rincon
Warrior
Great Leader Sprucenuce
danyjr
20 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Greatest Games of All Time

Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 2 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 5 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 6 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 1 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 4 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 47

Greatest Games of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Games of All Time

Post by rincon Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:51 am

danyjr wrote:Monkey Island better than Grim Fandango? You guys are kidding Shocked

How did I forget Grim Fandango, what a game Proud

Definitely better than any 1 Monkey Island, but with MI 1-3 Maybe I got more attached to them.

I still remember the skeleton with the knife on it's back on MI3 with the tag "ask me about Grim Fandango".

rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:01 am

Warrior wrote:my first video game ever was F-Zero-X, a futuristic racing game on N64

i wonder if anybody had enough luck to play it as well ?
Warrior wrote:my first video game ever was F-Zero-X, a futuristic racing game on N64

i wonder if anybody had enough luck to play it as well ?

It's one of my favourite N64 games tbh, also the Gamecube sequel F-Zero GX is probably the best arcade racer of all time tbh.

Shame Nintendo don't want to make new F-Zero games because according to them " we can't think of new things to make it fresh " but you are fine making Mario #1000 doe (:

N64 is probably my favourite console of all time and the one i grew up on, i still have it under my bed with about 50 games lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:56 pm

Of the options given , greatest of all for me would be the Metal Gear Solid series , from the first one on the PS1 to Phantom Pain , each and every game was something else for me and it's still fun to play whenever i get back to these games , even after all this time. Only one i haven't played to completion and i still get angry thinking about it is MGS4 and that's only because i never got myself a PS3 , built a new pc instead back then. Hoping to play it fully one day , somehow.

After that , i find no particular need to categorize the rest , not sure i've ever dropped whatever else i'm doing to play a game like i have with the MGS games.

So , Dark Souls , Batman Arkham Series , Assassin's Creed Series easily don't care about anything i had fun , of course Elder Scrolls though mostly because of Skyrim , i played some Morrowind and Oblivion back in the day but i didn't appreciate them , damn even when Skyrim got out i didn't play it immediately , had misunderstood these games like the intelligent person that i still am. Skyrim devoured countless hours of my lyf when i realised what this game was .

One which is not on the list , the Civilization games . Simply put , the GOAT at what it is. Once again in my younger days i played some Civ 3 and Civ 4 but past me didn't appreciate these either . Civ 5 though? Endless hours into Civ 5 and i already feel burned out on Civ 6 and haven't played all the civs extensively yet.

Can't wait for the urge to kick back in , 1 more turn forever rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:06 pm

Laughing

The poll is why i love games, there's 25 votes and the scale is basically one game with 3 and the rest with 2 and 1 Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:32 pm

Proud

I wanted to vote for Zelda too , played some Zelda games on my gameboy (also Castlevania) , which still works ffs and had Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask as well , but these games seemed so hard to me back then , i didn't know english either so it was tough to figure out shit lol .

Wish i hadn't given my N64 to my little cousin when i got older . I visited him after some time had passed and i saw it in his yard ruined and full of dust . I still feel sad about it , but lesson learned . Never gift young little shits anything of worth :coffee:

Been aching to play Breath of the Wild as well , but i am unsure what to do . Can't possibly get Switch for just one game. I can emulate it on PC , but unless it's confirmed i can play it almost flawlessly throughout , i am not getting to experience such a game like this. Not worth it.

So there's that , but one way or another i have unfinished business with the Zelda series , i know this. It irks me that little shit me had these games and didn't experience them fully as i should have. I guess it's never late , emulator ftw
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:38 pm

ES wrote: Okami isn't listed but its one i hold dear to my heart.

According to two independent sources, both verified by Kotaku UK, Capcom is porting Okami to PS4 and Xbox One and it will see release this December.

The evidence we've seen shows that two different European retail chains have recently added Okami HD to their internal upcoming physical releases calendar. Both retail chains are in different parts of the EU, and both list the game as releasing on 12th December 2017. The detail of the physical release is especially interesting, as the 2012 HD release on PS3 was only available as a download in the west (despite the Japanese boxed release featuring multi-region language support).
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:08 pm

People consider Vice City to be better than San Andreas? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:15 pm

I do yes, but i loved the coked out 1980s Miami setting tbh Laughing

Much more interesting to me than early 90s LA.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:36 pm

Never played any GTA after Vice City.

sincerely no regrets , found San Andreas very boring when i first played it , never played any ever again

4 and 5 seem like really nice games , but i don't care to play them for some reason . Maybe if they ever build anything like Vice City again
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:49 pm

GTA IV had a great story and setting but other than the main storyline there wasn't much to do in the city, whereas with V you have around 70 hours of playtime on single player mode alone.

V is really the masterpiece for me due to sheer size of Los Santos and the content and various gems hidden in the city. I still think RDR is my favourite Rockstar game (if not my favourite game ever) but V comes a close second.

PS: much preferred Vice City to San Andreas.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:10 pm

My problem with GTA V was how the 3 characters were implemented( which is why i hope RDR2 doesn't have it that way) and how everything felt like it was building towards a heist which makes alot of the missions feel very filler.

Agreed on RDR being Rockstar's best game btw, i don't even think it's close either tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:38 am

Best script: IV
Best atmosphere: Vice City
Best delirium What a Face: San Andreas

i also disliked 3 characters in GTA V, only Trevor is worth it, the 2 others have no charisma
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:55 am

GTA III>>>>>>>
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 pm

I agree, lack of flow was one of the main problems with GTA V. But the city itself was very much alive, I loved those Strangers and Freaks side missions just popping while you were casually driving around the town.

GTA III was a gaming masterpiece for its time. The evolution from the top down camera of the earlier games to a truly 3D engine took the world by storm only for the whole experience to be topped less than a year later when Mafia was released.

And RDR is the one game in my life where I would voluntarily go and explore the world expecting nothing in return. Just going for a horse ride in that game for the sake of it to explore the beautiful visuals and sounds in one of the most immersive experiences I've had in gaming.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:53 pm

danyjr wrote:I agree, lack of flow was one of the main problems with GTA V. But the city itself was very much alive, I loved those Strangers and Freaks side missions just popping while you were casually driving around the town.

Agree with that, don't get me wrong it does a lot of things extremely well it just doesn't implement the key parts of the game with particularly great execution.

I don't blame them though, what they tried to achieve was incredibly ambitious.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:25 pm

IMHO if you try such things once in a while it is good. While it might not work 100% at least it is a breath of fresh air.

I prefer that approach to recycling the same "tried and tested" formula for every game (read Ubisoft).
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:05 pm

Hitman
Gothic
Call of Duty (MW2 mostly)
GTA
Assassins Creed
Read Dead Redemption
Witcher
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:14 pm

Wipeout :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:42 pm

RDR is my favorite

Most played online games would be Halo and Starcraft II probably, both of which I love

My childhood consisted primarily of Warcraft III and WoW though, Warcraft is absolutely the series that would best define my life of gaming.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:48 pm

WC3 is being severly underrated here.

Home of all MOBAs actually, it was there DotA was first created. I still think WC3 DotA is better than DotA 2
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:05 pm

nah DotA wasn't even the best WCIII moba >.>
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:34 pm

Footmen was but DotA has a legacy and a bigger franchise so I don't know what you're trying to argue about. DotA is clearly the succesful one
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 pm

WC3 custom games was the greatest online achievement of it's time tbh

Insanely fun, could spend hours playing, and did
CBarca
CBarca