The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

+75
BAYERN_MUNICH
dostoevsky
Pedram
Wor Ayoze
Rebaño Sagrado
jibers
Winter is Coming
adamdar
Jonathan28
guest_07
la bestia negra
Adit
_LMG_10_
Deja Vu
Mr Nick09
neuro11
Footyfan
EarlyPrototype
Magic Spray
Dante
Pip
Kuru
Forza
Collblanc
titosantill
Robespierre
FilthyLuca
BORUSSIA!!
LeVersacci
izzy
MaraVilla
Kick
CarloGOAL
fatman123
LeSwagg James
Arquitecto
Freeza
ronalessi
Lord Awesome
Curtinho
sportsczy
Harmonica
zigra
Be/\/ceCALI
Cruijf
RealGunner
M99
Onyx
Rossoneri Ninja
Hapless_Hans
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Doc
McAgger
DuringTheWar
futbol
FennecFox7
chad4401
LeBéninois
Ganso
Gil
FalcaoPunch
lszanto
farfan
rwo power
terrance511
Donuts
Kaladin
BarrileteCosmico
Zealous
Valkyrja
Casciavit
halamadrid2
Bankz
harhar11
BarcaLearning
79 posters

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:26 pm

I think this year Ballon D'or is more open in general since there has really been one team that dominated, club or country. Add to that Messi's drop in his level slightly, together with new younger players rising, meaning more players to be in with a chance, if not for the top prize, the bronze or the top 5, 10, etc., since that should be the top performer Ronaldo as much as I hate to see, but he deserves it.

Anyway, it was also a WC year, there were a lot of top performers but weight must go to the winner and teams that went far of cos, these players would for me include Muller, Gotze, Kros, Lahm, Messi, Di Maria, Robben, Neymar.

From club, there are also many, like Ronaldo, Bale, Aguero, Costa, etc.

Overall I think its much more than just Messi and Ronaldo nowadays. And though Im sad to see Messi dip this 'early' considering his age, one cant deny or do anything about it, its good to see so many younger players coming up. Ive been delighted about Neymar as his been amazing for Barca I think and sometimes even out shinning Messi. Bale has also been like that for Real.

There must some players that i've missed, and wondering what everyone thinks about the top performers this year and what will the top 3 or 5 or 10 be like for the Ballon D'or votes?
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 9134
Join date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by harhar11 Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:55 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:I think this year Ballon D'or is more open in general since there has really been one team that dominated, club or country. Add to that Messi's drop in his level slightly, together with new younger players rising, meaning more players to be in with a chance, if not for the top prize, the bronze or the top 5, 10, etc., since that should be the top performer Ronaldo as much as I hate to see, but he deserves it.

Anyway, it was also a WC year, there were a lot of top performers but weight must go to the winner and teams that went far of cos, these players would for me include Muller, Gotze, Kros, Lahm, Messi, Di Maria, Robben, Neymar.

From club, there are also many, like Ronaldo, Bale, Aguero, Costa, etc.

Overall I think its much more than just Messi and Ronaldo nowadays. And though Im sad to see Messi dip this 'early' considering his age, one cant deny or do anything about it, its good to see so many younger players coming up. Ive been delighted about Neymar as his been amazing for Barca I think and sometimes even out shinning Messi. Bale has also been like that for Real.

There must some players that i've missed, and wondering what everyone thinks about the top performers this year and what will the top 3 or 5 or 10 be like for the Ballon D'or votes?


I would put him in the club category instead of the WC, as he quite an underwhelming tournament.

And was Götze all that in the WC? I seem to remember that he was used more as a sub, no?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 3646
Join date : 2011-06-11

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:02 pm

Putting the WC performances and current form into consideration. Top 5 in no particular order. Ronaldo (la decima, spanish cup, top form, top scorer last season), messi (for obvious reasons, world cup run, second top scorer last season, top form behind cr7), neymar (in blistering form just behind freaks cr7 & messi, great world cup influence, a record 15 international goals in 13 games in a calender year and counting), suarez (third best player last season), robben (great world cup, bundesliga title, and just a feeling he'll be there. lol). Bottom 5. Ibra (no world cup appearance and injuries otherwise, ligue 1, fourth best player last season), costa (spanish league, fantastic last season, in blistering form currently), neuer (world cup winner, best keeper), di maria (la decima), bale (well, was instrumental in la decima and spanish cup)..my top 3 however would be 1.cr7 2.messi 3. Neymar if things remain as they are..it's just my own opinion and can be debated reasonably.


Last edited by Bankz on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2888
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:04 pm

It's clearly going to go to Ronaldo but my top 10 would be:

Ronaldo
Robben
Messi
DiMaria
Muller
Neuer
Costa
Ibra
Suarez
Modric
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 25207
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Casciavit Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:12 pm

Honestly, I don't think it will be that close. Last year was close, this year CR seems like the front runner.

Top 3 will be CR, Messi and Robben.

I think CR will win, but he was crap in the WC. However, in 2010 it didn't seem like the WC mattered that much, so I'm not sure if the same will apply this year.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 9487
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:56 pm

Ronaldo and Messi will be the first 2. That's clear and will stay that way for a few more years. The 3rd, like always a random player who had a great year.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:03 pm

A bit cheeky but I think Neuer will get into the top three ahead of Robben/Messi.

This is CR's award though unless something ridiculous happens.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:06 pm

Would give it to Neuer since it's a WC year and he was their best player, but it's probably going to go to Ronaldo.

Ideally:

1. Neuer
2. Ronaldo
3. Costa
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:12 pm

Lol at people believing neuer would make the top 3. It's 2012 all over again as with casillas..1.ronaldo 2.messi 3. Suarez/neymar/costa for me. If everything stays thesame, but if one of neymar/messi/costa gets into some kind of freak form then expect a surprise. U heard it here first.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2888
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:16 pm

Neuer ? He wasn't even the best GK in the WC and flopped against us in the CL. Can't compare with Iker's Euro and his overall performances in the 11-12 season. Courtois was by far the best GK last season.


Last edited by Valkyrja on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Kaladin Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:20 pm

Ignazio Abate.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 24585
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:21 pm

1. Ignazio
2. Abate
3. Ronaldo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:36 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Would give it to Neuer since it's a WC year and he was their best player, but it's probably going to go to Ronaldo.

Ideally:

1. Neuer
2. Ronaldo
3. Costa


lmao in what universe is that "ideal" Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Would give it to Neuer since it's a WC year and he was their best player, but it's probably going to go to Ronaldo.

Ideally:

1. Neuer
2. Ronaldo
3. Costa


lmao in what universe is that "ideal" Laughing

well it's slightly ideal because in terms of trophies
world cup > champions league > league > league cup
neuer won the world cup AND league
Ronaldo won the champions league an copa del rey
Costa won the league and was runner up in champions league

but this isn't only about trophies its combined with performances + popularity contest
1) ronaldo has all three
2) a german has 2/3 of those
3) messi has performance + popularity


Last edited by Donuts on Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Bankz Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Would give it to Neuer since it's a WC year and he was their best player, but it's probably going to go to Ronaldo.

Ideally:

1. Neuer
2. Ronaldo
3. Costa


lmao in what universe is that "ideal" Laughing
lol. This
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 2888
Join date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Zealous wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Would give it to Neuer since it's a WC year and he was their best player, but it's probably going to go to Ronaldo.

Ideally:

1. Neuer
2. Ronaldo
3. Costa


lmao in what universe is that "ideal" Laughing


He's Argentinian and knows Messi doesn't deserve it this year. Hence, Ronaldo shouldn't win it.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:51 pm

Was Neuer Germany's best player though? Why does he deserve to be singled out? If Ronaldo was born in Berlin he would have won the world cup too, or are you saying that Herr Manuel could have won it playing with Eder and co?

Either way Ronaldo is heads and shoulders above anyone else right now, it's his award unless something drastic happens.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Zealous wrote:Was Neuer Germany's best player though? Why does he deserve to be singled out? If Ronaldo was born in Berlin he would have won the world cup too, or are you saying that Herr Manuel could have won it playing with Eder and co?

Either way Ronaldo is heads and shoulders above anyone else right now, it's his award unless something drastic happens.

He was one of the most popular names in the world cup though and also won the golden gloves + a likable person
the ballon d'or lately has been a mix of just flavor of the month + performances + trophies + likability
Neuer fits the bill majority of the time
but i think we all agree ronaldo will probably win it, unless messi scores 8 goals in one game shortly before the voting.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5710
Join date : 2012-06-27
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Zealous Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:56 pm

There's no "probably" here, Ronaldo is winning this.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 16098
Join date : 2011-08-01

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:57 pm

I'd say Neuer was Germany's best player, it's pretty obvious in my opinion. He pulled in great match after another and especially against Algeria he prevented them from an early exit. Of the outfield players none of them distinguished themselves from the rest, other than Oezil who was noticeably the worst outfield player in almost every match.

Anyways, it's not going to happen as he's a GK. But if it were my award to give I would give it to him.

(Note that I said the same thing after Messi received the WC golden ball, so this is not a "har har this way Ronaldo doesn't get it" thing).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 28302
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Valkyrja Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:03 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I'd say Neuer was Germany's best player, it's pretty obvious in my opinion. He pulled in great match after another and especially against Algeria he prevented them from an early exit. Of the outfield players none of them distinguished themselves from the rest, other than Oezil who was noticeably the worst outfield player in almost every match.

Anyways, it's not going to happen as he's a GK. But if it were my award to give I would give it to him.

(Note that I said the same thing after Messi received the WC golden ball, so this is not a "har har this way Ronaldo doesn't get it" thing).


He should have got a red in the final though.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 11355
Join date : 2011-11-10

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by terrance511 Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:03 pm

highly likely will go like this

ronaldo
messi
robben

but my personal pick
ronaldo
neuer
dimaria
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Posts : 1299
Join date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by rwo power Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Valkyrja wrote:He should have got a red in the final though.
Nope.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by farfan Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:53 pm

why is this even a debate ? might as well give ronaldo the award right now .

but just like last year with ribery , i'm looking forward to seeing messi fans / ronaldo haters rallying behind somebody else to win it Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City
Posts : 5687
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by lszanto Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:31 pm

farfan wrote:why is this even a debate ? might as well give ronaldo the award right now .

but just like last year with ribery , i'm looking forward to seeing messi fans / ronaldo haters rallying behind somebody else to win it Laughing


WC year, usually influences the result. Ronaldo was beyond awful at the world cup and it could easily cost him the award.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians
Posts : 3354
Join date : 2011-07-24

Back to top Go down

The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread Empty Re: The Official Balon d'Or 2014 Thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 42 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum