*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad?

+25
jibers
Mr Nick09
VivaStPauli
Forza
Valkyrja
LuckAndWin
M99
farfan
Highburied
El Gunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Myesyats
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
Onyx
titosantill
Hapless_Hans
zigra
Art Morte
futbol
Cruijf
Kick
rwo power
RealGunner
29 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad?

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:49 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:what's funny. You think I'm funny?

You coming at me? stfu if you coming at me

You ever giggle like that again I'll come back and butt *bleep* your father with your mom's headless corpse

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? - Page 2 C9u1X

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad?

Post by Myesyats Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Kick wrote:They need to get rid of the scrubs on their team. IMO, Muller and Goetze must leave (to Chelsea) and they should buy Gaya and Jordi Alba as replacements Thumbs up

Why would Alba take a step backwards?
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:31 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

You ever giggle like that again I'll come back and butt *bleep* your father with your mom's headless corpse

Looooooooooooooooooooooool

you fat pussy! My son NEEDS ME!
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:37 pm

From what i saw from the two legs against Barca they need more explosion off the bench and to freshen up the midfield.

A lot of their key players are getting old.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:45 pm

rwo power wrote:Rumours have it (SSNHD, that is) that Pep has quite some problems with Thomas Müller, too, as he doesn't really fit into Pep's strict strategy plans. So it might get interesting whether Pep wants to add even more pep so that he could bench Müller (which would be utter blasphemy, if you ask me), too.

Muller to Arsenal cheers
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:From what i saw from the two legs against Barca they need more explosion off the bench and to freshen up the midfield.

A lot of their key players are getting old.

How would you suggest we get more explosion off the bench, and how should we go about freshening up the midfield?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:52 pm

Dunno i'm not a football scout lol.

Just seems that without Ribery and Robben you lacked the ability to commit defenders against Barca..... as for the midfield i'd look at an attacking midfielder considering Gotze doesn't seem to be favoured and a DM unless Javi Martinez has fully recovered to pre injury levels.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:56 pm

-------------------Neuer
-------Boateng--Hummels---Alaba
-------Lahm-----Thiago----Gundogan
-------Robben-----Gotze----Reus
--------------------Lewa

Defend with a 4-4-1-1 shape. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:59 pm

On top of what I said a CM as well, because Scheweignsteiger has to be replaced for the long term eventually and i'm not sure Thiago's injury record can be trusted hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Dunno i'm not a football scout lol.

Just seems that without Ribery and Robben you lacked the ability to commit defenders against Barca..... as for the midfield i'd look at an attacking midfielder considering Gotze doesn't seem to be favoured and a DM unless Javi Martinez has fully recovered to pre injury levels.

The problem is not to get too big a squad though. That's the thing with such injuries. Should we get double big names for if Robben and Ribery are out? What if they are fit?

As is, Götze didn't even start when Robbery were both out and we had only Müller, Lewandowski, no name kid Weiser and unfit 36 year old Pizarro as attackers.

Should we sell him? What if Pep only stays for another year? Should we sell Götze nonetheless even if he might perform better to his 'potential' under the next coach?

We now bought Costa. Would you think he provides explosion off the bench?

In midfield too. Who to offload, who to bring in?
If Lahm plays midfield, we have enough midfielders but the 3 biggest names of them are past 30.
Would you bench Lahm? Would you bench Alonso? Would you bench Schweinsteiger?
What about the youngsters?

Do we play 3 man defense? Do we play 4-3-3? 4-4-2?

I think the variability, and inconsistency, of Pep's formations along with a squad depth that is highly polyvalent makes squad planning VERY tricky.
That's the thing.
Or at least, it makes talking about squad planning from an outside perspective tricky.

Last edited by Hapless_Hans on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:05 pm

Just merge with Dortmund and there you go, CL winners.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:07 pm

If Costa is good then you might have got that bench depth i described hmm

Just one other guy could have made a difference last year, also i agree with what you are saying. I'm just looking at it from where in a perfect world where you need strengthening.

BTW out of Alonso and Schweignsteiger i would bench Alonso, also i do agree it's hard to determine what to look at because of the inconsistency of formations.

At Barca you knew what Pep was gonna do, it's all a bit weird here a different system could mean different targets or less targets in some cases.

So basically in a nutshell i'm looking at forward depth ( may already have it) and midfield creativity, maybe DM too but that depends on Javi Martinez.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Well in any case even with Costa we do not have enough forward depth. Shaqiri sold, Weiser and Pizarro not renewed, Costa in.
Costa is not a striker.

We need a striker, but what category should we go for? A big name is overkill (and which big names are there available anyway) since Lewandowski is good enough as starter.

Someone like Lacazette, they wouldn't want to be backup. Neither I reckon they'd want to accumulate equivalent playing time of a starter by being a polyvalent backup (at LW, or SS etc on top of CF), after establishing themselves in a certain position.
So it needs to be someone good enough to play at top level if needed, content enough to be on the bench if everyone's fit.
A rare breed, especially since nowadays even 21 year old suddenly need to be starting instead of *bleep* waiting their turn.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:18 pm

Pedro. It's a match made in heaven IMO.
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:20 pm

Didn't realise you got rid of those players Hans ( apart from Shaqiri ) i agree tbh, you definitely need another forward.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:30 pm

Well Pizarro and Weiser weren't enough quality anyway.
Weiser will be a decent BuLi player, but not enough for our ambitions.
Pizarro is a GOAT but is 36, soon 37, and has physically declined.

I love him to death and if it's me he can stay with an openended contract until he drops dead (there's talks he might get another year after all), but he's not nearly enough as the sole backup striker anymore.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:00 pm

what About Remy ? surely he won't accept being thrid choice at Chelsea .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:03 pm

hmm

not a bad suggestion

Remy this year, Hazard next year hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:08 pm

Can't Muller play backup striker? hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:51 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

http://41.media.tumblr.com/747ff78191f2ffefb673ddcd4af288e1/tumblr_nr2sxoF7HP1ta6mabo2_250.png
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:01 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:

*Transfer Special* How should Bayern Munich improve their squad? - Page 2 Attachment
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:18 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:They need to replace robbery. I vote for Griezemann and De Bruyne.

Griezmann is too expensive for his quality (or so our board and Pep supposedly think), De Bruyne won't be leave Wolfsburg this summer.

To add to that, both have a different profile than both Ribéry and Robben.
De Bruyne already said he would leave for a bigger club, I don't think you will spend much time convincing him. Greaseman might be expensive but he is versatile. You'll never find the exact copy of robbery.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:06 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:
RealGunner wrote:While they are set for Bundesliga, CL is where they have been failing for the last two years for one reason or another.

Pressure on Pep is building and this summer he really needs to address squad's short comings.

They have signed Douglas Costa, who will be a good cover for one of Robben or Ribery. But they still need more players. Specially if Pep is reluctant to trust the likes of Goetze and Lewandowski.

1. If you look at the players available during this spring, do you really think going out in semis is 'failure' in CL? I'll try not to make the obvious comparison.

2. What gives you the impression Pep is reluctant to trust Lewandowski? He practically always played when available, and played very well.

3. When asked in this season's first pk about what he wants for the coming season, squad wise, Pep said: "Ribery and Robben healthy and available".
Much can be mused about what transition we need to do, but Robben and Ribery are still more than capable of being top class.
We need them more fit, and less injured, than last season (along with Alaba, Thiago, Martinez, Lahm) and then it's not such a urgent need for massive squad renewals as everyone claims.

4. The problem is, raging injury problems mess up squad planning. We got Alonso when Javi wrecked his knee and Schweini was out for a few months too. Then we had both available, and all evidence suggest fielding just one of them (a fit Schweinsteiger) is better. Pep messed up in that regard.
But that's the problem with so many injuries, you can't plan, you can't have the right balance of quality and depth. Hoping for a better injury record next season.

5. When all are fit, with Lahm, Thiago and Alaba option for CM too, do we need another midfielder? Höjbjerg is returning and will want minutes, Rode is a backup option, Gaudino should get some minutes though it's not clear how satisfying his progress has been, in training etc.
According to kicker, Alonso is supposed to take a slightly more backup role next season, which I think is the right move.
Edit: I should not forget 20 year old Kimmich who's joining and is a CM.

6. That of course depends what Schweini does. His contract, like Alonso's, ends 2016. That was supposed the summer of midfield transition, with Gündogan a possible successor.
He's being heavily courted by van Gaal now though I think he's more likely to stay at least the year.
Maybe he even renews, depending on how he envisions the last chapter of his career.

7. Another big question, and maybe the most important point, is: what's the future of Pep.
Our club has tirelessly insisted they want to extend his contract, he's been playing it cool.
If he doesn't signal soon he wants to stay, the club cannot mold the squad planning according to his wishes. He needs to come clean ASAP.

8. Costa, according to various reports, was Pep's wish. I just now read the other board members (i.e. I guess mainly Reschke and Sammer) would have opted for Ntep.
Who knows whether that's true.

9. The Di Maria interest is so widely reported it cannot be not true. I don't really get it tbh. Here too Pep seems to want him, and I don't get that either.

10. Another kicker report persuasively said that Di Maria, while wanted, is too expensive and we're not willing to pay wages similar to what he gets. Reasonable.
It also said that Griezmann,

Anderson and Darmian were decided against by our transfer team for lack of quality.
Hope their judgement is right, as Darmian is going to Utd now for little money, and we still have only Rafinha.
Unless Lahm will play on the right side again.

11. Pizarro's contract is over. We need a backup striker.
Read today that maybe Pizarro will even get another year which I would like, but we'd still need another striker.

12. What would you think are our 'squad shortcomings'.
We've added a 2nd GK in Ulreich (with Pepe Reina gone), a right sided attacker in Costa (with Weiser gone), a young CM prospect in Kimmich and a returning young midfield prospect in Höjbjerg. What else.

Thankyou for the reply.

I wasn't actually stating those statements as facts, but rather the questions raised in general by most over media etc.

Robbery's fitness remains key, but I personally don't think Ribery is as good as he used to be. Robben however is still a top 5 player and doesn't seem to be declining anytime soon. I don't think Ribery will suddenly become a shit player, but it's there to see how he returns from his injury and if he is still a major difference maker on the left.

Pep's future is always up in the air despite just being there for two seasons lol. Maybe he might get tired of everything and leave. But I think he'd want to win CL before leaving.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:15 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:They need to replace robbery. I vote for Griezemann and De Bruyne.

Griezmann is too expensive for his quality (or so our board and Pep supposedly think), De Bruyne won't be leave Wolfsburg this summer.

To add to that, both have a different profile than both Ribéry and Robben.
De Bruyne already said he would leave for a bigger club, I don't think you will spend much time convincing him. Greaseman might be expensive but he is versatile. You'll never find the exact copy of robbery.

It's no doubt we want De Bruyne, and I'm excited about the thought to add him.
I'm just pretty sure it won't happen this summer. He's got a long term contract, he's only there for 1 and a half year.
Imo it would be sensible of De Bruyne to play another year at Wolfsburg, play CL etc, and then move.
I'm also pretty sure that if he's being sold we'll be the first to know. Rumours are Wolfsburg will reward another year of loyalty with an improved salary, and by adding an exit clause lol.
If clubs like City start to throw money at Wolfsburg this summer, and he wants out, I think or hope we'll get in there forcefully, but as things stands guess we're prepared to wait another year.
As I said, it's an arrangement between VW boss Winterkorn and Bayern supervisory board member Winterkorn Laughing

Grießmann, no doubt we're interested in him, since he'd be both a left attacker and a striker too, but it sounded like Atletico doesn't want to sell and his clause is 60m € and we're not prepared to pay that. And who knows if he'd wnat that move.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:23 am

RealGunner wrote:

Robbery's fitness remains key, but I personally don't think Ribery is as good as he used to be. Robben however is still a top 5 player and doesn't seem to be declining anytime soon. I don't think Ribery will suddenly become a shit player, but it's there to see how he returns from his injury and if he is still a major difference maker on the left.

Pep's future is always up in the air despite just being there for two seasons lol. Maybe he might get tired of everything and leave. But I think he'd want to win CL before leaving.

Everyone thinks Ribery isn't as good as he used to be but imo it's only for the simple fact he he's had two injury affected seasons now. He barely was available to play more then 3 weeks in a row last season.
If he's fit and playing, he's as much a difference maker as Robben.
It's just his sight has become so rare one forgets.
Last April it really hit me how much I *bleep* miss Ribery and how much he means for us. Since the injury pendulum between and Robben had turned 2 years ago, people could perpetuate the notion he's not that important when he really is.
His 12/13 season was insane and noone we could buy will come close. Not even Hazard who we can't buy, though Ribery regards him as his perfect successor and he'd be good for that in the future. Di Maria pls.
With Ribery playing, Alaba's attacking play has another level because of their unique understanding.
Ribery looked to have the best early understanding with Lewa too, when Robben and Müller were still struggling to have good synchronisation with Lewa (it improved over the season).
I want to see what happens if Ribery and Lewa can play together for a while, let's not forget what an assist machine Ribery can be for a striker he likes (TONI).

So if Pep says his 'dream' for next season is not new stars but a fit Robben AND Ribéry, he's not just saying that. It's the most important thing.

Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LuckAndWin Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:55 am

First I'm a little bias here, I want Pep to take back again Toni Kroos!

Bayern Munchen I think they are good when it comes to producing young talents and I dont think Pep will look for players that is not German.

Arjen Robben, Franck Ribery are nearing from their retirement (I guess so). I think Bavaria should look for a possible replacement of these two.

LuckAndWin
LuckAndWin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next