farfan
Myesyats
BarrileteCosmico
Lucifer
free_cat
60 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2015 Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2015 Thread

Post by RealGunner Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:36 am

Lahm says that there's no way players and coaches from all 209 countries have done an extensive analysis on all candidates. "So instead they vote for those they have noticed the most. The most visible, noticeable players, not necessarily the best."
"The award is an attacker's award anyway, as the history of winners shows. It shouldn't be a marketing award."

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2015 Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2015 Thread

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Where he's right, he's right. Most voters seem to go for the number of goals only, it seems. IMO you could call the Ballon d'Or a gilded Pichichi. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:53 pm

Best players of best teams in world are bound to get more noticed imo. Whats wrong with that? As to defenders not winning it that's fair point but I don't seem to know any defender who on his own helped team to win major trophies.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:56 pm

Well, if there were no defenders, but only strikers, would such a team be able to win any trophies? Or if you would play without a goalkeeper?

Lahm gave the suggestion I'm always ranting about: Please make the Ballon d'Or 4 trophies (one for GKs, one for defenders, one for midfielders and one for strikers), plus make the votes secret, so that the voters don't feel pressured to vote for their buddies.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:04 pm

I didn't mean to say defenders don't matter, its that defending is dependent on collective effort contrary to say forwards who rely on individual brilliance more

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:16 pm

But then you could single out goalies, too, as their saves often show fantastic individual brilliance, too. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:18 pm

Who cares?
GL admirably seems to care less, as this thread is shorter than they were in recent years.

Everyone knows the huge problems with this award, so again, who cares.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:19 pm

Aka everyone participating gets an award.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:25 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Who cares?
GL admirably seems to care less, as this thread is shorter than they were in recent years.

I hope that doesn't have to do with the reduced activity on this forum Rolling Eyes

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Everyone knows the huge problems with this award, so again, who cares.

It's also because everyone knew who would win as in it was a non-contest compared to previous yrs=less fanboy posts.
None here was vouching for Cristiano or Neymar due to how one sided this contest was.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:01 pm

I opted to shun this BDO due to Gigi being omitted. :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:06 pm

This award is a cancer, it has no place existing in what is meant to be a team based sport.

If people really feel the need to have individual awards, then there should be individual awards for all 4 positions to avoid this ridiculous striker bias.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:14 pm

All team sports have individual awards lol.

Problem here it's voted on by the players and coaches who quite clearly don't watch as many games as they should and not the media who are paid to watch and analyse like every other sport does.

I mean Mascherano was voted first place on the votes rofl He's not even a sure starter for his own *bleep* club ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Jan 12, 2016 2:16 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:All team sports have individual awards lol.

Problem here it's voted on by the players and coaches who quite clearly don't watch as many games as they should and not the media who are paid to watch and analyse like every other sport does.

I mean Mascherano was voted first place on the votes rofl He's not even a sure starter for his own *bleep* club ffs.
Problem here's is that media also is owned by corporations, and people like Perez has too much power in there, and can affect results, or even change the rules after the competition.

I would opt for awards given by statistics analyse, difficulty, titles and importance, governed by Harmonica. There would be the most unbiased and most logically correct results every time.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:48 pm

I also thought Messi would win it, after all, I always prefer a goal that requires 'multiple' steps to score rather than a one off technique, which Lira's was, Messi's was just more difficult to pull off. Messi has yet to win a Pukas award, unbelievable!

And why didnt Luis Enrique or Neuer show anyone know?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Full disclaimer: Really didn't think Ronaldo would have gotten that many percentage of votes. Really, really thought Neymar and Messi would have swept the top 2 spots with the bulk of the votes.

I obviously thought wrong.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:26 pm

Harmonica wrote:

Problem here's is that media also is owned by corporations, and people like Perez has too much power in there, and can affect results, or even change the rules after the competition.

I would opt for awards given by statistics analyse, difficulty, titles and importance, governed by Harmonica. There would be the most unbiased and most logically correct results every time.

This guy. Laughing
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:35 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I also thought Messi would win it, after all, I always prefer a goal that requires 'multiple' steps to score rather than a one off technique, which Lira's was, Messi's was just more difficult to pull off. Messi has yet to win a Pukas award, unbelievable!

Neuer is on a training camp in Qatar. Luis Enrique for personal reasons I guess.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:49 pm

Harmonica wrote:

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/Smileys/default/tqHARym.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Popping in for a second time to reiterate my insistence that this award is more of a farce than farcefan and the fact that Barcalearning's mancrush got 2nd is a testament to that fact
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:14 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2607282-cristiano-ronaldo-statue-vandalised-after-lionel-messi-wins-2015-ballon-dor?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Harmonica has gone too far this time IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:51 pm

smh Harmonica you thug
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:15 am

BarcaLearning wrote:I also thought Messi would win it, after all, I always prefer a goal that requires 'multiple' steps to score rather than a one off technique, which Lira's was, Messi's was just more difficult to pull off. Messi has yet to win a Pukas award, unbelievable!

i thought jonathan calleri should have won for best goal
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11