Casciavit
The Franchise
M99
messixaviesta
Winter is Coming
34 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale - Page 7 Empty Re: Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:20 pm

Congrats.A win that should have been far more comfortable than it was.We messed up too many scoring situations with poor decision making,particularly from Neymar.Lot of counters where we had the numerical advantage and didnt capitalize.

Tactically,Allegri screwed up big time and handed the game to us on a platter.It is surprising as I considered Allegri to have the tactical advantage.
He made 2 big mistakes.First,Pilro shouldnt have started.Probably a sentimental decision but he was completely anonymous and a liability throughout.Suarez completely shut him out of the game.He couldnt create anything and defensively,Juve's other midfielders had to cover for him.He should have taken him off in the second half but strangely didnt.Another error.
Allegri also failed to come up with a plan to stop Busquets.Busquets had 10 yards every side of him whenever he got the ball and controlled the game throughout.Allegri should have asked one of Tevez or Morata to close him down and prevent him from getting balls in the center of the pitch(like Suarez did with Pirlo).
Massive fail and again surprisingly didnt rectify it.Perhaps he wanted the 2 forwards free up front against our 2 CB's to create 2 vs 2 situations.But it was clear that wasnt working as Pirlo wasnt able to influence the game.Should have changed it but didnt.

Iniesta got the MOM.He was great but my MOM would be either Busquets or Suarez.Busquets controlled the game throughout and didnt put a foot wrong. Suarez played with a lot of intensity,linked up well, won a lot of fouls,held the ball up well,scored the winner.But most important of all,he carried out the task assigned to him and shut Pilro down completely.My MOM is Suarez.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale - Page 7 Empty Re: Barcelona V Juventus - Berlin Champion League Finale

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:Logical thoughts but we didn't lose. Logic is not always correct. Sometimes passion gets the better of it.

I was just having fun, never doubted this team Proud

TREBLE!!!!

I didn't think you were serious either.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 pm

I think Iniesta MOTM is deserved, he was the one that turned the first goal from "Ah, Neymar miscontrolled that and now the chance is lost" to "GOALLL!!!!" and exerted his influence throughout the match reminding us why some here call him the ultimate big game player.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Well no question.He is the best big game player I have seen.Always turns up on the big stage.He had a great game.
Just thought Busquets and Suarez were slightly better.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:32 pm

alex, as always a wonderful analysis from you.

I too thought Suarez would get the MOM but I think the only thing that went against him was that he took time to get going in the first half and only came into his own in the second half. That said I am over the moon that Iniesta won it. He was brilliant and didn't put a foot wrong all night. I couldn't quite believe it when he was substituted. Xavi of course had to be brought on but Iniesta was playing too well to be taken off.

It's so strange that a player can play a functional role all season and on the whole have an average or just above average season and then in the biggest game of the season he can take the bull by the horns and come up with such a devastating performance. Iniesta is a big match performer in the truest sense of the word.

I agree with you that we should have won more comfortably and missed some good chances. The other thing that disappointed me is that we have degraded in our ability to hold on to the ball. The previous Barca could have easily hogged the ball for the last ten minutes but this one allowed Juve to play almost till the very end making for a nervy finish.

That said this is hardly the time to criticize. An immense season from the team in which we won everything. Immense congratulations and now we party for a month and more.

One thing I really liked about tonight's game is while we have often been called a one man team or a team run by MSN tonight after a long time we played as a team in which perhaps every player made some key contributions. Look at Dani Alves' commitment when he puts his head on the line instead of losing the player. What a player! What a guy! Alba made one horrible mistake when he lost Marchisio for a goal we had no business to concede but he made up for it with a very nice assist for the Neymar goal that was ruled out. Mascherano was a little jittery initially but had his fair share of key blocks. Ter Stegen made a few errors but he also did some things well. The midfield was at it's best. You mentioned Busquets and Iniesta but Rakitic also did his part very well.

Let the celebrations begin!!!

cheers cheers cheers

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:34 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I think Iniesta MOTM is deserved, he was the one that turned the first goal from "Ah, Neymar miscontrolled that and now the chance is lost" to "GOALLL!!!!" and exerted his influence throughout the match reminding us why some here call him the ultimate big game player.

Very well said. There was also that brilliant move which should have been a goal but Buffon got to it. There were some other great moments. Also hardly put a foot wrong all night. A captain's performance.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:35 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Well no question.He is the best big game player I have seen.Always turns up on the big stage.He had a great game.
Just thought Busquets and Suarez were slightly better.

It feels great to read this especially when it comes from you.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:40 pm

Would be interesting to hear the opinion of some Juve fans on the 2 tactical screwups by Allegri.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ahmad25 Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:55 pm

Messi was MOM for me. Showed up in the most important moment when it was 1-1. And involved in others goals too.
Neymar was second best. Iniesta was third

I just feel bad for Suarez. He was going to be match winner and hero but Neymar ruined it in the last seconds. And i think Suarez was very sad for this Neutral
ahmad25
ahmad25
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Love love love!
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:59 pm

ahmad25 wrote:I just feel bad for Suarez. He was going to be match winner and hero but Neymar ruined it in the last seconds. And i think Suarez was very sad for this Neutral

What the f***?!?!?!?!
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Btw Mascherano had a crap game, good lord
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:08 pm

What? he had a crap first minute, but overall a solid game, he had a game-saving interception of a Pogba to Tevez cross that would've left Carlitos one on one with MATS.

Alba is the one that deserves our wrath.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:13 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What? he had a crap first minute, but overall a solid game, he had a game-saving interception of a Pogba to Tevez cross that would've left Carlitos one on one with MATS.

Alba is the one that deserves our wrath.

I agree completely but even Alba made up by having that almost assist for Neymar. On a night like this I cannot feel wrath towards any Barcelona player who took to the pitch. They are all heroes!!!

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:16 pm

Agreed, all Heroes tonight

Lets celebrate ! Been a long season, wanted to send some love to all you guys Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:28 pm

Messi's match summed up in one image:

https://i.imgur.com/zhgOMT7.png
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:34 pm

Juve focused too much on keeping Messi out of the game. Barca is not only Messi
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:47 pm

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi join Seedorf as the only players to have won 4 CLs since the new format is in place.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:52 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Messi, Iniesta and Xavi join Seedorf as the only players to have won 4 CLs since the new format is in place.

Don't forget Gerard. Wink
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:53 pm

He only has 3, he wasn't there in 2006, right?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Deja Vu Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:54 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He only has 3, he wasn't there in 2006, right?

He wasn't but he won it with ManU in 2008. Very Happy
Deja Vu
Deja Vu
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:55 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Messi, Iniesta and Xavi join Seedorf as the only players to have won 4 CLs since the new format is in place.

Yes and selfishly I have to point out that the only player who saw the pitch in all four of those finals is Andres Iniesta. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:He only has 3, he wasn't there in 2006, right?

He wasn't but he won it with ManU in 2008. Very Happy
Ah, true. Good point Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:15 am

Vi amo
I love you
Te quiero

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Congrats Barca.
One of most deserved CL ever.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:04 am

Robespierre wrote:Vi amo
I love you
Te quiero

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Congrats Barca.
One of most deserved CL ever.

Yes very much. So dominant for the entire knock out stages.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:09 pm

What an interesting game and what a fitting way that the last kick of the game, was the goal to kill the game.

The first 15 minutes I think Juve gave too much respect and watched us a little too much. This can be a problem when the tactics are to wait for the opponant, get men behind the ball and apply pressure when its already in the midfield/attack. And we took advantage with that fast start, what a great goal that was.

But all it took was a couple of Vidal fouls and Bonnuci old school knee in the back of the striker to wake them up and it was seriously game on.

But we never struggled to create, we always was a danger to score and there was many almost moments.

I will stop the analysis there, there is alot which could be mentioned but its not the right time for that. This is a historic event and what a time it is to be a Barcelona fan today.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next