World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia)

+43
nadinkrah
breva
halamadrid2
GRude
rincon
LeBéninois
el_keralite
Thimmy
Valkyrja
Kaladin
juvealbanian
Mr Nick09
Warrior
farfan
CBarca
McLewis
FennecFox7
BarrileteCosmico
Robespierre
Unique
Lucifer
Art Morte
sportsczy
BarcaLearning
BusterLfc
Cruijf
M99
Myesyats
Luca
Jay29
Nishankly
Great Leader Sprucenuce
El Gunner
RealGunner
messixaviesta
Hapless_Hans
Zagadka
zigra
The Demon of Carthage
Doc
Firenze
S
urbaNRoots
47 posters

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Who will qualify? (Select two teams)

World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_lcap44%World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_lcap44%World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_lcap0%World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_lcap11%World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia)

Post by Unique Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:40 am

Firenze wrote:Alli was clearly hurt after a while, no idea why he stayed on.

I do feel Rashford should get a start, I think it's not much of a risk vs Panama to see how it works out, but I've noticed at United he's generally better for us when he comes off the bench for what it's worth.

Lingard was definitely frustrating, at times he looked like our most dangerous player like you mentioned, getting into good positions. I hope he can find his finishing boots in the tournament asap, he was actually very clinical when he was on fire for United before Christmas. Otherwise he's just gonna be more punchable than ever if he's missing sitters.
i think lingard is to eager to get on the score sheet so he is blasting the ball and not placing it. he needs to just calm down a bit and let things happen instead of forcing it.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 Empty Re: World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia)

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:43 am

MOTM HenderLAD
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:09 am

Seeing some pretty harsh criticism on Tunisia. Thought they did all right. Worked hard and caused issues for England, just couldn't take the chances they got and really need to improve their defending on corners. Game ended about how I expect it to though.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:55 am

Loved all the players celebrating together both goals like a bunch of 8 year olds, makes me feel hopeful for this team after years of infighting
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:05 am

McLewis wrote:Seeing some pretty harsh criticism on Tunisia. Thought they did all right. Worked hard and caused issues for England, just couldn't take the chances they got and really need to improve their defending on corners. Game ended about how I expect it to though.
tbh the set plays by england were pretty good.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:09 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Loved all the players celebrating together both goals like a bunch of 8 year olds, makes me feel hopeful for this team after years of infighting
you are right. this team does not have the talent of the teams from the past but they do seem to have a much better team spirit. i also think the manager has a lot to do with that. no matter how we do in this world cup i think we should stick with the manager.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:21 am

Probably helps to have a core base on the spurs all from close to the same age.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:17 am

Unique wrote:
McLewis wrote:Seeing some pretty harsh criticism on Tunisia. Thought they did all right. Worked hard and caused issues for England, just couldn't take the chances they got and really need to improve their defending on corners. Game ended about how I expect it to though.
tbh the set plays by england were pretty good.

True. Kane's movement and positioning on the 2nd, in particular, was good. Still, you'd expect someone to get a body on him, as the danger man.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:25 am

I dint see them creating any tbh. Not even half chances. They offered absolutely nothing going forward. The 2-1 scoreline is pretty kind to them if you ask me. The game should've been done and dusted at half time but in typical England fashion they had to labor to a win against a vastly inferior opponent.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:35 am

S wrote:Highest ranked African team rofl

Seriously, is this what's the best Africa's got to offer ?

Where is that Real Madrid numpty who was bashing Asian teams for sucking yet African teams are stinking it up for the entire tournament ffs. Even lost a direct H2H battle against an Asian opponent. You cant get more worse than this. OUT with the complaints against Asian teams.

Other than Morocco who shat the bed and scored an own goal, which African didn't live up to expectations? all of them were facing vastly superior European/ South American opponents and none of them got blown out the way Saudi Arabia did. hmm

Tunisia isn't the best African team Laughing not even D.O.C would tell you that.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:55 am

farfan wrote:
S wrote:Highest ranked African team rofl

Seriously, is this what's the best Africa's got to offer ?

Where is that Real Madrid numpty who was bashing Asian teams for sucking yet African teams are stinking it up for the entire tournament ffs. Even lost a direct H2H battle against an Asian opponent. You cant get more worse than this. OUT with the complaints against Asian teams.

Other than Morocco who shat the bed and scored an own goal, which African didn't live up to expectations? all of them were facing vastly superior European/ South American opponents and none of them got blown out the way Saudi Arabia did. hmm

Tunisia isn't the best African team Laughing not even D.O.C would tell you that.

African teams are rated much higher than Asian teams coming into this tournament. To come into the World Cup and flop so miserably like they've done so far is an embarrassment to the entire continent ffs. Nobody on the other hand expected anything out of Saudi or Australia or other Asian teams.

And yeah, losing a direct H2H against an Asian team is a huge L no matter which way you look at it.

Asia so far - 3 out of 12 pts
Africa so far - 0 out of 12 pts

bottom line imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:38 pm

S wrote:

I dint see them creating any tbh. Not even half chances. They offered absolutely nothing going forward. The 2-1 scoreline is pretty kind to them if you ask me. The game should've been done and dusted at half time but in typical England fashion they had to labor to a win against a vastly inferior opponent.

Yep, we were hardly tested defensively. It's the main reason I can't be too critical of the defenders outside of Walker's brain fart, they hardly had anything to do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:50 pm

Pundits praise Henderson; Lineker: "he was exceptional", Lampard: "He carried on his recent form for LFC. He’s a leader, he’s matured on and off the pitch and he’s used real intelligence to take that role. He’s got great drive in him. The question is 'can he find a pass earlier'; we saw he can tonight."
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:25 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Pundits praise Henderson; Lineker: "he was exceptional", Lampard: "He carried on his recent form for LFC. He’s a leader, he’s matured on and off the pitch and he’s used real intelligence to take that role. He’s got great drive in him. The question is 'can he find a pass earlier'; we saw he can tonight."

Henderson is decent, his passing range and vision are very good. His problem is, though, that he cannot face a defender with the ball and create himself the space to play a pass, too slow and no dribbling skills.

But I do like him. People like to shit on him, but he's been a mainstay at Liverpool for several years now and neither has England produced a better player for that jack-of-all-trades midfield role.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:40 pm

Henderson played very well last night. He had the time and space to play his passes which meant he could be more expansive than usual. And his mentality has always been good. In that sense he's an important part of the squad since the other players are more reserved (especially Kane, who's more a talisman than a real leader).

It's just that Henderson isn't quite good enough to run a game against quality opposition. Teams often recognise his limitations, get around him and really test his technique and decision making. That's where he struggles.

But bar Dier, England have no other 6's in their squad. Dier offers something different but games against Tunisia and Panama aren't for him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:07 am

S wrote:

Sure. No disagreement on the scoreline. Most of what I saw were some good moves that did have them getting behind England's backline once or twice. I suppose they don't really count as chances per se, but the potential was there.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:20 pm

With how the tournament has played out, it might be in England's and Belgium's best interest to finish second in this group.

This is on the assumption that Mexico and Brazil win their groups. That'd set-up the following ties:

Mexico vs Switzerland/Costa Rica/Serbia
Brazil vs Germany/Sweden/South Korean

If England finish 2nd, they'll get one of Poland/Senegal/Japan/Colombia in the R16. If they win that, they'd get the winner of Mexico vs Switzerland/Costa Rica/Serbia.

If England finish top, they'll get Poland/Senegal/Japan/Colombia, but would then face the winner of Brazil vs potentially Germany.

Obviously a lot of assumptions being made here, but there's a potential route to a semi-final for someone unexpected.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:42 pm

Would rather try and finish top and all the confidence and momentum that comes with it tbh.

We can't avoid big teams forever anyway, if we want to progress to the latter stages we'll have to face those teams eventually anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:45 pm

Playing weaker teams on purpose?

OUT
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:53 pm

Nishankly wrote:Playing weaker teams on purpose?

OUT

Agreed.

World Cup (2018) - Group G (Belgium, England, Panama, Tunisia) - Page 8 It-is-not-the-brexit-way
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 pm

So Southgate dislocated his shoulder during a morning run.

Can we confirm Sergio Ramos' whereabouts during that time?
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:56 am

Starting a petition on change.org
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Apparently the team has been leaked.

Rashford will be in for Sterling and Loftus Cheek will come in for Alli who is injured.

I can't complain tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:13 pm

Can't wait for England's next match, only team that plays any sort of attractive football in this tournament

fully behind Brexiland this summer

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:07 pm

Hazard penalty 1-0
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:14 pm

That redhead #8 for Tunisia plays dangerously, i wonder what's his problem.

Will admins open CHAT today ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 22  Next