RealGunner
Myesyats
halamadrid2
breva
nasir6371
35 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread

Post by Robespierre Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:50 am

neuro11 wrote:I still don't understand a few things.
For a VAR review, is it mandatory that the Referee must call VAR referee for checking?

or VAR can interfere and change a decision even if the referee does not call for a review

Can players ask for a VAR review?

Every situation is controled .

It happens sometimes a "silent check", I mean "refs on the monitor" look at episodes and they don't call to ref on pitch if it is not relevant.
If the episode is controversial, they contact the ref on pitch. The ref on pitch decides if it is in line with what he 's watched.
If there is not still clearence (or it is particularly controversial), he can go to watch the episode on the "monitor" ( not obliged to do it though)

Players can't call VAR review absolutely, but rather they could get even a yellow card for it.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Video Assistant Referee Thread

Post by nasir6371 Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:45 pm

VAR having a shit show with the women's world cup. GKer encroachment getting enforced even if it isn't obvious. Almost every saved penalty getting retaken Laughing

Incident starts at the 1min mark.

Spoiler:
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Implementation of VAR at the Womens World Cup has been pretty awful, honestly.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:31 pm

Desperately hope it isn't implemented like the way its being used in the Women's World cup.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:55 pm

Lmao judging VAR by Womens world cup

get back in the kitchen mate
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 am

The women's world cup has been so difficult to watch because of VAR. It makes no sense considering how much better it was implemented in the men's world cup a year ago. Did they learn nothing? Did they go backward?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:43 pm

Handling is such a fucking joke in this game right now. And VAR isn't helping at all, it's making it worse.

Completely natural hand position, an opposing player MISHITS their header into that hand instead of on goal (so, completely unexpected), and all of this is not from very far away (little to no time to react). Talking about the pen for Chelsea obviously

It's disgraceful. One step forward with VAR, two steps back with rule changes. Hilarious
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:08 am

Also did not penalise TerStegen for coming off the line blatantly for the Reus penalty

I don't know whether it checked the Coquelin tackle but that was a straight red for me

VAR is only as good as the referees using it
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:26 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Also did not penalise TerStegen for coming off the line blatantly for the Reus penalty

All keepers do that lol and refs rarely react, what you talking about

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:28 am

VAR no longer checks whether keepers are on the line after the Women's World Cup. It's down the ref's discretion when the pen is taken.

So the new rule won't make any difference now, because just as before, most refs won't notice or won't bother calling it.

The new handball rules are proving to be very punishing. Genuine accidents and unintentional handling are being punished with disallowed goals and penalties, which I think is harsh. In fact, I see it being changed again in March when they review the rules.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:56 pm

Serie A clubs ask governing body for on-field 'VAR challenges'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51502785

So something like how its done in tennis

thoughts?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:38 pm

I hope NOT, it'd be terrible imo.
Challenge can't work in football, it's another sport.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:45 pm

It's good. Refs ignore too many situations that should be thoroughly reviewed.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:20 am

I’m for the use of VAR, but the the whole system around how it’s being used currently, just seems highly inefficient and only something like a quarter of a step in the direction of fully technological officiating. It’s probably a good thing that robots aren’t making the calls, but it’s definitely not a good thing that human error and flawed communication between the on-field refs and the VAR room is still so prevailent.

What annoys me the most about VAR aside from the millimeter-precise offside calls, is that some refs seem reluctant to rely on VAR and tend to opt against using it where it would’ve been beneficial to do so, while others use it in situations where, instead of letting the play go on without any objections from either team, it disturbs the momentum of the match and creates an anti-climatic atmosphere. I don’t think the majority of people will ever be fully satisfied with VAR until they sort out the communication part, and the timing of it’s use.

Personally, I think only the limbs that are in contact with the ground should count towards an offside, and even then, an inch or two over the line should be allowed. They need to sort it out in the official game rules. I have to admit, it was funny the first one or two times matches were momentarily suspended to analyze how many millimeters someone’s strand of hair was across the line, but I struggle to take such decisions seriously. Might as well go full robot if that’s the kind of precision they’re going for.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7