Myesyats
Pedram
mr-r34
RED
Unique
74 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 23 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by Unique Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:15 pm

ES wrote:That tends to happen when you have the most CCTV out of all the cities in the world

Like i said, i don't mind it much, i mean just read the BBC report on the Brussels attack: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-35869985

How did they manage to sneak a gun in the check-in area? Let alone the bombs, it seems there's a lack of security.

Like i said before, i don't mind giving up some privacy, heck in London there's a CCTV in about every nook and cranny, every street, every corner, etc. For the safety of the people, it seems like a small price to pay, at least to me
the problem the security have is the fall out if they get it wrong. Had they pulled the men in and stopped the attacks they would be heros. But if they pulled over 2 Arab looking men and searched them and found nothing they would get called racist. And people would say your racist profiling. So it's hard for them to do the job.

Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

ISIS terror attacks around the world - Page 23 Empty Re: ISIS terror attacks around the world

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:19 pm

When has that stopped airport security before? Laughing Arabs get pulled for random checks all the time
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:21 pm

Unique wrote:
M99 wrote:Obviously Unique has no reply to Mclewis's wonderful post.
I disagree with him. No point saying that twice. Imo the world would be a much better place if we got rid of religion.

how do you plan to get rid of religion ? excuse me but that's a very cheap and lazy response, you're trying to erase the question instead of solving it. if you have nothing useful to say you should stay quiet instead of spouting random bullshit which makes you sounds like Donald Trump.

Last edited by Pedram on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:23 pm

ES wrote:When has that stopped airport security before? Laughing Arabs get pulled for random checks all the time
not sure how these got through then. They were dressed like Michael jackson with the glove on one hand
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:26 pm

Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:
M99 wrote:Obviously Unique has no reply to Mclewis's wonderful post.
I disagree with him. No point saying that twice. Imo the world would be a much better place if we got rid of religion.

how do you plan to get rid of religion ? excuse me but that's a very cheap and lazy response, you're trying to erase the question instead of solving it. spouting random bullshit makes you sounds like Donald Trump.
you can't get rid of religion. But if you could there would be no priests fiddling with little kids. No more planes being flown into buildings. No more under age girls being forced to marry perverted men. More rights for gay people. More rights for women. Like I said lots of people in the world would be better off if religion didn't exist.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:37 pm

i've said this in previous posts, and sadly, previous threads on these kind of topics....we are human beings. even without religion people will find things to fight about, and also find categories to separate themselves from those they are fighting. even if we were all one race, color, creed, income was equally distributed and everybody had 3 meals, a tv, a house, and basic needs; people will still find something to fight about. one guy would want to have other people's money (Though he has his), and a little difference will lead to some squabble.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:42 pm

and yeah even without religion there will still be sexual deviants, perverts, ways of committing terror and so on....there have been many areas around the world without religion and a lot of crazy things still happened. there seems to be a cycle about it; once upon a time, religious folks generalized non-religious as barbaric, now others slam some religions for the same. my point is, religion or no religion there will always and have always been weirdos with warped minds; i don't think hitler stalin believed in anything, and they were terrorists ....life is too complicated to reach conclusions on an array of issues
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:58 pm

It is too simplistic to say that without religion there would still be perverts, deviants, terrorists etc. The question is whether religion is egging people on or making it easier for people to moralize these acts.

Without fascists, there would still be people who believe in idiotic things. That doesn't mean you don't have to eliminate these fascists. Obviously, unlike fascists, religion has good elements as well but we have to consider whether those things can be taught in secular environments as well (they can be). Which (should) lead to the conclusion that religions are superfluous. I don't think I'm being unfair, if anything I'm a live-and-let-live agnostic who doesn't care about these issues enough to hold strong opinions in general.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:05 pm

umm. no its not simplistic. because there have been nations, cultures, and city-states that had all those things even without religion. people with no beliefs have abused women, killed twins, participated in plundering and rape culture after wars, poisoned rivers in times of conflict and so on. i also believe in live-and let-live, but i also like to point out that the solution, or perceived solution with respect to religion isn't as straight forward as people think
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 pm

I understand what ypu're saying.

Maybe it's actually me who's simplistic. I genuinely believe that the world would be a better place without religion. There is no need to fuddle moral lessons in ambiguous metaphors like religious books sometimes do. Why would anyone want to leave such things up to interpretation? Paradoxically, some books have some insane absolute morals that do not need to apply in modern times. The vast majority of religious people understand that and act in a sensible manner. There is a minority who fail to grasp that. On topic to the thread title, here is a succinct summary - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_attitudes_towards_terrorism (scroll to Polls section)

In the long-term future, I'm fairly certain we'll see the demise of religions across the world. That is imo the end-game solution wrt religions.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:09 pm

the issue is about terrorism committed by fundamentalist; it's a war on terror, not a war on religion- the major crux of live-and-let-live is not bothering peoples freedom to worship as long as they're not infringing on your well being....when we start delving into the thought of religious or non religious folk being inferior and questioning their reasons for worship, (if it's not infringing on your well being) then it's no longer "live and let live".
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Unique wrote:
Pedram wrote:
Unique wrote:

how do you plan to get rid of religion ? excuse me but that's a very cheap and lazy response, you're trying to erase the question instead of solving it. spouting random bullshit makes you sounds like Donald Trump.
you can't get rid of religion. But if you could there would be no priests fiddling with little kids. No more planes being flown into buildings. No more under age girls being forced to marry perverted men. More rights for gay people. More rights for women. Like I said lots of people in the world would be better off if religion didn't exist.

First time I agree with you. Best post you've made in your time on GL Thumbs up

Its a problem mainly with north Africans. There's a lot of us in Europe, however Europe refuses to integrate them like sport said. Lots of dirty history, but my beef is that some of us blow up innocent people and turn to extremism :facepalm: *bleep* pathetic. This has nothing to do with the refugees. Morrocans and Algerians are much different then Syrians

Instead of trying to grind it out and be successful, they go and blow themselves up. Just disgusting. They're a bunch of losers and I'm not gonna defend them

Look up all the terrorist acts and rape done. No, it isn't by the refugees, but by the maghrebis living in Europe. So don't blame the Syrians. They are peaceful people.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:36 pm

Turkey deported one of the terrorists and informed the Netherlands and Belgium about him, he was briefly detained but let go after Belgian authorities could find no links to terrorism

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/23/471599731/turkey-says-it-deported-ibrahim-el-bakraoui-and-warned-belgium-in-2015

Also Erdogan warned about an attack on Brussels on Friday

WTH is Belgium doing Evil or Very Mad

Third world country intelligence capabilities

BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:07 am

Maybe the media should start not giving these terrorists names and faces, but just report incidents as caused by "another expendable cannonfodder who was manipulated by certain megalomaniac criminals brought shame over his family by throwing away his life to cause harm to innocent people"...

That way at least the incentive to have their names remembered would be voided. Plus if the shamefulness and the idea that those attackers are not "fighters" or "warriors" but actually easily manipulated, weak-willed losers is spread over all media, maybe, just maybe it might make some people think about that joining the terrorists might now be so cool after all.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:14 am

but but ISIS is no more dangerous than Assad....

Like i said when a countries internal matters gets out of hand and people starts blowing up other countries its high time to act. ISIS needs to be immediately wiped off from the planet and Soudi Arabia and Turkey needs to stop funding it.

The scary thing is not the bombing. The educated people living in Belgium did it. It abolishes the theory that it is the poor and uneducated that gets drawn towards extremism. It is reported that almost 1000 Belgian citizen actually physically went to become part of the ISIS....then what do you think the number of people in Belgium whome are pro ISIS? Laughing...1000 people physically participated then how many people do you think actually are sympathizers of ISIS ? Laughing

Islam was made during war time and the jihad verse actually helps the people defend during the war and gives them a hope that even if they die they will get paradise. Fast forward to current era and we can see people interpreting it like they wants.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:32 am

I wonder why Belgium has such a big problem with this. seems strange that a country like them would have so many of these crack pots. maybe the security is not as tight as it is in say the UK.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:06 pm

Unique wrote:I wonder why Belgium has such a big problem with this. seems strange that a country like them would have so many of these crack pots. maybe the security is not as tight as it is in say the UK.

From what I read in interviews with security experts, the consensus seems to be that it's the labyrinthine bureaucracy of Belgium, where one police department knowing about a suspect doesn't necessarily mean that others do. Apparently Brussels has over a dozen police precincts that don't coordinate that well, and they also got several intelligence agencies that also don't synergize that great.
They've just been described as generally inefficient because of bureaucratic redundancies, and apparently the political system lacks the determination to change anything, because they're mostly concerned with the Flandern v Wallonia thingy.

Though there's always an answer with 20/20 hindsight, obviously.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:14 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Unique wrote:I wonder why Belgium has such a big problem with this. seems strange that a country like them would have so many of these crack pots. maybe the security is not as tight as it is in say the UK.

From what I read in interviews with security experts, the consensus seems to be that it's the labyrinthine bureaucracy of Belgium, where one police department knowing about a suspect doesn't necessarily mean that others do. Apparently Brussels has over a dozen police precincts that don't coordinate that well, and they also got several intelligence agencies that also don't synergize that great.
They've just been described as generally inefficient because of bureaucratic redundancies, and apparently the political system lacks the determination to change anything, because they're mostly concerned with the Flandern v Wallonia thingy.

Though there's always an answer with 20/20 hindsight, obviously.
Thumbs up
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 pm

I wonder how many heads will roll from the incompetence that allowed these attacks to happen.

Hopefully this shakes up things in Belgian government. They really need it based on what I've been reading about their system over there.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:10 am

McLewis wrote:I wonder how many heads will roll from the incompetence that allowed these attacks to happen.

Hopefully this shakes up things in Belgian government. They really need it based on what I've been reading about their system over there.

Well, two ministers offered to resign but the PM refused to accept it.

But the thing is that intelligence and police work can only do so much. You'd need to be a mind reader to know everyone with evil intentions.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:58 am

You also need to integrate and mobilize your population. That motherf*cker went to the f*cking barber, you guys, in broad day light. And nobody gave enough of a sh*t to call the cops. That's f*cked up.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:40 pm

Because they don't feel they're Belgian. There are more dire.consequences for people to inform the police than to stay out of it. Complete lack.of integration. This is a problem that has been festering for decades... It's not new. The conversion to extremism/terrorism is the only relative recent development.

Again absolutely no excuse... But the racism is pretty extreme in Europe and, instead of fighting through it, some have decided to rebel against it in an insane way.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:49 pm

Religion plays a part in integration though. I dont think quran laws will help Muslims to integrate themselves into europe because the laws written at that time always favors socializing more with Muslims (weather making friends or marrying) and controls their social life. Then how do you expect them to behave in a non partial way in a society ?

even with 1000 years they have not integrated into India,only them ,why? Christians,jains,budhas, Sikh seamlessly integrated but Muslims still are way behind in integration.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Quran and Democracy can never co exist. There are lot of laws in Quran that can contradict democratic laws.

For example while partitioning family wealth most democracies splits the wealth equally irrespective of genders. But quran says Son will get twice that of daughter because well they are Male and males are protector of realm and provider of food. Then we expect them to integrate into democracies.

In a way ISIS is right, there is no country currently that works by the laws of Quran. They thinks they will have to create an utopian country to break away from democracy.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Again absolutely no excuse...  But the racism is pretty extreme in Europe and, instead of fighting through it, some have decided to rebel against it in an insane way.

"I'm not a terrorism apologist, but...."

Seriously, dude, you do understand that none of Europe's racial minorities, and none but one of its religious minorities, whether they be black, Hindu, gypsy, Sikh, Chinese, are supposedly being terrorised by extreme racism to the point that they want to kill themselves and everyone around them?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:33 pm

You don't understand how unpatriotic and downright angry the "pied noir" segment of the population are forced to feel for decades...  you can't ask people to fulfill their patriotic duty to call out the few crazy elements when they've had nothing to feel patriotic for since the start.

Most feel this way:  You've spit on us and dragged us through the mud for decades if not centuries and now you want us to help you because you can't solve your own problems.... go to hell!  

It's not a false sentiment either.  But the terrorist problem is too extreme and people should try and swallow their resentment, however justified, for the good of humanity.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next