Art Morte
Doc
Kick
Freeza
FennecFox7
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Riyad Mahrez and Dimiti Payet - GL's unsung heroes Empty Riyad Mahrez and Dimiti Payet - GL's unsung heroes

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:32 am

The fact that I rarely see these two names confirms already what I knew; hype defines a player on GL, not actual quality. Why has no one been talking about these two players? Absolutely have raped the PL sideways so far
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Riyad Mahrez and Dimiti Payet - GL's unsung heroes Empty Re: Riyad Mahrez and Dimiti Payet - GL's unsung heroes

Post by Freeza Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:44 am

They're wildly praised every matchday in chat.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Riyad Mahrez and Dimiti Payet - GL's unsung heroes Empty Re: Riyad Mahrez and Dimiti Payet - GL's unsung heroes

Post by Kick Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:47 am

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38328-riyad-mahrez-appriciation-thread?highlight=mahrez

http://www.goallegacy.net/t38178-mahrez-for-poty?highlight=mahrez

Mahrez is getting appreciation, Payet, too, but to a lesser extent.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:28 am

Payet always gets mentioned in the BPL thread by at least 2 posters and I think he is starting to be a mainstay in people's fantasy teams.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:37 am

If the OP thinks these two don't get recognised enough - although, like pointed out, have been mentioned quite a few times - then the player he should have had there even more is Jamie Vardy. Top of the scoring chart by three goals while playing for Leicester.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:40 am

Michu comes to mind.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:53 pm

Regarding Vardy? Why? Totally different sort of players. Kane would be a better comparison to Vardy hmm
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:57 pm

I agree with Art Mahrez and Payet have good recognition here while noone talks about Vardy
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:25 pm

Payet was already a very good player before joining West Ham. Hence why I am still surprised he went to West Ham. He can easily do better and could have gone to a club like Everton, Spurs or Liverpool in EPL while Sevilla, Milan, BMG could have made good uses of him elsewhere.

Obviously getting enough money here though so i guess he isn't bothered much.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:45 pm

RealGunner wrote:Payet was already a very good player before joining West Ham. Hence why I am still surprised he went to West Ham. He can easily do better and could have gone to a club like Everton, Spurs or Liverpool in EPL while Sevilla, Milan, BMG could have made good uses of him elsewhere.

Obviously getting enough money here though so i guess he isn't bothered much.

I think this highlights how poor the scouting is in spite of all the money in the EPL. You have guys like Payet, Wijnaldum, Ayew, Tadic, Cabaye, Mané, Gomis, Lens going to these mid-table clubs while a lot of the bigger clubs would have done well to sign these players.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:57 pm

I'll be honest, I knew more about Payet from FIFA 15. Loved playing as France and he was always the best CAM for me there. I can't see him staying at West Ham if keeps performing like this consistently till the end of the season. He will be a great solution for the CAM problem at Milan hmm Galliani pls
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:19 pm

As a OM fan... I can tell you Payet is inconsistent. Wild swings of form during a season. His biggest issue is that he's a locker room cancer. Hated when with OM by many players.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:03 pm

clearly not reading BPL threads if you not seeing praise Laughing
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:07 pm

sportsczy wrote:As a OM fan...  I can tell you Payet is inconsistent.  Wild swings of form during a season.  His biggest issue is that he's a locker room cancer.  Hated when with OM by many players.
ffs it looks like the description of most young talented French players hmm
Spoiler:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:11 pm

Payet is not young though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:15 pm

Robespierre wrote:

sportsczy wrote:As a OM fan...  I can tell you Payet is inconsistent.  Wild swings of form during a season.  His biggest issue is that he's a locker room cancer.  Hated when with OM by many players.
ffs it looks like the description of most French players hmm
Spoiler:

Fixed that for you

2010 WC, never forget
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm

True enough, France are seemingly producing a lot of bad apples nowadays.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 pm

We get a Vardy every season and how many of them perform the year after? I've learned not to buy into the hype by this point.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Robespierre wrote:

ffs it looks like the description of most French players hmm
Spoiler:

Fixed that for you

2010 WC, never forget

yes it's correct, infact I hadn't put "young" at the beginning
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:25 pm

Vardy is actually a good player. Not really a onetime thing imo. He's just stepped it up this season.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:57 pm

STILL NO VARDY APPRECIATION THREAD hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:50 pm

I'm still not yet totally convinced by Mahrez.
Sure he has a good eye for the through ball and he can dribble well. But in regard to thinking if he deserves a move to a big club? I don't know, just need to see more from him. Let's give him the whole season and see if, a) he can keep this up || b) maybe even improve.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:23 pm

payet is too good for west ham as many thought before he even transferred there, still only 28 (coming up 29) wouldn't be shocked to see him at a bigger club next season
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:46 pm

Can't see him leaving, with these new tv deals clubs are well off so they are more likely to hang on to their best players. It would take a ridiculous amount from one of the top European clubs for him to leave and that's less likely since most of them have his position covered.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 am

El Gunner wrote:I'm still not yet totally convinced by Mahrez.
Sure he has a good eye for the through ball and he can dribble well. But in regard to thinking if he deserves a move to a big club? I don't know, just need to see more from him. Let's give him the whole season and see if, a) he can keep this up || b) maybe even improve.

:coffee:

Why are you doubting your african brother :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next