Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Winter is Coming
McAgger
CBarca
61 posters

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 - Page 18 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:20 pm

nobody knows why except Mourinho

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 - Page 18 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3

Post by Firenze Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:25 pm

as I saw pointed out on Redcafe, the media is hammering Rooney now too when in the past they rarely have. Won't be long now until he's relegated to cup games and europa. Gotta believe Sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:Palace 4-0 Stoke

Stoke for relegation? or will Shaqiri save them?

Easier Arnautovic than Shaqiri ... Arnautovic is their most constant player, Shaqiri is just highglithts.

Involution is the exact term to describe the Stoke City.
They don't look like even as the old Stoke City, a tough team expecially to not concede and you can notice it from their conceded goals . Today conceded the first 2 goals on set pieces, their strengthness.
Then ok  the attack looks is  useless but they miss of old identity mainly. When it happens, you need of changing manager.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:28 pm

Art Morte wrote:What do people reckon is actually United's best XI and the formation? hmm

As I said in another thread, for me Mourinho should convert on daimond.
When he became our manager in 2008-2009 , at the beginning of season we played with 4-3-3 but we sucked because of Quaresma and Mancini .. then gone back to daimond.
Ibrahimovic is a beast with this system :coffee: and expecially,it looks like ideal for United team
Pogba is great as "B2B", not as DM :facepalm:

imo

De Gea
Valencia Baily Smalling Shaw
Herrera Schneiderlin Pogba
Mkhitaryan
Rashford Ibrahimovic
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:47 pm

Only reason i'm skeptical of a diamond is because it very rarely works in England.

Only one i can really think of was Liverpool and that team included Luis *bleep* Suarez.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Mou has had a hard on for two-pivot formations ever since his Inter days.

Now, it does not mean it couldn't work with the right players. But with those tactical choices, dear God :facepalm:

I don't see why a diamond would fail in the PL, unless managers think they really would leave their flanks exposed. Considering fullback quality these past few years, maybe that's the reason.

I'd go for a 4-3-3 if I were Mou. You need some control in nowadays' games. Even Ferguson could pull it off with frakking Carrick. Now that you have Pogba, Scheiderlin, Herrera... you can pull it off. I am still at doubt at what Mou's gameplans are. And it sure looks like the players are, too.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:12 pm

Sushi Master wrote:
I don't see why a diamond would fail in the PL, unless managers think they really would leave their flanks exposed. Considering fullback quality these past few years, maybe that's the reason.

That's exactly why, this league more than any other is massively wing heavy and full of pace whores.

Playing a diamond in this division is basically asking please 2 v 1 my fullback again and again and spam my box with crosses.

It's ok in Italy where there's hardly any quality wide players and most teams don't play through their wings, which isn't the case here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:27 pm

El Gunner wrote:I disagree.

Only thing still saving Spurs is there good defensive set up, once the teams in the league find a formula to get around that they'll be looking like a mid-table team again.

One's already waiting

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 - Page 18 Tumblr_m3aojbJq5G1qfok7b
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:06 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Slimani at Leicester is better for him anyway, at Arsenal he would be most certainly warming the bench. Xhaka was signed in June and still hasn't started a game over Coquelin. Laughing

Manchester City have been the most impressive team so far and after that Liverpool. Man Utd, Spurs, Everton, Arsenal, Chelsea have been at a similar level below City and Liverpool.

Wenger :facepalm: also seen coelquin playing as high as Ozil vs psg. Wtf?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:19 am

Hahahaaahaahaahhahhahahahhh @ Mou

HAhahahhaahahahahhhahaahahahahaha @ Man U~!!

This is so enjoyable, pure pleasure to see, my two biggest hate suffering Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Man Mou has really gone to the sews Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy The Special One rofl rofl rofl rofl The Shitty One.

Love seeing all the past managers getting one back on him, he gave so many people shit when he was successful, what goes around comes around MOU! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh god, sorry but that was due Very Happy Mou still has time to fix it, but as shown at Chelsea, I dont think any of his players would do it for him after he throws them under the bus as many said when they dont perform. Unless they turn it around quickly, u cant help but help its another downward spiral again, that was be spectacular FAIL Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:43 am

Pogba should be given Rooney's role. He is wasted as DM.

United should go with something like this:

DDG
Valencia - Smalling - Bailly? - Shaw

-------Herrera - Schneiderlin

Mkhitarian/Mata---------Pogba ------- Martial

-------------Rashford

Ibra is clearly past it either.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:27 am

Pep getting praised for dominating the League after acquiring by far the most stacked squad in England & then spending nearly £200m to bolster it even further. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Joke coach. Will get exposed in Europe once again.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:26 am

The same stacked squad which finished 4th last year and most of this forum said wasn't good enough to win the league and needs a major overhaul and said he would finish 3rd or 4th?

Besides of the money he has spent most of them haven't played at all other than Stones, the large majority of the signings have hardly played and it's been mostly the same as last year.

So either the team was stacked last year and actually didn't need much to contend or Pep is doing a great job.... You decide which one it is.

Also he didn't spend anywhere near 200m, he spent big money on Sane and Stones (between 70-80m) but Gundogan, Bravo and Nolito cost around 45m combined.

But in any case I wouldn't say those signings constitutes a massive overhaul like most were saying was necessary.

At some point you are all going to have to accept you were wrong and stop making excuses every time it's proven you were wrong.

Let's not forget the constant flip flopping of first he's taking on another no challenge job, then PL will prove he's a fraud (which completely negates the idea of no challenge in the first place)  then now he's started with 8 wins in a row in all competitions with the team you all thought he'd struggle with in terms of repeating success now they are stacked again. rofl

I love the trolls on this forum because none of you are actually good at it, so easy to poke holes in your arguments when you constantly flip flop on your argument.

The lack of consistency makes it so damn easy.

Last edited by Great Leader Sprucenuce on Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:30 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The same stacked roster which finished 4th last year and most of this forum claimed wasn't good enough to win the league and needs a major overhaul and said he would finish 3rd or 4th?

Besides of the money he has spent most of them haven't played at all other than Stones, the large majority of the signings have hardly played and it's been mostly the same as last year.

So either the team was stacked last year and actually didn't need much to contend or Pep is doing a great job.... You decide which one it is.

Also he didn't spend anywhere near 200m, he spent big money on Sane and Stones (between 70-80m) but Gundogan, Bravo and Nolito cost around 45m combined.

But in any case I wouldn't say those signings constitutes a massive overhaul like most were saying was necessary.

At some point you are all going to have to accept you were wrong and stop making excuses every time it's proven you were wrong.

Let's not forget the constant flip flopping of first he's taking on another no challenge job, then PL will prove he's a fraud (which completely negates the idea of no challenge in the first place)  then now he's started with 8 wins in a row in all competitions with the team you all thought he'd struggle with in terms of repeating success now they are stacked again. rofl

I love the trolls on this forum because none of you are actually good at it, so easy to poke holes in your arguments when you constantly flip flop on your argument.

The lack of consistency makes it so damn easy.
why did you say roster.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by breva Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:32 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

That's exactly why, this league more than any other is massively wing heavy and full of pace whores.

Playing a diamond in this division is basically asking please 2 v 1 my fullback again and again and spam my box with crosses.

It's ok in Italy where there's hardly any quality wide players and most teams don't play through their wings, which isn't the case here.

"Italy where there's hardly any quality wide players"

hahahahahahahaha!

breva
breva
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:33 am

Because for some reason I thought Gil did lol, so thought it would make sense to use it in response.

Edited now though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:36 am

Gil wrote:Pep getting praised for dominating the League after acquiring by far the most stacked squad in England & then spending nearly £200m to bolster it even further. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Joke coach. Will get exposed in Europe once again.

Dominating ? Since when is winning your first 5 games called dominating ? The amount of hype he is getting at the moment for beating Mourinho in the 4th freaking round is laughable.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:38 am

"Same stacked squad that finished 4th". And Chelsea finished 10th, does that mean they have the 10th best squad in the League?

They *bleep* reached the CL Semis despite quitting on their coach after the Pep announcement ffs. It was an incredible squad, that started off last season just as well as this one.

The mental gymnastics some people go through to praise this guy. Laughing The only thing he deserves credit for is binning Hart, Yaya & all the other black players because they didn't fit his philosophy.

Again, if City outplay & beat Barcelona then I'll join in on the wankfest. Again, BEAT Barcelona not like the shitshow 2 seasons ago where he was praised for losing 3 nil. That'll deserve way more credit than winning a League that allowed Leicester to cruise to the title.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:57 am

I'm not actually praising him lol, you are discrediting him. There's quite the difference.

Besides most stacked squad is easy to say now, but everyone was singing a different tune before the season started.

When everyone was asked to predict who is going to win the league, i don't remember a single person other than me who predicted City. Laughing

In fact there was multiple people who thought they'd finish 3rd or 4th lmao, at some point you have to accept he's doing a good job.

Also just watch the games and ignore the results, his influence is quite obvious. Like i said most of the team that's been playing so far is the same as last year so what ever he spent is irrelevant so far.

Also there's a few differences to last year in terms of continuing this.... first of all most of those new signings have hardly played, Bravo is still acclimatizing, Gundogan has played one game and Sane has had sub bench appearances.

The other difference they will get better tactically as the season goes on, they have adapted faster than i imagined but they will clearly get better the more training sessions they undertake etc etc.

Anyone who thinks they are suddenly going to drop off massively to the point they are not even challenging for the league like last year are in for a rude awakening.

It's just funny no matter what he does, he always get's discredited. This is what i said before that he's held to a different standard than everyone else, no other manager is looked at like this. Any other manager gets his team to perform like this and he gets praised irrelevant of the players he has but nah not this manager.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:12 am

breva wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:

"Italy where there's hardly any quality wide players"

hahahahahahahaha!

There isn't. Salah, Candreva, Perisic, Niang, Mertens, Cuadrado, and Berrardi.

That isn't quality.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:21 am

Gil wrote:
The only thing he deserves credit for is binning Hart, Yaya & all the other black players because they didn't fit his philosophy.

Black like Fernandinho, Iheanacho, Sterling, Sane?

Are you really trying to say Pep's racist?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:23 am

Just a reminder guys, City have not won the league yet.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:28 am

free_cat wrote:
Gil wrote:
The only thing he deserves credit for is binning Hart, Yaya & all the other black players because they didn't fit his philosophy.

Black like Fernandinho, Iheanacho, Sterling, Sane?

Are you really trying to say Pep's racist?

Errr Dinho and Sane are not black...

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:32 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Just a reminder guys, City have not won the league yet.

I know they haven't, i expect they will but i know it's nowhere near over as it's September lol.

Still doesn't negate the hilariousness of City will finish 3rd or 4th though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:37 am

If Sterling is dark then so is Sane. Unless perception here is only by amount of darkness of skin which is a pretty shitty and uneducated way of grouping people.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:39 am

Both are black. I guess it's just a poor attempt to be funny hmm
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 29 ... 40  Next