Casciavit
Robespierre
VivaStPauli
sportsczy
rwo power
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Breaking News: Germany vs Netherlands cancelled - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Germany vs Netherlands cancelled

Post by Robespierre Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:26 pm

Atm noone know nothing , hoping it will be nothing.
tbf even in that case it'd be worrying if there is the obsessive fear even in a coutnry usually emotionally balanced as Germany ..
Countries as my Italy are much more inclined to succumb towards the fear, there are some places here where you can't go to school etc if it rains because of some
flood in past ...
And this 'd be a side effect of terrorism who 'g victory to Isis.
but anyway ... we are humans , the retake will be clearly slow , if it will reveal to be a fake alert , it is a further taste of it.
After all we are in war , in a generalized war, and there are no rules in it.
Then Germany had a bomb threat in Paris and the kamikaze wanted to do the massacre at stadium ...

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Breaking News: Germany vs Netherlands cancelled - Page 2 Empty Re: Breaking News: Germany vs Netherlands cancelled

Post by Robespierre Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:31 pm

Art Morte wrote:Yeah. I just find it a little amusing how fast rumours spread when people are ready to believe them.

Hopefully there won't be any more cancellations of events and things start getting back to normal.

It wasn't reported by a janitor cleaning , but from popular newspapers as Bild in Germany so it's enough normal ppl is inclined to believe about it..
then after Paris, the 11 September for the France-Europe, is easy fear the worst . If the medias facilitate it then ...
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:45 pm

Just because officials denied it doestn mean it is not true. In the next sentence he even said he cant tell details about the threat because it could cause panic among the german population.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:49 pm

Fantastic job by the authorities sniff to out the threats whatever magnitude they were. Feels like watching a movie, not real life.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:19 pm

Yeah, from the press conference with de Maizière,  my impression was that they possibly have found something really bad, but as they managed to take out the danger without anyone getting hurt or killed, they just don't want to tell so that people don't realize that the extent of that danger was bigger than expected.

Moreover, it appeared to me that they wanted to make sure that the terrorists won't get any new ideas, so it was possibly something that could be used as a blueprint and then maybe with more success if there would no be any new warning.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:29 pm

Breaking News: Germany vs Netherlands cancelled - Page 2 Proxy

The Hannover stadium empty with the peace sign
It will be one of evocative image of the year
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:39 pm

rwo power wrote:Yeah, from the press conference with de Maizière,  my impression was that they possibly have found something really bad, but as they managed to take out the danger without anyone getting hurt or killed, they just don't want to tell so that people don't realize that the extent of that danger was bigger than expected.

Moreover, it appeared to me that they wanted to make sure that the terrorists won't get any new ideas, so it was possibly something that could be used as a blueprint and then maybe with more success if there would no be any new warning.

where can i find it ?
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:40 am

Terrible decision IMO.

Either tell the people what you've found and why it's been canceled, or don't cancel it.

Don't go in public with diffuse talk of a 'threat situation for all of Hannover' without giving any specifics whatsoever.

Because this is basically fear mongering and nothing more.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:58 am

Robespierre wrote:where can i find it ?
It was on TV here - I'm sorry, I didn't exactly look which channel it was on as I was channel hopping between ZDF, N-TV, SSNHD and some others -_- So I guess it should have been one of them.

@Hans
You know I really fear they might have put together a dirty bomb or something like that, and if that would be the case I could understand them keeping this as silent as possible.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:24 am

I don't understand the logic in cancelling an event then tell ppl you can't confirm anything because it'll create wide spread panic......... Everyone is already panicking! Also By not telling ppl the truth, the media and random fodders on twitter will just report false info which will also add fuel to the fire.
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:04 am

i understand not revealing information too soon. true it affects the mindset of people, but remember they are also carrying out investigations and looking to make arrests, revealing too much to the public could foil planned arrests and raids. we have to exercise some patience and let the defense authorities do their work as best they can. in the coming hours or days, depending on the progress they make with respect to arrests and finding those potentially responsible, they'll reveal what exactly happened. good on them to cancel the game, alert people, and take such threats very seriously. better safe than sorry
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:44 am

titosantill wrote:i understand not revealing information too soon. true it affects the mindset of people, but remember they are also carrying out investigations and looking to make arrests, revealing too much to the public could foil planned arrests and raids. we have to exercise some patience and let the defense authorities do their work as best they can. in the coming hours or days, depending on the progress they make with respect to arrests and finding those potentially responsible, they'll reveal what exactly happened. good on them to cancel the game, alert people, and take such threats very seriously. better safe than sorry

There are good reasons not to reveal too much but de Maizière saying he doesn't want to tell anything partly because it would cause panic isn't one  Laughing
Seems all they found in the end is a fake bomb in a train though it's a very good fake according to the police.
They actually said it's such a good fake that they are not sure it's a fake at all hmm rofl (but it was a fake in the end, no worries)

Anyway it's somewhat worrying that the game had to be called of even after all the preperation work done by the police. I can understand why they did it, but if they couldn't make sure this game would go through I wonder if they can ever make sure a game will be played.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:54 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:Terrible decision IMO.

Either tell the people what you've found and why it's been canceled, or don't cancel it.

Don't go in public with diffuse talk of a 'threat situation for all of Hannover' without giving any specifics whatsoever.

Because this is basically fear mongering and nothing more.

There would be a lot more fear if the situation they diffused was extreme. Hypothetically, if people were told that the police just foiled a terrorist plan to explode the entire stadium, there would be mayhem.

The match cancellation and the police statements have barely registered in the international press. If they went public with info about the threat, you can bet everyone would be talking about it and there would be opportunistic people who will exploit the situation.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:20 am

At least one positive thing about the jihad, they are canceling stupid international friendlies because of it. Laughing
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:36 am

free_cat wrote:At least one positive thing about the jihad, they are canceling stupid international friendlies because of it. Laughing
You are acting like there won't be any possible threat for club games.
Look at what this has created.People would be afraid to come to stadiums regardless of who plays.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:44 am

Isis & Me, hating international football since 1983.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:01 am

If it aids the investigation it's totally fine to withhold information.

But when it doesn't any more, people deserve to know what's the situation. "You're going to panic if I tell you the truth" is bs. People deserve to have the information to make their own decisions. Otherwise there are just going to be rumours that escalate. Finally, it's also about trust in the authorities. If the people feel they're not being told the truth, they start losing their trust in the authorities and that's the worst.

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:45 am

@free_cat: I understand you try to sound funny, but in my eyes you failed.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:54 am

rwo power wrote:@free_cat: I understand you try to sound funny, but in my eyes you failed.
Well, you can't fail if you don't try!
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:57 am

You know, I'm pretty torn about the cancellation of this match. Of course it is important to protect people and save lives, but unfortunately it also gave the signal how easy it is to call off such events.

I fear that those Daesh slaughterers now will use this success to try and disrupt the top leagues in Europe as they well know how important football is for the people here and that they thus manage to spread more of their joyless way of life and terror here, too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:04 am

Freeza wrote:Even the terrorists dislike NT friendlies.
Laughing Sorry, didn't see the joke had been done already.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:40 am

@zigra, they can and will make sure games are played. it will mean beefing up security to extreme conditions, and who knows, it could also lead to banning of other things like flares and lasers (very minor compared to a bomb threat) anyway they whether fake or not, they had to take major precautions after yesterday's attacks. also, they can state whatever excuse as to why they don't want to reveal information, whatever excuse they state could just be a decoy not to say "hey we're carrying out investigations and we don't want any leaks, nor alerting culprits about what we know or don't know"...in these instances, especially as nobody has been hurt, its best to just stay patient and let law enforcement work
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:36 pm

De Maiziere is a terrible, terrible person, and it's frightening and depressing to realize that this kind of person is in a huge leadership positions in such difficult, serious and complicated times. No
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:25 pm

"Hey honey, do you not love me anymore?"

"Uhm... my answer could cause you to panic, so let's leave it ambiguous"
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:De Maiziere is a terrible, terrible person, and it's frightening and depressing to realize that this kind of person is in a huge leadership positions in such difficult, serious and complicated times. No

I've read comments about the fact he was capable to create panic in 30 seconds with that conference
I can watch ZDF  (the channel to broadcast UCL matches hmm ) ,  Das Erste, BVN and I believe to have seen him talking on 1st but I understood nothing ( despite I'm trying to learn smoking ) . But I trust about these comments .. I hope it has to do with his "negative attitude " simply..
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2