Cruijf
McAgger
Unique
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

back in the managment game - Page 2 Empty Re: back in the managment game

Post by Unique Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:Can you not train more?
not at the ground we train on. I'm gonna see if I can get training switched to a new ground and just play games at our home ground. where we are now we all have to pay £5 each to train for 1hr. and £10 per person to play at the ground. it is a bit much tbh.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:53 pm

Damn that's expensive. Would organising few meet ups at the park or something won't work?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:54 pm

this is our home ground. we don't get to play on the main pitch. but the pitch we do get is good. its a new build. but it is astro turf. Evil or Very Mad
http://www.thamesmeadtownfc.com/
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 pm

RealGunner wrote:Damn that's expensive. Would organising few meet ups at the park or something won't work?
that's what I'm trying to do mate. I need to work on set plays and do some attack on defence work outs to get some organisation in our play. the coach they had before was a push over. he let people tell him what position they want to play each week. I need players to play in one position all season. I cant work with players when they play right back one week and left wing the next.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:59 pm

Its amazing how a country the size of England, the number of teams who have problems getting consistent pitch time to train on. Either they dont exist or you train on something resembling an 19th century battle field.

That is the single biggest difference here in Copenhagen (in terms of football participation) in comparison to my time in London. Here there are artifical fields everywhere, I can play on half a dozen different excellent pitches all within 45 minutes (at most).

People here really care about participation and it is set up fantastically for the public (and even more so if your a club) to play some football.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its amazing how a country the size of England, the number of teams who have problems getting consistent pitch time to train on. Either they dont exist or you train on something resembling an 19th century battle field.

That is the single biggest difference here in Copenhagen (in terms of football participation) in comparison to my time in London. Here there are artifical fields everywhere, I can play on half a dozen different excellent pitches all within 45 minutes (at most).

People here really care about participation and it is set up fantastically for the public (and even more so if your a club) to play some football.
again buddy you hit the nail on the head. with all the money in English football you would think we could do a lot more at grass roots. the English FA seem to be the same as FIFA. grab all the money they can and give as little as possible back. Sad
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:42 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Proud

Do GL proud ffs. We can give you tactical advice.
lol this Laughing
Lots of experts on this forum Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:49 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its amazing how a country the size of England, the number of teams who have problems getting consistent pitch time to train on. Either they dont exist or you train on something resembling an 19th century battle field.

But doesn't England have something like a thousand leagues and a million clubs participating. You would think there's only so much time and effort to set up good pitches, which I'm sure there is a lot of already. hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:53 pm

El Gunner wrote:

But doesn't England have something like a thousand leagues and a million clubs participating. You would think there's only so much time and effort to set up good pitches, which I'm sure there is a lot of already. hmm
the problem is we have some top class pitches that cost lots of money to play on. or like franchise said lots of pitches that look like a plough field
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:05 pm

El Gunner wrote:

Sure there are. But there are also a thousand grass pitches which are totally unplayable for 11 months and 2 weeks of the year Laughing

Either they sun makes them harder than concrete or the rain and cold turn it into something out of the battle of Normandy.

Turn these into artificial pitches which someone also has the responsibility to take care of and alot more people are playing alot more football for alot less money.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
El Gunner wrote:

Sure there are. But there are also a thousand grass pitches which are totally unplayable for 11 months and 2 weeks of the year Laughing

Either they sun makes them harder than concrete or the rain and cold turn it into something out of the battle of Normandy.

Turn these into artificial pitches which someone also has the responsibility to take care of and alot more people are playing alot more football for alot less money.
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:10 pm

Okay Laughing
That's understandable Thumbs up
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:43 pm

cup game today. we lost 3-2. ww were 3-0 down at half time against the run of play. got done by 2 set plays. keeper mistake for one. and our left back got cought out for the 2nd. we had our best cb out for the game that didn't help. but we played much better football today. we had a good session on Wednesday where I did a lot of 1-2 touch ball retention exercises. I'm still short a few players but I'm starting to get a first 11 sorted. the players we had sent off last week are banned for next week so it more moving players around so that's not great. but the players seem to like what I'm telling them and in the space of 2 weeks are already working harder and listening to things I'm telling them. I still have 1-2 bad eggs that need to be weeded out. but things are starting to look better even if the result was bad. cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:44 pm

Do all the players respect you and follow your orders properly? I can imagine few being trouble makers.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:Do all the players respect you and follow your orders properly? I can imagine few being trouble makers.
1-2 of them think they are better than they are so like to act like they know it all. but they wont last long. one example today was one of said players hit a ball from the right of midfild that went off near the corner flag on the left side of the field. he then had the front to say nobody was there. so I asked him why he passed it there then. he just waked away. but he wont last long.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:08 pm

It's  time for Unique Sack Watch imo.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:05 pm

Robespierre wrote:It's  time for Unique Sack Watch imo.
rofl

Neh, he will do well Proud

Just imagine the vast amount of technical and tactical know-how (by virtue of being a GL member) he got in his disposal :coffee: .
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:10 pm

not sure you can 'sack' someone who turns up uninvited when the lads are having a kickabout at the local park, shouting tactical advice while they give him questioning glances tbh hmm

good luck in all seriousness though, channel your inner rodgers Thumbs up
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Firenze wrote:

not sure you can 'sack' someone who turns up uninvited when the lads are having a kickabout at the local park, shouting tactical advice while they give him questioning glances tbh hmm

good luck in all seriousness though, channel your inner rodgers Thumbs up
eco smile eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:15 pm

Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:23 pm

we were missing 3 of our better players today. only had 11 players and our cb went off injured. but we won 4-1. fooking get in there. cheers cheers cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:26 pm

Now we need a Unique appreciation thread :bow:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:42 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Now we need a Unique appreciation thread :bow:
Thumbs up Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:49 pm

What formation do you use?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:01 pm

RealGunner wrote:What formation do you use?
today 442. until we lost our cb. we then went 342.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:17 pm

as soon as the game is uploaded to youtube I will post the goal our cb scored from a free kick. trust me its worth watching. eco smile
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum