Welcome our Chinese Overlords

+28
DeletedUser#1
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Lord Spencer
Firenze
donttreadonred
BarcaLearning
footyfan01
ExtremistEnigma
Luca
breva
Kaladin
marottalad
RealGunner
Valkyrja
zigra
julias
Adit
Warrior
BarrileteCosmico
futbol_bill
Nishankly
iftikhar
Katy Perry
rincon
Myesyats
DeviAngel
S
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty China!

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:03 am

Let's face it. With this kind of money thrown around, soon everyone will be going to China, not just those at the end of their career like Tevez or Oscar.

Chinese League to have all the best players in 10 years.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34025
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by S Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:38 am

Not sure how many teams Chinese Super League has but they're going to implement 3 + 1 rule as far as foreign players are concerned. The '1' refers to a foreign player within Asia.
So yeah, the potential is huge. They're probably going to mostly try to target the most established players from Europe. It's the next phase in their development.

Di Maria is next.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28470
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:41 am

I think they'll lose interest very fast and stop investing so much money. Europe will always remain the best destination for the players. PSG has been a household name in the past now they are strong and full of money and yet can't attract players like Bayern, RM, Barca etc can.

IT will be the same people will go there to retire just like they do in the MLS
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Myesyats Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:43 am

Yeah I remember reading an article a couple years back that Asia will dominate the market with their financial capabilities and it seems to be actually happening, step by step...

Already attracting young players like Oscar etc.

Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 17597
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 12

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by S Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:55 am

DeviAngel wrote:I think they'll lose interest very fast and stop investing so much money. Europe will always remain the best destination for the players. PSG has been a household name in the past now they are strong and full of money and yet can't attract players like Bayern, RM, Barca etc can.

IT will be the same people will go there to retire just like they do in the MLS


The reasons for losing interest would merely be for financial reasons and it's hard to say they'll lose interest when you have a market of 1.3 billion people taking China alone and ignoring other international markets. Some of these investments are government sponsored, not just by private entities. It's a dedicated programme aimed at developing the sport to another level and can't be compared to MLS or Qatar at all. It's already one step above it.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28470
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by rincon Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:58 pm

It will take a long time before anyone over here takes the Chinese league seriously as a top league. No one from top footballing countries is growing up dreaming to play in China. It will be decades of this before people from the west start watching games. People already don't watch a lot of south american football (except locals of course) and that's full of talent and history.

Any amount of Oscars can go there and it will still take a long time before the idea grows on people.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16291
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Katy Perry Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:07 pm

They're not just taking our best players, they're also taking Western football's greatest minds for coaches like Magath, AVB, Eriksson, Scolari, Fabio Cannavaro, Ciro Ferrara ffs
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1853
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 15

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by S Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:30 pm

rincon wrote:It will take a long time before anyone over here takes the Chinese league seriously as a top league. No one from top footballing countries is growing up dreaming to play in China. It will be decades of this before people from the west start watching games. People already don't watch a lot of south american football (except locals of course) and that's full of talent and history.

Any amount of Oscars can go there and it will still take a long time before the idea grows on people.


If the Chinese themselves take it seriously, then that alone is a step in the right direction. It doesn't need viewers from Venezuela or Colombia or some random European country for it be certified as a 'serious league' with all due respect. As long as the money is good, players would definitely give it a thought.

And the idea of a World Super League has already been touted and I won't be surprised we something like that in 5-10 years which would be an extra incentive to go play in China.

You can brush it off now but the potential is clearly there.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28470
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by rincon Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:36 pm

The potential is there, I said that, it will just take a very long time. And it absolutely needs viewers from europe, south america and africa, because that is were the best football comes out of. The next Messi and Ronaldo will 100% want to play in Barca, Madrid, etc. not in Shanghai. It takes years for changes in the sports culture to be reflected. China will need to improve its coaching and infrastructure at all levels to make it sustainable and grow good players, which takes a long time.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16291
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by S Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:42 pm

Chinese will never be able to challenge the cream of the crop in Europe, that much is clear, despite all their riches.

But if you gotta predict the landscape of football in say a decade, you have the Top 5 leagues of Europe and then you have the Chinese league which would've more star power by then.

This argument is not about the Chinese challenging Madrid and Barca. It's about the Chinese having a fairly competitive league which would've aided the growth of Chinese players and thereby improved their national football team's standing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28470
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Katy Perry Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:31 pm

They are on the same level as Qatar and MLS tho. They are just buying the leftovers of Western football regardless of their recent football results and present ability because they were internationally recognized once in their career, and vastly overpaying for it. They spent 100M on Oscar and Ramires who were literally reserves of our bench players at the moment they were sold, they have Graziano *bleep* Pellè on a 20M wage. They have Magath, AVB, Eriksson, Scolari, Fabio Cannavaro, Ciro Ferrara as their coaches.

Until they replace their current inept football advisors with guys like Marotta/Monchi/Sammer/etc, or get coveted and truly elite players/coaches, or young coaches and players that are extremely good and promising but not internationally recognized yet to truly improve the league and not just throw names in there, I won't see them as anything but a new Qatar with the same obtuse squad assemblement and long term planning that won't make any impact in world football.

Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1853
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 15

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:Shanghai Shenhua announce signing of Carlos Tevez on £615,000 per week
and he was so young Sad
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 9342
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 50

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:23 pm

S wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:I think they'll lose interest very fast and stop investing so much money. Europe will always remain the best destination for the players. PSG has been a household name in the past now they are strong and full of money and yet can't attract players like Bayern, RM, Barca etc can.

IT will be the same people will go there to retire just like they do in the MLS


The reasons for losing interest would merely be for financial reasons and it's hard to say they'll lose interest when you have a market of 1.3 billion people taking China alone and ignoring other international markets. Some of these investments are government sponsored, not just by private entities. It's a dedicated programme aimed at developing the sport to another level and can't be compared to MLS or Qatar at all. It's already one step above it.


I don't think financial reason but as time goes it will lose that WOW effect. They are signing finished players (so far) and that's why I think it will be something like the MLS (except Giovinco).
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by DeviAngel Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Katy Perry wrote:They are on the same level as Qatar and MLS tho. They are just buying the leftovers of Western football regardless of their recent football results and present ability because they were internationally recognized once in their career, and vastly overpaying for it. They spent 100M on Oscar and Ramires who were literally reserves of our bench players at the moment they were sold, they have Graziano *bleep* Pellè on a 20M wage. They have Magath, AVB, Eriksson, Scolari, Fabio Cannavaro, Ciro Ferrara as their coaches.

Until they replace their current inept football advisors with guys like Marotta/Monchi/Sammer/etc, or get coveted and truly elite players/coaches, or young coaches and players that are extremely good and promising but not internationally recognized yet to truly improve the league and not just throw names in there, I won't see them as anything but a new Qatar with the same obtuse squad assemblement and long term planning that won't make any impact in world football.



Thumbs up
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 21304
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 122

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:49 pm

With the money present I don't see why China wouldnt be able to, in this century, challenge European super power clubs The next step is marketing. Kids in South America and Africa grow up wanting to play for the Madrid and Barcelonas because they are marketed everywhere. A kid growing up in Cameroon doesnt know Madrid from Shanghai. You have to market the places, not only the club. Have a kid think "I'd love to live in Shanghai and make a life for my family" make it prestigious.

Thye also need to have scouts out taking advantage of the situation. Kids in Argentina love tevez, then tevez should promoting academies in Argentina for Chinese scouts. Same with Paulinho and Oscar for Brazil since they are national team players. If I were a young footballer right now my first destination would be China. Thats the future.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Nishankly Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:25 pm

https://media.giphy.com/media/94EQmVHkveNck/giphy.gif
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20939
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by futbol_bill Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:51 pm

These same statements were made when the USA (MLS and before that whatever the USA predecessor was) started signing Pele, Beckambauer, Beckham, etc) and that was at least 15 years ago. And what is that league now?

It is a second rate leaque (successful nonnetheless) that offers good pre retirement money to aging stars. Never will these leagues be a threat to la liga, serie A, EPL, Bungleliga.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 6099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Guest Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:56 pm

futbol_bill wrote:These same statements were made when the USA (MLS and before that whatever the USA predecessor was) started signing Pele, Beckambauer, Beckham, etc) and that was at least 15 years ago. And what is that league now?

It is a second rate leaque (successful nonnetheless) that offers good pre retirement money to aging stars. Never will these leagues be a threat to la liga, serie A, EPL, Bungleliga.


The NASL was definitely on its way to being a top league. Other pro leagues in America, namely the NFL, colluded together to make sure it didnt succeed though. There are no obstacles like that in China.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:16 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's face it. With this kind of money thrown around, soon everyone will be going to China, not just those at the end of their career like Tevez or Oscar.

Chinese League to have all the best players in 10 years.


I disagree, there is a diminishing return to money. Is there really that much stuff you can do with 15 mil that you can't do with 10? Messi could've gone to PSG and make more there but why would he make the switch to a lower league?

If the chinese league were in the CL I'd say maybe, but noway without it. Top players want to compete for top titles, they want a legacy. Competing in a mickey mouse cup doesn't appeal to them.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27914
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Warrior Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Hey chinese folks !!

We have Hernanes who is available, please buy him What a Face
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8646
Join date : 2016-05-25

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:52 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's face it. With this kind of money thrown around, soon everyone will be going to China, not just those at the end of their career like Tevez or Oscar.

Chinese League to have all the best players in 10 years.


I disagree, there is a diminishing return to money. Is there really that much stuff you can do with 15 mil that you can't do with 10? Messi could've gone to PSG and make more there but why would he make the switch to a lower league?

If the chinese league were in the CL I'd say maybe, but noway without it. Top players want to compete for top titles, they want a legacy. Competing in a mickey mouse cup doesn't appeal to them.


There is nothing stopping Asia from being there, The viewership they can accumulate from China alone is enough to destroy PL club financially, Getting the good players into their leagues will only increase the market in more Asian countries and the world.

People switch because its not always about the competitiveness. You'd take a 10 time more paying job with 100 times the perks for the same work in an easier environment easily.

Oscar from being a nobody in Chelsea Football Club is going to be a VVIP in the most populous and one of the largest countries in the world. That's a pinnacle in his career and his family. They are going to be *bleep* huge rather being irrelevant in the current country or even Brazil. He's probably going to multiply his fan following into 10 times as well now.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20939
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Adit Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:59 am

The whole shit is artificial though. Government is funding these clubs knowing full well that they arent going to bring back these amounts. How long can they keep on giving money to these clubs ? The moment China hit the ceiling they will just sell off their players like Malaga CF. China is just marketing its strength, not really looking at it from a business perspective like the Europe does.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach
Posts : 9545
Join date : 2011-06-06

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:07 am

But this is the only way of them putting their foot down in the global world. Plus its a win-win situation for players.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 20939
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by S Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:51 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's face it. With this kind of money thrown around, soon everyone will be going to China, not just those at the end of their career like Tevez or Oscar.

Chinese League to have all the best players in 10 years.


I disagree, there is a diminishing return to money. Is there really that much stuff you can do with 15 mil that you can't do with 10? Messi could've gone to PSG and make more there but why would he make the switch to a lower league?

If the chinese league were in the CL I'd say maybe, but noway without it. Top players want to compete for top titles, they want a legacy. Competing in a mickey mouse cup doesn't appeal to them.


An idea of a World Super League has already been floated around as I've mentioned which would obviously involve Chinese teams. Wouldn't that be an incentive to go and play there ? Like it or not , in the next decade or so I could see Shanghai Vs Madrid or Guangzhou Evergrande Vs Barca featured pretty prominently.
As I said , first they need the Chinese population to treat it as a serious product , then comes the international marketing.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28470
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by julias Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:15 am

An idea being floated around and actually being in operation are very different.

There was talk of a European Super League to usurp the Champions League for like a decade and yet still nothing.

Even if a World Super League was agreed upon today you wouldn't see it actually happen for at least 5 - 10 years. A World Super League if it does happen is years off, possibly even decades off.

The Chinese Super League as a whole would have to get substantially better and keep improving for whatever period until said Super League.

Because at the end of the day no one wants to see 5 superstars and 6 just about professional level footballers fused together in an XI.

Guangzou Evergrande, Shanghai Shenhua, Shanghai SIPG all have max 5 decent players not even world stars and the rest are just random nobodies.

You would need at least 5 teams full of top stars to start making some international progress. The likes of Elkeson, Ricardo Goulart, Paulinho, Pelle, Jackson Martinez, Diego Tardelli are not moving any mountains any time soon.

With the money that have they are bound to attract some top players but to really make a dent they would need a stream of top, in their prime stars and a real marketing drive on the country and its football to start changing minds.

Like people have said before you're gonna need young future stars to want to dream of playing in China otherwise it's just another MLS/Qatar.
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 1121
Join date : 2011-06-12
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum