How much credit will Cristiano receive if Portugal win the EURO's ?

+20
farfan
alexjanosik
Bankz
Lucifer
RealGunner
Curtinho
titosantill
Cruijf
Thimmy
Freeza
Hapless_Hans
LeBéninois
zenmaster
rwo power
Great Leader Sprucenuce
halamadrid2
Valkyrja
Doc
Luca
S
24 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How much credit will Cristiano receive if Portugal win the EURO's ? Empty How much credit will Cristiano receive if Portugal win the EURO's ?

Post by S Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:51 pm

I'm really intrigued by this. part of me thinks not because it came a month after Real Madrid's CL victory, Copa on the same time, some teams from the outside seem like they really do give a shit( aka all 24 teams)

And at the same time it's still a major international tournament unlike Copa USA so it's still a significant part of his resume which is not yet fulfilled

:coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

How much credit will Cristiano receive if Portugal win the EURO's ? Empty Re: How much credit will Cristiano receive if Portugal win the EURO's ?

Post by Luca Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:55 pm

Greatest of all time

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

How much credit will Cristiano receive if Portugal win the EURO's ? Empty Re: How much credit will Cristiano receive if Portugal win the EURO's ?

Post by Doc Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:56 pm

I think Zigra answered this question in the Euro thread:

zigra wrote:It's really just Ronaldo carrying the team. The other players do a decent job but they do so because Ronaldo directs every move of his team like a true Kommander should do.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:57 pm

The GOAT
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:02 pm

I think he will get most of the credit even if he does nothing in the next two rounds. Renato may get some praise but imagine hyping up washed up players like Nani or Quaresma. As long as Portugal scrape by every team and Ronaldo does something of note he will always be given the most credit. Nvm the fact that Portugal would not have beat Poland had ut not been for Pepe standing in the way of everything
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:09 pm

You could have at least wrote something different in the OP tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:23 pm

Frankly, I think Rui Patricio is way more important, considering the way Portugal play atm. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by zenmaster Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:54 pm

No matter what he does in Euro. If he wins the cup , people will give him credit.
zenmaster
zenmaster
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:23 pm

As long as he scores 1 or 2 goals in the final ( headers if possible :coffee: ) he'll get a lot of credit.
As long as he scores when his team needs it the most like he did against Hungary.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:43 pm

Moot discussion. Portugal won't win the EUROS.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:50 pm

Anyway thread doesn't make much sense with Ronaldo tbh.

He gets credit when they get out of the group stage ffs Laughing Of course he'll get credit if they win the thing.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:55 pm

rwo power wrote:Frankly, I think Rui Patricio is way more important, considering the way Portugal play atm. :coffee:

Guy is awful. He makes current Casillas look GOAT In the air
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:58 pm

S wrote:

And at the same time it's still a major international tournament unlike Copa USA so it's still a significant part of his resume which is not yet fulfilled

Ah, Copa USA. A tournament so insignificant, that they had Messi cry and temporarily retire from his national team, just to provide some much needed drama and entertainment value Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:01 pm

He will get a lot of credit but none of it will be deserved Laughing

But I agree with Hans it's a moot discussion because there's no way it's happening.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Thimmy wrote:
S wrote:

Ah, Copa USA. A tournament so insignificant, that they had Messi cry and temporarily retire from his national team, just to provide some much needed drama and entertainment value Rolling Eyes

Must have been tears of joy that the farce of a tournament was finally completed. I never really understood trying to comment on the significance of something to someone else.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:12 pm

Messi cried because he lost another final with his NT,obvious tbh. He tried so hard yet unable to win even a Hollywood Copa. Understandable to be deflated from his point :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:37 pm

cristiano needs two big games...so far he has been very poor. and this is the issue i have when we laud players. i think he's a great player, the numbers speak for themselves, its understandable his portuguese team, at least in terms of personnel aren't all that. BUT, when you laud someone to high heavens, the least you expect is that their performance can be transmitted in new environments

cristiano not scoring 800 hattricks for portugal isn't the issue, the issue at least for me is, in recent times he has looked a completely different player from his madrid experience. has looked extremely ordinary in this tournament and the last world cup. if i told someone who never watched a football match a day in his life, during the world cup games and these euros that "that's the cristiano guy you here about", the individual would feel very shortchanged

national teams is like luck of the draw, sometimes you get a good supporting cast, sometimes you don't, its fate, nothing like "this player needs help so we'll sign such and such", but as the leader you should be able to adapt, and lead. he will receive credit if he does wonders in the next game or if they get to the final and he is magical....and whether anyone likes it or not, a performance at higher stages can and should erase everything

but if he plays the way he's played so far, which has been average to below average,....what am i saying, there are fans and pundits who'll still find a way to credit him. he needs to step up, has looked just way too ordinary in the last 2 or 3 international tournaments, if not more
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:55 pm

How much credit does a leader get for scoring the first peno in a major tournament? That's the real question.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:14 pm

Cristiano missed a spot kick and some good half chances but I've lost count of how many times Cristiano got into excellent positions to receive a pass but he barely got any. He has had an average tournament by his standards despite scoring one of the goals of the tournament but lets not pretend like his team-mates are serving assists to him on a platter which he's been unable to capitalize on. Portugal as an offensive unit as a whole has been awful.

Game against Austria was his worst game as he missed some really good chances.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:25 pm

portugal isn't a terrific side by any stretch of the imagination hence nobody's concerned about them. we haven't looked at them as this once in a lifetime thing so frankly, i don't expect much. i expect them to try and defend well, and take any little chance they can get

cristiano is different though, as a madrid fan, i don't even expect him to beast down the left and shoot or do anything fancy. that's not his style anymore. but there's no excuse to play like this. its not like teams play portugal and everybody decides to sit deep, thus keeping him quiet. portugal hardly gets that respect. he really needs to step up in the semis. he has looked extremely ordinary. even nani, has been very explosive at times for portugal
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:52 pm

Full credit. Eventhough his finishing has been lacking, he has made that up with his leadership and the will to carry Portugal through sheer determination

Everyone in the team looks up to him for inspiration.

He will be Player of the tournament should Portugal win the Euros.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:00 pm

S wrote:Cristiano missed a spot kick and some good half chances but I've lost count of how many times Cristiano got into excellent positions to receive a pass but he barely got any. He has had an average tournament by his standards despite scoring one of the goals of the tournament but lets not pretend like his team-mates are serving assists to him on a platter which he's been unable to capitalize on. Portugal as an offensive unit as a whole has been awful.

Game against Austria was his worst game as he missed some really good chances.

If you are given two sitters and fail to even connect with the ball you don't get to complain about bad service.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:06 pm

I know there might be many parallel universes, but I don't think Portugal is winning in any of them. If they do they owe it to Kommander more than they do to their Gods

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:11 pm

Freeza wrote:Guy is awful. He makes current Casillas look GOAT In the air
You might notice I didn't say he's "good".  Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:36 pm

If things remain like this, he'll be giving credit still by die hard fans of course albeit undeservedly.. But if he beasts in the semi's and final, well, you guess is as good as mine.

Long story short, he'll be given credit either ways, wether he plays like shit or not
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next