Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
M99
LeVersacci
RealGunner
28 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by Freeza Wed May 18, 2016 7:06 pm

So Zack Snyder has been fired as head of DC films.

Geoff Johns and Jon Berg will lead the creative direction. Geoff Johns knows the characters, so it's good.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by RealGunner Wed May 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Was one of the few who didn't mind Snyder...

But i guess now people will at least stop talking shit about DCU purely for hatred of him and his style
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 18, 2016 7:12 pm

RealGunner wrote:Was one of the few who didn't mind Snyder...

But i guess now people will at least stop talking shit about DCU purely for hatred of him and his style

I love his visual style. But the guy can't edit a film for shit.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed May 18, 2016 7:13 pm

Doesn't look good for DCU atm as BvS was their rebirth and now it will be another rebirth

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed May 18, 2016 7:16 pm

RealGunner wrote:Doesn't look good for DCU atm as BvS was their rebirth and now it will be another rebirth

Rebirth? They aren't going to shuffle anything. They've already spent 100s of millions on upcoming movies. They aren't rebooting anything.

Suicide Squad will at the very least be entertaining I think. Wonder Woman will be the saving grace, no doubt. Editing can save a movie. Even BvS had filmed the scenes to make a good movie.

When you make a movie you really make three different movies
You write one movie, then you film a second and edit a third. Everything changes.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 19, 2016 1:23 am

Seen it today, was ok, wouldnt id rank it 3rd or 4th after First Class, DOFP and Wolverine, wouldnt watch it again though.

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 19, 2016 5:36 pm

Critics https://i.imgur.com/N8QxsI9.gif

this is why I can't take Critics seriously.

Apocalypse was a fantastic film. Can't believe I doubted Singer rofl

Brilliant film with great action, visuals and story telling. Drama wasn't as good as it was in DoTFP but it made it up in action.

The casting is brilliant. All the new X-Men played like theirselves. Cyclops is already better than the previous one. Thought Sophie Turner was great as Jean. nightcrawler was brilliant and so was Storm.

But Quicksilver stole the show again lmao.

Fassbender and McAvoy have an amazing chemistry together. Freeza was right about Fassbender being one of the best actors.

And Apocalypse. holy shit. MCU and DC wish they can create a villain as threatening as him. Oscar Isaac https://i.imgur.com/7wuXfar.png  

One of my favourite comic book villain so far. They didn't even show his full strength and he was still great.

Overall it was thoroughly entertaining more than anything else. If you are a fan of X-Men then you won't be disappointed

spoilery stuff

Spoiler:

8.5/10

Last edited by RealGunner on Thu May 19, 2016 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 19, 2016 5:37 pm

ES wrote:Seen it today, was ok, wouldnt id rank it 3rd or 4th after First Class, DOFP and Wolverine, wouldnt watch it again though.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu May 19, 2016 5:47 pm

Regarding Fassbender. I don't think anyone doubted me about Fassbender being one of the best actors out there. I just said he was number 1.

Can't wait to watch it saturday, Warcraft thursday and The Nice Guys the 30th. Gonna be a great couple movie weeks.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat May 21, 2016 8:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:
ES wrote:Seen it today, was ok, wouldnt id rank it 3rd or 4th after First Class, DOFP and Wolverine, wouldnt watch it again though.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Whole universe didn't get rebooted, to Wolverine everything still happened. I'd imagine the scenes from before 1973 in Origins are still canon though, since it's only event after then where the timeline was altered.

But Fox doesn't give a shit about continuity. Fassbender and McAvoy are supposed to be like 50 in this new one. Havoc is supposed to be 40, but looks 12.

Really liked this one. Quicksilver is great. Best comedic relief character in a comic book movie I've seen. Feel the reviews are very harsh.

Loved everyone in the new cast. Wasn't a fan of the villain.

Cyclops, Fassbender, Quicksilver and Jean were the best parts of the movie. Best scenes were at the school. First half of the film was amazing, second was kinda meh.

I'd want them to stay in the 80s tbh. I'd love for a movie focussing on Cyclops, Jean, Storm etc being young. Bit of an 80s styled John Hughes film with X-Men with a villain that's not a world ending threat.

Also
Spoiler:
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun May 22, 2016 12:33 am

Finished watching it. Decent.

Hated J-Law & Sansa Stark.

Xavier, Magneto, Goatsilver & Apocalypse the only mutants I liked. Rest average or shit.

Quicksilver fml.. Best part of the movie & my favorite Marvel character since I was little

Apocalypse hands down the best villain in Marvel and my second favorite villain after Joker.

Legit hyped for Thanos now lmao

I'm with ES. Won't watch it again either.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun May 22, 2016 9:39 pm

Just finished reading Preacher... how the hell are AMC going to turn this into a TV show? They're not subscription based and edited out the F*** whenever Breaking Bad used it, but there's hardly a page without a "F***", and that's not even counting the violence, sex, outright blasphemy (retarded inbred son of God, a God who is a douchebag?), etc. Interested to see how that will play out.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 22, 2016 9:40 pm

Heard Preacher was good and as faithful as possible given the format.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 pm

The pilot is receiving great reviews so far.

According to Rogen, the author told him to change certain things as it was impossible to adapt to the comics.

We probably won't get the swearing but the rest of the stuff might be doable.

Really excited for it now

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sun May 22, 2016 10:21 pm

Think i've watched the QuickSilver scene on YT like 10 times today lmao

LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Freeza wrote:So Zack Snyder has been fired as head of DC films.

Geoff Johns and Jon Berg will lead the creative direction. Geoff Johns knows the characters, so it's good.

He wasn't "fired". There was never a head of DC films. He was just the only one they'd been running with, 2 movies in. He may not direct another DCEU movie after Justice League but that's fine.

What people had been asking for was for DC to have a clear figure spearheading and overseeing things for their entire film universe like a Kevin Feige and that's what they just did with Jon Berg & Geoff Johns.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 22, 2016 10:59 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Doesn't look good for DCU atm as BvS was their rebirth and now it will be another rebirth

Rebirth? They aren't going to shuffle anything. They've already spent 100s of millions on upcoming movies. They aren't rebooting anything.

Suicide Squad will at the very least be entertaining I think. Wonder Woman will be the saving grace, no doubt. Editing can save a movie. Even BvS had filmed the scenes to make a good movie.

When you make a movie you really make three different movies
You write one movie, then you film a second and edit a third. Everything changes.

To add to your point, it DOES look good. They needed that overseer badly and they got two. It's certainly much better than having no one leading anything and just letting Snyder do what he likes.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun May 22, 2016 11:04 pm

Apocalypse still not out here. WTF man.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 22, 2016 11:38 pm

Blue Barrett wrote:

He wasn't "fired". There was never a head of DC films. He was just the only one they'd been running with, 2 movies in. He may not direct another DCEU movie after Justice League but that's fine.

What people had been asking for was for DC to have a clear figure spearheading and overseeing things for their entire film universe like a Kevin Feige and that's what they just did with Jon Berg & Geoff Johns.

More fired in the sense that he's the one that planned the slate and produced the films etc. Maybe demoted is more a the right word.
But now creating a position above him is a great move for Warner Bros. No idea why they didn't do this to begin with. I love a lot of Snyder's work, but I have no idea why WB would give him so much control.

I really trust Geoff Johns.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sun May 22, 2016 11:40 pm

Freeza wrote:
Blue Barrett wrote:

More fired in the sense that he's the one that planned the slate and produced the films etc. Maybe demoted is more a the right word.
But now creating a position above him is a great move for Warner Bros. No idea why they didn't do this to begin with. I love a lot of Snyder's work, but I have no idea why WB would give him so much control.

I really trust Geoff Johns.

I love Geoff Johns but he was part of the Green Lantern disaster. I'm not over the moon about him. I'd be happy to see him prove me wrong of course.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 22, 2016 11:48 pm

I'd blame more of that on the main producers and writers and directors. The main problem with Snyder is his interpretation of the character. Is there any way to actually see what Johns' involvement was with Green Lantern?

Producer as a term is so vague and no real way to know what they're in charge of really. But they've made it clearer than anything. I think Jon Berg will be the producer to make the movie work, while Johns' main job will be to keep the characters and storylines in check. And not have Batman become a murderer again (assuming they fix it in Suicide Squad).

Also it's Johns' only real producing credit from a film. Everyone has made shit bombs in the comic book movie business. Even Feige has Elektra, Spider-Man 3, X3, Daredevil and the fantastic four films under his belt. Hopefully the Green Lantern thing has helped Johns learn from his mistakes.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 1:02 pm

You saw APoc yet freeza?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 pm

I wonder where DC universe would have been if Nolan was in full control of MoS and BvS.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon May 23, 2016 1:51 pm

RealGunner wrote:You saw APoc yet freeza?

Posted about it on this very page hmm
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 3:10 pm

oh shit missed it.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Freeza wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Whole universe didn't get rebooted, to Wolverine everything still happened. I'd imagine the scenes from before 1973 in Origins are still canon though, since it's only event after then where the timeline was altered.

But Fox doesn't give a shit about continuity. Fassbender and McAvoy are supposed to be like 50 in this new one. Havoc is supposed to be 40, but looks 12.

Really liked this one. Quicksilver is great. Best comedic relief character in a comic book movie I've seen. Feel the reviews are very harsh.

Loved everyone in the new cast. Wasn't a fan of the villain.

Cyclops, Fassbender, Quicksilver and Jean were the best parts of the movie. Best scenes were at the school. First half of the film was amazing, second was kinda meh.

I'd want them to stay in the 80s tbh. I'd love for a movie focussing on Cyclops, Jean, Storm etc being young. Bit of an 80s styled John Hughes film with X-Men with a villain that's not a world ending threat.

Also
Spoiler:

Agreed about the school part. In a way, this was the most classic X-Men film. Very much like TAS but obviously younger.

Casting was really well done. Can see all these guys in many more films together. I think we will now carry on with the timeline from after Apocalypse. So probably more 90s and then early 00s. Heard Singer wants to go cosmic in the next film. Shi'ar empire hopefully gets introduced and then you know which saga.

There are tons of events they can playout. With a lot of X-men still to introduce. Reckon Rogue and Iceman will be next to join in along with Kitty.

That's why I hope X-Men stays with Fox. Or even if they do go with Marvel at any point, they should never be in the same universe as the Avengers. As much as I want to see Wolverine and Hulk fight.

Speaking of new casts though. I really don't know how they will retcon Wolverine. Jackman is done after the next one and we need someone else. It will be really hard to introduce Tom Hardy as Wolverine now hmm

why didn't you like the villain? thought Isaac was incredible.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next