zigra
guest7
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
31 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 4 Empty Re: Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho

Post by Kaladin Sun May 14, 2017 11:47 pm

'Good - Lucky matrix' rofl

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 4 Empty Re: Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho

Post by Unique Sun May 14, 2017 11:48 pm

so according to frenzy ibra is the best striker in England. they have a great defence. pogba was the best MF player in the lge. Herrera is the 2nd best MF player in the lge. de gea is the best keeper in the lge. they play great football. so how comes they will finish 6th with 52 odd goals scored and only one away goal against the top 6 teams.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Mon May 15, 2017 12:19 am

because of goat goalkeeping ofcourse. we should get rid of goalkeepers alltogether to see true potential of teams really
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 15, 2017 12:24 am

Collblanc wrote:because of goat goalkeeping ofcourse. we should get rid of goalkeepers alltogether to see true potential of teams really
cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon May 15, 2017 1:05 am

Mourinho's had a class season to be honest. Two trophies + Europe most likely. Bailly & Pogba were also two huge signings.

Martial being complete trash, Mkhitaryan getting exposed in a better League & the Europa fixture congestion were his downfall in the League.

I suspect they'll go big in the summer. Two wingers, #10 & a left back.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 15, 2017 1:10 am

I miss main man Gil, the voice of reason. Needs to be more active in the future.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 15, 2017 1:33 am

Mkhitaryan played better than Pogba lol
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 15, 2017 9:00 am

M99 wrote:Mkhitaryan played better than Pogba lol

okay. Till now I thought you were saying stuff just to troll. But now I realized you aint. In what universe has Mkhitaryan's been better than Pogbah mate? His only good game's come against mediocre oppositions in the EL and in some 2 or 3 matches in the league. Eventhough I am willing to grant him a pass for the season owing to being new to the league and shit, doesnt take away the fact that he has been utter crap.
Pogba despite all the trashtalk and bashing from each and every corner has delivered more than decently for us. If he had better finishers in front of him, he would have had a much better tally in numbers at least (for non-MU's like you guys to see).

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon May 15, 2017 10:50 am

CBarca wrote:People really gonna sit here and say it's all roses if Man U win the EL?

How much money did they spend again? What brand of football are they playing, again?

If they win EL and qualify for CL he'll have saved himself from being sacked but it won't be that good of a first season. He will have had a similar season to Pep, and both will have underachieved. Difference is Pep is trying to revitalize and rejuvenate an aging squad which needs a rehaul and is in the process of doing so in style while Man U play the most disgusting and most boring football in the league.

Honestly if I were a United fan I would want Mou out regardless. Ferguson's team weren't the epitome of beautiful exciting football, but they were always decently fun to watch at worst. The stuff this season makes LvG's united look like pepcelona.

The stuff they played today was horrid and the scoreline flatters united. They should have conceded 4 or 5 at least while the fact that they scored deceives that I don't think Lloris made a single save. That, and a couple decent RB+B FIFA 17 shots from Martial were all they had, when they even managed to string enough passes together to get out of their own box.

United fans really aren't the same they used to be. Used to expect nothing but the best. Now I think Spurs fans have more ambition. They remind me of Arsenal fans but at least Arsenal fans are depressed about the way their team plays (and even so, play 100x better football than Man U). You can say I put too much emphasis on style, sure, but I watch football to be entertained, and I'd rather read through five pages of Firenze vs Unique talking about who is more shit between Pool and United than actually watch Mou's United.

What a disappointment.

:facepalm:
You see one match against the team you support and is assuming its been the same all season.
And comparing this season's football pre- Bournemouth game on March 5th to LvG's and SAF's final few seasons and labeling this as shite in comparison is disappointing dude.

Until that draw I mentioned against Bournemouth, it was attacking football we were playing. May be not to the extent a Guardiola or a Klopp team, but still compared to final 3 seasons, the difference was huge. Injuries and Mourinnho's ego of not trusting his fringe players even against smaller teams and overplaying the likes of Pogba and Ibra led to our doom and his eventual return to shit on stick football (in all matches I meant, until then he PTBed only in away games against big teams)

I am not defending Mourinho. I hate him like everyone else on here. But trying to big up LvG who was running the club down the drain with his defeatist attitude and piss poor signings and a football that was well.... (Heck the guy's cuckooness is unparalleled as there was even an incident of him yelling at Herrera for going forward and scoring a goal in a game against Everton Laughing )

As to the money United's spent. Its only this season we are buying(and selling) anything close to the actual value of players. Ofc since its United, we will pay 10-20% more than any other club in the world would. Our net spend is 115 m this season and we have strengthened in at least 3 (starting) positions. Past 3 seasons I believe its been something like 250-300m (dont know exact figures) How many of those players are still playing as regular starters, lemme ask?

Mourinho has been bad. No denying that. But LvG and Moyes were far worse.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Glory wrote:

okay. Till now I thought you were saying stuff just to troll. But now I realized you aint. In what universe has Mkhitaryan's been better than Pogbah mate? His only good game's come against mediocre oppositions in the EL and in some 2 or 3 matches in the league. Eventhough I am willing to grant him a pass for the season owing to being new to the league and shit, doesnt take away the fact that he has been utter crap.
Pogba despite all the trashtalk and bashing from each and every corner has delivered more than decently for us. If he had better finishers in front of him, he would have had a much better tally in numbers at least (for non-MU's like you guys to see).

Yeah, just proved to me he's clueless. Likely hasn't watched a second of us this season and is just parroting opinions he's read on goal.com

I honestly wouldn't be against selling Mkhi this summer, his overall play looks horrendous, flopped in every game besides like 5.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon May 15, 2017 1:08 pm

United have put all their eggs in the Europa League basket. Winning that gets them two trophies plus CL qualification, which represents a successful season no matter how bad their league form is. If they don't win it, it'll end up being a poor season.

Their biggest issue this year has been dropping points at home to scrubs. Stoke, Burnley, Arsenal, West Ham, Liverpool, Hull, Bournemouth, West Brom, Everton and Swansea have all gone to Old Trafford and come away with a point. United didn't score more than once in any of those games. Out of those teams, only two are acceptable to drop points to.

The issue for them is converting chances into goals. Lingard (1), Martial (4), Rashford (5), Mkhitaryan (4), Mata (6) and Rooney (5) have poor-to-mediocre goal returns in the league. This is actually the exact same problem Manchester City have (bar Aguero, City have no other player that has reached 10 or more league goals). With better finishing United are comfortably in a top four spot.

We've all joked about them signing Griezmann, but if that did happen there'd be a considerable boost in United's goalscoring (provided he's playing in the right system).

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 15, 2017 1:13 pm

I haven't watched much of Man Yoo and what i have has been in recent weeks with injury riddled squad.

But with what Jay describes i wouldn't be surprised if it's mainly a mentality problem, City for example smack of not having a winners mentality.

Where as Spurs and Chelsea quite obviously do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 15, 2017 1:29 pm

They need to overhaul the defense, get 1-2 new CB's, RB and LB, and none of that Valencia bs pls
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon May 15, 2017 2:42 pm

yeah let's get rid of a player that's emerged as the best RB in the league and been top 3-5 in that position in the world this season

utter clown

these Milan fangirls should stick to watching Mehrie A

that said Valencia is getting old so we should look for a replacement for once his form drops

a new LB is a must, Darmian's decent but not world class, Luke Shaw is a fat mess and will be at Newcastle next season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 15, 2017 2:59 pm

I'd take him tbh hmm

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 15, 2017 3:11 pm

Surprisingly, Valencia has been, for the most part, a stable (might go so far as to say "good") and consistent performer for Utd as RB.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 15, 2017 4:16 pm

Firenze wrote:
Glory wrote:

Yeah, just proved to me he's clueless. Likely hasn't watched a second of us this season and is just parroting opinions he's read on goal.com

I honestly wouldn't be against selling Mkhi this summer, his overall play looks horrendous, flopped in every game besides like 5.

His only good games came against EL and some games in the league. Come to think about it thats true.

Oh wait that also applies to Pogba too.

Mkhitaryan started badly but he scored decisive goals that won the team points and got them through to EL. If his and Pogba's price tags are switched ya all would be saying the opposite now. Stop defending because of their price tag.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 15, 2017 4:21 pm

As much as i dislike Mourinho, he has had a much better season than Fraudiola.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 15, 2017 4:24 pm

RealGunner wrote:As much as i dislike Mourinho, he has had a much better season than Fraudiola.

Unfair to Pep tbh. He is higher in the league and his team was not on EL. If they were swapped this Man Utd would crash out to Monaco and City would have easily beaten Celta, Anderlecht and would have been on the final.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 15, 2017 4:33 pm

Agreed. City could have cleared out the same EL path as United and United would probably have had a hard time getting out of the groups, and surely would have lost to Monaco.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon May 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Disagree RG tbh, if they don't get CL then agreed.

!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon May 15, 2017 10:08 pm

M99 wrote:
RealGunner wrote:As much as i dislike Mourinho, he has had a much better season than Fraudiola.

Unfair to Pep tbh. He is higher in the league and his team was not on EL. If they were swapped this Man Utd would crash out to Monaco and City would have easily beaten Celta, Anderlecht and would have been on the final.

If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

Let's see:
1. 3rd place, 0 trophies, playing in UCL next season
2. 6th place, 3 trophies, playing in UCL next season

I know what I'd pick.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Mon May 15, 2017 10:11 pm

When did United win 3 trophies and qualify for CL again?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon May 15, 2017 10:12 pm

Helmer wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Disagree RG tbh, if they don't get CL then agreed.

!

Jesus Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon May 15, 2017 10:28 pm

Can we stop this?

If United win EL they'll have won a trophy this season. The league cup is beyond a joke and what is the other one, a community shield?

The FA Cup is a trophy. Those are glorified friendlies/U21 games
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon May 15, 2017 10:29 pm

Firenze wrote:yeah let's get rid of a player that's emerged as the best RB in the league and been top 3-5 in that position in the world this season

utter clown

these Milan fangirls should stick to watching Mehrie A

that said Valencia is getting old so we should look for a replacement for once his form drops

a new LB is a must, Darmian's decent but not world class, Luke Shaw is a fat mess and will be at Newcastle next season

What about that Tuanzebe lad.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next