Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

+28
LeSwagg James
chad4401
Adit
The Demon of Carthage
Robespierre
Dante
CBarca
futbol
Luca
rincon
Winter is Coming
jibers
futbol_bill
Valkyrja
Firenze
Bankz
RED
Art Morte
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Mr Nick09
Curtinho
S
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Cruijf
sk3ptical
Lucifer
BarrileteCosmico
32 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Bankz Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:33 pm

So this is a "Best teams in europe thread".. Hmm, I see!

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:01 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Anyways back on topic the issue becomes Neymar's contract. Barca's current wages are at 73% of revenues and the board has to bring them down to 70%. But if United are willing to spend big they can also do that to his contract. So what will Neymar demand to stay, and what can Barça afford?


So is this wage bill percentage a real thing then?
Do Barca need to cut wages?
If that is so, something will have to give.
Because Neymar's renewal will increase the wage bill significantly.

Anyway, IF Barca came into the situation where they would have to sell a star to bring down the wage bill (can't imagine that ever to be a real thing), the choice should be clear.
And it's NOT Neymar, but Messi. Neymar is the future, letting him go in order to keep Messi would be terrible.

The thing I wonder is with regards to your last sentence, the negotiations.
So let's assume Neymar likes it at Barca. He also obviously gets shitloads of money and appreciation.
Does the logic of always trying to get the most out of negotiation really mean that Neymar would force Barca to make tough choices only because else they can't keep him?

Would he really extort the club to the point where they have to sell a teammate?

I never can understand why players would do damage to the overall state of the club just to get a 100% raise instead of a 40% raise. A strong Barca is best for Neymar, obviously.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon
Posts : 34047
Join date : 2013-09-17

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Bankz Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:20 pm

Hans killing it..

Started smoking again perharps? hmm
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2888
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by rincon Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:29 pm

Cruijf wrote: And I don't think Juve could beat Real if they were to play today tbh.


Based on what? hmm
Our recent win over them? our winning run? their rookie coach? or their third place achievement in the league?
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16458
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:03 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:So is this wage bill percentage a real thing then?
Do Barca need to cut wages?
If that is so, something will have to give.
Because Neymar's renewal will increase the wage bill significantly.

Anyway, IF Barca came into the situation where they would have to sell a star to bring down the wage bill (can't imagine that ever to be a real thing), the choice should be clear.
And it's NOT Neymar, but Messi. Neymar is the future, letting him go in order to keep Messi would be terrible.

The thing I wonder is with regards to your last sentence, the negotiations.
So let's assume Neymar likes it at Barca. He also obviously gets shitloads of money and appreciation.
Does the logic of always trying to get the most out of negotiation really mean that Neymar would force Barca to make tough choices only because else they can't keep him?

Would he really extort the club to the point where they have to sell a teammate?

I never can understand why players would do damage to the overall state of the club just to get a 100% raise instead of a 40% raise. A strong Barca is best for Neymar, obviously.
I'm not 100% sure the wage thing is real or just advised, but the ratio of debt/EBITDA is over the legal limit established by the board so there needs to be some sort of adjustment at some point. The Jersey deal won't expire for another 2 years and I'm not sure where the Qatar Airways negotiations are but I don't expect a huge bump there either. The new collective TV deal will see them basically keep that portion of the revenue flat while everyone else increases.

So it looks like MSN might not be sustainable. Especially since they just bumped up Messi.

Neymar has 2.5 years left on his contract so he needs to be renewed this summer, and his transfer clause is just high enough that some teams are able to reach for it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Lucifer Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Listen.

Barca
.
.
.
.
.
.
Bayern
.
.
Juve
.
.
Shit
.
.
.
.
Madrid.
.
.
Justin Bieber
.
.
.
.psg

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8401
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Cruijf Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:37 pm

rincon wrote:
Cruijf wrote: And I don't think Juve could beat Real if they were to play today tbh.


Based on what? hmm
Our recent win over them? our winning run? their rookie coach? or their third place achievement in the league?

Of course it would be a tight game, I just get the feeling Real would have the edge. Despite Juve's winning streak the only two good teams they've played since their revival have been Roma and Inter. They weren't convincing at all against Roma, and I think the fact even we beat Inter 3-0 shows how much stock you should put in that result. Real on the other hand are unbeaten under Zidane, Benzema's in the form of his life, and seem to be back on the up. Tbh though I admit this is a close call, we'll know more just how good Juve is when they play Napoli and more importantly Bayern.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3915
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Luca Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:42 pm

Cruijf wrote:
rincon wrote:
Cruijf wrote: And I don't think Juve could beat Real if they were to play today tbh.


Based on what? hmm
Our recent win over them? our winning run? their rookie coach? or their third place achievement in the league?

Of course it would be a tight game, I just get the feeling Real would have the edge. Despite Juve's winning streak the only two good teams they've played since their revival have been Roma and Inter. They weren't convincing at all against Roma, and I think the fact even we beat Inter 3-0 shows how much stock you should put in that result. Real on the other hand are unbeaten under Zidane, Benzema's in the form of his life, and seem to be back on the up. Tbh though I admit this is a close call, we'll know more just how good Juve is when they play Napoli and more importantly Bayern.


I must have forgotten all of the powerhouses Real Madrid beat under Zidane
Really trying hard to downplay what Juventus did based on the quality of their opposition, while highlighting what Real did against... equally weak opposition?

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 14135
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Cruijf Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:44 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Cruijf wrote:Agreed Bayern are so overrated, they definitely didn't smash Arsenal 5-1 or walk their cl group playing some of the best football in Europe (:
 right because a team that hasnt played a CL semi or final and only won 2 FA cups in the past 10 years is european football reference, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight smdh

And "best" football lmao, as if such a thing exist


Do I need to remind you how easily Barca demolished you? Laughing

Like it or not Real is not on par with the best teams in the world, they're a level below Barca and Bayern. To know exactly how good Bayern is of course we'd have to see them play Barca but judging from what they've done this season I don't know what's so outlandish about putting them up there. Unlike Real they've swept aside everyone in front of them with relative ease.

Tbh though rankings like these are naturally very dubious, subjective, and inconclusive. You simply can't compare two teams in different competitions unless they play each other. I'm basically assuming that because Bayern has played well this season and have a good team on paper they're better than Real who has been embarrassed numerous times this season, albeit against better opposition than Bayern has faced.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3915
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:46 pm

Unbeaten under Zidane Laughing They have played against Depor, Sporting Gijon, Betis and Espanyol. None of these are challenging teams in La Liga. I just can't see them making it very far in the CL with such a weak midfield. Carlo was a genius for making it work without a clear DM, but I don't think Zidane will be able to pull it off. They'll get past Roma because they're Roma, but the first good team they face in the CL will be their last.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Cruijf Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:49 pm

Funny you say that BC, Barca tied against both Deportivo and Espanyol.

the first good team they face in the CL will be their last.

Everyone was saying the same thing about Barca last season and look what happened. It's simply impossible to judge for sure how good teams are when you have such varied data on them. The only thing you can go by is educated guesses based on form, general level of play, and ability on paper. On those criterion I see Madrid beating Juve and losing to Bayern but again this is all guesswork.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3915
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by futbol Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:50 pm

United can have Douglas. Maybe we throw in Montoya and a signed Neymar jersey on top of it as a gift.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11254
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Cruijf Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:50 pm

Signed Neymar jersey Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 3915
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:52 pm

Sure Cruijf but Espanyol vs Barça and vs Real are very different animals. In any case I don't rate Enrique either.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by rincon Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:19 pm

Cruijf wrote:Funny you say that BC, Barca tied against both Deportivo and Espanyol.

the first good team they face in the CL will be their last.

Everyone was saying the same thing about Barca last season and look what happened. It's simply impossible to judge for sure how good teams are when you have such varied data on them. The only thing you can go by is educated guesses based on form, general level of play, and ability on paper. On those criterion I see Madrid beating Juve and losing to Bayern but again this is all guesswork.


Who was saying that about Barca last season? they looked the scariest team in europe and were favorites to win the whole thing.

Zidane is as unproven as they come, and they tied against betis. They have huge quality, after Barca and Bayern I'd place them in a group with Juve, PSG and Atleti. But their team, as usual, just doesn't work at the highest level. Im with BC, first big team they face they are out.

You can blast your way through small teams when the quality gap is so large, but against the best teams you need to function properly.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 16458
Join date : 2012-06-07

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by jibers Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:23 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:So is this wage bill percentage a real thing then?
Do Barca need to cut wages?
If that is so, something will have to give.
Because Neymar's renewal will increase the wage bill significantly.

Anyway, IF Barca came into the situation where they would have to sell a star to bring down the wage bill (can't imagine that ever to be a real thing), the choice should be clear.
And it's NOT Neymar, but Messi. Neymar is the future, letting him go in order to keep Messi would be terrible.

The thing I wonder is with regards to your last sentence, the negotiations.
So let's assume Neymar likes it at Barca. He also obviously gets shitloads of money and appreciation.
Does the logic of always trying to get the most out of negotiation really mean that Neymar would force Barca to make tough choices only because else they can't keep him?

Would he really extort the club to the point where they have to sell a teammate?

I never can understand why players would do damage to the overall state of the club just to get a 100% raise instead of a 40% raise. A strong Barca is best for Neymar, obviously.
I'm not 100% sure the wage thing is real or just advised, but the ratio of debt/EBITDA is over the legal limit established by the board so there needs to be some sort of adjustment at some point. The Jersey deal won't expire for another 2 years and I'm not sure where the Qatar Airways negotiations are but I don't expect a huge bump there either. The new collective TV deal will see them basically keep that portion of the revenue flat while everyone else increases.

So it looks like MSN might not be sustainable. Especially since they just bumped up Messi.

Neymar has 2.5 years left on his contract so he needs to be renewed this summer, and his transfer clause is just high enough that some teams are able to reach for it.


Also if the board go over the limit they have to resign.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10246
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Lucifer Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:24 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote: In any case I don't rate Enrique either.

Baiting Futbol I suppose hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8401
Join date : 2015-06-16
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by futbol Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:12 am

I forgive him. BC is bitter because the Argentine Patata failed hard at Barca as well as Argentina and the current Argentine GOAT coach Simeone has become Enriquelona's punching bag.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle
Posts : 11254
Join date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:55 am

Jibers yeah they can't sustain superior levels for 2 years, and they've already gone over for one year.

futbol I have moved on to Pochegoat :bow: (whom I didn't rate at Espanyol, so credit to Nick for sticking to him back then)
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Doc Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:25 am

Pirloisjesus wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Listen.

Barca
.
.
.
.
.
.
Bayern
.
.
Juve
.
.
Shit
.
.
.
.
Madrid.
.
.
Justin Bieber
.
.
.
.psg

I thought you were one of Futbol's protegees? What is this poverty attempt of a post. Pls, up your game man. Bankz already has Dishmar.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 15967
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 37

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:10 am

lmao at the thought of Neymar going to United. If this is a post about like, Juventus or Bayern offering to activate his clause or something, I would think maybe there is a chance of some sort.

United rofl
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20401
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Dante Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:39 am

Heh? What's actually funny is that you think United has 0 chance and the other two would have some , when it's actually the exact opposite .
.

Of the clubs you mentioned , it's only Manchester United that could actually go through with this , exactly because they have the means to do so. The other two don't even have a budget of 190m ; let alone for one player . Bayern and Juventus have literally 0 chance whatsoever to sign Neymar , simply because they don't even have the money to begin with . In Bayern's case , even if they did , they still wouldn't , not for 190m .

Having that said , frankly with Guardiola at City , let's not even speak about Neymar's quote about how he would love to work with him , it all makes City the most likely destination for Neymar , if he ever is to leave Barcelona. And if it ever becomes a case this summer , it will be City for Neymar , one way or the other .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by S Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:59 am

I was just thinking about City the other day.

They already landed one of the famous football figures in the world right now in Guardiola.
They have also collaborated with the Chinese who have reportedly purchased a 13% stake in the club.Now that's a big market to tap.

Thinking about it,a world class superstar signing like Neymar could absolutely launch their brand to the elite and perhaps establish themselves as the no.1 brand in England going forward.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28517
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Robespierre Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:33 am

Moratti would have signed him in '97 (:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 17194
Join date : 2013-11-22
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Dante Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:38 am

Guardiola wanted Neymar at Bayern , iirc .
Neymar would like to play for Guardiola (eventually*) , going by his words at least.
City more than have the money for Neymar , and very legit reasons to go with it too.
Neymar would also earn insane money , and him being the absolute super star of PL wouldn't be that bad a scenario if he ever left Barcelona.

Honestly , the moment Barcelona gives the ok , this is probably happening . I don't know why they should , or would , or if they will this summer anyway ; but to me it's almost obvious if Barcelona ever agree to sell Neymar , it will be for City .

I am not saying i am expecting Neymar to leave . I just think if he one day Barcelona says yes to an offer , it will be City's offer , it is the only club that can please both parties adequately . I mean even if United do offer 190m for Neymar , City can always offer more. And you can be sure they will offer just about anything if Neymar is to go to the highest bidder .

It's all up to Barcelona really , i am sure they will do anything in their power to prevent any of this , however in the unlikely case they would have to sell Neymar for whatever reason , by all means it will be City imho , it's almost certain when you think about it.

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 5460
Join date : 2011-07-09
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by S Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:57 am

I don't think Barça can do much about it if the clause is triggered.Neymar only has to agree to join them and it's done.Barça will have to forcefully accept this transfer.

Also much depends on how City fare in CL this yr.If they reach semis or maybe even an unlikely final, maybe it wouldn't be that big of a stepdown for a player like Neymar.
Coaches have big pull these days either way.

Not that I am hating on Barça but just how many people are enjoying 2-3 teams dominate Europe's prime competition ? I just don't like the fact that these days, all the best talent in the world is spread across 1-2 teams and for this reason I welcome EPL and PSG money.
Speaking as a neutral, I watch football for competitiveness more than entertainment and it's just boring to see one team stack up all the best talent in the world and dominate.
As a Juventus fan, I'm obviously getting more than what I expect but as a football fan, the sport has become monotonous and boring.Well, atleast EPL is here to save the day.

Thanks FFP.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 28517
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause - Page 3 Empty Re: Neymar's Dad: United have offered to activate Neymar's 190m € transfer clause

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum