windkick
rincon
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Steven Gerrard retires from football Empty Steven Gerrard retires from football

Post by rincon Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:27 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37972429

GOAT player. I'll let the Liverpool fans write better stuff than I could. Molenation
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Steven Gerrard retires from football Empty Re: Steven Gerrard retires from football

Post by windkick Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:23 pm

My favorite English player of all time.

Thank you for all the memories.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Steven Gerrard retires from football Empty Re: Steven Gerrard retires from football

Post by CBarca Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:24 pm

Hell of a player
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:24 pm

O Captain! My Captain!

A god amongst men. I'm so happy I lived to see his career. He's given me so many spine-chilling moments in my life. I've shared in the joy and sorrow with this man. Today I will shed some tears, proudly.

My favorite player of all time, Liverpool's GOAT, and a footballing icon.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:35 pm

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:51 pm

One of rival players that i always admired
PL Legend and Iconic midfielder that will be missed Molenation

Simply Steven Gerrard by MilanKakaBaros from Milan Kaka on Vimeo.

Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:04 pm

Legend :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:12 pm

good player, slightly overrated for majority of his career, although will always remember this moment

Steven Gerrard retires from football 3XsonMw

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:15 pm

You will, Similar to how most of us will only remember Giggs for *bleep* his brother's wife.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:27 pm

Firenze wrote:good player, slightly overrated for majority of his career, although will always remember this moment

Steven Gerrard retires from football 3XsonMw

he had way too many of these kinda gaffes imo. i remember he had one back pass to henry in the 06 season, he had another back pass to drogba that saw chelsea win the title in ancelotti's season there. then he had a late one to henry at euro 04 that saw david james foul him and cause a penalty in injury time of the game which zidane converted allowing france snatch all 3 points.

titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:36 pm

Nishankly wrote:You will, Similar to how most of us will only remember Giggs for *bleep* his brother's wife.

Did that really happen?

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:42 pm

Let's be honest, when a top player leaves his main league to go to the US/Middle East/China, it feels like they already retired
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Let's be honest, when a top player leaves his main league to go to the US/Middle East/China, it feels like they already retired

lol i was just going to type this. it felt like he was already retired after he left liverpool, so i kinda felt he got that farewell at that point
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:48 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Let's be honest, when a top player leaves his main league to go to the US/Middle East/China, it feels like they already retired

I wouldnt be too sure about that. Paulinho plays in China now and he looks a new player. Good form over there, and was absolutely amazing against you guys last international break.

The chinese league, with its money, is much more serious than the MLS now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:21 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Nishankly wrote:You will, Similar to how most of us will only remember Giggs for *bleep* his brother's wife.

Did that really happen?

yea for 8 years.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:05 pm

Poor man's Lampard
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:26 pm

Nishankly wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Did that really happen?

yea for 8 years.

All the women you can get as a footballer and you go after your brother's wife? Thats unforgivable.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:50 pm

One of the best footballers of all time, a force of nature in his prime and the main act of the one of the greatest football games ever.

PS: and better than Scholes.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:46 pm

Ok, so how about we all appreciate Stevie G, instead of comparing him or degrading him?

He was a PL legend, the greatest rival, and a joy to watch. Enjoy your retirement, Stevie.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:49 pm

One of the greatest footballers of our time without a doubt. We are lucky to see his career while growing up. He scored more goals than most strikers lmao. But even as a leader and just a player he is a PL legend at that.

Hopefully he is around as a coach or something.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:25 am

Roma skipper Francesco Totti.

“Steven Gerrard would be the captain of my World XI dream team.

“Would I have liked to play alongside him? I think anyone would love to play with players of that calibre.

“He’s a terrific player; he’s a match-winner, so I think he’s a player any club in the world would want.

“Gerrard is a complete player because he can play in every position and can do everything with a football at any time in a game. He’s a player who scores goals, who builds the play, he’s a sensational player.

“I think people all over the world know that Gerrard has been a Liverpool legend. He’s spent many years playing for one team and has always fought for that club. He should be respected and thanked for everything he’s achieved.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:26 am

Ex-Italy and AC Milan great Paolo Maldini

“I think Steven has been and is an absolutely complete player, because he had personality, technique, he could set the play and also defend, and he could score goals – penalty-kicks, free-kicks. So really a modern, complete player.

“I have a very clear memory of the final we lost in Istanbul, when he was helping his team-mates with difficulties in defence.

“He started playing at the back and tackled every single player of Milan.

“It was a very special game during which we actually dominated Liverpool for 110 minutes out of 120.

“But I must say that what probably made the difference was his example for all his team-mates.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:27 am

Former AC Milan and current Orlando City midfielder Kaka.

“An excellent player, in my opinion he is a modern player because he is a player who runs, marks, knows how to pass, cross, score goals and he is a leader on the field for Liverpool.

“He’s a player I would like to have in my team. I am a huge fan. He has the heart of a lion and is the icon of the modern footballer with his ability to attack and defend so well.

“There were two Champions League finals against Steven Gerrard and we won one each. See you soon in MLS.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:28 am

Italy and Roma midfielder Daniele de Rossi.

Gerrard has been my idol for 10 years and is one of the best players in the world. He is the example of what all midfield players aspire to.”

“I remember in the Champions League final comeback by Liverpool against AC Milan, you saw him up front, on the wings, and a moment later he was back, marking the playmaker.

“I have never seen such a complete midfielder.”
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:28 am

Brazilian legend Ronaldinho.

“For me, in the position he plays, he is one of the very best in the world. For the job he performs, for me he is one of the greatest.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next