How would you improve Leicester next season ?

+20
donttreadonred
El Blanco Madridista
Hapless_Hans
ExtremistEnigma
M99
Robespierre
sportsczy
Glory
Onyx
windkick
Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
urbaNRoots
Myesyats
Cruijf
Dark Knight
Valkyrja
McAgger
El Gunner
farfan
24 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

How would you improve Leicester next season ? Empty How would you improve Leicester next season ?

Post by farfan Fri May 06, 2016 12:17 pm

With the CL coming up, they'll definitely have  to pump some new blood in that starting 11 and increase the depth of their bench .

Current 11 :

--------------------Schmeichel---------------

Simpson------Huth---------Morgan-------Fuchs

------------Kante----------Drinkwater---------

Mahrez-------------------------------Albrighton

---------Okazaki/Ulloa-------Vardy-----------

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

How would you improve Leicester next season ? Empty Re: How would you improve Leicester next season ?

Post by El Gunner Fri May 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Will have to come up with more bargains tbh. Will be even harder if players like Schmeichel, Kante and Mahrez leave
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

How would you improve Leicester next season ? Empty Re: How would you improve Leicester next season ?

Post by McAgger Fri May 06, 2016 1:33 pm

Assuming nobody leaves. I think 3 positions from that require strengthening regardless of what they do, they just don't add much individual quality other than working hard in the unit.

Albrighton is the obvious one. He's a hard worker and a crosser but he provides absolutely no production for the important attacking position he occupies. Need someone in the mold of Milner/Lallana who is very hard working so they don't lose much in that regard but who is someone who can provide goals/assists. We won't sell either Milner or Lallana as Klopp loves them and they've done really well for him, so someone in that mold would do for them.

OKazaki is the other one. 5 goals in a full season being a starter striker. It's just not nearly enough output. If they want someone similar to Vardy, Danny Ings is really similar but of course we would never sell. I'd personally break the bank for Ben Arfa and play him as a striker next to Vardy. He's shown he can produce, he shown he can carry a team on his back and it would take some weight away from Mahrez/Vardy shoulders. Plus his work ethic won't be noticeable as he's got Vardy next to him pressing like a madmen.

Danny Simpson is the third. He's just not good enough. Need a better right back. Torino's Bruno Peres is one I really like and think would be a coup for any good team.

Schmeichel
Bruno - Huth - Morgan - Fuchs
Mahrez - Kante - Drinkwater - Milner
Ben Arfa - Vardy
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 06, 2016 1:58 pm

Schmeichel
Van der Wiel - Huth - Morgan - Fuchs
Mahrez - Kante - Drinkwater - Feghouli
Ben Arfa - Vardy

VdW's and Feghouli's contracts are ending this summer
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 06, 2016 2:19 pm

Valkyrja wrote:

Ben Arfa's too .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Fri May 06, 2016 2:27 pm

One top class striker to partner Vardy, one top class CM to replace Drinkwater, one top class winger to replace Albrighton.

Availability

Lacazatte
Higuain
Bacca

Isco
Matic'
Oscar
Mata
Matuidi
Nianggolan

Bellarabi (I haven't watched him but I know he is good)
Pedro
Gaitan
Nasri
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri May 06, 2016 2:48 pm

Pedro top class rofl

But Bacca is a good shout, knowing the clowns that run our club they could probably get him for 20-30 mil.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 06, 2016 2:57 pm

farfan wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Ben Arfa's too .

I don't rate VDW but Feghouli on a bosman would be perfect. Same with HBA.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 06, 2016 3:13 pm

farfan wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:

Ben Arfa's too .

Read today Barca are keen on getting HBA on a free. hmm
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Knight Fri May 06, 2016 3:23 pm

Cruijf wrote:Pedro top class rofl

But Bacca is a good shout, knowing the clowns that run our club they could probably get him for 20-30 mil.

I understand your viewpoint but Pedro's stock has fallen only for the last two years.. otherwise he is a good player yeah maybe not top class but a good player.

Surely Bacca must be more than 30 mil don't you think? I can't see him go for anything less than 40 mil.
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri May 06, 2016 3:25 pm

Schmeichel
Bellerin Morgan Huth Fuchs
Mahrez Kante Drinkwater Hazard
Alexis Vardy
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 06, 2016 3:26 pm

Bacca is 30 and didn't exactly light Serie on fire this year . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri May 06, 2016 3:36 pm

farfan wrote:Bacca is 30 and didn't exactly light Serie on fire this year . Laughing

You clearly haven't watched a single Milan game. One of the best strikers on the market right now. Age is a downside I'll admit, but as I said he's one of the best options there is and they wouldn't have to break the bank.

Dark Knight wrote:
Surely Bacca must be more than 30 mil don't you think? I can't see him go for anything less than 40 mil.

You would think, but this is the club that basically gave away El Sharaawy, spent 15 mil on Matri and spent 20 mil on Bertolacci. We don't really have a good grasp of the market Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 06, 2016 3:39 pm

As if Leicester have a hope in hell of signing Ben Arfa lol.

To answer the question, I wouldn't because I currently have the agenda of them selling their best players and becoming bottom half scrubs.

Improving them doesn't fit into said agenda. hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri May 06, 2016 3:48 pm

They won't be signing any big names, like, not even guys like van der Wield. It's actually a really hard question, how they're going to improve or maintain their level. Because they are not suddenly a big club that's going to attract big players, nor are they going to blow their wage structure through the roof.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 06, 2016 4:19 pm

Yeah they are still Leicester City at the end of the day, they are still going to be dealing with players that the bigger clubs have missed out on despite the fact they won the league.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri May 06, 2016 4:35 pm

Feghouli is available for free? Also only 26, any club that lands him is landing a great player for free. Leicester should jump on it (or any club, lol)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri May 06, 2016 4:36 pm

They don't necessarily need to sign a whole bunch of Galacticos. It's more about fitting into the system and busting your ass for the shirt.

2-3 shrewd signings will be enough when it comes to the starting 11. Plus some depth signings for all the competitions they'll be in.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Onyx wrote:They don't necessarily need to sign a whole bunch of Galacticos. It's more about fitting into the system and busting your ass for the shirt.

2-3 shrewd signings will be enough when it comes to the starting 11. Plus some depth signings for all the competitions they'll be in.

Not the post i expected to see hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri May 06, 2016 4:45 pm

Keeping Kante is going to be crucial for them. He apparently has a release clause. Rolling Eyes
Buy Berahino.
Lester are wise. They wont go for established players anyway. They will look to invest in prospects. Buying Amartey and Gray is a step in the right direction. Hope they buy other FM wonderkids like Lucas Romero and Eder Balanta as well. Proud

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 06, 2016 5:30 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As if Leicester have a hope in hell of signing Ben Arfa lol.

You always say things like this Laughing

Ben Arfa played for *bleep* Hull City and Nice for his last two clubs. He's gonna sign for Leicester if they really want him and some other insane club don't offer him astronomical wages.

You said the same thing about Klopp in the summer never coming to Liverpool. A few years ago something similar about Gotze. Both at Liverpool for next season Proud

Leicester is gonna have money. Their first objective should be hold on to all of their stars. And their second objective to improve on those weaknesses in the starting XI that I mentioned.

After that they can worry about depth and maybe long term outlook as a lot of their players are over 30 or close to 30.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri May 06, 2016 5:34 pm

Also I want to point out that I'm in the same boat as Moal. Hope Leicester go back down to obscurity and being shit eventually. But I want it to happen after next season. I want to see the same team in CL against some power houses.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 06, 2016 6:13 pm

Don't call me James wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:As if Leicester have a hope in hell of signing Ben Arfa lol.

You always say things like this Laughing

Ben Arfa played for *bleep* Hull City and Nice for his last two clubs. He's gonna sign for Leicester if they really want him and some other insane club don't offer him astronomical wages.

You said the same thing about Klopp in the summer never coming to Liverpool. A few years ago something similar about Gotze. Both at Liverpool for next season Proud

Leicester is gonna have money. Their first objective should be hold on to all of their stars. And their second objective to improve on those weaknesses in the starting XI that I mentioned.

After that they can worry about depth and maybe long term outlook as a lot of their players are over 30 or close to 30.

And usually i'm right, also the Hull thing is irrelevant. He's coming off a great season where big clubs are interested who can pay him a lot more money than Leicester happening.

Also i doubt he wants to risk playing in England for moar dinosaurs who blame him for conceding goals, it's not happening.

Also stop mentioning money like it's some sort of advantage they have, everyone has it and a lot more than them lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Ben Arfa is going to Barca per all reports... Nice and Barca have agreed and Ben Arfa is negotiating personal terms per l'Equipe.

Kante is leaving for sure.

Only one who is saying that he wants to stay for now is Mahrez...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 06, 2016 6:28 pm

So much faith  in Morgan - Huth partnership ?
For me the signing a better BC  ( at least one..) must be the first step
It's easier to imagine  offensive players perform (almost) like this year than this defence. It reminds me when we ,after a great season in '98,  didn't sign Thuram  why we were the best defence with Taribo West and Colonnese but Ronaldo to carry us.
Expecially for a CL level this partnership is unacceptable  imho.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next