Andrew
Targus
sportsczy
Jack Daniels
lucianomoggi
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What can Juventus improve?  Empty What can Juventus improve?

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:18 am

lets not forget, few years ago we was playing on SERIE B, and comparing to that, JUVENTUS have something more to be proud for, however...

JUVENTUS is a great club, and the expectations are too high from the fans and they are not comfortable with the fact to be inferior to other top clubs such as BARCELONA, REAL MADRID, BAYERN, MANCHESTER UNITED...

We should not forget that so far we have build a really great team, that is consistently winning in SERIE A games, and has not too much to do t o reach the level of the ones like BARCELONA,

our fullbacks are good enough, you cannot expect anything more from them, there is more responsibility on box-to-box players and the strikers, for the performances of the team, and the positive fact is that we have POGBA and LORENTE ready to shine next season...

I believe that with only one great striker such as SUAREZ or IBRAHIMOVIC, JUVENTUS will look too much different because it forces the opponents to play more defensive means there will be less pressure on PIRLO and the defenders...

I believe JUVENTUS will be magical next season if we only transfer one worldclass striker

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

What can Juventus improve?  Empty Re: What can Juventus improve?

Post by Jack Daniels Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:26 am

A world class target man supported by an above average forward is enough I think.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:54 am

forwards... all 3 of them lol. Need a much better LB too. Conte needs to grow some balls as well.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:18 am

sportsczy wrote:forwards... all 3 of them lol. Need a much better LB too. Conte needs to grow some balls as well.

but at least 2 world class one, i dont really believe in llorente, if we change our lineups and style of play then we would need a better LB,
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:12 pm

Nice thread and I'm glad to see you're still around mate.

What we lack compared to the top tier clubs ?

In my opinion we lack quality depth and one or a couple of individuals of exceptional character and skill, world class in other words.

Competing and winning the Champions League is a step by step process. When Conte took over he transformed our weakest points into our greatest asset. Prior Conte we were a team of good to very good individuals but with no team-spirit. Turning that around we became a League dominating team with a good run to the Champions League. Now it's time for Conte to make a step further. He has to maintain the team-spirit while adding world-class quality.

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juvealbanian Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:24 pm

I don't see Llorente as the world class striker we need...if we sell Matri & Quag. (15 mln) + 20/25 mln i think we can get Suarez,he is the type of forward we need.
Also bring Felipe Melo back and buy a new quality LB.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Obviously, we need a quality striker. After that, I think we need a quality LW/LWB. I would even say that we will soon need a quality RW/RWB because I'm not sure if Licht or any of our other options are that great compared to other top European teams.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:22 pm

Juventude wrote:Obviously, we need a quality striker. After that, I think we need a quality LW/LWB. I would even say that we will soon need a quality RW/RWB because I'm not sure if Licht or any of our other options are that great compared to other top European teams.

well said, so we need about 3 players since llorente is ours, i'd say suarez not sure about the others.

but IMO we need an aggressive midfield like italy used to have on 2006,
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:53 pm

Our attack from the wings is either non-existent, predictable, or the players that play there are out of position. Too much of the play is coming from the central midfield or, when it does come from the wing, it's almost always the right side.

Unfortunately, good wingers or wing-backs are hard to find, which is why Juve hasn't had a good true LB since Zambrotta. If it means spending 20+ million on a good LW or LB, we should do it. We paid almost that much for Asamoah and Isla and yet we play Asamoah out of position and we don't play Isla.

If we do buy a LW or RW, I would want to be sure that Conte is actually going to with his tactics. I feel like Juve has thrown money at LWs and RWs, but we have yet to solve the problem (see Elia, Isla, and Asamoah).
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:39 pm

marcelo and piszczek maybe would do the thing, but they are nearly impossible to get to.
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:39 pm

Honestly, losing Zambrotta after Calciopoli may have been worse than some of the other player losses Juve suffered.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:11 pm

Juventude wrote:Honestly, losing Zambrotta after Calciopoli may have been worse than some of the other player losses Juve suffered.

Not really, Thuram, Cannavaro- equally, if not greater losses.
Plus, Juventus had Balzaretti, they sold him. They had Criscito, they sold him.

Anyways, tactical flexibility. Juventus turned to the 3-5-2 to accommodate three high-performing central defenders, and three high-performing central midfielders. They are now bound to this formation and simply don't have the players for it in my opinion, not just the Bayern game but how often has Juvetus failed to create when they needed a goal? With the current team, there must be some alternate tactical approaches.

The most blatant areas for improvement are the attack and the wings. People may say vice-Pirlo is just as important but getting a top vice-Pirlo just leaves this team even more dependent on a single position than before. Improve the wings, there is less emphasis on Pirlo and more space for him to play. Improve the attack and there is less emphasis on the wings and on Pirlo. What I'm trying to say is that everything is co-dependent, this project isn't finished.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Luca wrote:
Juventude wrote:Honestly, losing Zambrotta after Calciopoli may have been worse than some of the other player losses Juve suffered.

Not really, Thuram, Cannavaro- equally, if not greater losses.
Plus, Juventus had Balzaretti, they sold him. They had Criscito, they sold him.

Anyways, tactical flexibility. Juventus turned to the 3-5-2 to accommodate three high-performing central defenders, and three high-performing central midfielders. They are now bound to this formation and simply don't have the players for it in my opinion, not just the Bayern game but how often has Juvetus failed to create when they needed a goal? With the current team, there must be some alternate tactical approaches.

The most blatant areas for improvement are the attack and the wings. People may say vice-Pirlo is just as important but getting a top vice-Pirlo just leaves this team even more dependent on a single position than before. Improve the wings, there is less emphasis on Pirlo and more space for him to play. Improve the attack and there is less emphasis on the wings and on Pirlo. What I'm trying to say is that everything is co-dependent, this project isn't finished.

^this.........

Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Fenomeno Vero Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:04 pm

1) Higher quality depth - players like Peluso, Padoin, De Ceglie, Quagliarella/Matri are good enough for the Serie A but cannot provide the quality required at the business end of European campaigns. The 3 defensive players need to go and be relaced with higher quality players, Add in Criscito at LB (surely he must be getting sick of Russia by now), renew Isla's co-ownership and try and get a top quality forward, Aguero, Suarez, James Rodriguez or Sanchez would be ideal but with Llorente coming in that means both Matri and Quagliarella would have to leave which I don't see happening.

2) More effective rotation. This goes hand in hand with having quality depth but even with the squad we've got its not been enough, the likes of Caceres and Giaccherini have only gotten a meagre 14 & 13 apps, with Isla and Marrone getting only 8. All have enough quality to have had ore of as say in the current campaign and would have helped in keeping the side (particularly key players) fresh. Isla is the only understandable underperformer having signed him while he was still injured with his ACL, so he really needs another season to get back to his best.

3) Tactical Inflexibility again tied to quality and injuries. We've become too dependant on the 3-5-2 due to our CBs and the M-V-P trio. Injuries to Pepe, and Isla as well as the lack of a true quality LB have inhibited the use of a 4-3-3 or some variant, and Conte hasn't had the confidence in the remaining players to fill in in problem areas (though the 4-3-3 does suit the likes of Gio and Giaccherini better, while Caceres has played LB for Uruguay)
Il Fenomeno Vero
Il Fenomeno Vero
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:48 pm

The reasons I think Juve lost to Bayern

1) No strikers. When Juve got the ball wide into crossing positions and crosses neither Vucinic or Quaq were in positon. Also, the level of strikers compared to opposition is terrbile. Good enough for Serie A, but not for CL. Llorente is not the answer. I predict he will flop. Not a CL level player. (though manzugitc is not either).

2) Tactical system, ability. Juve were torn apart from the wings in the first game. And did you think that they would learn anything from it? No.. Same old story again. 3-5-2 is useless against teams like Bayern. Pilro was under pressure, lost the ball many times - but the same stroy went on and on..

3) Which brings me to my next point. Conte is too stubborn. Sticks with hes tacitcs which were wrong and totally dominated. Didnt change a thing. Also, maybe hes just a big pussy who doesnt dare to take risks. And when loses compliments the opposition and says still "we played well". That not the attitude or passion Juve needed.

4) Ref was a little biased. The foul that led to the first foul was soft. Manzukitc went down easier than my grandmother, and shes in a wheelchair.

5) Then we get to this topic. Spending 40 mil on 4-5 "good" players rather than on one really great..yeah right. Great players lift teams. Remember when Milan signed Ibra from Barca and it changed everything and made a crappy team win the Scudetto. Or aqucition of Hernanes made Lazio immediately a force to be rekon with?
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:36 pm

thanks for the comments, and for the welcome, Andrew_p, I am really impressed with all the members we have here, they are really good and make the forum look amazing, without these amazing members we have here there would be no desire to come here to the forum,

I don't think that fullbacks or wing-backs are too much important, BARCELONA had magical players on the center such as: ETO, MESSI, XAVI, INIESTA, TOURE, POYOL!!! and those players would win champions league even if you put players like MOLINARO, GRYGERA, PEPE around them...

JUVENTUS problem is the players on the center of the team:

I am happy with CHIELLINI, BONNUCI, BARZAGLI, PIRLO, VIDAL, but I am not happy with MARCHISIO, MATRI, VUCINIC, they are not worth for the starting XI,

ASAMOAH and LINSHTAINER are not too much important players in my opinion, the importance for them is only to suit to the team like PEPE and GROSSO for ITALY National team...

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:14 pm

1) Conte should really use the full meaning of the term "squad rotation" when playing in Serie A against small teams..and even medium ones. Peluso, Caceres, Padoin, Marrone, Giacc showed they can do the job when needed more than once.

2) Conte should learn to master other tactics. I'd even go back to his old 4-2-2-2...and definitely the 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1. as in FM you need more than squad depth and squad rotation to be able to really compete domestic and internationally. especially when you have so many versatile players in the squad.

3) Sell De Ceglie, Matri and Quags and let Anelka and Bendter go. Get Llorente, Jovetic/Sanchez/Isco/Dzagoev/Willian/Suarez and Criscito/Kolarov or another top LB (if there's another realistic one on the market). Keep Peluso, Padoin, Isla and Giovinco.
3-5-2:

Buffon
(Storari)
Barzagli Bonucci Chiellini
(Caceres)(Marrone)(Peluso)
Licht Vidal Pirlo Marchisio Criscito/Kolarov
(Isla/Padoin) (Asamoah) (Pogba) (Giacc) (Peluso/Asamoah)
Llorente TopSS
(Vucinic) (Giovinco/Pepe)

4-3-3
Buffon
(Storari)
Licht Bonucci/Barzagli Chiellini Criscito/Kolarov
(Caceres/Isla)(Caceres)(Peluso)(Peluso/Chiellini)
Vidal Pirlo Marchisio
(Asamoah/Padoin)(Pogba/Marrone)(Giacc)
TopSS Llorente Vucinic
(Pepe)(Vucinic)(Giovinco)

with this depth we could compete UCL, Serie A and Coppa Italia with no problem. and all the players here showed they deserve and can manage to play no only against the like of Cagliari or Catania or Pescara but Napoli, Inter and even Celtic or Shakhtar.(at some lengths)

4) Learn something from this years failures (Lazio in Coppa Italia, Inter, Sampdoria, Milan in Serie A and Nordsjaelland and Bayern in UCL).
Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:53 pm

what about 3-4-3

[img]What can Juventus improve?  Juvent10[/img]
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:22 pm

Targus wrote:what about 3-4-3

The great comeback of Diego Ribas ? Razz
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:30 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Targus wrote:what about 3-4-3

The great comeback of Diego Ribas ? Razz

I think we need better version of MARCHISIO, but I hope POGBA will do that role next season, what I am expecting here...

and a strikers such as SUAREZ would be good too,

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:38 pm

I like the look of this:

--Buffon--
--Lichsteiner-- --Barzagli-- --Bonucci-- --Chiellini--
--Vidal-- --Pirlo-- --Marchisio--
--Podolski/Draxler-- --Llorente-- --Vucinic--

With a bench of: Storari, Leali, Caceres, Masi, Peluso, Asamoah, Pogba, Poli, one of Giaccherini or Pepe, and one of Quagliarella or Matri.

Sell: Padoin, De Ceglie, Bendtner (send back), Anelka (send back), Isla (send back), one of Giaccherini or Pepe, and one of Quagliarella or Matri.

Buy: Podolski or Draxler (15-20 mil), Llorente (free), Poli (4-5 mil), Immobile (4-5 mil), Leali (bring back), Pasquato (3-4 mil), and Masi (bring back). We'd be set.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:32 pm

Spend some cash and bring a top striker like Suarez, Aguero... a player who can make the difference, who can score/create sth from nothing.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Spend a cash on a clone machine and clone young ADP hmm
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:35 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
Spend a cash on a clone machine and clone young ADP hmm

the best solution, make more clones in case he is injured Smile
i prefer suarez before aguero but im a fan of both of them. I would like to have them both in my team
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Targus Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:38 pm

guys im telling you, pasquato will be a great player, i believe that he will be our top player, but not next season.
BRING PASQUATO BACK
Targus
Targus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum