Who is the best Player you have ever seen in his absolute best?

+49
Kaladin
Muppet
nichabr
Pip
VivaStPauli
El Messico
Dnmac4
Perucho21
B-Mac
breva
zenmaster
BarcaLearning
Kick
Collblanc
M99
sree999
izzy
zigra
Curtinho
McLewis
Superstone Mariomintsch
neuro11
zizzle
salmano9
MaraVilla
Bankz
Nishankly
Hapless_Hans
Ganso
Cruijf
guest_07
RealGunner
Harmonica
rwo power
BORUSSIA!!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BusterLfc
jibers
Myesyats
danyjr
terrance511
Red Alert
junkyard
Forza
Robespierre
marottalad
Valkyrja
McAgger
Beautiful Football
53 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Who is the best Player you have ever seen in his absolute best? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the best Player you have ever seen in his absolute best?

Post by B-Mac Tue May 12, 2015 2:29 am

Ronaldinho wowed me differently then Messi does

Ronaldinho did stuff with a ball at full speed I didn't think was possible that with all his other tricks

Messi wow's me in a more tactical way, less flash but so effortless at what he does

that said

Ibrahimovic is probably my favourite non United player ever :coffee:

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who is the best Player you have ever seen in his absolute best? - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is the best Player you have ever seen in his absolute best?

Post by Perucho21 Tue May 12, 2015 3:09 am

R9 :bow:
Perucho21
Perucho21
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue May 12, 2015 4:10 am

It's kind of Crazy no one has said Iniesta yet.

My vote would go to Messi just because he is the total package when he's 100% on form with the goals, assists, the passing to set up the assist, dribbling players, through balls etc etc etc
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Messico Tue May 12, 2015 5:30 am

Messi by far, and I had the opportunity to see him live 6 times, at different points of his career. The best touch of any player I've ever seen, he can do absolutely everything. He has atleast one major strength over every single one of his competitors and the others on this list.

Next is Xavi, never seen a player dominate a game like this guy. Always available, always with the ball, always making the right decisions, unbelievable player he was. First leg vs Arsenal in 2010, I was lucky enough to be at the Emirates to watch the best half of football I've ever seen from any team, and he basically ran the entire show.

Ronaldo Fenomeno. Have only watched him on TV, he's the most explosive player in a long time. There are individual games where he's just nigh on unstoppable.

Iniesta - Unfortunately he was below par or injured the games I got to watch Barca live but it's undeniable that he is otherwise the smoothest and silkiest player I've seen. Hesitation, touch and close control are what make him so wonderful to watch.

Finally, Kaka - I still remember what one of the commentators said during a CL clash vs Arsenal - "Kaka is so fast that sometimes he himself forgets how elegant he is". Could not agree more. At his peak, went past people like they weren't there. Just used to glide on the pitch at 50 miles an hour.

El Messico
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue May 12, 2015 6:33 am

Xavi definitely deserves a mention, he often plays a perfect game, dictating and controlling the whole process. Of cos he has other players like Busquets helping out but still, his decision making is always spot on, and he virtually never loses the ball. Was a pleasure watching him own any midfield a few years back, just amazing.

Really sad to see him leave this summer, this season hes shown he still has it and vital. I hope his absence next season wont affect us too much Sad

Kaka declined so fast, a bit like Ronaldinho for a period of time, its strange.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue May 12, 2015 12:45 pm

If you count players I have seen on recordings, but not live, it's probably a tossup between Cruyff, Beckenbauer, and Maradona.

If it's only players I have seen live a lot, it's between Matthäus, Zidane, R9, Dinho, and Ballack, imho.
I have to admit that I'm easily impressed by players being alrounders though, so I might be overrating Loddar and Ballack. Maybe even Zizou, to a degree. Maybe I'm discounting some of the genius of the Brazilians because they didn't work hard defensively.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 12, 2015 12:56 pm

well Loddar deserves to be up there no doubt.
I would've named him but I got dissuaded by the anticipation of pages of outcry.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Tue May 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Why? Despite him always saying something ridiculous when handed a mic, he was a beyond brilliant footballer.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Absolutely.

Also, the things he says aren't even ridiculous anymore, it's just his lovable ridiculous Fränkisch pronunciation he can't get rid off lol.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Tue May 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Ronaldo is the best player that I have ever seen live. I saw him play against La Real in September 1996, he scored 2 goals. I will never forget how he tricked Alberto and walked with the ball before touching it into the net.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue May 12, 2015 4:25 pm

Nesta for defence considering he shut down the guy whose #1 on most of your lists(messi) even though he wasn't at his best at the time.

Kaka for offence since at his best he took on way more on his shoulders than any of the others I have seen mentioned. Individually better than all the rest at his best.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 12, 2015 4:47 pm

nichabr wrote:Nesta for defence considering he shut down the guy whose #1 on most of your lists(messi) even though he wasn't at his best at the time.

Kaka for offence since at his best he took on way more on his shoulders than any of the others I have seen mentioned. Individually better than all the rest at his best.
Nesta shutting down Messi is the football myth, even bigger than Maradona single-handedly carrying Napoli to first Scudetto.

Spoiler:

The last freekick from Nesta foul.

3 goals, 3 assists, involved 7/8 team goals, 2 yellows for Nesta in 4 games, being the MoM in 3/4, including the elimination of Milan.

Really shut him down. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Harmonica wrote:
nichabr wrote:Nesta for defence considering he shut down the guy whose #1 on most of your lists(messi) even though he wasn't at his best at the time.

Nesta shutting down Messi is the football myth, even bigger than Maradona single-handedly carrying Napoli to first Scudetto.

Spoiler:

3 goals, 3 assists, involved 7/8 team goals, 2 yellows for Nesta in 4 games, being the MoM in 3/4, including the elimination of Milan.

Despite all this evidencentre clueless fans will still say the same thing. One tackle and they rave about him Shutting down Messi. You couldn't make it up.

I'm waiting for nichbar to respond to this post. No doubt there will be some back tracking or changing of words. Please respond.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 12, 2015 4:53 pm

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Spoiler:

Despite all this evidencentre clueless fans will still say the same thing. One tackle and they rave about him Shutting down Messi. You couldn't make it up.

I'm waiting for nichbar to respond to this post. No doubt there will be some back tracking or changing of words. Please respond.
That's true, funnily enough I have this post saved because of that, and which I just copy&paste every time somebody tries to do this.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 12, 2015 4:55 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Spoiler:

That's true, funnily enough I have this post saved because of that, and which I just copy&paste every time somebody tries to do that.

Messi is lucky to have you as a wife fan (:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 12, 2015 4:59 pm

jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

That's true, funnily enough I have this post saved because of that, and which I just copy&paste every time somebody tries to do that.

Messi is lucky to have you as a wife fan (:
Who is the best Player you have ever seen in his absolute best? - Page 4 HKBnvHw
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Muppet Tue May 12, 2015 5:19 pm

Lord Bendtner
Muppet
Muppet
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue May 12, 2015 5:54 pm

Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

Spoiler:

That's true, funnily enough I have this post saved because of that, and which I just copy&paste every time somebody tries to do this.

No changing of words...an aged Nesta beyond his best days did that well against a Messi that is on top of all your lists...and I consider him the best player I have seen at his absolute best...now get off my ass and focus on not talking shit about someone's opinion and calling them clueless.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 12, 2015 6:01 pm

nichabr wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

No changing of words...an aged Nesta beyond his best days did that well against a Messi that is on top of all your lists...and I consider him the best player I have seen at his absolute best...now get off my ass and focus on not talking shit about someone's opinion and calling them clueless.
Nesta did good individually against Messi, did he shut him down? Not even close.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue May 12, 2015 6:09 pm

nichabr wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
jibers wrote:

He made one tackle, and harmonica showed you he was turned inside out by Messi bar that 1 time...

If you talk rubbish despite evidence to the contrary you get called out. first you said that Nesta shut him out, then after being proven wrong, you then moved the goal post and sand he did well despite his age. You changed the terms of your opinion as I predicted. Not all opinions are equal. Maybe stop hyping up player performances due to nostalgia and actually analyse the performances what they are.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue May 12, 2015 6:26 pm

jibers wrote:
nichabr wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

He made one tackle, and harmonica showed you he was turned inside out by Messi bar that 1 time...

If you talk rubbish despite evidence to the contrary you get called out. first you said that Nesta shut him out, then after being proven wrong, you then moved the goal post and sand he did well despite his age. You changed the terms of your opinion as I predicted. Not all opinions are equal. Maybe stop hyping up player performances due to nostalgia and actually analyse the performances what they are.

1 tackle?! He made countless efforts to stop Messi in that match, for a 37 yr old, what more do you expect Laughing

https://twitter.com/ACMilanNorway/status/596072385897431044

Unfortunately i can't find a highlight real that shows most of his highlights on youtube/vine

1 tackle Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue May 12, 2015 6:36 pm

jibers wrote:
nichabr wrote:
Harmonica wrote:

If you talk rubbish despite evidence to the contrary you get called out. first you said that Nesta shut him out, then after being proven wrong, you then moved the goal post and sand he did well despite his age. You changed the terms of your opinion as I predicted. Not all opinions are equal. Maybe stop hyping up player performances due to nostalgia and actually analyse the performances  what they are.

Big whoop I was given evidence from someone who probably wears Messi jockey shorts to sleep with his life size Messi lovedoll beside him and I was only given negative gifs of the matches and he left out everything good Nesta did....Should I go looking for gifs of Messi constantly doing crap and ignore all of his amazing stuff? No I don't have time for that shit nor do I care to explain more than I have.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 12, 2015 6:38 pm

nichabr wrote:
jibers wrote:
nichabr wrote:

If you talk rubbish despite evidence to the contrary you get called out. first you said that Nesta shut him out, then after being proven wrong, you then moved the goal post and sand he did well despite his age. You changed the terms of your opinion as I predicted. Not all opinions are equal. Maybe stop hyping up player performances due to nostalgia and actually analyse the performances  what they are.

Big whoop I was given evidence from someone who probably wears Messi jockey shorts to sleep with his life size Messi lovedoll beside him and I was only given negative gifs of the matches and he left out everything good Nesta did....Should I go looking for gifs of Messi constantly doing crap and ignore all of his amazing stuff? No I don't have time for that shit nor do I care to explain more than I have.
Well you basically did that with your original post, you hyped Nesta and ignored the stuff Messi did in those matches.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue May 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Harmonica wrote:
nichabr wrote:
jibers wrote:

Well you basically did that with your original post, you hyped Nesta and ignored the stuff Messi did in those matches.

How did I ignore them? Not mentioning and ignoring are completely different things.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue May 12, 2015 6:46 pm

nichabr wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
nichabr wrote:

How did I ignore them? Not mentioning and ignoring are completely different things.
You said Nesta shut down Messi. He didn't, not even close.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue May 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Harmonica wrote:
nichabr wrote:
Harmonica wrote:Well you basically did that with your original post, you hyped Nesta and ignored the stuff Messi did in those matches.

You said Nesta shut down Messi. He didn't, not even close.

That is exactly why the normally calm and collected Messi was beating the pitch in frustration due to Nesta constantly stopping him....Not sure how often we have seen Messi like that but personally I have only ever seen him like that once.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next