juve_gigi
Luca
Kaladin
38 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2017/18 Calcio Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2017/18 Calcio Thread

Post by salmano9 Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:07 pm

I think that Roma will fail with EDF. I don't feel that he is the one to lead them. Roma are not Sassuolo. The players they bought so far are not convincing me. I think they need more than Naingollan and (Mahrez) to lead the team now that Salah is gone. Maybe thet got back Pelligrini, but he is Still young. Regarding Under, he is young and has the potential to be a great, but still lacking experience.

salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:29 pm

we have a four year grace period from FFP

eco smile
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm

Can someone add Titanic music to Kondogbia's own goal?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:21 pm

giovanni_milan wrote:we have a four year grace period from FFP

eco smile

why ?
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:23 pm

M99 wrote:Can someone add Titanic music to Kondogbia's own goal?

Kondogbia gets more hilarious every time. Can't believe this player had hype.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:37 am

salmano9 wrote:I think that Roma will fail with EDF. I don't feel that he is the one to lead them. Roma are not Sassuolo. The players they bought so far are not convincing me. I think they need more than Naingollan and (Mahrez) to lead the team now that Salah is gone. Maybe thet got back Pelligrini, but he is Still young. Regarding Under, he is young and has the potential to be a great, but still lacking experience.

Well the midfield is where we remain strongest. Pellegrini and Gonalons are good additions to an already great midfield. Keeping Nainggolan was absolutely crucial. The attack looks fine overall, but really needs a RW (Mahrez basically). Defrel can probably play there, but isn't as effective and will likely be vice-Dzeko.

With us, it's always the defense that's the worry. For the first time in a very long time, we're actually ok at LB. Kolarov will do a job there and then Emerson's return really provides depth and a new dynamic. It's RB that's the biggest question mark since EDF wants Florenzi further up the pitch. That leaves Peres, who just can't defend, with Karsdorp who is unproven as well as injured. Centrally, Manolas and Fazio are locks with Moreno and Rruan Jesus as a back ups, as well as back ups for LB until Emerson returns. Castan's the 5th defender, but may still go out on loan again. Fazio may struggle in this system as his lack of pace might get exposed so Jesus or Moreno may see more time.

As for the keepers, it's Alisson's spot to lose until it's not. Skorupski's a bonafide Serie A keeper and should start somewhere, but if Alisson doesn't work out, it's good to know he's there to pick things up. Lobont will probably not see a single minute again unless something really Roma happens.

All in all, losing Salah, Paredes, Rui, Ruediger and Szczesny definitely hurt the squad. Only Szczesny, Rui and Paredes were losses that we can absolutely withstand with the players who have replaced them. Ruediger and Salah's losses are much more difficult to replace. Mahrez can do that for Salah, but it remains to be seen if either Moreno, Castan or Jesus can step up in Rudiger's absence.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:57 pm

I don't think he will get again the pitch , we have even signed Vecino from Fiorentina because we want to improve our possession
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:57 pm

Why don't Inter sell him then ? Surely that is the better option when the other is perma-bench ? Obviously it did not work out as they hoped. Surely Inter could still make some good money from him , no ?

Tbh if i was Kondogbia and Vecino benched me , i'd ask to leave immediately , probably for some club in the Premier League
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:06 pm

McLewis wrote:
salmano9 wrote:I think that Roma will fail with EDF. I don't feel that he is the one to lead them. Roma are not Sassuolo. The players they bought so far are not convincing me. I think they need more than Naingollan and (Mahrez) to lead the team now that Salah is gone. Maybe thet got back Pelligrini, but he is Still young. Regarding Under, he is young and has the potential to be a great, but still lacking experience.

Well the midfield is where we remain strongest. Pellegrini and Gonalons are good additions to an already great midfield. Keeping Nainggolan was absolutely crucial. The attack looks fine overall, but really needs a RW (Mahrez basically). Defrel can probably play there, but isn't as effective and will likely be vice-Dzeko.

With us, it's always the defense that's the worry. For the first time in a very long time, we're actually ok at LB. Kolarov will do a job there and then Emerson's return really provides depth and a new dynamic. It's RB that's the biggest question mark since EDF wants Florenzi further up the pitch. That leaves Peres, who just can't defend, with Karsdorp who is unproven as well as injured. Centrally, Manolas and Fazio are locks with Moreno and Rruan Jesus as a back ups, as well as back ups for LB until Emerson returns. Castan's the 5th defender, but may still go out on loan again. Fazio may struggle in this system as his lack of pace might get exposed so Jesus or Moreno may see more time.

As for the keepers, it's Alisson's spot to lose until it's not. Skorupski's a bonafide Serie A keeper and should start somewhere, but if Alisson doesn't work out, it's good to know he's there to pick things up. Lobont will probably not see a single minute again unless something really Roma happens.

All in all, losing Salah, Paredes, Rui, Ruediger and Szczesny definitely hurt the squad. Only Szczesny, Rui and Paredes were losses that we can absolutely withstand with the players who have replaced them. Ruediger and Salah's losses are much more difficult to replace. Mahrez can do that for Salah, but it remains to be seen if either Moreno, Castan or Jesus can step up in Rudiger's absence.

I still feel like Roma are not progressing much since Garcia's days. The team doesn't have many world class players. The players they get every year do not improve the team much, and they keep losing an important piece every year which makes it worse. Pjanic last year, Salah and Rudiger this year. The good thing about last season is that Dzeko exploded and this was the mark of their season imo. Roma need to buy some star players instead of adding players who will only add depth (i.e Defrel). So bringing a new coach with less experience than Spalletti will not make Roma Scudetto contenders imo.

Cengiz is a good step forward though. I haven't seen much of him before I wrote that post, but after watching some videos on him, he does impress me. Hopefully he would be able to do what he does best in Serie A.

I think that Napoli are doing a good job keeping their players this season and buying some depth, promising players like Ounas. Sarri has a lot of options upfront with Mertens form and Milik coming bacl from his injury. Insigne is growing into a really strong player too.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:11 pm

Vecino is a LOT better than Kondogbia. The only thing Kondogbia needs to be asking is who he should thank for the fact that Brozovic didn't permabench him.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:19 pm

Well chances are he will certainly prove to be better than Kondogbia in Spalleti's Inter . In any case , i never said otherwise , not that i know much about Vecino tbh , just saying i think it's safe to assume Kondogbia won't like this turn of events , that's for sure

I think Inter should sell him , he doesn't seem to fit in
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:05 pm

Kondogbia doesn't fit in a Serie A top squad, just like Mario Lemina. 2 guys that would have success in PL/Ligue 1, where good physical attributes can compensate for a low football IQ.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:23 am

salmano9 wrote:
McLewis wrote:

I still feel like Roma are not progressing much since Garcia's days. The team doesn't have many world class players. The players they get every year do not improve the team much, and they keep losing an important piece every year which makes it worse. Pjanic last year, Salah and Rudiger this year. The good thing about last season is that Dzeko exploded and this was the mark of their season imo. Roma need to buy some star players instead of adding players who will only add depth (i.e Defrel). So bringing a new coach with less experience than Spalletti will not make Roma Scudetto contenders imo.

Cengiz is a good step forward though. I haven't seen much of him before I wrote that post, but after watching some videos on him, he does impress me. Hopefully he would be able to do what he does best in Serie A.

I think that Napoli are doing a good job keeping their players this season and buying some depth, promising players like Ounas. Sarri has a lot of options upfront with Mertens form and Milik coming bacl from his injury. Insigne is growing into a really strong player too.

Yeah this type of turnover will continue to happen for 3 major reasons: Lack of a stadium, no shirt sponsor and FFP. All of this means we simply lack the money to pay these players high enough salaries to keep them here so we can fend off other clubs who want them. We are quite fortunate to hold onto Manolas, who will almost certainly leave next summer. Nainggolan is one of the few players we get each cycle that "gets it" from a Roma perspective so that's why he stayed. Dzeko's explosion was unexpected of course, but it remains to be seen what he can do without Salah to feed him service. That's why getting Mahrez is key as he's not just a winger, but a playmaker as well. Dzeko needs that.

I certainly agree on Napoli. They are perhaps closer to Juve than we are. Not making many moves this summer was in itself a statement of intent from Napoli.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:18 am

My secret dream is to see Ninja wearing Juve's jersey in a double pivot with Pjanic, and Dybala as trequartista, but that's never gonna happen.

It's possible that he stays at Roma for a long time, maybe the whole peak of his career. He seems very dedicated to the city, fans and team. A city like Rome and its main football club AS Roma deserves nothing less, to be honest.

I know he hates Juventus from the depths of his soul, said it multiple times, yet, i'm still extremely happy to have him in our league. WORLD CLASS player. The exact type of player i wish i could become when i was young and still dreaming, generational box to box ala prime Gerrard.

Imagine this guy at Juve, Barca, Man Utd, maybe even Real Madrid... how much he would take them to another level ffs
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:25 am

I think that ship has sailed a long time ago, he's 30 and just signed a contract extension.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:36 am

Yes but i drank tonight
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Nainggolan is a G Laughing
https://www.facebook.com/ItalianFootballTV/videos/1969319453280414/
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:55 pm

Nainggolan what a legend ffs rofl
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:27 pm

The 2017/18 Calcio Thread - Page 2 Serie_10
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:18 pm

McLewis wrote:
salmano9 wrote:
McLewis wrote:

Yeah this type of turnover will continue to happen for 3 major reasons: Lack of a stadium, no shirt sponsor and FFP. All of this means we simply lack the money to pay these players high enough salaries to keep them here so we can fend off other clubs who want them. We are quite fortunate to hold onto Manolas, who will almost certainly leave next summer. Nainggolan is one of the few players we get each cycle that "gets it" from a Roma perspective so that's why he stayed. Dzeko's explosion was unexpected of course, but it remains to be seen what he can do without Salah to feed him service. That's why getting Mahrez is key as he's not just a winger, but a playmaker as well. Dzeko needs that.

I certainly agree on Napoli. They are perhaps closer to Juve than we are. Not making many moves this summer was in itself a statement of intent from Napoli.

The thing that I don't understand is that how is everyone is still considering Roma as one of the main contenders for the scudetto? I still think that Napoli would do much better and have better chance. Maybe the only logicial reason to think that Roma would have a chance to win the league is that they finished 2nd last season.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:28 pm

Roma finished 4 points behind us. They were too close last time. If they can keep that pace then they can win, as can we. It'll be Juve, Roma and Napoli fighting for it again.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:49 pm

Roma finished 4 points behind us with Salah, the best Dzeko since Wolfsburg and most importantly Spaletti.

However, I like their signings this summer and Di Francesco could do well, how do Roma fans feel about their team?

This will be a great season. Every team except Napoli have strengthened, and Napoli is still great. This will be the best season post calciopoli for Serie A in my opinion.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:23 pm

I think Napoli's strength is in the fact that all their younger players have 1 more year of experience. Insigne, Hysaj, Ghoulam, Koulibaly, Diawara, Zielinski, Milik and Rog all benefit from getting closer to their prime.

They will be super dangerous. This year they won't have that post-Higuain hangover where they didn't know what to do. Its what made them miss out on the scudetto. The only question is Mertens form.

Roma and EDF I don't know. But until they show regression will assume that they will be just as strong.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:33 pm

Napoli have the best combinational play I've seen since Pep's Barca.

If Barca ever wanted someone to continue that model of football, Sarri is the guy. Even if we make it to the CL, I'd bin Montella for Sarri in a heartbeat, and I like Montella.

As for Napoli, I still think they lack the individual quality to win the league. Because of that, I see another Juve win.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:54 pm

I don't know. Cycles end and we are bound to lose at some point. If we don't lose this season then I expect to lose the next one without the old boys. If we are to lose, the team to beat us I think is Napoli, not Roma without Spalletti (unless EDF comes through big time).
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Aug 05, 2017 6:56 pm

Is that going to be a normal Juve kit that we're seeing against the Spurs?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next