Tomwin Lannister
Kaladin
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Firenze
18 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:41 am

Yeah but she's now indirectly related to this Dean-Miz feud though and now that she slapped Miz maybe we could see more of her than just being an interviewer. I think she's legit involved in this storyline now.

And an AJ-Joe match without the championship imo is a waste.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 31 - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 31

Post by M99 Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:50 am

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:58 pm

I knew i shouldn't have believed it lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:02 pm

Just realised Elimination Chamber is before Mania and it's a Smackdown ppv. Is it the only ppv between Rumble and Mania ?

And I can already guess the 6 guys who are going to be in the Chamber match.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Assuming we go by JR's idea that Taker wins the title at Rumble, he also has to defend it in the Chamber PPV and then finally at Mania. Does he have it in him physically to wrestle 3 matches ?

A Cena Vs Taker match with the stipulation that says 'Career Vs Title' would be money but obviously the finish shouldn't be made too obvious. Cena has to screw Taker to make it a memorable Mania.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Speaking of entertainment, how amazing is Jack Gallagher? (He interferes in the 2nd video)

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Taker is not winning the Rumble IMO. Look at the writing & storyline of SD - So much better than RAW. They took out Nikki, gave the attacker storyline to Natalya & Carmella got to play the heel exposing Natalya.

Carmella is a fantastic mic worker & a great heel by women standards & she took Ellsworth under her wing. I think she will use her to win matches or further her storyline by promising special "favors". Great way to keep her relevant & serves Ellsworth well by keeping him out of the Main event.

Corbin is not great in the ring, physique & look wise isn't great. But he cut some good promos of Talking Smack which is the best part of SD & essentially a 20 minute program to build guys & further the storylines.

Loved the la luchadora bit with Becky, as a pure wrestler, Becky is possibly the best WWE has today (apart from Asuka in NXT). I hope she can carry Bliss' green as* to a top match.

Next week in SD we have -
WWE Title - Styles vs Ziggler vs Corbin
Tag titles - Wyatt vs American Alpha vs Usos vs Slater/Rhyno
Women - Bliss vs Becky

Plus we have the return of Cena & the IC storyline with Miz & Ambrose with Renee Young being used in the story.

SD has a very thin roster too & not many great names but you can see the writing & they are trying their best to put on a good product unlike the sh** show called RAW!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Someone from Raw is winning the Rumble IMO, mainly because Elimination Chamber is a SD PPV.

I suspect someone from Raw will win the Rumble and the Elimination Chamber will be used to decide the No 1 contender on the Smackdown side for Wrestlemania.

Also on Corbin, he's getting a lot better in the ring IMO. He's miles better than he was in NXT and his finisher is beautiful.

I agree on his promos on Talking Smack btw, would like to see some of those type of promos being more common place for him on Smackdown as his Smackdown promos so far haven't been as good IMO.

I'm enjoying his progress though, like with Strowman i initially disliked them but both are improving enough to where i want them pushed lol.

Also helps they are steadily progressing through the card instead of shoved down everyones throats like Reigns.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:31 pm

@footyfan, I dint have Taker winning the Rumble in my fantasy booking but rather him winning the belt from Styles at Rumble. If that does happen, then he'd have to defend it at the Elimination Chamber too and finally at Mania. So I'm just wondering if Taker has enough gas in the tank in what will be 3 physically exhausting matches.

I want to know one thing though. Has there ever been a non title elimination chamber match ? If so, you can have a #1 contender for the title chamber match and have Taker avoid the whole thing with Cena being the victor in that match of course.

I really really want to see Cena screw Taker out. I think that would be something to remember for a long time.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:35 pm

Surely they can heel Cena out now he's probably done as a full time rassler depending on his movie roles.

Also Strowman destroying Christmas on RAW was a GOAT segment rofl That was me as a kid when parents woke me up too early because they were more excited than I was.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:59 pm

Hollywood Cena gimmick would be cool tbh

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:07 pm

S wrote:

I want to know one thing though. Has there ever been a non title elimination chamber match ? If so, you can have a #1 contender for the title chamber match and have Taker avoid the whole thing with Cena being the victor in that match of course.

I really really want to see Cena screw Taker out. I think that would be something to remember for a long time.

Yes it's happened a few times actually, which is why I think it's happening. What better way to decide a no 1 contender if Raw guy wins the Rumble? Would be perfect imo.

Also agreed with RG, Hollywood Cena would be cool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:32 pm

Cena heel turn is coming but not in another 2 years. He will 40 this April, he has 5 more years atleast & WWE is struggling to build faces.

Ambrose will turn soon & WWE will be left with only Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Rollins, Reigns. Let us say they call up Nakamura & turn people like AJ & Orton face - It is still weak with injuries to handle the top card & lower card. There are 2 brands now. And we have an incredibly thin roster.

It is much harder to be popular & be cheered than hated. Creating a popular face is not easy & Cena is after a long while getting a good cheerful response (from loud mixed reactions).Also Reigns is not over & Rollins has just turned.

I am also not sure about the Hollywood Cena thing, he blasted the Rock for it, it would seem hypocritical. Also he has done a few TV shows here & there but he hasn't major successful movies, so I dont y he would go for the Hollywood Cena thing.

Reason I saw a heel turn maybe be coming in the future is that WWE seems to have settled without Cena, his drawing & merchandise power, they are doing okay ratings & are creating stars (maybe smaller stars but still).

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:42 pm

I don't think Cena will be around in 2 years time tbh. If you want to turn him heel , do it now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:45 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
S wrote:

Yes it's happened a few times actually, which is why I think it's happening. What better way to decide a no 1 contender if Raw guy wins the Rumble? Would be perfect imo.

Also agreed with RG, Hollywood Cena would be cool.

I see Finn Balor winning the Rumble. Just a hunch.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Heath Slater 7th in Rolling Stone's top 10 wrestlers of the year

not watched a single episode of Smackdown since it started personally, but adonbilivit.jpg
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:22 pm

I wouldn't go that far, but he has been really entertaining since the split tbh.

They didn't captilize as much as they should have done, but his whole " i need a job i have a million kids" gimmick was really entertaining in the lead up to them winning the tag titles.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:50 pm

If Cena turns heel, it would have to be something major and deep that makes him turn. Can't just be him coming out one week, turning on someone in a generic manner and then playing a bad guy. Wouldn't be believable imo. Especially after all he's said in his promos over the years.

He'd still follow his morals and principles, but things that he'd start doing would generally be classed as heel behaviour. Just need to find a way to get that point.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Think WWE needs to do a massive storyline that involves majority of the wrestlers. Like how it used to be back in the days. Like a faction v faction feud with interference and backstage brawls. Cena leading one faction while AJ leading another one and eventually Cena turns heal to betray his own faction.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:36 pm

I agree with MT on the not believable part, not sure i trust them either.

But we'll see where it goes, also RG why i think they might be very entertaining i can't see it.

The whole reason the attitude era had shit tonnes of factions was because of the ridiculous success of the NWO, they don't really do it anymore tbh.

I will say one thing they are doing again which is refreshing, which is stringing multiple feuds together in multiple segments through out the show. Pretty sure Miz was in 3 different segments last night.

Not sure why they ever went away from that tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:43 pm

I'll catch up to SD tonight.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:49 pm

S wrote:I don't think Cena will be around in 2 years time tbh. If you want to turn him heel , do it now.

A few months back, it was reported in multiple websites that Cena has a 5 year contract (new one) with big pay. The reporting mentioned status is as of 2016. And Cena or any WWE guy has to make up for injuries or film dates etc. The contract gets automatically extended for lost time. Ofcourse he could retire if he gets big movie deals!

But Cena in 2016 planned to be around for 5 more years. And there are no big faces for him to turn face against. That is one key criteria - What are the big money feuds available - Taker is retiring & old & Cena doesn't need to turn against him IMO!

Cena will have a 1-2 year solid heel run with many high profile feuds & they need to build up strong popular over faces for that!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by footyfan01 Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with MT on the not believable part, not sure i trust them either.

But we'll see where it goes, also RG why i think they might be very entertaining i can't see it.

The whole reason the attitude era had shit tonnes of factions was because of the ridiculous success of the NWO, they don't really do it anymore tbh.

I will say one thing they are doing again which is refreshing, which is stringing multiple feuds together in multiple segments through out the show. Pretty sure Miz was in 3 different segments last night.

Not sure why they ever went away from that tbh.

In the Attitude era they had a storyline for everyone even jobbers. Today in SD they are trying from everyone like Carmella to Natalya to Rhyno being given some story. They stopped doing it for years & it was X vs Y for the title. The big stories weren't there. I remember valets were a big thing - Hot women who couldn't wrestle but would be good in storylines- 2 guys fighting for them, abusive relationships & them turning one someone etc.

They have to significantly work on the writing & storyline. Ofcourse blood & sexuality (skin show) were two huge advantages for the AE for storylines. They also need to listen to crowd reactions rather than shoving Roman Reigns!

footyfan01
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:04 pm

Yep.

Writing and storylines are obviously the main issues. It's not a coincidence that after a Raw i feel like i want to hurt someone Laughing and after Smackdown i'm usually in a good mood.

It's why i continue to watch, the hope they might eventually improve. They never actually do but i live in hope because i'm stupid. rofl
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:10 pm

Cena being a heel on the B show which gets a 1.5 rating weekly, against far inferior talent compared to himself just doesn't seem that appealing.

His heel turn should coincide with the start of a new era. It's one of the all time greats turning.

Instead he'll turn in a generic manner, get a poverty WWE title run where he feuds with Styles, Ambrose etc on SD and that'll be that.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 pm

B show which is consistently better than the so called A show, inferior talent which consistently are more entertaining than the so called superior talent.

As if the rating means anything,besides it's still the highest thing on the USA network and consistently brings in more viewers than anything else and without it they'd be *bleep* which is why they pay the WWE so much money. ( you can continue to push this agenda that it's worse than before the split and not doing what they want it to but the facts tell a different story) It's terrible on both sides for a bunch of different reasons. One of them being that unless you are a show with legit buzz like Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Live Sports nobody actually watches anything live anymore.

Hell i don't watch it live very often and when i do it's on a ad filled stream so i doubt i'm counted as one of the viewers and i watch it every week.

Cena isn't going to turn heel lol, no need to be serious about it and none of what you said should impact any creative decision.

It's actually thinking like that is why they are in a rut creatively, thinking about the financial side instead of the creative side.

For years we got a creatively barren Cena ( and many others) because he sold merch and granted make a wish for millions of kids instead of what made sense creatively for an entertaining tv product.

All because of thinking just like that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next