The Demon of Carthage
terrance511
Robespierre
salmano9
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Do you like Cristiano Ronaldo?

To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Vote_lcap31%To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Vote_lcap15%To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 2 ]
To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Vote_lcap54%To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Vote_rcap 54% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 13

To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Empty To Real Madrid Fans(mainly)

Post by salmano9 Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Many RM fans out there don't like CR7 but appreciate what he is doing, of course... IMO, if I was a RM fan, I wouldn't like him, cuz of his arrogance.

Do you love him or dislike him for his personality?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

To Real Madrid Fans(mainly) Empty Re: To Real Madrid Fans(mainly)

Post by Robespierre Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:16 pm

I still miss Davor Suker.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:17 pm

8/10 will ***** his **** and tell him he's good

if he pay me well.
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:27 pm

It baffles me. I never really understood why would some people cast aside what should merely be the sole criterion for making a player assessment: their performance on the pitch and nothing else. Instead, they cling to futile, extraneous remarks.

The day when people start watching football for the sake of football, solely focusing on the beautiful game, with no resentment, no hatred, no jealousy, no personal agendas, the world will be a much better place. But until then, we'll have to watch it with people thinking football is a popularity contest.

I didn't vote, simply because I really don't care about his personality. I only care about what he does on the pitch, anything else is none of my business and doesn't concern me in the slightest. As long as he's committed to our cause, he's good in my book. And as far as Cristiano Ronaldo is concerned, he's the most professional player in the game. That's all I need from him. That's all I want from him. That's all I need to know.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:35 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:It baffles me. I never really understood why would some people cast aside what should merely be the sole criterion for making a player assessment: their performance on the pitch and nothing else. Instead, they cling to futile, extraneous remarks.

The day when people start watching football for the sake of football, solely focusing on the beautiful game, with no resentment, no hatred, no jealousy, no personal agendas, the world will be a much better place. But until then, we'll have to watch it with people thinking football is a popularity contest.

I didn't vote, simply because I really don't care about his personality. I only care about what he does on the pitch, anything else is none of my business and doesn't concern me in the slightest. As long as he's committed to our cause, he's good in my book. And as far as Cristiano Ronaldo is concerned, he's the most professional player in the game. That's all I need from him. That's all I want from him. That's all I need to know.

This is complete and utter bullshit!

Since ever football fans gave their piece of mind on a player if he has a sort of cocky attitude.

George Best
Eric Cantona
Mario Balotelli...
to name a few.
Now some people come and say that it is some personal agenda or something when we just give our opinions on Ronaldo's ridiculous behaviour on the pitch sometimes. You don't like it? Madrid fans don't like it? Well suck it up, it is happening and people will continue to pick on a player who thinks too much of himself and puts his personal glory ahead of the team.

And lol at "I only care what he does on the pitch" when his theatrics are on the pitch during game time.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:37 pm

^cool story bro.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:40 pm

El Gunner wrote:This is complete and utter bullshit!

Since ever football fans gave their piece of mind on a player if he has a sort of cocky attitude.

George Best
Eric Cantona
Mario Balotelli...
to name a few.
Now some people come and say that it is some personal agenda or something when we just give our opinions on Ronaldo's ridiculous behaviour on the pitch sometimes. You don't like it? Madrid fans don't like it? Well suck it up, it is happening and people will continue to pick on a player who thinks too much of himself and puts his personal glory ahead of the team.

And lol at "I only care what he does on the pitch" when his theatrics are on the pitch during game time.

:facepalm:

Eric Cantona, George Best, Cristiano actually BACK UP their arrogance with their play consistently. You can be as arrogant and as douchy as you want, as long as you back it up. That's why many celebrate George Beset, Cantona and Ronaldo. They back up their arrogance with their level of play.

Just like Ali, Mayweather, Bolt.
Unlike, Balotelli, Amir Khan, Bendtner (Laughing)

Balotelli gets criticized because his level of play does not warrant his attitude on the pitch.

Name players with an arrogance who actually back it up, not guys who don't produce.

Balotelli Laughing smh.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:44 pm

izzy wrote:
El Gunner wrote:This is complete and utter bullshit!

George Best
Eric Cantona
Mario Balotelli...
to name a few.

:facepalm:

Eric Cantona, George Best, Cristiano actually BACK UP their arrogance with their play consistently. You can be as arrogant and as douchy as you want, as long as you back it up.

Balotelli gets criticized because his level of play does not warrant his attitude on the pitch.

Name players with an arrogance who actually back it up, not guys who don't produce.

Balotelli Laughing smh.

Well I just did.

And lol it isn't about backing up his arrogance. If you guys think backing up his shity behaviour like today with his stat padding is enough to warrant his theatrics then there must be something wrong I think.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:46 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:It baffles me. I never really understood why would some people cast aside what should merely be the sole criterion for making a player assessment: their performance on the pitch and nothing else. Instead, they cling to futile, extraneous remarks.

Agree with this in general but not so sure he's the most professional player in the game tbh.

He's professional to the point of doing everything he can to be the best and improve himself as an individual. But the best professional in the game would give up any individual goals he has for the good of the team.

I'm not particularly convinced he cares about more winning trophies than he does winning Balon D'ors which is what the best professional in the game would do. He's extremely professional up to a point but not as far as that claim would seem to be.

Agree on the attitude thing in general, i personally wouldn't give a shit either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:56 pm

El Gunner wrote:Well I just did.

And lol it isn't about backing up his arrogance. If you guys think backing up his shity behaviour like today with his stat padding is enough to warrant his theatrics then there must be something wrong I think.

Well then, that makes no sense. Comparing Balotelli to those guys...............

The dude has routinely said that he cares about winning individual awards. This isn't new. If that's what he needs to motivate himself and it results in selfish moments? So be it. I don't care because for 6 years now at Real Madrid, I've seen the outcome of what his attitude brings. He's not a hugs and kisses and celebrate with everybody guy, he's not. So what? The dude pursues excellence and gets pissed if he doesn't think he's achieved it.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pseudo Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:58 pm

It's not his arrogance it's his selfishness play and attitude that rubs me the wrong way.

When he won the CL I'm pretty sure he was happy mainly because the trophy guaranteed him the Balon D'or.

This was a guy that after scoring a goal against Bayern was more obsessed with pointing out that he scored 15 goals, rather than being happy his team making it to the semis.

Let's not forget his non reaction after Ramos' equalizer that saved RMs season. Compare that to how he celebrated after scoring the fourth goal in a match that was already done and dusted.

Last edited by Pseudo on Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Pseudo
Pseudo
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:00 am

izzy wrote:
El Gunner wrote:Well I just did.

Well then, that makes no sense. Comparing Balotelli to those guys...............

The dude has routinely said that he cares about winning individual awards. This isn't new. If that's what he needs to motivate himself and it results in selfish moments? So be it. I don't care because for 6 years now at Real Madrid, I've seen the outcome of what his attitude brings. He's not a hugs and kisses and celebrate with everybody guy, he's not. So what? The dude pursues excellence and gets pissed if he doesn't think he's achieved it.

You know true and well I brought up examples of players who get/were picked on for their attitude.
You brought the backing up your attitude part into the story.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:09 am

El Gunner wrote:You know true and well I brought up examples of players who get/were picked on for their attitude.

*sigh*

Do you not see the correlation between the players you brought up?
Eric Cantona was not criticized for his attitude. He had issues with the FFF which led to him being booed and constantly criticized in his home country. When he joined Man Utd from Leeds, people questioned whether he would need to change his attitude to work with Fergie.

He didn't. His level of play went up remarkably and NO ONE CARED about his attitude or arrogance till he fly kicked the Palace fan.

Best? All he cared about was women and drinking. Football was second....... so actually I don't even know why you brought up Best?

Balotelli shouldn't even be brought up with that because AGAIN, if Balotelli was producing at a great and consistent rate, people wouldn't care about his twitter, his T-shirt, his fireworks or whatever.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:12 am

izzy wrote:
El Gunner wrote:You know true and well I brought up examples of players who get/were picked on for their attitude.

*sigh*

Do you not see the correlation between the players you brought up?
Eric Cantona was not criticized for his attitude. He had issues with the FFF which led to him being booed and constantly criticized in his home country. When he joined Man Utd from Leeds, people questioned whether he would need to change his attitude to work with Fergie.

He didn't. His level of play went up remarkably and NO ONE CARED about his attitude or arrogance till he fly kicked the Palace fan.

Best? All he cared about was women and drinking. Football was second....... so actually I don't even know why you brought up Best?

Balotelli shouldn't even be brought up with that because AGAIN, if Balotelli was producing at a great and consistent rate, people wouldn't care about his twitter, his T-shirt, his fireworks or whatever.

Ok, sorry then.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:15 am

I get the whole putting pressure on himself to score thing, but CR needs to chill out big time, his gestures comes across like he doesn't want anybody else on the team to score, which sometimes messes up the team fact

At this point in his career cr must realize that he ain't gonna score every game, stop making it others fault for not giving him better passes or taking the chances themselves, scoring goals doesn't mean you can flip out every time you don't score, and then be happy for your teammate.

The team is trying to stay in the hunt for the league, that where his focus should be, not pass cr the ball for 90 mins to win him the golden boot campaign
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:31 am

the more he wants a goal, the worse he seems to play.
if he were not so obsessed and was more relaxed goals would come easier to him.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:12 am

He's an egotistical douchebag who wouldn't give a damn if RM lost 5-1 as long as it was he who scored their solitary goal.

I remember when his ego got too big in his final season with us that he threw an almighty strop at OT after being substituted, despite it being the only time he was subbed in that entire season. Dared to do it front of SAF too.

I think he's focusing on his rivalry with Messi too much.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:15 am

The Demon of Carthage wrote:I only care about what he does on the pitch, anything else is none of my business and doesn't concern me in the slightest
So, what do you think of Ched Evans? Pretty decent footballer, eh?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:24 am

I fear for his health. The numbers against Messi obviously matter a lot to him. In 2 years when he is 32 and declining and Messi remains in his absolute prime with 29 he might implode on the spot if he can't keep up with the numbers anymore.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:45 am

Lex wrote:So, what do you think of Ched Evans? Pretty decent footballer, eh?

This makes zero sense. :facepalm:

What does his issues off the field got to do with his ability on the pitch?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:53 am

You really need to make sure that whatever you're tossing into the conversation is going to hold water. You're just like the other guy who mentioned Balotelli in the same breath as Cristiano Ronaldo.

1. Evans was indicted of rape. Ronaldo is being criticized for being arrogant. You're lumping something illegal (and heinous) with arrogance. See the difference?

2. Evans is not even fit to lace Ronaldo's shoes in terms of skills, accomplishments and worldwide appeal.

3. As far as I'm concerned, a player has the right to do whatever the hell he deems fit in his personal life as long as it's legal, and as long as it is, nobody has the right to shove their nose in it. As for his attitude, personality, shoe size, and the color of his underwear; I couldn't care less really. Last time I checked, I'm not marrying the guy.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:05 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:You really need to make sure that whatever you're tossing into the conversation is going to hold water. You're just like the other guy who mentioned Balotelli in the same breath as Cristiano Ronaldo.

1. Evans was indicted of rape. Ronaldo is being criticized for being arrogant. You're lumping something illegal (and heinous) with arrogance. See the difference?

2. Evans is not even fit to lace Ronaldo's shoes in terms of skills, accomplishments and worldwide appeal.

3. As far as I'm concerned, a player has the right to do whatever the hell he deems fit in his personal life as long as it's legal, and as long as it is, nobody has the right to shove their nose in it. As for his attitude, personality, shoe size, and the color of his underwear; I couldn't care less really. Last time I checked, I'm not marrying the guy.

Laughing unbelievable
What in God's name do you and izzy not understand that I was just listing players who get criticised for their shit attitudes.

In no way was I comparing him to Ronaldo.

Can't you two distinguish between the two.

unbelievable :facepalm:

Seems like you two are the ones who just lump things into the conversation which I didn't even bring up.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:08 pm

izzy wrote:
Lex wrote:So, what do you think of Ched Evans? Pretty decent footballer, eh?

This makes zero sense. :facepalm:

What does his issues off the field got to do with his ability on the pitch?
What you do off the field can affect what you do on the field. Can't exactly help your team win anything if, say, you're behind bars.
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Lex wrote:What you do off the field can affect what you do on the field. Can't exactly help your team win anything if, say, you're behind bars.

That's not what you were saying. You sarcastically called him a 'Decent Footballer'.

Again, what does his issues off the pitch have to do with his football ability?

Oh I get it. I should think less of him as a footballer because of his off the field issues right?

Like Tony Adams? Maradona? Gascoigne? Di Canio? Mayweather? Tiger Woods? Ray Lewis? Ben Roethlisberger?

@El Gunner, I'm not even gonna waste time explaining it to you again because if you can't understand the difference between criticizing Balotelli because you believe his attitude on the field hinders his ability and comparing that to Best, Cantona and Ronaldo then there is nothing left to say......
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:24 pm

i agree with all of this. same reason i didn't vote either. dude's job is to perform on the pitch, he does that and it helps my team win. obviously if he was involved in some vile illegal things away from the pitch then i wouldn't want him on the team, but to get bent out of shape for things like not celebrating, celebrating too much and all that stuff, is no concern of mine. his professionalism can't be questioned and as far as real madrid is concerned, that's what matters to me
titosantill
titosantill
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next