Would Benzema be considered world class if he wasn't a Real Madrid player?

+19
S
Valkyrja
Adit
sportsczy
BarrileteCosmico
McAgger
Myesyats
Perucho21
chad4401
rwo power
futbol
Rebaño Sagrado
Mr Nick09
titosantill
LeVersacci
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Unique
Hapless_Hans
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Would Benzema be considered world class if he wasn't a Real Madrid player? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would Benzema be considered world class if he wasn't a Real Madrid player?

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:01 pm

Benz is a Tau imo.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Would Benzema be considered world class if he wasn't a Real Madrid player? - Page 2 Empty Re: Would Benzema be considered world class if he wasn't a Real Madrid player?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:14 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Maybe because Messi plays on the wing hmm
Are we going to ignore the past 5 years? Laughing
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:15 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:This is how i go about this, because at the end of the day you can only rate players by what they have achieved and how they perform, and not what could have been

Tier 1- Suarez,
because on top of proving he can be successful in a league campaign, he adapted, and he rekt teams in CL

Tier 2- Benzema, Kun
Kun is great but he plays for a shitty team that wont allow him to progress further in CL. Benzema is very consistent, and eventhough he gets injured in the last month of every season, he plays well in important games (except vs Atletico).

Tier 3 - Ibra, Lewy, Cavani
Ibra is on a declining slope, was always shit in CL, doesnt even care to move nowadays... Lewy needs to finish a little better to move up. Same for Cavani.

Tier 4 - Rooney, Costa, Tevez, Higuain....

anyway, yes, benzema is currently Top 3
rooney Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:17 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Maybe because Messi plays on the wing hmm

This year for the first time since 2009
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:18 pm

Cavani being on the same tier as Ibra and Lewa Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:07 am

The difference between him and Suarez,Aguero is an important thing. Benzema has far better link up play than both of them, in fact his main strength is that. While Suarez and Aguero eats him alive in dribbling ability.Benzema has little ability to beat his man completely,which is definitely a important characteristics for a striker. You can see those solo goals scored by Suarez and Aguero, they are unpredictable. I wouldnt fancy Benzema winning a 1 on 1 with a top defender.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:40 am

Suarez, Benzema and Aguero are the best atm. similar level, depends on what you want from a striker. Lewandowski, Ibra and Rooney behind them. Rooney is underrated here tbh

Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:47 am

Only Suarez and Agüero are better than him right now.

Which means he's elite standard.

Lewandowski is incredibly overrated by some people here.Top player but I don't consider him as an elite CF as of now.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:48 am

how is this thread still not locked?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:02 am

Pretty garbage list by Nick btw.

What's up with the tier nonsense ?

Costa and Tevez are two tiers below Benzema now ? Seriously that sounds incredibly funny.

You can't distinguish them on the basis of tiers really.There are like 3 or 4 players in the game who perform at a level of their own, then come the next group of players where the difference between them isn't that big but still can perform at a top level.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:25 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:how is this thread still not locked?
Because I can always merge it with the other Benz thread when I feel like it. Mod power!
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Unique wrote:good player. but has played for a team that dominate and win 90% of its games. that does help.

Are you talking about Real Madrid? After the turn of the year, their average performance level as a team was so poor that I wouldn't have been surprised if they had lost against my local team, Strømsgodset. They may have won the majority of their games, and they may have a tendency to dominate opponent teams in general, but they sure as hell weren't dominant in most of last season's games. Just sayin' Smile
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:This is how i go about this, because at the end of the day you can only rate players by what they have achieved and how they perform, and not what could have been

Tier 1- Suarez,

Tier 2- Lewandowski, Kun

Tier 3 - Ibra, Benzema, Cavani

Fixed.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:28 am

I won't stand for more obsessive Benzema posting occurring in this forum without my thread getting any of it.

That's why I ask - with the recent NT performances in mind (which I neither saw nor care about) has Benzema regressed from beta to gamma or worse?

Is it genetic? Or does he need to move clubs?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:30 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:btw, the player spelt out backwards by the initials of the thread title's letters is more alpha than Dmzema imo
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:31 am

Curtinho wrote:

Tier 1- Suarez,

Tier 2- Lewandowski, Kun

Tier 3 - Ibra, Benzema, Cavani

Fixed.

rofl Lewa tier 2
Kun not tier 1 with Luiseato rofl
rofl Benz and Cavani on the same tier as Zlatan
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:35 am

tbh every time I read this 'tier 1', 'tier 3' nonsense, I have that voice from quake 3 arena in my head rofl

"Impressive.. Excellent...HUMILIATION"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:I won't stand for more obsessive Benzema posting occurring in this forum without my thread getting any of it.

That's why I ask - with the recent NT performances in mind (which I neither saw nor care about) has Benzema regressed from beta to gamma or worse?

Is it genetic? Or does he need to move clubs?

That's what you call a bump? Pls. Watch how real pros do it.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:07 pm

ffs now even Farfan wants in on the Benzema posting frenzy.

Can't let that happen while watching idly.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Let's be honest, if Real hadn't snatched him up in his youth he'd now be probably sitting on Chelsea's or City's bench after having scored 14 goals a season for Newcastle.

By now, the only thing making him a 'star' is the radiance of the Real Madrid brand and the global appeal of his teammates.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:24 pm

Hans mad that he's better than Lewa tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:35 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Let's be honest, if Real hadn't snatched him up in his youth he'd now be probably sitting on Chelsea's or City's bench after having scored 14 goals a season for Newcastle.

yeah , because Remy and Benzema were somehow equals in Lyon . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:43 pm

didn't even know Remy had been at Lyon rofl

Even better.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2