M99
Cruijf
Kick
Kaladin
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Next manager

Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]
Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_lcap30%Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Vote_rcap 30% 
[ 3 ]
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Empty Re: Next on the manager-merry-go-round

Post by giovanni_milan Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:10 am

I don't think its so easy to just blame the management here. They are the exact reason for Milan's success over the years and I'm positive they don't see the last couple of years with the same lens we do.

Unfortunately for us, Berlusconi has no real obligation, this is his club. Its really his passion and his toy. Obviously as he ages, he'll want instant success and to play a certain way, at this point, I'm really surprised here on this forum how some assume they will act differently. Nobody wants to buy the club, and currently these mafioso are all we have, so like it or not theyll be there for a while longer.

They say it is insanity to believe that the insane will act rationally. That is part of what is going on here. There is a clear disconnect between the forums thoughts on how things should be done, and the way Milan actually does them. For a very long time they have operated a certain way, good or bad this is how they do things.

It is not all bad though, it appears Berlu wants to go for a more youth-oriented approach so maybe we wont cry over the losses of auba/gourcuff/paloschi/saponara/el sha/cristante/etc. If anything is worth hoping for, its that the youth graduates keep coming as they do.

As far as coaching goes, I think Miha will probably get the sack when he inevitably crashes with Berlu at some point. Given the slack coaching market, we will probably go for Di Francesco and whatever scrubs he chooses to bring along. I wouldn't mind Sansone one bit. I feel like he will play exactly how Berlu wants, as well as blood more youth playes which cant all be bad. Thankfully Miha taught us how to defend so maybe going forward we will improve.

giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Next on the manager-merry-go-round - Page 2 Empty Re: Next on the manager-merry-go-round

Post by Dante Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:55 pm

Haven't seen you around for a long time Giovanni . Welcome back . I have to agree with you on many things you said . As for our view about the management , hmm , let's say in general lines that , it's not that we don't understand how things are . It's just that many of us don't agree with a lot of it . I get what you say , but believe me we have come to terms with it ages ago .

Criticizing and complaining , or even shitting on them some times , it's not that we expect them to change . It's just something one or the other doesn't agree with , nothing more. Anyway , there's no general line here , we're not a hive . Both good and bad things have been said , both criticism and acknowledgement . Ultimately though , when our struggles just don't go away , you can't help but be quick to judge . Sometimes uncalled for , but hey , who's perfect .

I am saying this as someone who defended the management for a long time , even when i knew at some point things were really messed up . As for Mihajlovic , i share the same thoughts as you . I don't want him sacked , but yeah , we all know who's in charge . It's always on the cards , but yeah , Sinisterovic has already done so much positive work already , we won't start from scratch again . Future might just be positive regardless , but ultimately , let's hope he earns his stay after all is said and done .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:06 pm

How is it not easy to blame management. If they was a yes man coach, they should let that person know ahead of time. It's unacceptable that they can't find someone to manage the club for more than a season or two. Every time we fire someone, it changes the identity of the club. I really don't care who we get, I just want us to start and a project and see it through.

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Thanks for the comments Dante, I've been reading many of these posts for years but have not felt the urge to comment until more recently.

Of course there are both negative and positive aspects to this forum, I think a lot of what I feel too has already been mentioned here. Most posts I find myself in agreement with. Generally speaking, my anger for the management has long since passed.

I remember in 2007 that we had a real chance to build off our success, and that is when I knew Milan were doomed, because of the way they do their business. Berlu and Galliani have won more than any dynasty in their time at the helm, so I really doubted the capacity of these two to actually change their ways.

Very much so I sense the ease with which we demonize them, however. I mean we all tend to forget that if Berlusconi actually had money, we wouldnt be in this situation in the first place. Since our inflated wage crisis, stadium issues, and Berlosconi's personal financial struggle, its easy to see why we have gone down this path. Its simply amazing that we were able to spend the money that we did, and now we appear to have somewhat of a spine. 2-3 class players and we may be a real squad in the not so far away future.

What I see happening is this offseason we focus on 1-2 exspensive players, and then a bunch of young talents on the cheap like el ghazi, kosiello, mammana. Additionally, Miha will get the sack as his goal was to finish third and we wont be doing that. Berlu also recently harked back to nationalism and an all-italian milan, so I definitely see a guy like Di francesco coming in.

If Miha stays were in for a real treat.
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:53 pm

Yes , i remember post 2007 , naive as i was . All i wanted to see was how the new Milan would shape up , what would we do with all our momentum .. Future was bright back then Laughing

Of course , Berlusconi and Galliani won heavily over the years to change their ways , not just like that at least . It's what it is and it has also taken it's toll . They will it or not however , they have in part and will continue to change their ways where they must , since many of their ways are not quite working any longer .

In 2007 , we had just won the Champions League , we had the best player in the world , accompanied by legends and world class players . Almost every player wanted Milan . We almost had everything , all we needed was to capitalize on our well established success . While Juventus had won Serie B . Misery ; but they looked to rebuild .

We're close to 10 years since then . We've had a consistent downfall from the top ever since , and Juventus a steady rise towards it . It's really sad what could have been , and what actually happened . There's little excuse for the club's management , i am sorry to say . It wasn't all that bad as it sounds though , we had some success afterwards as well , which they of course facilitated *and subsequently ruined*. But that's the bigger picture , isn't it . My anger has left me too for some time now , but there are so many regrets , what ifs , and whys .

At this moment in time , like you're saying , we have many things to look forward. And for all the great things they have done for Milan , i am looking forward too . We should be looking forward. We need stability , however . Just like Albertini said , the management needs to stick with the project which had Mihajlovic in it. Believe in it , go with it. We're Milan , we'll always find great players sooner or later , or great young talents ..

There was and is only one way to disrupt this fate , and we've incessantly pursued it ; keep ditching project after project , and coach after coach , losing all sorts of stability . I hope Mihajlovic keeps working well and hopefully finish the season on a high , there's a lot at stake .

This summer will be very important like you said , we could become a really interesting team with some great transfers and obviously keeping our truly best players . Let's see what happens , i think whatever happens with Sinisa we will likely have a lot to look forward come next season , hopefully with Mihajlovic still around . Unfortunately , he will be fighting for his place till the last game .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:18 pm

Galliani asked Zamparini for time before formulating an offer for Vazquez, they must first choose the new coach (Di Francesco's favourite)

Furthermore, Milan's potential offer for Vazqez would be in the vicinity of €15m+a player [@FabrizioRomano].
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:11 am

Unless the player is someone big thats a good offer for Vazquez. He could do so much better than Palermo.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:09 am

I really don't want Mihajlovic to leave but if he does, then I would like either De Francesco or Unai Emery. Emery is my favourite coach in football and he would make the team play beautiful, he also has experience managing at the top level.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by giovanni_milan Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:46 pm

You really know things are dismal when the Unai Emery rumours start to flood in. Hes been linked with us for like a decade but it would be interesting to see his style of play.

If he does try to change our style, he'll probably just get the sack as well. We dont need a creative and stylish manager, only another puppet
giovanni_milan
giovanni_milan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:54 pm

We're going to have 3 managers on the payroll once Sinisa is inevitably sacked, the chances of us getting Emery is slim, i think
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:06 pm

“I’ve never given negative judgments about Mihajlovic, it’s the newspapers that have just copied and pasted,” Berlusconi told Tele Radio Stereo.

“I think that if Milan beat Juventus in the Coppa Italia, he would deserve to stay on as Coach.

“I only complained about seeing a Milan I didn’t like and I don’t know how this is to be attributed to the Coach or the club that didn’t know how to sign the right players. It’s not just Mihajlovic’s fault.”

Berlusconi also on the issue of stadiums in Italy, after Milan had to abandon plans to build a new ground earlier this season.

“I think football clubs must have their own stadiums, with various activities that attract fans seven days a week,” he said.

“I think particularly for Roma and Napoli, where I can’t manage to enjoy myself watching the game given the distance between the stand and the pitch. They need a stadium that is purpose-built for football.”

Some clarification from Berlu.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:36 pm

GDM: Brocchi tops the list for next season's manager, Berlusconi wants him
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:11 pm

Well, on the bright side, in a few seasons we'll have run out of former players turned youth coaches to sack and we can find other ways to ignore Sacchi's personal recommendations. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:53 pm

There can always be 2nd stints, can't wait for Pippo to coach us again after winning the treble with United
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:41 pm

We have resumed contacts with Marco Giampaolo (Sky)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:54 pm

We've made contacts with Montella rofl rofl
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Based Bonera Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:55 pm

ffs
Based Bonera
Based Bonera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:59 pm

Would rather keep Brocchi
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:02 pm

ES wrote:We've made contacts with Montella rofl rofl

Who would you sign ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 pm

Donadoni? de Boer? Anyone not named Montella?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:56 am

It would be unfair to simply judge Montella on his exploits at Sampdoria. He did an excellent job at Catania and Fiorentina that one poor campaign - which was not even a full season - should not erase.

Montella isn't on the top of my wishlist but we could do a lot worse. Like, for instance, Capello, who we're being linked with again. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Montella is going to be the next coach according Di Marzio

https://twitter.com/m1897/status/729295480727998465

Cant wait to finish 8th next season, really excited
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 pm

I highly doubt it will be Montella. Giampolo's name is what is being touted the most and I think he is the favourite at this time
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:08 pm

I was a fan of the football Fiorentina played under Montella. He's probably not the ideal choice, but I do think he's better than some of the criticism he gets.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2