Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Winter is Coming
McAgger
CBarca
61 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 Empty English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:11 pm

Thread 3

----------------
Stoke aren't that bad, they are right now due to an injury crisis.

However at full strength, they're not that good either. They're a midtable team.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:12 pm

Stoke is not that battling rainy cold night at Brittania type of team anymore. That team died a while ago. This new flair Stoke Laughing They got no chance at anything but midtable.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 Empty Re: English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:17 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Pep only one with 100% in the league while playing the mighty Stoke away and United at OT Proud

Pep is so lucky he doesn't play Klopp until matchday 19. Laughing Lmao at City trying to play possession football against us with Sagna and Clichy in the middle trying to keep the ball. Disaster written all over it.

In that case Klopp is quite unlucky, at that point Pep will have his team rolling and have Gundo/Kompany back, Bravo will have adjusted and Sane also.

But then again Klopp has been a thorn to post top sides.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:23 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Pep only one with 100% in the league while playing the mighty Stoke away and United at OT Proud

Pep is so lucky he doesn't play Klopp until matchday 19. Laughing Lmao at City trying to play possession football against us with Sagna and Clichy in the middle trying to keep the ball. Disaster written all over it.

You're so ridiculous sometimes Laughing

Besides he doesn't always have them play in the middle, he didn't against Man Yoo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:24 pm

You shouldn't worry about how City defenders deal with your pressing, rather worry about how Henderson, Clyne, Matip or Milner want to keep the ball longer than 2 seconds.
Because the game won't take place in City's half of the pitch hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:35 pm

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 IZP15Tn

Hazard has to be the biggest coward in this chelsea side. Spineless.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:35 pm

I wonder which Liverpool would show up against City since we are on that topic (for some reason). Surprised, well kinda, that McAgger would talk about disaster waiting to happen considering his own team can blow up at any given moment.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Don't really know what to make of Swansea
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:46 pm

That run of play still confuses me.

Did Hazard really skip out of a 1v1 because he thought he would get clattered? I initially thought he just messed up, but now looking at it, he does look like a complete and utter coward.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

Besides he doesn't always have them play in the middle, he didn't against Man Yoo.

You're even more ridiculous. According to you City are going to win all 38 games. Laughing

Remember when you said 'Absolutely no chance' Liverpool make top 4 in 13/14?

Remember when you said 'Absolutely no chance' Leicester make top 4 last season?

Those are ridiculous statements in September.

Klopp's record against Pep is 4 wins and 4 losses against an all time stacked Bayern. I think Klopp has Pep's number and Pep doesn't have Bayern's quality in this city side at the moment.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Dunno why he's getting all boasty anyway lol.

Big teams so far they have faced was Arsenal which they conceded 3 against and basically won due to a 10 minute blitz but outside of that wasn't overally impressive and do I need to mention who Arsenal played that day lmao.

Drew against Spurs, was great in the first half but even then were more dominant in not letting Spurs get out rather than amazing.

Spurs were much better in the 2nd half and deserved what they got. So I really don't see what's so amazing about those performances to start bragging and be so confident about.

Liverpool will be much better this year and anyone with a brain cell can see that, but I really don't see the justification for such confidence.

But it McAgger who goes from extremely positive to ridiculously negative and back again at the flip of a switch.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

You're even more ridiculous. According to you City are going to win all 38 games. Laughing

Remember when you said 'Absolutely no chance' Liverpool make top 4 in 13/14?

Remember when you said 'Absolutely no chance' Leicester make top 4 last season?

Those are ridiculous statements in September.

Leicester thing was an anamoly, you predicted before the season started they was going down like anyone else.

The rest are complete and utter lies, which to be frank makes you even more ridiculous than before so congratulations.

I do think City will win the league but at no stage did I say they are going to win every game and even said I thought they'd start slow.

And tbh me saying they are going to win the league is less ridiculous than lots of people on this forum saying they were going to finish 3rd or 4th and that the PL (despite its obvious lack in quality)  was supposed to be too big a challenge lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:54 pm

What is a lie?

The fact that you laugh at whoever says City might not win a certain game. You always predict them to win. Are you so daft to think that they won't lose a single game in 38? Laughing

The fact that you said Liverpool weren't gonna make top 4? Laughing Don't *bleep* with me here. We both know you did that season and had to eat your words at the end of the season.

Even if Leicester is an anomaly, you did say it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:57 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Mou clearly got rid of the wrong Belgium at Chelsea.
If one has the choice between "Eden" and "Thor", I know what I would chose in a competitive match. More power for the hammer! bounce
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:04 pm

Don't call me James wrote:What is a lie?

The fact that you laugh at whoever says City might not win a certain game. You always predict them to win. Are you so daft to think that they won't lose a single game in 38? Laughing

The fact that you said Liverpool weren't gonna make top 4? Laughing Don't *bleep* with me here. We both know you did that season and had to eat your words at the end of the season.

Even if Leicester is an anomaly, you did say it.

No I don't, I even said I wouldn't be surprised if Man Yoo won before this weekend because no Aguero etc.

The only thing I ever laughed at was the notion they'll finish 3rd or 4th and that this notion that the PL was supposed to be some super challenge despite the fact Leicester just won it lol.

Funny that btw considering when he signed for City he was called a Coward and never takes on challenges and when the season was approaching all of a sudden it was apparently a challenge lol.

I said I didn't think Liverpool would win the league, not top 4 which is also massive hindsight on your behalf because not many did lol.

Won't even respond to the Leicester thing because it's ridiculous.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:12 pm

Really funny how things change. During that time, said person was so head over heels into Brendan. Nowadays, pretty sure McAgger would piss on his dog as well as him I guess.

And in dearest Rupert's defense, he also got Madrid winning the UCL wrong as well (him and Hans to be exact). So it was a bad predicting year for him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:52 pm

How much is good Sigurdsson though
Always my first signing in FPL Proud
I wonder if he deserves better than Swansea , Spurs were a disaster when he was signed
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 am

Some players are only comfortable at a certain level. Above that level they flop.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:13 am

Mahrez has been unbelievably poor, it has to be said.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:29 am

Robespierre wrote:How much is good Sigurdsson though
I wonder if he deserves better than Swansea , Spurs were a disaster when he was signed

He wasn't a disaster for Spurs, he actually was alright. I kind of liked him, he just didn't put in the performances to keep a starting spot. He was a pretty decent option off the bench.

His best spot was behind the striker in the role that Van der Vaart was previously occupying, but AVB didn't really offer the same sort of freedom to that role that Van der Vaart was afforded, nor did he have the same offensive cast. More than anything though, when Siggy joined is when Bale decided to start becoming a world class player, and AVB was smart enough to give him the role that Siggy was occupying and offer him the freedom that VdV previously got, and Bale returned the favor.

Bale was simply better than Sigurdsson at his preferred position, and so Siggy had to go out on the left wing where he's not really a natural and he's also not the quickest, so he never got to reach his full potential. From that point on it was pretty clear that Siggy wasn't going to put in his best performances, so he went and became a bench player and eventually they agreed that it was best for him to leave to play elsewhere and for Spurs to catch some money for him. I liked him off the bench though.

tl;dr he was a victim of circumstance, of Bale becoming a monster and taking his position. It's true that he wasn't good enough for Spurs, but he wasn't bad, and it wasn't a disaster. I personally think he could move up from Swansea to the likes of Soton, West Ham, Leicester, Liverpool, or other 6th through 10th placed clubs.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:51 am

CBarca wrote:
Robespierre wrote:How much is good Sigurdsson though

He wasn't a disaster for Spurs, he actually was alright. I kind of liked him, he just didn't put in the performances to keep a starting spot. He was a pretty decent option off the bench.

His best spot was behind the striker in the role that Van der Vaart was previously occupying, but AVB didn't really offer the same sort of freedom to that role that Van der Vaart was afforded, nor did he have the same offensive cast. More than anything though, when Siggy joined is when Bale decided to start becoming a world class player, and AVB was smart enough to give him the role that Siggy was occupying and offer him the freedom that VdV previously got, and Bale returned the favor.

Bale was simply better than Sigurdsson at his preferred position, and so Siggy had to go out on the left wing where he's not really a natural and he's also not the quickest, so he never got to reach his full potential. From that point on it was pretty clear that Siggy wasn't going to put in his best performances, so he went and became a bench player and eventually they agreed that it was best for him to leave to play elsewhere and for Spurs to catch some money for him. I liked him off the bench though.

tl;dr he was a victim of circumstance, of Bale becoming a monster and taking his position. It's true that he wasn't good enough for Spurs, but he wasn't bad, and it wasn't a disaster. I personally think he could move up from Swansea to the likes of Soton, West Ham, Leicester, Liverpool, or other 6th through 10th placed clubs.

I know what you tried to do there. But this is such a BS Laughing Rodgers wanted to sign him at that time and that is all to it. But we all know Brenton had no eye for talent. So he would not have done any better. And speaking of current circumstances, he wont even make the bench if he was at Liverpool.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:55 am

lmao Sigurdson couldn't make the matchday squad at Liverpool.

He could at Spurs.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:26 am

I didn't say Sigurdsson was a disaster, I said Spurs were a disaster.
Players often don't give their best if the context is not proper. Just looking at Erik Lamela.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:31 pm

http://www.juventuz.com/images/smilies//market_15514_1390429635.gif
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:57 pm

English Premier League '16-'17 Discussion - Part 3 14329967_10154661219342573_382476856885426506_n

Try and come at my captain.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next