Casciavit
The Franchise
M99
messixaviesta
Winter is Coming
34 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale - Page 4 Empty Re: Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale

Post by Deja Vu Tue May 19, 2015 3:15 am

Turkish Cakir to ref the match. Good ref, really.

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale - Page 4 1431975057_extras_noticia_foton_7_0

Last edited by Deja Vu on Wed May 20, 2015 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total

Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale - Page 4 Empty Re: Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale

Post by Donuts Tue May 19, 2015 3:23 am

he's the guy that gave man u, nani a red card vs real madrid
but other than that he's been fine.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Tue May 19, 2015 4:01 am

Much like players, refs are prone to make mistakes. He's a good ref 'cuz he doesn't make those often.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 19, 2015 7:30 am

Im not sure but I remember the CL final being in late May over the years and not early June?

Anyway, I think having Bilbao a week before the CL final is just great. Now the league wrapped up before the last game is perfect as we have enough time to rest and prepare, feeling relaxed instead of having to win the last game and worrying about a shock upset. And also not too much time in between to avoid easing off.

Perfect setup for a treble long overdue! Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue May 19, 2015 8:12 am

i hope lucho and the rest of the staff is keeping the players grounded and hungry.
too much talk about the treble on the media, we've only won one trophy we gotta keep focused.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 19, 2015 8:47 am

lol They are professionals who've been in those situations a million times. They won't go into a CL final thinking it's a done dealio.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 19, 2015 10:00 pm

I dont agree this is a good ref. The same guy in the Chelsea - PSG second leg right? Terrible performance then and that Nani red card, again I say to this day was a joke and a decision made by someone who never played football before.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue May 19, 2015 11:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont agree this is a good ref. The same guy in the Chelsea - PSG second leg right? Terrible performance then and that Nani red card, again I say to this day was a joke and a decision made by someone who never played football before.

Nah. That was Kuipers (Dutch ref).

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 19, 2015 11:43 pm

F'in goal.com Laughing
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed May 20, 2015 2:54 am

His face does not look familiar to me..was he in any of our games this season??

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed May 20, 2015 3:46 am

No, last match he ref'd for us was this one:

EDIT: Turns out the last match he ref'd for us was against Benfica which we won 2-0 in 12/13.

He also ref'd three matches in the last WC including the semi between Argentina and Holland.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu May 21, 2015 2:18 am

Juve won the Coppa Italia, so they just need the CL to get the treble.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Thu May 21, 2015 8:09 am

Chiellini insists that the incident is firmly in the past and says he will not treat Suarez any differently to Real Madrid trio Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale, whom he helped successfully nullify in the last four of the Champions League.

"It has been a week since we knocked out Real Madrid and people only ask me about Suarez," he told reporters.

"I bear no grudges. I have no problem with him. I will mark him the way I did Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale or any other striker, so there's nothing different about it.

"The only thing that disappointed me that time was going out of the World Cup."

Chiellini added that nothing was more important than the match against Barcelona on June 6: "It's a special game. It's been far too long since we won the European Cup."

sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri May 22, 2015 10:14 pm

Road to Berlin

All goals in UCL VS The Champions

I can't believe it before the loss to Bayern we had won 9 games in a row in CL Proud

VS Ajax 3-1, Ajax 2-0, APOEL 4-0, PSG 3-1, City 2-1, City 1-0, PSG 3-1, PSG 2-0, Bayern 3-0
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat May 23, 2015 3:25 am

sree999 wrote:Chiellini insists that the incident is firmly in the past and says he will not treat Suarez any differently to Real Madrid trio Cristiano Ronaldo, Karim Benzema and Gareth Bale, whom he helped successfully nullify in the last four of the Champions League.

"It has been a week since we knocked out Real Madrid and people only ask me about Suarez," he told reporters.

"I bear no grudges. I have no problem with him. I will mark him the way I did Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale or any other striker, so there's nothing different about it.

"The only thing that disappointed me that time was going out of the World Cup."

Chiellini added that nothing was more important than the match against Barcelona on June 6: "It's a special game. It's been far too long since we won the European Cup."

But did suarez say that he will treat Chelliani different way this time hmm

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sat May 23, 2015 3:27 am

Winter is Coming wrote:

I can't believe it before the loss to Bayern we had won 9 games in a row in CL Proud

VS Ajax 3-1, Ajax 2-0, APOEL 4-0, PSG 3-1, City 2-1, City 1-0, PSG 3-1, PSG 2-0, Bayern 3-0

No wonder, we din meet any good team until Semi :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue May 26, 2015 12:00 pm

I managed to get a ticket for the final. Smile
Any requests to me to perform on your behalf, fellow Barça fans?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue May 26, 2015 1:34 pm

you lucky SOB.
Just come home with the trophy
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun May 31, 2015 3:20 pm

According to reports, Iniesta picked up a knock against Bilbao. If he doesn't manage to to make the final, we might see a Raki---Busi---Xavi midfield. Hopefully Xavi gives one last performance before he goes Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sun May 31, 2015 3:59 pm

This is what a 17-year-old Messi did to a prime Juve:

What do you think a prime Messi is gonna do to this Juve? :coffee:
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:22 am

Last step to the treble. I'm glad we put up such a great performance in the cdr final to keep the momentum going as we're absolutely on fire. I dont even want to think what Messi is going to do with Evra. Have mercy, Leo.

Also, Suarez vs Chiellini & Evra... can't be a coincidence...
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:42 am

I'm already having nervous attacks. Going to the pharmacy to stack on tranqulizers...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:43 am

Dont get overexcited... Laughing though i would not mind to win it at the cost of Suarez biting few players :coffee:

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:25 pm

Chiellini withdrew from training today and is in doubt for the match pending medical checkup tomorrow. hmm
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Deja Vu wrote:Chiellini withdrew from training today and is in doubt for the match pending medical checkup tomorrow. hmm

Like Ferguson used to say, Italians invented the smokescreen.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:52 am

In a long interview by The Guardian, Ballack calls MSN a bunch of divas who don't like to defend. Clubber

The Guardian wrote:

Is it a foregone conclusion that Barcelona are going to win the Champions League final?

Not at all. We’ve seen a few finals of late where an outsider has been pitted against a favourite, and this is the same even though Juventus are a big name, a club with a huge tradition, and a massively experienced team. They kicked out Real Madrid in the semis, which nobody expected, and to do that over two legs is more difficult than beating Barcelona in a one-off game. Of course Barcelona, on paper and given the form they are in, would look like big favourites. But with the type of game they play, and with Juventus staying deep, Barça might get annoyed after a while if things aren’t going their way. There are a lot of questions with this match. People suggest the betting is done and it’s Barça’s trophy, but I’d be careful. Italian teams always know how to get a result. Anything is possible in Berlin.

So Juventus, such a clever, streetwise team, may be the perfect side to nullify Barcelona?

I’m sure they won’t give them space. Juve will not play an open game but will know that there will be periods in the match, and opportunities, where they can attack themselves and play high up the pitch. They might initially think their best opportunities will come from set-pieces, particularly as I don’t see them being particularly strong on the counterattack. But they can hurt Barcelona, even if their first task is to shut them out.

Have you ever seen anything like that Barcelona front three? They have 120 goals between them this season …

No. It’s an outstanding trio. I’ve never seen three players up front in the same team like that. Bayern Munich have Arjen Robben, Franck Ribéry and Robert Lewandowski, who are amazing when they’re in good shape. Real have Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Karim Benzema, even if Cristiano tends to dominate. But Barcelona’s are all absolute superstars. It says a lot that all three’s national teams rely on them as well: Brazil, Uruguay and Argentina. That tells you everything about their quality.

Given that firepower, are there any real weaknesses in this Barcelona side which Juventus can hope to exploit?

Of course they have weaknesses. Most obviously in terms of their defence: remember Bayern Munich scored three goals in the second leg, so they’re clearly vulnerable. And their biggest strength can also become a weakness. Those three forwards are all superstars. They are a little bit like divas sometimes when you see them: they don’t like to defend. So it will be interesting to see how Juventus can create unhappiness in their game. These kind of players like to have the ball, they want to play, they want to enjoy movements, to pass the ball around. If Juve makes sure that can’t happen, as the game goes on they’ll become more and more frustrated and they can lose their discipline. That’s the key. That’s the time where Juventus must take over because an Italian team never loses discipline. Their players live for and thrive off this discipline.

Is that discipline orchestrated by Andrea Pirlo in the middle?

Partly, but it’s not just down to Pirlo. I’ve played a lot of games against Italian teams and I’ve always found them the most difficult to confront. Matches against sides from Serie A can be unattractive at times because the Italians are so shrewd. Tactically, they are schooled from such a young age in Italy, so it’s not just Pirlo who organises their game. All the players, when you play for an Italian team, are capable of adapting to circumstances. You might look at Italian football, and see it has been so long since they had a side in the latter stages of this competition, and be surprised to find Juventus in the final. But they are a clever side who have been building up to this moment.

One of the players whose progress has been so marked over recent years has been Paul Pogba. As a former midfielder, can you offer an assessment of the France international’s recent progress?

He’s good to watch, a player with his physical ability, getting into the box, scoring goals, doing an amazing job everywhere on the pitch. They have two players like this, actually, with Arturo Vidal [the other]. You need this kind of player in your team, particularly alongside someone like Pirlo who maybe does not run quite as much. When you consider that, it shouldn’t be a surprise to see them in the final – they have midfielders of this kind of talent who hold the entire team together, players at the peak of their physical fitness. Pogba is a great talent.

How good could he get?

Well, he’s already playing for a big club. On the other hand, there are probably a few bigger names in world football at the moment. But he’s young and he is growing fantastically at Juventus. The environment is good for him, for his mentality. But, as a player, you are a little bit restricted in Italian football. Individually, I don’t think we will see him at his best in Italy. If he plays in Spain, Germany or England, maybe we’ll see even more from Pogba, depending on the team he chooses in the future. There’s still room for him to grow. He’s not the finished article as yet.

Their attacking focus is Carlos Tevez, a player you came up against while he was at West Ham, Manchester United and Manchester City. Is he as much of a nuisance to play against as he appears from the outside?

It’s a joy for any coach to have a player like him in your team. He creates trouble. He spreads anxiety and chaos in the opponents’ defensive organisation, drifting from left to right, going everywhere on the pitch, dropping back into midfield. I don’t see him at his best as a No9. I like him dropping back a bit, getting at Sergio Busquets in this game. With the ball at his feet, he’s able to go past two or three players, and has the strength to run 30m with the ball. He is very smart around the box. His Argentinian blood helps him. He takes the hits and everything that comes your way when you’re in there among the defenders, and that’s why he must be a joy to play with and so horrible to play against.

You played in two Champions League finals, with Bayer Leverkusen in 2002 and Chelsea in 2008. As a player, how do you cope with the build-up to a game of this magnitude? Do you realise you are facing a potential career-defining moment?

Absolutely. You can’t escape that. It’s a bit strange: you reach the final, the biggest game you can play except for a World Cup final, and everything comes at you from the outside. You have friends, the media, everyone wanting something from you in that fortnight between the semi-final and the final. And all the time you know there’s just one more step to go. One more step to achieve a dream. That means there’s a lot going on in your head, so you have to have strong nerves, and a good environment laid down by the club and the coach. Experience is important because, if you’re all reaching a final for the first time, the nerves would hurt you.

So, given the rather frenetic buildup, is it a release when you get on the pitch?

Yes. Actually, it starts with the warm-up in the stadium the day before. That is a release of tension in itself. The training sessions leading up to the final tend to be really intense but the closer it comes to the game, the more tense you get in terms of your mind. Maybe some of the players don’t sleep well, and that might influence their performance on the day. What is happening in the players’ heads is a big part in football. You lean on the experienced members of any team to get you through it, guide you. In this game there are a lot of players, on both sides, who have already lived moments like this with their clubs or their national sides. It will help them remain as calm as possible.

And post-match? You lost both those finals, to Real Madrid and Manchester United. How did you cope with the disappointment?

It does take time. You leave the pitch after the final and you want the next season to start immediately. Or at least something to provide a distraction. In 2002 I changed clubs, after three years playing for Bayer Leverkusen. I had had those three disappointments over the last three weeks of the season – losing the title to Dortmund, the domestic cup final to Schalke and then the Champions League final to Real – but I moved to Bayern Munich which helped me a lot in the head. It was a new challenge, a new environment, and new targets. In football, if you have a big break after a disappointment you can stew on things, and that hurts you. If you’re playing for a big club like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Chelsea, the chances are another opportunity will come your way, even the next year. But, from my perspective, it’s not easy. I played in the Champions League constantly for 12 or 13 years in my career, and I reached only two finals. I know how difficult it is to get to that point.

You came so close with Chelsea in Moscow, when you lost to United on penalties. But the following season you missed out in the semi-finals after the infamous second leg at home to Barcelona when the referee, Tom Henning Ovrebo, appeared to deny your team clear-cut penalties which might have won the tie. How did you deal with that?

It still hurts. We were even stronger that year than in 2008 when we’d reached the final. Everyone had this conviction, this trust in the team, and we believed in ourselves. We knew we were really strong and were convinced would win that year, so to go out the way we did was really disappointing. We deserved to get through to the final. We were much better than Barcelona on the night, and everyone knows the circumstances. It still feels unbelievable. At least Chelsea went on to win it eventually [in 2012]. It would have been nice to have won it with them that year, if I’m honest. I played in two finals, but that [2008] feels like the opportunity where I missed out.

Pep Guardiola has missed out in this competition since joining Bayern Munich, even if his team remain dominant in the Bundesliga. How is he considered back home these days? Are people satisfied with the impact he has made?

There is criticism, and questions are being asked about Guardiola. But it would be difficult for any coach to take over after a Champions League victory and simply maintain that. A new coach comes in with a new mentality. In his case, he imposed a Spanish influence on his new club. He’d been used to playing a certain kind of football at Barcelona – where he’d played and developed his coaching – and if you have been successful with that philosophy, you want to carry on in that way. He had players at Barça who bought into it. But to transport that into Bayern Munich, where the players were used to playing a totally different kind of football? Well, that’s not easy. Is it even possible to transport that kind of football?

Do you think it is?

Well, I’ve seen a few fantastic performances this season and last. They’ve scored so many goals. Sometimes it was just a question of how many they’d score today. They had no real competition at home and a lot of opponents gave up before matches against Bayern, speaking about how many goals they’d lose by before kick-off. You could see the class of the team. He brought also Thiago and Xabi Alonso in, players he knew and who could help impose that Spanish influence. But even someone like Guardiola needs a bit of time and luck to make it work. For his methods to be properly adopted and understood. You can’t do that overnight, and two years is still overnight. The problem is he, like any manager at Bayern Munich, is judged on success. If you don’t win, there’ll be questions. And he is judged at the highest level: winning the Champions League. He knows this.

Do you expect him to be there next season?

Bayern Munich couldn’t have a better coach than him at the moment. I can’t see another coach teaching that team more than he is. They still dominate German football. It is a case of having another go, and we will see how he handles the pressure next season. It’s a bit harder if you’re abroad, without the people around him who he had in Barcelona, but there’s a lot of football knowledge at that club. Even in Germany, they know he’s great.

If there’s disappointment in Germany at not having a Bundesliga team in the final in Berlin, there’s a lot more in England that the Premier League clubs bowed out so early this year. What did you make of that? Were you surprised by Chelsea’s exit in particular?

It surprised me, yes, with all the English clubs but Chelsea in particular because I thought, on paper, they were the better team in a tie with Paris Saint-Germain. But that just shows how close the Champions League is these days. Teams like PSG, Atlético Madrid or Porto were not really mentioned as contenders, but they can upset the bigger teams at any stage. They can hurt you. I thought it would be a difficult tie, a tight tie like last year, but these are the kind of games where individual players like those at Chelsea should be able to decide those games. That they didn’t means there’s still a lot to do to improve at that club to get back to where they were a few years ago in terms of European competition.

So do we have to gauge Chelsea’s progress next season in terms of how they do in the Champions League, given they have won the Premier League so comfortably this year?

They are in a process still. A team can have quality but it’s also about personality and how they can grow. Look at the Chelsea from 2004-06, when they were champions of the Premier League for the first time in the Roman Abramovich era, and see how that team evolved. Individually, and personality-wise, it needed a bit of time to grow up to make its real mark in Europe. It’s the same at all clubs: Barcelona put a structure in place, a philosophy, and players grew into it and did well. Those same players helped the Spanish national team to dominate as well, winning the World Cup and European Championship. At Bayern Munich, a group of players won the Champions League and then went on to win the World Cup, where a lot of Bayern players were involved. All these projects need time to grow.

So Chelsea are still a work in progress?

I think those games against PSG showed that, sometimes, you miss two or three key players to secure this success. They make the difference in certain types of games. It’s all about the players. When I see Nemanja Matic, a great talent, he needs a player next him to help him grow further. A team-mate with stature as well as personality. They have a lot of small, skilful players but sometimes they miss bigger, stronger players around them. They are probably one or two big players short of where they want to be. It’s one or two years too early. If they bring in or develop one or two players with this talent, this attitude, this personality on the pitch, they will get back to the top in terms of European football and competing properly to win the Champions League again.

You will be in Berlin working with MasterCard. How do you see the final playing out?

It would be great for Italian football if Juventus could win it. I didn’t think they’d get through against Real Madrid, but they did and now they will believe they can go all the way. It will be tight, but I will go 1-0 for Juventus.
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next