Based Bonera
S
36 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Renato Sanches Empty Renato Sanches

Post by S Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:08 pm

Surprised there's no thread about him.

Currently he's probably the best U-21 midfield talent in world football. I'm absolutely stunned to see an already fairly refined midfield talent at freaking 18. What an impact he's causing already to the Portugal NT. Reminds me of how good Cristiano looked at a very young age. And imo he couldnt go to a better club than Bayern to develop himself further. I look at him and Andre Gomes who is like some 4 yrs older(also rated) and i notice the vast gulf in talent between the two.

What do you think? Is he Portugal's next superstar in the making? Could he be their next Kommander (in midfield) ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Renato Sanches Empty Re: Renato Sanches

Post by Based Bonera Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:35 pm

Could he be their next Kommander (in midfield) ?

He's already better. Lolz
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:45 pm

As in, could he establish himself and follow the path of other Portuguese greats such as Eusebio, Figo, Cristiano. The Kommander thing was more of a pun. There are good chances he becomes a huge marketing tool like Cristiano.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:46 pm

He can become next James Rodriguez. To become ronaldo he needs to be handsome
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:50 pm

Looks a bit raw still but I love how engaged he is. He plays with high energy, moves into areas with great intelligence. Far from the finished product but he looks like he could become one of those complete midfielders that teams other than Juventus dream of having (-H-)

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:51 pm

Reminds me a lot of Wilshere

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:58 pm

Pogba? Neymar?

What im saying is he could become hugely marketable purely because of his playing style, his Davids-esque hairstyle etc.

Like how people associate Cristiano with Portugal NT now, they could probably do the same with Sanches in some 6-7 yrs perhaps.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kebab Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:25 am

S wrote:

Pogba? Neymar?

What im saying is he could become hugely marketable purely because of his playing style, his Davids-esque hairstyle etc.

Like how people associate Cristiano with Portugal NT now, they could probably do the same with Sanches in some 6-7 yrs perhaps.
Neymar is a big player and pure talent he has no chance to be Neymar. Training hard will not help. He can become CR with hard training but as i said needs to be handsome too to get likes and fans
Pogba is the only real variant. Davids was great but he was not as popular and marketable like CR.
Davids Yes, CR No
Kebab
Kebab
Cant go to the last pages in mobile version. There is no page numbers

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:28 am

He's not that refined tbh.

His close control when dribbling in tight spaces is very good and he holds off his man well but there's a lot of things which are nowhere near the level of " refined ".

Understandable considering how young he is but let's not go overboard and announce him as the second coming before he even starts a game for Portugal lol.

Classic case of crowning the king before he's crowned that this forum loves to do.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:57 am

Really, the OP said nothing about him already being a goat, just that he is one of the best if not the best young midfielders in the world. And the way he owned rakitic and modric, two world class midfielders should suggest that he isn't far from the truth.

Anyone else thinks he looks like Waka flocka?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:15 am

Mole, at 18, he already looks like a quality CM who's been playing elite football for yrs. Thats my point. Pogba also looked pretty sensational at a young age, look at him now.
Sanches got subbed in for Gomes dint he(another highly rated CM from Portugal) . You could already see the vast gap in quality between the two and Gomes is like 4-5 yrs older playing regularly for yrs while Sanches just recently burst on to the scene.
Can't see what's so knee-jerk about this thread. Eventually he'll become a star imo
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:51 am

He is impressing me in the Euros. His attacking movement is superb, as is his dribbling and close control. He needs to work on his decision making though, understandable that its not so good since he is just 18.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:38 pm

FennecFox7 wrote:Really, the OP said nothing about him already being a goat, just that he is one of the best if not the best young midfielders in the world. And the way he owned rakitic and modric, two world class midfielders should suggest that he isn't far from the truth.

Anyone else thinks he looks like Waka flocka?

You mean like how Wilshere did with prime Xavi and Iniesta lol? Yes he looked great but he came off the bench for one game against great players and did so for this game.

It's what on about with OTT reactions.

S wrote:Mole, at 18, he already looks like a quality CM who's  been playing elite football for yrs. Thats my point.  Pogba also looked pretty sensational at a young age,  look  at him now.
Sanches  got subbed in for Gomes dint he(another highly rated CM from Portugal) . You could already see the vast gap in quality between the two and Gomes is like 4-5 yrs older playing regularly for yrs while Sanches just recently burst on to the scene.
Can't see what's so knee-jerk about this thread.  Eventually he'll become a star imo

It's knee jerk because he doesn't even start for Portugal and it's based on a couple of sub appearances and for the reasons i started above. Not to mention he's nowhere near a refined midfielder lol, he's dribbling and close control is class and holds off his defender very well but off the ball he doesn't look great and passing leaves A LOT to be desired and general decision making.

All of which is understandable considering his age and general rawness, but you are acting like he's the finished article already based on a couple of sub appearances. People did this with Wilshere when he was 18 and dominating Xavi and Iniesta because he had great close control and dribbling and nobody cared to mention the rest of his game.

I understand it's exciting to see a young talent with this amount of skill but we need to cool our jets, to be clear i thought he looked great and i was really impressed with him but a lot of this stuff is far too early.

Also that's what is what knee jerk about this thread lol, he's not a star yet and you are acting like he already is although i agree he most likely will become one if he learns and doesn't refuse to improve his game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:44 pm

He's looked impressive this whole tournament every time since he's come on not just yesterday's game. Did you watch the Hungary game? I think Portugal's coach prefers him to use him as a sub because he adds the energy and pace against tired legs and the strategy is working very well so far.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:48 pm

S wrote:He's looked impressive this whole tournament every time since he's come on not just yesterday's game. Did you watch the Hungary game? I think Portugal's coach prefers him to use him as a sub because he adds the energy and pace against tired legs and the strategy is working very well so far.

I meant as in against great players, obviously Hungary doesn't have any Laughing

I agree the strategy is working but at the same time it's still far too early IMO, not to mention Ancelotti will never play him anyway :coffee:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:52 pm

Refined is probably not the right word to use here but what i meant to say is for an 18 yr old ,he plays like he's 22-23 or something. You would barely see anyone this good in his age group. Im not really surprised now why Bayern decided to invest heavily on him.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Well i can still see he's 18 tbh, as there's still a lot of his game which is very raw and not there yet which i wouldn't really expect of a 23 year old.

I do see why Bayern spent the money on him though, if their manager wasn't Ancelotti anyway Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Sanches looks like an immense talent, but to me he still looks awfully raw.

When I've seen him (and I grant that's only been in his limited appearances for Portugal), he seems to have boundless energy and incredible physical ability. His other attributes seem a bit unrefined. At the moment, he seems to rely heavily on his pace and power, which he has in abundance. However, should he develop his tactical awareness (both offensively and defensively), he'll be a force to be reckoned with.

To be honest, he reminds me a bit of Romelu Lukaku when he first moved to Chelsea: immense physical talent, but still slightly unrefined. Hopefully, Bayern can pull off that elusive balance between managing expectation and offering enough chances to develop the player. Chelsea failed him, throwing him into the spotlight almost immediately. Hopefully, Bayern don't make the same mistake.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:58 pm

^^ This basically.
The kid is a beast with full of energy. Pogba like in some way. Has the same kind of air about him and the same kind of swagger in his play which is really good to see.  
I have watched him last season for Benfica especially in their CL matches. And he wasnt that good actually. He was basically running all around the pitch like a headless chicken mosstly whenever he didnt have the ball.
Need to iron out some of his technical flaws. Not denying he is immensely talented tho. Sky's the ceiling.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:24 pm

Glory wrote:^^ This basically.
The kid is a beast with full of energy. Pogba like in some way. Has the same kind of air about him and the same kind of swagger in his play which is really good to see.  
I have watched him last season for Benfica especially in their CL matches. And he wasnt that good actually. He was basically running all around the pitch like a headless chicken mosstly whenever he didnt have the ball.
Need to iron out some of his technical flaws. Not denying he is immensely talented tho. Sky's the ceiling.

This is just arguing perceptions at this point, but I don't actually see Pogba in him. Pogba always seemed to have a bit of finesse to his game (not unlike Cantona's fluid agression).

No, Sanches for me embodies a little more unrestrained physicality. I think a more apt comparison may be Pogba's erstwhile teammate, Arturo Vidal. Whether or not he develops in the same vein as Vidal depends entirely on his coaching, as this point. However, if I were to make a comparison, Vidal might be closer.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Yea I was mainly referring to the way they conducts on the pitch. Both of them have the same sort of authority and confidence in their game. The kind of authority that will make them look like seasoned pros on the footballing field in spite of their tender ages.
On the actual footballing style, yea I agree. They aint at all similar. Pogba technically is one of the best in the world right now. Whereas when it comes to this kid, its not his strongest suit for sure.
In playing style I think he is more of a Kante (the Leicester one, not the France Kante who is basically a pure DM.) Vidal too, I agree.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:51 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I do see why Bayern spent the money on him though, if their manager wasn't Ancelotti anyway Laughing
Tiger Gerland is still the assistant, and I bet he'll be able to convince his new boss to put some faith in the kids.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:51 pm

He's very talented for his age, but has still leaps and bounds of work to do if he's to become a solid midfielder, more so in Bayern.

I do not have worries, Ancelotti or no, because if he's not going to get any game time, and they see potential, he will most likely get a loan spell to a fellow Buli club in order to acclimatize himself with the language and the football. It's not Madrid where you have top class youngsters just wasting away on the bench.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:55 am

S thread would have a completely different tone if United had signed him not Bayern Laughing

probably something along the lines of" LOL can't even start for Portugal!! Wasted money by Mendeschester " (:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:18 am

Ya'll trippin' rofl What's all this talk about him being the next Edgar Davids and whatnot? I'd be surprised if he achieves the same hype as Royston Drenthe once did.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next