DeviAngel
S
Hapless_Hans
32 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by julias Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:15 am

An idea being floated around and actually being in operation are very different.

There was talk of a European Super League to usurp the Champions League for like a decade and yet still nothing.

Even if a World Super League was agreed upon today you wouldn't see it actually happen for at least 5 - 10 years. A World Super League if it does happen is years off, possibly even decades off.

The Chinese Super League as a whole would have to get substantially better and keep improving for whatever period until said Super League.

Because at the end of the day no one wants to see 5 superstars and 6 just about professional level footballers fused together in an XI.

Guangzou Evergrande, Shanghai Shenhua, Shanghai SIPG all have max 5 decent players not even world stars and the rest are just random nobodies.

You would need at least 5 teams full of top stars to start making some international progress. The likes of Elkeson, Ricardo Goulart, Paulinho, Pelle, Jackson Martinez, Diego Tardelli are not moving any mountains any time soon.

With the money that have they are bound to attract some top players but to really make a dent they would need a stream of top, in their prime stars and a real marketing drive on the country and its football to start changing minds.

Like people have said before you're gonna need young future stars to want to dream of playing in China otherwise it's just another MLS/Qatar.

julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:18 pm

julias wrote:
Because at the end of the day no one wants to see 5 superstars and 6 just about professional level footballers fused together in an XI.

It works for the NBA.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:21 pm

Nishankly wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

I disagree, there is a diminishing return to money. Is there really that much stuff you can do with 15 mil that you can't do with 10? Messi could've gone to PSG and make more there but why would he make the switch to a lower league?

If the chinese league were in the CL I'd say maybe, but noway without it. Top players want to compete for top titles, they want a legacy. Competing in a mickey mouse cup doesn't appeal to them.

There is nothing stopping Asia from being there, The viewership they can accumulate from China alone is enough to destroy PL club financially, Getting the good players into their leagues will only increase the market in more Asian countries and the world.

People switch because its not always about the competitiveness. You'd take a 10 time more paying job with 100 times the perks for the same work in an easier environment easily.

Oscar from being a nobody in Chelsea Football Club is going to be a VVIP in the most populous and one of the largest countries in the world. That's a pinnacle in his career and his family. They are going to be *bleep* huge rather being irrelevant in the current country or even Brazil. He's probably going to multiply his fan following into 10 times as well now.

There is no prestige in going to China. As long as China = going to a C league it will mean getting frozen out of the national team. As long as it means that, no one at their peak will go there.

Take Giovinco's case for instance, if he were playing like he has been for a lowly Serie A team instead of for the MLS he would have been called up for the NT. Instead he (rightly) hasn't, partially because most NTs don't actively scout their players in China/US/Qatar/Etc.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:38 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Nishankly wrote:

There is nothing stopping Asia from being there, The viewership they can accumulate from China alone is enough to destroy PL club financially, Getting the good players into their leagues will only increase the market in more Asian countries and the world.

People switch because its not always about the competitiveness. You'd take a 10 time more paying job with 100 times the perks for the same work in an easier environment easily.

Oscar from being a nobody in Chelsea Football Club is going to be a VVIP in the most populous and one of the largest countries in the world. That's a pinnacle in his career and his family. They are going to be *bleep* huge rather being irrelevant in the current country or even Brazil. He's probably going to multiply his fan following into 10 times as well now.

There is no prestige in going to China. As long as China = going to a C league it will mean getting frozen out of the national team. As long as it means that, no one at their peak will go there.

Take Giovinco's case for instance, if he were playing like he has been for a lowly Serie A team instead of for the MLS he would have been called up for the NT. Instead he (rightly) hasn't, partially because most NTs don't actively scout their players in China/US/Qatar/Etc.

Chinese based players star for the Brazilian national team now which is the #2 ranked team in the world right now according to FIFA.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:42 pm

That has more to do with Brazil's decline than anything else Smile
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That has more to do with Brazil's decline than anything else Smile

Is it though?

Number 2 in the world in Fifa rankings
Miles ahead of the rest of Conmebol in qualifying
The hottest nationality in terms of property in world football

I mean, outside the lack of another world cup in 14 years, Brazil's prestige is still pretty high

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:01 pm

Lmao most of the players in the current national team of brazil are total scrubs. Like norway level scrubs.

Now Oscar.. he's not even good enough to make it into the national team Laughing
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:06 pm

zigra wrote:Lmao most of the players in the current national team of brazil are total scrubs. Like norway level scrubs.

Now Oscar.. he's not even good enough to make it into the national team Laughing

Scrubs can win the world cup. I remember the last time Brazil took a bunch of superstars to the world cup(2006), they got embarrassed when they all wanted to party,go to church, or have psychotic episodes.

They aren't all that bad now either. A lot of young talent with the potential to be world class, with some players who already are.

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:32 pm

Only Neymar is world class tbh.

But yeah scrubs can win the world class though that wasn't really the point now, was it?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:01 pm

zigra wrote:Only Neymar is world class tbh.

But yeah scrubs can win the world class though that wasn't really the point now, was it?

I'd consider Marcelo world class too.

Coutinho was getting close to it before his recent injury.

Paulinho is a man in his prime now. His display against Argentina last month was one of the top 5 brazil performances ever imo

Back to top Go down

Welcome our Chinese Overlords - Page 2 Empty Welcome our Chinese Overlords

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:10 pm

In light of the recent huge $$$$ shower Chinese clubs are spraying erratically onto what were thought to be dead-end corridors in world football's transfer maze.... *cough* OSCAR *cough*, this could be the place to move the posts made in the Tevez thread about the possible rise of China as a football superpower.

Mods, I did half the job, i can't do the other half.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:14 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:In light of the recent huge $$$$ shower Chinese clubs are spraying erratically onto what were thought to be dead-end corridors in world football's transfer maze.... *cough* OSCAR *cough*, this could be the place to move the posts made in the Tevez thread about the possible rise of China as a football superpower.

Mods, I did half the job, i can't do the other half.

Dat shade tho.
Welcome our Chinese Overlords - Page 2 Giphy

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 pm

It has already been explained here, the players called for brazil are there because they played for Tite's Corinthians. Not for anything they have done in China.

Calling Paulinho's game top 5 for brazil ever is as biased as It gets. Cant be any blinder than that just to hype china.

Yes, i actually watched the games. Even just Neymar has plenty of better performances in the last 5 years. Top 5 brazilian performances ever... This disrespect :facepalm:
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

Paulinho is a man in his prime now. His display against Argentina last month was one of the top 5 brazil performances ever imo

I hope that was a joke lol
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:57 pm

rincon wrote:
It has already been explained here, the players called for brazil are there because they played for Tite's Corinthians. Not for anything they have done in China.

Calling Paulinho's game top 5 for brazil ever is as biased as It gets. Cant be any blinder than that just to hype china.

Yes, i actually watched the games. Even just Neymar has plenty of better performances in the last 5 years. Top 5 brazilian performances ever... This disrespect :facepalm:

Tite knows where his bread is buttered....Mainly in China.

Watch Oscar get a call up in 2017. I bet you.

julias wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I hope that was a joke lol

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

Please go home u drunk (:

(Marcelo and Couthinho are pretty good tbf, not wc though)
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:02 pm

zigra wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Please go home u drunk (:

(Marcelo and Couthinho are pretty good tbf, not wc though)

Could you name 5 left backs better than Marcelo right now?

He is pretty clearly a world class left back. He'd start for every premier league club right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Katy Perry Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:03 pm

This is not sustainable. Money is the only appeal they have and it's at an absurd amount right now, and thus teams will have to even increase the money to compete against each other and get their prefered player to play for them. Not to mention players (or better players' agents) are not fools, they see how nonchalantly chinese teams are throwing insane money and they will ask for more and more money.

I get it that chinese viewerbase is potentially very high and profitable on a marketing aspect, but they'll be mostly casual fans who will drop interest in a batter of an eye. Football is so dominant in the world because our great grand parents passed the passion to our grandparents, then our parents, than to us. It would take generations for chinese football to reach a respectable amount of dedicated fans and they'd have wasted an unthinkable amount of money by then.

I expect this to end once the ones influxing money realize how unprofitable and unsustainable this is.
Katy Perry
Katy Perry
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Don't even need 5 better fullbacks to not consider him world class.
Shit term anyway. You think a top 5 leftback is world class. I don't. It's not defined so whatever, everyone can call anyone world class. If for you there are 50 world class players than Marcelo is world class.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:07 pm

That being said it doesn't really matter if he's world class as we were talking about players from brazil playing in the chinese league and obviously he's not one of them. Brazil having a great left back doesn't tell us anything at all about Paulinho or Oscar.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:20 pm

zigra wrote:That being said it doesn't really matter if he's world class as we were talking about players from brazil playing in the chinese league and obviously he's not one of them. Brazil having a great left back doesn't tell us anything at all about Paulinho or Oscar.

I have a fact, and an opinion.

Fact-Paulinho, a chinese based player, bossed it against a very good Argentina side last month. A side which is currently, going by FIFA, the best national side on Earth.

Opinion-Oscar will receive a call up for Brazil in 2017 when he shows his skill in China. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Katy Perry wrote:This is not sustainable. Money is the only appeal they have and it's at an absurd amount right now, and thus teams will have to even increase the money to compete against each other and get their prefered player to play for them. Not to mention players (or better players' agents) are not fools, they see how nonchalantly chinese teams are throwing insane money and they will ask for more and more money.

I get it that chinese viewerbase is potentially very high and profitable on a marketing aspect, but they'll be mostly casual fans who will drop interest in a batter of an eye. Football is so dominant in the world because our great grand parents passed the passion to our grandparents, then our parents, than to us. It would take generations for chinese football to reach a respectable amount of dedicated fans and they'd have wasted an unthinkable amount of money by then.

I expect this to end once the ones influxing money realize how unprofitable and unsustainable this is.

Shanghai, and other cities, will be larger than some European nations by the end of this century. If Chinese football is able to get a quarter invested into seeing stars play they will have made a decent investment. The money will come afterwards.

TV rights
Merchandise
Scouting

Its all a part of the long game of investments. Also from what I know of Chinese History they have been playing football type of games for centuries. The culture is already there.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:44 pm

Katy Perry wrote:This is not sustainable. Money is the only appeal they have and it's at an absurd amount right now, and thus teams will have to even increase the money to compete against each other and get their prefered player to play for them. Not to mention players (or better players' agents) are not fools, they see how nonchalantly chinese teams are throwing insane money and they will ask for more and more money.

Na, Does not work no more, Marketing is what defines teams rather than local football nowadays.

I think you underestimate or even disrespect Chinese fans when talking about the viewership they've got more die hard fans compared to United having local fans. The Asian culture is as strong as the European culture if not stronger its easily more financially viable considering the magnitude of people who watch these games.

Also you need to know that a normal evening game in Europe would be 3-4am in China, Still China would outperform most countries on viewership.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:53 pm

FACTS https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1013926/Live/International-FIFA-World-Cup-2015-2017-Brazil-Argentina now THIS is a fact. Neymar BOSSING the game with a perfect 10/10 performance and Coutinho bringing that 8.5 home. Paulinho having the game of his life only managed an 8.1 so that deserves respect but also shows his general level imo.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:11 pm

Whoscored ratings are not facts.

Whoscored ratings is how Trump got elected.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:05 pm

^^^Gonna have to agree here. Those who scored people are compiled by random people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next