zigra
guest7
Firenze
Great Leader Sprucenuce
RealGunner
31 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 3 Empty Re: Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho

Post by CBarca Sun May 14, 2017 10:20 pm

People really gonna sit here and say it's all roses if Man U win the EL?

How much money did they spend again? What brand of football are they playing, again?

If they win EL and qualify for CL he'll have saved himself from being sacked but it won't be that good of a first season. He will have had a similar season to Pep, and both will have underachieved. Difference is Pep is trying to revitalize and rejuvenate an aging squad which needs a rehaul and is in the process of doing so in style while Man U play the most disgusting and most boring football in the league.

Honestly if I were a United fan I would want Mou out regardless. Ferguson's team weren't the epitome of beautiful exciting football, but they were always decently fun to watch at worst. The stuff this season makes LvG's united look like pepcelona.

The stuff they played today was horrid and the scoreline flatters united. They should have conceded 4 or 5 at least while the fact that they scored deceives that I don't think Lloris made a single save. That, and a couple decent RB+B FIFA 17 shots from Martial were all they had, when they even managed to string enough passes together to get out of their own box.

United fans really aren't the same they used to be. Used to expect nothing but the best. Now I think Spurs fans have more ambition. They remind me of Arsenal fans but at least Arsenal fans are depressed about the way their team plays (and even so, play 100x better football than Man U). You can say I put too much emphasis on style, sure, but I watch football to be entertained, and I'd rather read through five pages of Firenze vs Unique talking about who is more shit between Pool and United than actually watch Mou's United.

What a disappointment.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 3 Empty Re: Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 14, 2017 10:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:Mourinho; "The Premier League for us at this moment is just a group of matches we don't want to play."

Such disrespect.

He's being passive-aggressive against anything and anybody for no reason at all.
It's like he's really annoyed to have to be manager of this team having to play all those games. Like, normal league games and a couple of european games against the 12th of La Liga. It's apparently unbearable pain and labour, inhuman treatment.

The POS is completely eaten up by resentment and negativity.
Everyone feels it, without a doubt the players feel it too.

He'd finished, done.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun May 14, 2017 10:24 pm

Bashing or trolling Mourinho doesn't give you upvotes like Pep, so there's that.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 14, 2017 10:24 pm

CBarca wrote:People really gonna sit here and say it's all roses if Man U win the EL?

How much money did they spend again? What brand of football are they playing, again?

If they win EL and qualify for CL he'll have saved himself from being sacked but it won't be that good of a first season. He will have had a similar season to Pep, and both will have underachieved. Difference is Pep is trying to revitalize and rejuvenate an aging squad which needs a rehaul and is in the process of doing so in style while Man U play the most disgusting and most boring football in the league.

Honestly if I were a United fan I would want Mou out regardless. Ferguson's team weren't the epitome of beautiful exciting football, but they were always decently fun to watch at worst. The stuff this season makes LvG's united look like pepcelona.

The stuff they played today was horrid and the scoreline flatters united. They should have conceded 4 or 5 at least while the fact that they scored deceives that I don't think Lloris made a single save. That, and a couple decent RB+B FIFA 17 shots from Martial were all they had, when they even managed to string enough passes together to get out of their own box.

United fans really aren't the same they used to be. Used to expect nothing but the best. Now I think Spurs fans have more ambition. They remind me of Arsenal fans but at least Arsenal fans are depressed about the way their team plays (and even so, play 100x better football than Man U). You can say I put too much emphasis on style, sure, but I watch football to be entertained, and I'd rather read through five pages of Firenze vs Unique talking about who is more shit between Pool and United than actually watch Mou's United.

What a disappointment.
dude me handing frenzy his ass is the most entertaining thing you could ever see. Cool
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 14, 2017 10:26 pm

He has done a terrible job. Everything surrounding this Mou tenure has been poor, from his attitude to his football.

He has definitely done worse than Pep.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 14, 2017 10:29 pm

rincon wrote:He has done a terrible job. Everything surrounding this Mou tenure has been poor, from his attitude to his football.

He has definitely done worse than Pep.
he has won a trophy so fair play to him but as everyone can see he did it playing the worst football in the lge. people think I'm trolling when I say man u play the same football as fat sams palace but if you watch them both play you will see they are very much the same.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Sun May 14, 2017 10:31 pm

what can one man do against such superhuman goalkeeping though?
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 14, 2017 10:32 pm

I'm with you, the football is too poor and the results too insufficient. A 6th place finish has to be unacceptable, specially with such heavy investment, plus done with such terrible football AND after actually finishing 5th and 4th the previous seasons.

Everything about that is negative.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun May 14, 2017 10:33 pm

Except the treble.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 14, 2017 10:36 pm

worse than pep

3 trophies vs 0

pipe down lad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 14, 2017 10:37 pm

I will say one thing, if we fail to win Europa

I deserve to be crucified alongside Mou
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 14, 2017 10:38 pm

zigra wrote:what can one man do against such superhuman goalkeeping though?
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 14, 2017 10:39 pm

Pep is taking City to 3rd/4th and the CL knockouts. He still did poorly considering where City where before him, but its more than Mourinho can say.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun May 14, 2017 10:41 pm

Everyone knew this though.

Man United are run by a clueless PR clown who has to worry about glory hunting fans in panic mode.

The moment Pep joined City Utd were scrambling to get a big name manager to keep up with that, and Mou was the biggest name available

That the appointment was completely running counter the the famed 'groundwork' layed by van Gaal (and why else would you appoint van Gaal if not for the ground work) apparently was no problem.

They'll spend another 250m this summer only so that Griezmann can end up looking like a poor man's Welbeck and Varane can be bought for 100m to play DM or some shit.

Then he'll go around sulking and telling everybody how player x is letting him down for refusing to play with a broken foot, then he can collect 20m in severance pay and go to China
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun May 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Everyone knew this though.

Man United are run by a clueless PR clown who has to worry about glory hunting fans in panic mode.

The moment Pep joined City Utd were scrambling to get a big name manager to keep up with that, and Mou was the biggest name available

That the appointment was completely running counter the the famed 'groundwork' layed by van Gaal (and why else would you appoint van Gaal if not for the ground work) apparently was no problem.

They'll spend another 250m this summer only so that Griezmann can end up looking like a poor man's Welbeck and Varane can be bought for 100m to play DM or some shit.

Then he'll go around sulking and telling everybody how player x is letting him down for refusing to play with a broken foot, then he can collect 20m in severance pay and go to China
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 14, 2017 10:51 pm

Saying we play horrible football is utter nonsense btw. I see a lot of jelly AF jabroni's in here trying to push a narrative to discredit us because they want to diminish our trophies in light of them winning absolutely *bleep* all. Complete clowns.

The problem is that Mourinho has lined up very defensively the last month because we have had to rest our players in the league and focus on Europa, which happened to coincide with playing Arsenal, Spurs and City.

Teams like Spurs play better football than us, no doubt, but we aren't playing some horrific football, it's just that people are focusing on these few, specific matches.

I've watched us every single match this season, shit finishing and superhuman goalkeeping has been our downfall, we've completely battered 85% of teams we played.

but whatever, while City, Pool and Spurs fans are all ecstatic and celebrating like they've won a title, i'll be sitting in the corner using our three trophies to hold my tears.

Champions League was the ambition all along. And we have a foot in it already.

We play pretty damn good football when we have our main team.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 14, 2017 10:54 pm

I forget the stat that was posted a few months ago but we had scored something like 10% of the chances we created. We don't park the bus and play like Palace (can't believe I'm entertaining Unique's nonsense, think we would all agree he's the most clueless football fan this forum has ever seen after Barcalearningdifficulty)

Just because we defend very well doesn't mean we park the bus like West Brom or Palace, or even play negatively. (generally)
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sun May 14, 2017 11:07 pm

These arguments would hold for me if the results weren't so drastically disappointing. I actually believed that United was a lock for top 4 before the season started.

United have only scored 52 goals! that's less than 7 other teams, which include Everton and Bournemouth. You can't score less goals than Bournemouth and then claim that the football is good enough.

I haven't watched every game of course, but I've watched a lot of the big games and the EL games. Its just dreary and by far the worst football among the other big teams in the PL. And it can't be much better outside of the big games when Bournemouth is outscoring you.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun May 14, 2017 11:10 pm

It's because (ironically) teams park 10 men against us for 90 minutes, we suck at breaking teams down and like I said, our chance conversion is the worst in europe. Poor finishing and unreal goalkeeping stopped that. Our general play has been good.

plenty of scrub goalkeepers in the games against us got MOTM for instance. Heaton had something like 15 saves against us. Boruc had a similar number.

So yes, the results have been disappointing, but the narrative that we play terrible ptb football is pure nonsense
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 14, 2017 11:17 pm

You do play terrible football though
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 pm

CBarca wrote:
United fans really aren't the same they used to be. Used to expect nothing but the best. Now I think Spurs fans have more ambition. They remind me of Arsenal fans but at least Arsenal fans are depressed about the way their team plays (and even so, play 100x better football than Man U).

I think Man Utd fans in general are really disappointed with the season.Deluded Firenze is the exception. I have a lot of friends who are Man Utd fans and they are beyond pissed with the season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun May 14, 2017 11:25 pm

Firenze is Heath Ledger joker levels of deep into his heel persona right now and he's still rustling half of the forum with his outlook on United rofl

Everybody knows spending half a billion and finishing 5th-6th is awful.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 14, 2017 11:27 pm

Haven't seen so much natural heat since prime me in Goal.com days tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sun May 14, 2017 11:41 pm

If you think United's play is not boring and shite you have a very low standard.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun May 14, 2017 11:42 pm

This was posted back in February and it's unlikely that there have been any significant changes.

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 3 C37DJDRXAAEAQ1g

Anything but the PL title should be a failure for Mourinho - Page 3 C37CzhRXUAAgAPp

hmm
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 14, 2017 11:47 pm

'Good - Lucky matrix' rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next