Doc
M99
Firenze
matpol
40 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Who will advance to the quarter-finals?

UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]
UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli - Page 2 Vote_lcap50%UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli - Page 2 Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli

Post by Luca Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 1:27

Doc wrote:Maybe he doesn't like Napoli? Or likes Madrid way more than he likes Napoli?

Anyway, the other Doc needs to learn before one says doom and gloom, wait till the match actually finishes.

The reason I ask is it's a very Italian thing to cheer against other Italian teams in Europe, I just wanted to know if that is the reason. While I could never support Napoli, I'm neutral towards the outcome of this tie.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli - Page 2 Empty Re: UCL Last 16: Real Madrid vs Napoli

Post by breva Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 1:53

I mentioned this on another thread. Ray Hudson of Bein Sports and one of the hosts on the Football Show on Sirius predicted a 2-0 win for Napoli. He is very astute predictor and is big LIGA fan. He was a midfielder for Newcastle before going to the NASL and played for the Tampa Bay Rowdies. Was also a manager. He is a very astute student of the game. Who knows, Napoli might pull off a surprise.
breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 6:27

Doc wrote:Anyway, the other Doc needs to learn before one says doom and gloom, wait till the match actually finishes.

Sometimes, you don't have to wait until the end of the game to realize that your team is being led by the wrong person.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 6:49

Even if Napoli somehow win here, they'll definitely find a way to choke at San Paolo.
They bottled a 2 goal advantage against a shit Chelsea side with a stronger side 5 years back. (Inb4 somebody disagrees)
If Napoli win, it'll only be because Madrid were awful and were making mistakes all round.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 10:31

Come on @S , how in the world was that a stronger Napoli side?? this is a different caliber.

Did you forget Inler, Aronica, Dossena, Campagnaro, Maggio, Behrami, etc? Besides, that Napoli team actually beat Chelsea the San Paolo 3-1. If Napoli get a point at the Bernabeu, they WILL go through.

They must do everything possible to minimize the damage in Madrid, if the tie is alive for the return leg then it will be very complicated for Madrid.

Fully behind Napoli on this one, I think (and hope) it will be a great tie.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 11:03

rincon wrote:Come on @S , how in the world was that a stronger Napoli side?? this is a different caliber.

Did you forget Inler, Aronica, Dossena, Campagnaro, Maggio, Behrami, etc? Besides, that Napoli team actually beat Chelsea the San Paolo 3-1. If Napoli get a point at the Bernabeu, they WILL go through.

They must do everything possible to minimize the damage in Madrid, if the tie is alive for the return leg then it will be very complicated for Madrid.

Fully behind Napoli on this one, I think (and hope) it will be a great tie.

I agree about the difference  in squad quality but you are overrating this Napoli way too much.  Apart from Juventus, they barely have faced any strong teams in the last few years and they manage to lose to us regularly. We humbled this super duper Napoli this year despite having our own struggles in midfield. They also lost to Besiktas in their San Paolo fortress earlier this season.

It's one thing to outplay the likes of Milan, Pescara and Bologna but it's another thing to deliver the same level of performance against Real Madrid.  As I've mentioned they have a lot of inexperienced players in their squad and imo would struggle to hold their own against a CL juggernaut like Madrid. Even if they win, they will manage to choke in the return leg. If Inter or even Milan were playing this game, I'd actually have given them a bigger chance to go through over Napoli who have a provincial mentality inherent in them.

Hope they get thrashed 6-0. Would be mighty happy about that otherwise we would never hear the end of it from Italian media and Napoli fans in general.

Hala Madrid ! But don't assume I won't troll if u guys(Madrid fans) lose against them tho.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 12:13

I didn't say that I am fully behind Napoli as in I think they will win at the Bernabeu, I mean it as in I would love for them to win hmm

Besides rivalry hate, how does Napoli have a provincial mentality? its like the opposite, they are the one Italian club outside the big 3 that do not have a provincial mentality. They plan ahead, they win big games, they spend big.

They sold Quagliarella and signed Cavani. They sold Cavani and signed Higuain. They sold Higuain and improved their whole squad.

They went from Mazzarri to Benitez (don't like him, but he is high profile, see Madrid). From Benitez to Sarri. Always trying to improve.

They rejected all negotiations for Higuain and stood their ground. They rejected all bids for Koulibaly form Chelsea and co.

What is provincial about their mentality?

Besides, they lost to Besiktas when the team was lost and Milik got injured. Then they figured their shit out and beat Benfica away to win their group.

It just sounds wrong to hear a Juve say "Hala Madrid" but I guess we all prefer different teams.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 12:37

They have a small team mentality that is undeniable.

They celebrated *bleep* second place in front of their own fans. That's ridiculous.  

They celebrated Higuaín's capocannoniere like they won a scudetto.  

They always blame refs and Juve much for their own shortcomings much like Roma.  They always point at Juve's revenue, when they're unable to win anything significant. That's small time thinking for me.

And not sure why you upset at that Hala Madrid comment. Outside of Juve and Madrid's competitive rivalry, there is mutual respect and admiration from both sides. Much like Juve and United have had a very respectable friendly relationship over the years. And Juve with Bayern for that matter.

Juve and Napoli on the other hand have had a bitter rivalry  fueled by jealousy, hatred , victim complexes and you expect me to root for them because they playing Madrid ? Are you going to cheer for Inter and Milan when they play Madrid too ?

I hate most Italian teams. There is nothing wrong in rooting for Madrid against a rival. What's more wrong imo is a Juve fan hyping up Napoli and rooting for them especially when they've done jackshit in Europe. As you've said everyone have their preferences and I seem to have my own.

That last comment really annoyed me tbh. Dint expect this from you.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 12:48

And Napoli consistently sell their best players. You are now just starting to give excuses for them just like how BL fans do with Dortmund.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 12:59

Of course I wouldn't root for Inter, just like I wouldn't root for Fiorentina. Those are our most hated rivals, not Napoli.

Napoli has been a Juve rival for 4 years. Madrid has been Juve's european rival in its entire history.

10 years ago if you ask who our rivals in Italy were you don't get Napoli. 15 years ago? no. 20 years ago? no. Only when they had Maradona were they our rivals.

There was nothing friendly when we lost the CL final to Madrid or when we knocked them out before and after that.

Where you around when they signed Zidane, Cannavaro and Capello?

S wrote:They have a small team mentality that is undeniable.

How is that undeniable? because they celebrate their success? :facepalm:

Have some perspective. They've built a great platform for their team and they enjoy their success. If you can celebrate achievements then whats the point of football?

They don't have Juve's or Milan's or Inter's followings or budget. Getting second place is a high point for a team that has only won the league twice 30 years ago.

Its easy to follow a big club and disrespect smaller ones. They had more attendance in Serie C 10 years ago than most Serie A teams, its a great project. They signed the right players and managers for years and they got to the champions league in a knockout tie against Real Madrid.

"small team mentality" when all they do is improve themselves and shoot higher with every move Thumbs up
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:02

S wrote:And Napoli consistently sell their best players.  You are now just starting to give excuses for them just like how BL fans do with Dortmund.

I'll play this game.

You give me the list of the best players they sold in recent years and I'll reply with the list Juve sold. Let's see if you call their mentality small because of that.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:17

'Napoli has been Juve's rival for 4 years'

Go tell this to an Italian Juve or Napoli fan or in Turin or Naples.

The very essence of Juve-Napoli rivalry is the north vs south divide. The rivalry of course exploded when Maradona was playing for them but Neaoplitans and Napoli fans in general despise Juve and everything they stand for and it's the same at Juve's end.

We've had a great history with Real Madrid in Europe , with Manchester United in Europe. The entire mid-nineties was all about Juve-United cl rivalry. Yet outside of it , it has always been about respect between these teams.

Frankly i think you need some perspective. I'm talking down a team who always conspire against us, who always pour their vitriol of hate and jealousy in the media. And now you are lecturing me about how easy it is to follow a big club. Please dude. I respect what you gotta say but you are Italian and you cheer everything Italian be it football players , clubs or even ballboys. I follow one club and will of course hate our enemies. No need to take that moral high ground and use this as an argument about me talking down 'smaller' teams. I hate Napoli. End of.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:30

Yes, you hate Napoli. That's fine. Doesn't mean that what you were saying is true with their squad vs Chelsea being better, or them having a small mentality.

What is it that you hate about Napoli? that they don't roll over and die? that's exactly what I admire. It's the opposite of having a provincial mentality. If they played nice for us and just accepted defeat then they would be a proper provincial team.

No, I don't cheer everything Italian or every club in Serie A. I'm 100% sure you won't find a post of mine cheering Fiorentina or Inter in any serious context. Not Palermo either. Not even Genoa.

But I like football, and if I see a club that is well run, has ambition, and plays good football on top of that then why the hell lie about it?

Same reason I love Nainggolan. He hates us, he openly says the worst stuff about Juve, but it helps him compete and be the best as a Roma player. If them teams trying to catch us in Italy don't hate us then they are doing it wrong.

Juve sells players that want to leave and uses the money and opportunity to improve the squad and move closer to our objectives. What do you say is different about that compared to what Napoli does?

I can't approve of the strategy for my team and diss the other ones for doing the same.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:33

*bleep* Napoli
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:35

S wrote:'Napoli has been Juve's rival for 4 years'

The very essence of Juve-Napoli rivalry is the north vs south divide. The rivalry of course exploded when Maradona was playing for them but Neaoplitans and Napoli fans in general despise Juve and everything they stand for and it's the same at Juve's end.

I'm an Italian Juve fan, my uncles are Italian Napoli fans from Naples. I've told them. They've told me. so?

I was in Naples over new year's and I see all the posters and stuff about Higuain and Juve.

In the end, they've barely ever challenged us. Its why you don't find the same versions of these posters and graffiti in Turin. I'd find it strange for a Napoli fan to root for Juve, not for a Juve fan to root for Napoli. They look up, we don't look down.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:42

rincon wrote:Yes, you hate Napoli. That's fine. Doesn't mean that what you were saying is true with their squad vs Chelsea being better, or them having a small mentality.

What is it that you hate about Napoli? that they don't roll over and die? that's exactly what I admire. It's the opposite of having a provincial mentality. If they played nice for us and just accepted defeat then they would be a proper provincial team.

No, I don't cheer everything Italian or every club in Serie A. I'm 100% sure you won't find a post of mine cheering Fiorentina or Inter in any serious context. Not Palermo either. Not even Genoa.

But I like football, and if I see a club that is well run, has ambition, and plays good football on top of that then why the hell lie about it?

Same reason I love Nainggolan. He hates us, he openly says the worst stuff about Juve, but it helps him compete and be the best as a Roma player. If them teams trying to catch us in Italy don't hate us then they are doing it wrong.

Juve sells players that want to leave and uses the money and opportunity to improve the squad and move closer to our objectives. What do you say is different about that compared to what Napoli does?

I can't approve of the strategy for my team and diss the other ones for doing the same.

Agree. I despise Nainggolan as well btw.

Only difference is you're a good guy with a good heart and I'm a jerk imo. (:

Well I dint call them small time only because they sell players but for all the reasons I mentioned above.

They always have one eye on Juve's games and magnify every small ref decision that goes for Juve. Make media campaigns out of it.

Everyone at the club be it players or fans publicly bash Juve in the media incessantly.

They never acknowledge their shortcomings especially when in a title race. Either it will be refs or money that will always be blamed.

I don't like them or I call them small time because they're just too obsessed with us. If they want to grow in stature as a club, crying victim or campaigning against your rival won't earn them anything.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:46

rincon wrote:
S wrote:'Napoli has been Juve's rival for 4 years'

I'm an Italian Juve fan, my uncles are Italian Napoli fans from Naples. I've told them. They've told me. so?

I was in Naples over new year's and I see all the posters and stuff about Higuain and Juve.

In the end, they've barely ever challenged us. Its why you don't find the same versions of these posters and graffiti in Turin. I'd find it strange for a Napoli fan to root for Juve, not for a Juve fan to root for Napoli. They look up, we don't look down.

K man.

I don't like Napoli and I don't want to root for them. Let's just end this here ok ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 13:51

Yes of course, its just small stuff in the end. We both love Juve Thumbs up

--------------------

In match talk. I wonder if Diawara and Zielinski will play. Imo those 2 will fetch a LOT of money soon. I'm curious to see them against Madrid in the big stage. I think Diawara will prob start to defend better. Zielinski may not, maybe as a sub for some impact.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 14:46

Sugars being a proper rival fan and mad scientist Rincon being a typical Italia-Jjuve fan. Anyway, for Napoli to win, they are gonna have to flat out beat Madrid in Spain. Like a 2-0 scoreline. These guys, for all our nonsensical football, have a tendency of really rising to the occasion and know how to win European ties.

Would be a hell of a tie and I really can see some proper trolling debating from everyone.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun 12 Feb 2017 - 23:10

Luca wrote:
Robespierre wrote:The Napoli is unbeatable in their stadium that is a sort of South-American scenario
Real must win absolutely the 1st leg , and with a good result
( anyway I hope Real will pass)

Why do you hope Napoli loses?

Do you want a response with no hypocrisy ?
I want the best teams to go on because Juve is going to knock out Porto :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by NeganIsco Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 13:33

Albiol and Callejon will come for vengeance

NeganIsco
NeganIsco
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 15:24

I hope Napoli don't play scared and too conservative and we get to see dat free flowing attacking football
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 15:43

The word is this:

Ghoulam, Koulibaly, Albiol, Hysaj; Hamsik, X, Zielinski; Insigne, Mertens, Callejon

Zielinski playing is encouraging for a brave display. The "X" is either Jorginho or Diawara. Playmaking vs Defense. I think with Zielinski there and the game being at the Bernabeu it might be Diawara.

I'm still thinking Madrid got this. 3-1 or 2-1.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 15:45

both leak goals, just what we need in CL ... hoping for a 2-2
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 15:51

Not as confident of Madrid going through as I was when the draw was announced. Napoli are flying high at the moment and Madrid look woeful. This could come down to Madrid's experience and Napoli's choking tendencies deciding the tie.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon 13 Feb 2017 - 15:54

There is little to no chance Napoli will take this. The shortcoming comes through their mentality and not what they can incur. Within the Serie A they have the room for error and have used it openly as a loss from the opening of their highly attacking style is met with a subsequent devastating performance in the next round but also because their stakes are low comparatively to the top Serie A teams. Versus Madrid you will see a deer in the headlights gaze that will have them revert into the limbo that some inexperienced Italian attacking teams take that ranges between very defensive and suicidally offensive. Sarri as great as he is along with his squad have very little experience and as highly uninspiring, drab, dour and unmemorable Zidane's Madrid are; the latter do not wilt under pressure whilst Napoli have been known to do so in moments of pressure.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next