Curtinho
Vlad the Impaler
RealGunner
Nishankly
rwo power
68 posters

Page 35 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next

Go down

The Official Club of Europa League > Champions League Gathering 2015/16 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Club of Europa League > Champions League Gathering 2015/16

Post by free_cat Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:58 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:But that's not a fair comparison, in Germany they have a winter break, only 1 national cup and the season is more drawn out. It's easier to have a thin squad in Germany.

While all that's true, they should have rotated earlier in the season. ( they may have done i haven't kept up) not in a massive EL tie against one of the favourites.

Also, German league is only 18 teams and if I'm not wrong, national cup is only 1 game per round, right?

I don't see how you can crticise Spurs. What they did is logical. They have a chance to win the league. Pochettino put the B team with the hopes to scrap a decent result and have a chance at the second leg at home, while keeping everyone fresh for the league. It makes sense and you can't say anything about it.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

The Official Club of Europa League > Champions League Gathering 2015/16 - Page 35 Empty Re: The Official Club of Europa League > Champions League Gathering 2015/16

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:38 am

Sure you can say something about it. They had a legitimate chance to give Dortmund trouble with their first XI, instead he fielded 9 players that aren't part of his normal squad, and there's a big gap in talent between some of the players he fielded and those he could have. How many trophies does Tottenham have? Better yet how many European trophies? They were contenders for this trophy if they took the competition seriously, and instead he took the coward's way out and used a reserve squad.

It becomes even more embarrassing and cowardly when you realize that their next opponent is Aston Villa -- who they could probably beat with their reserves reserve squad.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:26 pm

Curtinho wrote:Sure you can say something about it. They had a legitimate chance to give Dortmund trouble with their first XI, instead he fielded 9 players that aren't part of his normal squad, and there's a big gap in talent between some of the players he fielded and those he could have. How many trophies does Tottenham have? Better yet how many European trophies? They were contenders for this trophy if they took the competition seriously, and instead he took the coward's way out and used a reserve squad.

It becomes even more embarrassing and cowardly when you realize that their next opponent is Aston Villa -- who they could probably beat with their reserves reserve squad.

Aston VIlla?! LOL I wasn't aware of that. That makes it so much worse.

I think already in principle the idea that upper end Premier League clubs would need to 'prioritize' the league over an European competition is ridiculous, and I'm sure also counterproductive.

The richest clubs, biggest squads in depth, pretending as if their European opponents would NOT have a tough league game to play on the weekend too, handling it with far fewer resources.

It's embarrassing, there's no other word for it.

Dortmund had Bayern last weekend,they have Mainz on Sunday which is a very tough game (they beat Bayern next to last match day, after all). Contrary to what people claim, they're still in the race for the league title.

Why does Tottenham have to total-rotate iif Dortmund doesn't have too?
Professional football player can very much play 2 games per week, no problem.
They just can't do it for many weeks in a row, a season long.

Aston Villa would be the perfect game to rest players. Tottenham are not in the cup anymore.
They exited the league cup in September alraedy.

This is just baffling, and it's not the way to build up a competitive spirit. It's a loser's mentality, and it will show also in the very competition they think they are 'focusing' on.

I predict Tottenham won't make top 4, just like usual.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:24 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Are Leverkusen always this bad? They couldnt even complete a damn pass. Granted Villarreal are tough to break down but still. I felt like i was watching Villarreal against Hercules out there. Bellarabi was so bad it hurt my eyes to watch him
Yeah. They are always that bad when it counts. There's a reason they are dubbed "Vizekusen" - never really getting anywhere.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:00 pm

rwo power wrote:
halamadrid2 wrote:Are Leverkusen always this bad? They couldnt even complete a damn pass. Granted Villarreal are tough to break down but still. I felt like i was watching Villarreal against Hercules out there. Bellarabi was so bad it hurt my eyes to watch him
Yeah. They are always that bad when it counts. There's a reason they are dubbed "Vizekusen" - never really getting anywhere.
Sad

Sometimes they make me wonder how they would perform under a coach like Pep, Fergi, Mou or Klopp.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Still on a high for how bad we dominated YANITED

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/211106-hendo-anfield-noise-helped-us-overcome-united

The Official Club of Europa League > Champions League Gathering 2015/16 - Page 35 Lfc10
(click to enlarge)

The Official Club of Europa League > Champions League Gathering 2015/16 - Page 35 11059527_10154137719207573_1821610999599538779_n

English kings of Europe, still!

The Official Club of Europa League > Champions League Gathering 2015/16 - Page 35 Lfc11
(click to enlarge)
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:43 pm

Why exactly is an EPL team prioritizing EPL over EL a big deal all of a sudden?

Very typical. This has been happening for years Laughing

In fact, Tottenham has been the only team within the last couple years to take it seriously. EPL should be thanking Tottenham for their contribution to the coefficient.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:12 am

Btw Aston Villa was only 2 days after the Dortmund match. Wtf FA no wonder premier teams are not going to take Europe seriously if you don't schedule enough time to rest.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:19 am

My friday night coed 7s team could beat Aston Villa. I don't accept that as an excuse.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:59 am

I think it's great that Liverpool are fielding a full team against Man U.

They also have nothing to play for atm hmm
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:28 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Curtinho wrote:Sure you can say something about it. They had a legitimate chance to give Dortmund trouble with their first XI, instead he fielded 9 players that aren't part of his normal squad, and there's a big gap in talent between some of the players he fielded and those he could have. How many trophies does Tottenham have? Better yet how many European trophies? They were contenders for this trophy if they took the competition seriously, and instead he took the coward's way out and used a reserve squad.

I think already in principle the idea that upper end Premier League clubs would need to 'prioritize' the league over an European competition is ridiculous, and I'm sure also counterproductive.

The richest clubs, biggest squads in depth, pretending as if their European opponents would NOT have a tough league game to play on the weekend too, handling it with far fewer resources.

Dortmund had Bayern last weekend,they have Mainz on Sunday which is a very tough game (they beat Bayern next to last match day, after all). Contrary to what people claim, they're still in the race for the league title.

Aston Villa would be the perfect game to rest players. Tottenham are not in the cup anymore.

This is just baffling, and it's not the way to build up a competitive spirit. It's a loser's mentality, and it will show also in the very competition they think they are 'focusing' on.

Lol how convenient of you to say this when you want to sound correct on every fronts.
12 point gap with 12 less GD and with only 9 games to go and that too in a relatively easy league. Sure they are.. in the race. Rolling Eyes
I find this roasting of Spurs and Poch for not fielding a strong 11 extremely unfair and biased.
You guys are complaining about Tottenham a team that has the youngest and most inexperienced side in the Prem league and is playing in a league where anyone can beat anyone and is currently occupying a position which they havent occupied in their recent history? Like seriously??! Dont take the keeping players fresh idea into account. But at least consider players picking up knock idea. Its THE business end and Spuds have a realistic chance to win the league (unlike dortmund btw) and what if Harry Kane plays in these matches and get injured? And at what cost ? For being in the Champions league? They can achieve that easily this season even without that. Or is it the English coefficient points ? or is it the pride ? Fck it if its either one of those. English teams have been doing this shit for years. Why all of a sudden such an uproar when spurs does it ?

Yes They have to face only Aston Villa next. So what ? We are not talking about Manchester city here who have an equally capable second team with the likes of Delph and Navas. The likes of Wimmer, Carrol however talented they are, they are also inexperienced and can buckle in this kind of a crucial juncture even against the weakest of teams. So the logical thing to do is to keep your best players fit for those matches and not your 2nd team ffs. Of course its easy for neutrals to say these things about other teams, but will you be willing to do it if it was your team in question, to take such a risk ? i doubt it.

And Curtinho coming and backing it up by comparing it to Liverpool fielding a full strength team against us makes it even more hilarious. Sure Klopp would have done it if say they were in top 4 and were actually playing for something in the league, yea right. Rolling Eyes
Come on, they are a team that had to wait for years to get into the champs league again and when they finally got it last season went on and played their B team at Real Madrid.  Sure the most eligible bunch to mock at Tottenham right now yea.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:53 am

Glory wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

Lol how convenient of you to say this when you want to sound correct on every fronts.
12 point gap with 12 less GD and with only 9 games to go and that too in a relatively easy league. Sure they are.. in the race. Rolling Eyes

Not sure which table you were looking at, but you might want to look at the..err. correct one.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Glory wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

I find this roasting of Spurs and Poch for not fielding a strong 11 extremely unfair and biased.
You guys are complaining about Tottenham a team that has the youngest and most inexperienced side in the Prem league and is playing in a league where anyone can beat anyone and is currently occupying a position which they havent occupied in their recent history? Like seriously??! Dont take the keeping players fresh idea into account. But at least consider players picking up knock idea. Its THE business end and Spuds have a realistic chance to win the league (unlike dortmund btw) and what if Harry Kane plays in these matches and get injured? And at what cost ? For being in the Champions league? They can achieve that easily this season even without that. Or is it the English coefficient points ? or is it the pride ? Fck it if its either one of those. English teams have been doing this shit for years. Why all of a sudden such an uproar when spurs does it ?

Yes They have to face only Aston Villa next. So what ? We are not talking about Manchester city here who have an equally capable second team with the likes of Delph and Navas. The likes of Wimmer, Carrol however talented they are, they are also inexperienced and can buckle in this kind of a crucial juncture even against the weakest of teams. So the logical thing to do is to keep your best players fit for those matches and not your 2nd team ffs. Of course its easy for neutrals to say these things about other teams, but will you be willing to do it if it was your team in question, to take such a risk ? i doubt it.

And Curtinho coming and backing it up by comparing it to Liverpool fielding a full strength team against us makes it even more hilarious. Sure Klopp would have done it if say they were in top 4 and were actually playing for something in the league, yea right. Rolling Eyes
Come on, they are a team that had to wait for years to get into the champs league again and when they finally got it last season went on and played their B team at Real Madrid.  Sure the most eligible bunch to mock at Tottenham right now yea.
spot on Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:46 pm

LOL at people hating on spurs for not giving a crap about a crap competition that serves no purpose other than guaranteeing an already guaranteed CL spot . hmm
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:58 pm

The excuses i'm seeing in this thread Laughing

I really wish i had the energy to debunk them all but the fact is i don't.

CBarca wrote:Why exactly is an EPL team prioritizing EPL over EL a big deal all of a sudden?

In fact, Tottenham has been the only team within the last couple years to take it seriously. EPL should be thanking Tottenham for their contribution to the coefficient.

I'll start and end here, it's always been a big issue where you been lol?

There is no excuse for playing you're 2nd team in a KO round against a team which are probably the favourites. Knock them out and you have a very good chance of winning the thing. We have already been through the BS excuse of England plays more games than Germany waahhhh but what about Sevilla? they seem to manage it just fine.

The problem isn't just this, it's a long standing problem that English teams don't take the competition seriously because somehow it's above them and beating Aston Villa to stay 5 points behind Leicester is more important apparently. Laughing ( not like you couldn't do both anyway)

It doesn't help that you have fans justifying these decisions like it isn't complete bullshit. These are professional athletes if they can't play two games a week then pack it in lol, the idea that they can't play Dortmund and Villa with the same team is absolutely ridiculous.

It's just a poor excuse to justify crap decisions which are only done because of the money involved and no other reason.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:00 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:The excuses i'm seeing in this thread Laughing

I really wish i had the energy to debunk them all but the fact is i don't.

CBarca wrote:Why exactly is an EPL team prioritizing EPL over EL a big deal all of a sudden?

I'll start and end here, it's always been a big issue where you been lol?

There is no excuse for playing you're 2nd team in a KO round against a team which are probably the favourites. Knock them out and you have a very good chance of winning the thing. We have already been through the BS excuse of England plays more games than Germany waahhhh but what about Sevilla? they seem to manage it just fine.

The problem isn't just this, it's a long standing problem that English teams don't take the competition seriously because somehow it's above them and beating Aston Villa to stay 5 points behind Leicester is more important apparently. Laughing ( not like you couldn't do both anyway)

It doesn't help that you have fans justifying these decisions like it isn't complete bullshit. These are professional athletes if they can't play two games a week then pack it in lol, the idea that they can't play Dortmund and Villa with the same team is absolutely ridiculous.

It's just a poor excuse to justify crap decisions which are only done because of the money involved and no other reason.

has sevilla been as close as spurs to winning the title.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:07 pm

I'd like to add that, doing well in EL can also help propel themselves in the CL with club coefficient points. Watch Spurs get roflstomped in a group with Real, PSG and Dortmund next season
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:10 pm

It's completely irrelevant, that's just an easy excuse to hide behind. As we all know damn well the same decision would have made anyway. Laughing

Besides they are playing Aston *bleep* Villa, if you can't play two games in a week and one against Aston Villa why even have a squad at all? might as well pack it in as you clearly can't handle it and ban yourself from every competition except the league.

The only reason this is happening is because of money, no other reason and people can come up with all the excuses they want but the only reason it happens is because the Premier League pays more money than the Europa League.

That's the difference between England and the other countries, the EL money is needed for them where as for us it's an after thought and the reason we don't take it seriously.

I understand why they do that, but please don't try and justify what they do as some sort of good reasoning as that only makes it worse.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:31 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The only reason this is happening is because of money, no other reason and people can come up with all the excuses they want but the only reason it happens is because the Premier League pays more money than the Europa League.

The only way it makes a difference money wise is if they end in a different position, and if they end in a different position where they make more money then end 1st place, so you're proving Poch right...

farfan wrote:LOL at people hating on spurs for not giving a crap about a crap competition that serves no purpose other than guaranteeing an already guaranteed CL spot . hmm

I think people are mostly sour because they were expecting a great game between two of Europe's top 2 sides whereas they got a shit show and because premier's coefficient. Not that the coefficient matters because Italy's year is quite terrible in this regard.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:10 pm

ES wrote:I'd like to add that, doing well in EL can also help propel themselves in the CL with club coefficient points. Watch Spurs get roflstomped in a group with Real, PSG and Dortmund next season
And don't forget them complaining that they have been treated sooooo badly by UEFA when put into pot4 when they think they should go into Pot2 at least ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:18 pm

For me, the issue isn't that Spurs made changes for the BVB game, but that they made too many changes at once. For all the talk of prioritising the league, people forget they fielded full strength sides in both legs against Fiorentina in the previous round. If they didn't give a crap about the EL why didn't they try bow out then? And they had tougher games during that period.

English clubs are the only ones that do this regardless of if they're in a title race or not. Meanwhile the clubs from the continent field full strength sides regardless of who they're playing the Sunday after. Sevilla have a huge match against Villareal on Sunday and both teams played their best elevens on Thursday.

The whole idea that Spurs needed to rest seven players for Aston Villa, a team just going through the motions until they're relegated, is just a bit ridiculous.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:24 pm

England is certainly not the only to do this. Italy have been doing this for a long time. Main reason Germany passed everyone back then. Napoli did the same thing, Fiore never cared, etc.

It bothers me as well, why throw out a chance to win? I know the league matters more, but don't throw out 8 changes at once.

I remember when Juve ended with 6 draws Laughing during ~2010. Its just disrespectful.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:59 pm

bit of a pointless question here I know but I was just wondering. if Liverpool and spurs were in the EL final and spurs won it would Liverpool get the champions lge spot if spurs finished in the top 4.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:04 pm

Nope. Only the winner gets an extra CL spot if they don't qualify via the league. Runners-up get nothing.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:14 pm

rwo power wrote:Nope. Only the winner gets an extra CL spot if they don't qualify via the league. Runners-up get nothing.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:16 pm

rwo power wrote:Nope. Only the winner gets an extra CL spot if they don't qualify via the league. Runners-up get nothing.
so how do they deal with the odd team.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 43 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 39 ... 43  Next