+4
Raptorgunner
Jay29
Sri
RealGunner
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Arsenal Vs Southampton [COC QF] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Southampton [COC QF]

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Attack is extremely disjointed. Iwobi looks good though

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Vs Southampton [COC QF] - Page 2 Empty Re: Arsenal Vs Southampton [COC QF]

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:47 pm

Didn't know Bertrand is 27(!). He's become a fantastic LB but maybe too late for a big team move.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:00 pm

I remember people were comparing Jenkinson to Debuchy earlier this season. On this evidence, Debuchy has a Jenkinson in both legs ffs rofl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Arguably one of the worst performance this season.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:18 pm

Glad that unbeaten streak nonsense is finally ending.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Ramsey with his shots from impossible angles Laughing

Gibbo is so average, hasn't improved one bit.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:40 pm

Disgusting performance lmao

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 pm

This is embarrassing. Wish I could just numb myself to it but I can't. I feel ashamed watching us play like this, especially knowing it won't just be a one-off.

Southampton made six changes and could have beat us by five or more goals. At the Emirates. It's not even the fault of the backline most of the time, but they have such shit protection in front of them.

Just looks at us ffs. Coquelin playing as an 8, Xhaka's making runs into the right channel, Iwobi moving over the right flank - just what is going on? No wonder our left hand side gets *bleep* every game. Our left sided player isn't even there. Southampton barely had to work at the back because we just packed the middle and hoped for the best. There's no plan of attack out there.

Nevermind the changes. If there was a system in place the changes wouldn't have such a profound effect.

A bad defeat was coming and this was it. The season's going on a predictable path again - out the cup early, runner-up in our CL group and a shit November to curtail our title attempt that'll probably be over in March.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:08 pm

"ElNennyM was sick before the game and I could see after 10 minutes that he wasn't right. He has no injury but he has a stomach problem"
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:16 pm

I am more concerned about the gap in quality between the first team and the second string. Our Depth isn't all that good to be honest, we are a couple of injuries from fielding the likes of Jenkinson, Gabriel and Gibbo who are very average.

I am struggling to see where Ramsey fits in our team at the moment. He is not good enough to play as a ten here and he is not disciplined in enough to play in a pair in midfield. His shots from impossible angles are irritating as well. Only positives tonights were Perez, Iwobi and maybe Holding. El Nenny needs to stop playing within himself, it's as if he refuses to make a forward pass Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:19 pm

Elneny had a bug, and Gabriel actually played well. I don't fault them for anything tonight.

Ramsey was awful, though. He makes poor decisions in the final third and plays selfishly.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:24 pm

Might be done with Ramsey.

Back to Team Wilshere

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Might be done with Ramsey.

Back to Team Wilshere

proper turn coat you. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:47 pm

Apart from Jack and Theo, the rest of the Brits are so average that it's painful to watch. Even the likes of Song and Denilson weren't this bad rofl
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:00 pm

Seems the case. Let's be honest, we have a pretty shit youth academy lol. Our best youth players are the ones we took from other clubs.

Iwobi has promise though so let's hope he continues his good career. Looked great today.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:13 am

Jay29 wrote: If there was a system in place the changes wouldn't have such a profound effect.

This.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:12 am

The thing about depth is, is that there are very few teams in the world who can make 10 changes to a team and look just as good. Depth isn't meant to be used in that way. It's meant to be used sparingly, where two or three players come into the team at a time when they're needed.

That's why I don't judge our depth based on these games. We're putting out players who haven't played much and haven't played much together. There's always going to be some below par performances in those instances.

In any case, the fact that Jenkinson was hauled off after 60 minutes and Debuchy played over him last weekend tells me his Arsenal career is done. I wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel played right back until Bellerin is fit again.

Also, Wenger admitted we could have played for another two hours and still not have scored, which is concerning. Our chance creation this past month has been very low.

Last edited by Jay29 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:18 am

Fact remains that we have not had even this level of depth in over 15 years.

Heck, we have much better depth than most other teams in Europe at this point.

Let's not shift blame away from the manager here, while he's clearly been failing all season, if not for years now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Gunner Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:14 am

A few points from my side:

1/ The tactics employed means there is no structure to the team. Even if it is the first team, we don't maintain any structure and it is only the individual brilliance of the first teamers such as Sanchez, Oezil and Koscielny that helps us win games. We seem to be confusing fluidity with lacking structure. Fluidity, I believe, is players swapping positions while still maintaining the requisite structure. The most basic would be to form passing triangles which ensures there are not much gaps, instead all our players seem to be doing is forming straight lines, ensuring there is zero penetration. This problem exists even in the first team.

2/ For all that depth we've been talking about, it didn't seem to show on the pitch. Not expecting us to wallop Soton, but I'd have expected us to put up a fight at least. Soton too had made a few changes but they seemed to have quality all around the pitch.

3/ Jenko is done. His crosses are worse than that of a new convert. Horribly bad. Please start a new thread for searching good RBs. At this point, I'll probably prefer Gabriel, Niles or even Chambo as RB.

4/ Gabriel and Holding can become good CBs, if given the right kind of training, IMO. Gabriel must improve his composure a lot.  

5/ Jeff needs to improve a lot if he wants to have a go at the first team. I know people are not gonna agree with me and feel this is harsh, but we frequently see people of his age showing much more composure and match awareness (Recce Oxford vs Arsenal comes to mind).

6/ Our youth academy sucks balls. There's hardly any genuinely exciting talent who's ready to play first team footy. The likes of Chelsea and Liverpool, seem to be having exciting talents ready to make the step up to the first team soon and yet we've no players who can genuinely step up and make a difference. Despite having state-of-the art facilities, emphasis on youth and a very recent youth setup rejig.

7/ Seems like AW has forbid Perez from shooting after he scored 2 vs. Forest. AW must've said Perez "Shooting is for pussies, passing makes you a real man". He never seems to want to shoot. Both the Cup games are a testament to this.

8/ Xhaka showed more attacking intent than Ramsey IMO. Ramsey doesn't seem to fit into any of the roles here. If he can improve his discipline he can probably play the role he played vs. PSG.

9/ Sorry for the long post. I was awake till wee hours to see this horrendous performance.

/rant

Da Gunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:52 pm

1.The tactics employed means there is no structure to the team. Even if it is the first team, we don't maintain any structure and it is only the individual brilliance of the first teamers such as Sanchez, Oezil and Koscielny that helps us win games. We seem to be confusing fluidity with lacking structure. Fluidity, I believe, is players swapping positions while still maintaining the requisite structure. The most basic would be to form passing triangles which ensures there are not much gaps, instead all our players seem to be doing is forming straight lines, ensuring there is zero penetration. This problem exists even in the first team.

Good point here. I actually took a few screenshots to demonstrate this.

Haven't done one of these in a while, but I have an unexpected amount of free time today. I've paid particular attention to the reactions of our players during these.

------------------------------------

Spoiler:

I can look at the 2nd half as well if people want me to.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Gunner Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:31 pm

Jay29 wrote:
1.The tactics employed means there is no structure to the team. Even if it is the first team, we don't maintain any structure and it is only the individual brilliance of the first teamers such as Sanchez, Oezil and Koscielny that helps us win games. We seem to be confusing fluidity with lacking structure. Fluidity, I believe, is players swapping positions while still maintaining the requisite structure. The most basic would be to form passing triangles which ensures there are not much gaps, instead all our players seem to be doing is forming straight lines, ensuring there is zero penetration. This problem exists even in the first team.

Good point here. I actually took a few screenshots to demonstrate this.

Haven't done one of these in a while, but I have an unexpected amount of free time today. I've paid particular attention to the reactions of our players during these.

------------------------------------

Spoiler:

I can look at the 2nd half as well if people want me to.

You've hit the nail on its head. This what my first point talks about. You don't even need screenies to realize this, it can be seen live. We so much instances of players questioning others about movement up front, ultimately exasperating and passing it sideways/back.

In all the screenies posted above, you can see had the vacant areas you'd marked been occupied by a player, we'd have those passing triangles. Every one of those situations, we should've created triangles.

I don't understand what's the idea of forming straight horinzontal/vertical lines, whereby you missout out on a passing lane and occupy someone else's as well.

Da Gunner
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum