Valkyrja
Myesyats
RealGunner
35 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

El Clasico 17/18 - Page 8 Empty Re: El Clasico 17/18

Post by danyjr Sat 23 Dec 2017, 21:36

I'm not a fan of Mourinho, but I think at that time you needed a guy like him. Did he overstay his expiry date? Probably by a season.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 23 Dec 2017, 22:22

Casciavit wrote:Madrid was a banter club before Mou's arrival lol. Imagine thinking otherwise.

Just like Milan has been a banter club since after Mourinho left. Imagine thinking otherwise Very Happy
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 23 Dec 2017, 22:25

danyjr wrote:There are good things he did, for example getting rid of a fast declining Casillas, or converting Ramos from a RB to a CB and bravely giving Varane the chances to be the top player he now is.

He also changed the mentality of a team that was previously numb to getting butt raped by their arch rivals.

I also think he deserves some credit for bringing in Özil and, at the very least, attempting to slap the lethargy out of him, albeit without much long-term success.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 23 Dec 2017, 22:27

Ozil was Madrid's 2nd best player after Ronaldo

pls calma
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat 23 Dec 2017, 23:05

It's no secret that his vision and passing ability are both top notch, but we all know he can be a lazy diva Rolling Eyes Him and Ronaldo had a telepathic understanding on the pitch, and I really miss how effective they were together, back when the latter still had exceptional mobility. Özil would sometimes disinterestedly jog around the pitch for 70-80 minutes and then complain on the rare occasion that he was substituted, though. I don't miss that. He definitely shone the most when he came on as a sub, himself. I think Mourinho deserves credit for not letting him get too comfortable. It may have lead to a dispute between the two eventually, but Özil was super effective when Mou benched him from the start of matches.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat 23 Dec 2017, 23:14

danyjr wrote:I'm not a fan of Mourinho, but I think at that time you needed a guy like him. Did he overstay his expiry date? Probably by a season.

I dunno for someone who isn't a fan of him you make an awful amount of excuses for his failures extremely regularly.

Your actions state you like him quite a lot.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 24 Dec 2017, 00:24

He definitely improved Madrid as a whole and made them competitive again. And even though he didn't win as much as we would've liked, we're definitely grateful to him for all the good things he did to the club.

Having said, I personally want him to stay as far as humanly possible from Madrid because:

1) I think he's truly and utterly past it.

2) The toxic environment he created at Madrid wasn't worth the meager trophy haul he gave in return.

3) There's something even more important than trophies and that's the club's reputation in world football. Mourinho kept dragging the Madrid name through the mud with his disgusting antics.

Last but not least, we've won way more trophies after his departure than we did under him and with players that aren't his without parking the bus or poking people in the eye.

Seriously, I hope he never returns to Madrid again.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 24 Dec 2017, 02:49

rincon wrote:Mourinho made a mess but he also made Madrid relevant again.

This is quite true and it's why I could never really be all venomous...which is what his last season turned out. Absolute poison. It's why Madrid fans can be selective with their memory as the last season he had was really painful. Not only we played absolutely shit football, the club was imploding. Iker hated him, Pepe hated him, Ronaldo, Ramos, every single media outlet hated him. The Clasico's became a real pain, it even took a real toll on Dani in GL.

Anyway, great win by Barcelona. Exploited our mistakes with ease and generally showed why they are still unbeaten in La Liga. Still feel we are gonna knock out PSG though...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 24 Dec 2017, 16:52

Actually a bit surprised how mature I think and how well Real fans taking the defeat. Some of their comments above are spot on.

Think I should stop rubbing it in Razz Tbf also, Real were that bad obviously, it really could have gone either way, but they did made a few mistakes apart from just bad luck, etc.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 24 Dec 2017, 21:23

BarcaLearning wrote:Actually a bit surprised how mature I think and how well Real fans taking the defeat. Some of their comments above are spot on.

Think I should stop rubbing it in Razz Tbf also, Real were that bad obviously, it really could have gone either way, but they did made a few mistakes apart from just bad luck, etc.

You've won fair and square. You have every right to "rub it in", and we should take it with grace.

And just because you're our arch-rival, there's absolutely no reason for us to hate each other. I respect your club, I respect your winning mentality and it's been an absolute pleasure competing with you for every single trophy there's under the sun.

Congrats for the Clasico win!
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sun 24 Dec 2017, 23:21

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
danyjr wrote:I'm not a fan of Mourinho, but I think at that time you needed a guy like him. Did he overstay his expiry date? Probably by a season.

I dunno for someone who isn't a fan of him you make an awful amount of excuses for his failures extremely regularly.

Your actions state you like him quite a lot.

Please have a memory of longer than 6 months. I merely stated the obvious that his team was against an oil driven team full of talent and hence had no chance.

I've given him credit when it's been due. And slated him also when he deserved it. You only need to go back to my posts when he coached Madrid to see how I liked him "quite a lot" Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sun 24 Dec 2017, 23:23

nobody is saying mourinho didn't help. he did, especially with attitude, but doesn't the "give previous coach credit after he's left" tag expire after a certain period of time? we had this argument after carlo's team won la decima, now 3 years later we should still be giving him props? as someone posted previously, what about inter, why has nobody said he left his effect on them? he had his time and he helped, helped a lot actually during that time. but that's where it stops.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8