Casciavit
The Franchise
M99
messixaviesta
Winter is Coming
34 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale Empty Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 13, 2015 9:47 pm

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale 1010px-FC_Barcelona_(crest).svg VS Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale 600px-Juventusstemma

Juve just KO'ed Madrid Proud

Anyways we've faced Juve 9 times 3-2-4 is the record time to make it 4 wins for us now. Last game was in 2003 Juventus won in ET.

Most importantly Suarez VS Chiellini and Evra Proud

banana banana banana
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale Empty Re: Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale

Post by messixaviesta Wed May 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Thoughts about the game later. Now is the time to banana .

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale Empty Re: Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale

Post by messixaviesta Wed May 13, 2015 10:13 pm

All we need is to beat Atletico this weekend and claim the league. That ensures that our bitter rivals have had a trophy less season (considering only end of season trophies) . Then we can go on to win the cup and Juve can win theirs as well (hopefully theirs will be preponed). Ultimately it should be the battle of battles in which one team emerges a treble winner. Also the winner of the contest is a lock down for 'Coach of the Year'. Both Enrique and Allegri were underrated and vilified right through the year and have now certainly made their critics eat humble pie.

About what just happened I had felt right through the season that Madrid had left their team well short of warriors and had committed a travesty by selling who I considered their best player in the UCL (and for that matter in any battle) - Angel Di Maria. Missing Modric at the business end of the season caused more trouble. No I didn't predict Juventus to knock them out. Thought their fast attackers would be too much but Juve are so dodged and resistant and their coach has done an incredible job this season. Just when people thought he wouldn't be able to match Conte he has far surpassed him by doing the one thing Conte never even came close to doing - performing in Europe.

Overall I agree with the idea some Barca fans had posted some days back that this Madrid team winning the UCL twice in a row would have been bad for football. It would be such a unique achievement if and when it happens that it should go to a team which is brilliant as a whole and not just reliant on individuals.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Wed May 13, 2015 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed May 13, 2015 10:21 pm

Visca El Barca
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 10:31 pm

The thought of losing to Madrid in the final and having them be the first team to win back to back CL would have been too much. So for that im delighted to face Juve.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Exactly Franchise the was the first thing that came to my mind, if we lose would rather it be Juve.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed May 13, 2015 10:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:The thought of losing to Madrid in the final and having them be the first team to win back to back CL would have been too much. So for that im delighted to face Juve.

I couldn't agree more. It would have been the classico with the tag line 'Bragging Rights Forever'.

I wrote this on Twitter - "Morata 2015 = Morientes 2004. RM better fear sending players whose names start with Mor on a loan. Smile " Although this wasn't a loan as such but there was a buy back option.

Last edited by messixaviesta on Wed May 13, 2015 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 13, 2015 10:34 pm

The Franchise wrote:The thought of losing to Madrid in the final and having them be the first team to win back to back CL would have been too much. So for that im delighted to face Juve.

Thoughts on the match-up Dani? How do you see it going down?
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Wed May 13, 2015 10:37 pm

Lol its a big party for Juve and Barsa fans but it feels so empty now. When you get what you want life becomes boring. I'm extremely happy now. But then again i feel like "Ok you got what you want as a football fan so what now?" Sad
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 13, 2015 10:38 pm

2003 still haunts me. Any of you kids remember Zalayeta? We need to be on our best to win this
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 13, 2015 10:44 pm

Exactly just like Madrid, we've never had it easy against Juve.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 13, 2015 10:45 pm

Was anyone particularly impressed with Juve? I only saw the 2nd half of the first game and while I thought they were solid I never thought they were amazing.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed May 13, 2015 10:49 pm

Nope. Like Franchise said in one of the threads, they lost a lot of balls and defenders barely had pace, but still can get the result needed, which is what scares me.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 13, 2015 10:50 pm

I'm more scared on what Morata is going to do to our left defenders..
mascherano with no height and alba
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Casciavit wrote:

Thoughts on the match-up Dani? How do you see it going down?

I am less sure now after watching Juve. Missed most of the first leg.

Overall, I think Allegri will come with a great plan and if they score the first goal I would be very worried.

But this Barca has earnt the benefit of the doubt to me (see the Real Sociedad game where there was alot of panic on the thread but I didnt feel worried) and the front 3, forgetting about their quality, seriously combine well and use each other well.

Tevez vs Mascherano and Pique is a worry, despite how well they have defended recently.

Juve seem to me to lack width in their play, they dont get overlaps..so I am not worried about Messi not tracking back.

I also think Messi plays well generally against Evra individually.

Juve seemed to panic alot today with the ball, or do the opposite and be too casual and they gave alot of dangerous balls away in dangerous areas.

I think we have a great chance to win, but if we are stupid enough to underestimate Juve they will beat us.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 pm

billy_gr wrote:2003 still haunts me. Any of you kids remember Zalayeta? We need to be on our best to win this

Beast of a player. Kinda Laughing

He wasnt that good, but had the talent to be great and he was on that day.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Wed May 13, 2015 10:53 pm

Juve was pure comedy. It looked like they dont care. Lot of risky passes and risky plays and when they scored their players didnt run at full speed to celebrate the goal lol. Ronaldo celebrated his penalty goal better than juventus players Surprised
This is why i love italian football. They are like bunch of mafia members with lots of tatoos and strange characters Laughing
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 10:55 pm

I think they didnt celebrate hard because Morata didnt celebrate much, for obvious reasons.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed May 13, 2015 11:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:
billy_gr wrote:2003 still haunts me. Any of you kids remember Zalayeta? We need to be on our best to win this

Beast of a player. Kinda Laughing

He wasnt that good, but had the talent to be great and he was on that day.
that extra time goal. Damn it
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 13, 2015 11:14 pm

Regarding Tevez vs Masche & Pique I am kinda relieved we will be facing a team whose main threat should not be an aerial threat against our team. Morata, at 190, is shorter than Pique and I think he's their tallest outfield player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed May 13, 2015 11:19 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Regarding Tevez vs Masche & Pique I am kinda relieved we will be facing a team whose main threat should not be an aerial threat against our team. Morata, at 190, is shorter than Pique and I think he's their tallest outfield player.

http://static.goal.com/337400/337473_heroa.jpg
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed May 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Llorente is useless though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed May 13, 2015 11:20 pm

Well, I can easily see Morata pinning himself up against either of the fullbacks at the second post when a cross comes in. And if Morata jumped with Mascherano I think he wins that too.

Though yes, Tevez is the main threat and isnt an aerial presence. But rest assured he will on at least one occasion press one of the two defenders or Busquets into a mistake and win the ball in a dangerous area. It's defiantly happening...the ball just seems to stick to him like glue when he goes in for tackles.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Wed May 13, 2015 11:20 pm

save my life.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed May 13, 2015 11:23 pm

Visca el Barca

<3 to all the Cules :')
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next