dzeko/balotelli + aguero?

not to mention they still dont know what to do with Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Adebayor. they were lucky to be able to get rid of Jo..... smh
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:39 pm

they will sell tevez for sure, and even if they have to sell those other players for half of what they are worth, they will do it to get rid of their wage bills.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:28 am

TBH an attack of Tevez Aguero and Silva could become insane.

Aguero Tevez Silva

Yaya

Barry De Jong

Only question is what will they do with the likes of Baloteli Dzeko Johnson etc who would all demand to play in order to keep their places ahead of Euros.And there are some volatile characters in them too could all kick up if Manci isn't upto it.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:18 am

Great. Buy all the players that are needed at other clubs and let them rot. Great plan for success.
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:59 am

City were happy to accept payment in instalments as part of the Tevez deal, but were insisting on the customary bank guarantees associated with a deal of such magnitude and Corinthians were unable or willing to meet the demand.

No offence to anyone, but this doesn't surprise me.
Immediately felt like Corinthians were punching above their weight with that £40m offer. We'll see if something happens in January, but not holding my breath.

Aguero wants to leave now, so I understand if City grab the chance before it might be gone, even with Tevez still in the team.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by JuvenelCuore Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:16 am

Never. Juventus made offers but none of them were accepted by Tevez or Manchester City.

By the way, how will Manchester City meet the Fair Player regulations when they are spending left and right ?
JuvenelCuore
JuvenelCuore
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:34 am

JuvenelCuore wrote:

Never. Juventus made offers but none of them were accepted by Tevez or Manchester City.

By the way, how will Manchester City meet the Fair Player regulations when they are spending left and right ?

Remains to be seen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:22 am

Seriously how much do City afford to pay in wages??
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by del_boy Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:57 am

Didn't Mancini said, that Aguero's transfer depends on Tevez ? If Tevez stays, Kun won't come.
del_boy
del_boy
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:06 am

They'll probably force him out to wherever.

Dzeko
Silva Aguero Johnson
De Jong Touré

That's pretty sex on paper.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by droit_au_but Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:14 am

Art Morte wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Remains to be seen.

I thought I heard that their new deal to rename Eastlands was worth 400 € million a year, or something like that. Basically an absurd amount that made their ability to spend pretty much unchanged from past years

They found the loophole in the system :/
droit_au_but
droit_au_but
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:01 am

droit_au_but wrote:
Art Morte wrote:
JuvenelCuore wrote:

Remains to be seen.

I thought I heard that their new deal to rename Eastlands was worth 400 € million a year, or something like that. Basically an absurd amount that made their ability to spend pretty much unchanged from past years

They found the loophole in the system :/

It's rumoured to be £400m over 10 years.

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2011/07/manchester-citys-incredible-deal-know.html
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by droit_au_but Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:03 am

Ah, that sounds a lot more reasonable than what I had thought, but still pretty lame that it would allow them to continue their spending like madmen

As a question of my own, does anyone know what the sanctions are for a club that does disobey the financial fair play?
droit_au_but
droit_au_but
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:53 am

New reports say that Aguero prefers Juventus move ....
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:10 am

I don't think they'll get Aguero. They have way too many strikers, why add another one? Tevez, Adebayor, Dzeko...etc. No space.

In other reports:

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/t4193-bnews-aguero-wants-juventus-move
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:20 pm

DeviAngel wrote:New reports say that Aguero prefers Juventus move ....

Which media report?Any crediblity? Because BBC is saying City are closing in on signing him and they are usually 100% spot on.City wont go for him if he isn't happy to sign for them because then it would cause a huge PR embrassment.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:40 pm

they never show the source, it's ridiculous and they present it as true, lol.

i wouldnt be surprised it's coming from calciomercato or tuttosport or sportmediaset or whatever it is called.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Heard Aguero will be on £250k p/w at City.

Madness.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:18 pm

7amood11 wrote:I don't think they'll get Aguero. They have way too many strikers, why add another one? Tevez, Adebayor, Dzeko...etc. No space.

This is Man City we are talking about...
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum