The Madrid One
Jay29
DagenhamDave
Sushi Master
Albiceleste
79 posters

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next

Go down

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post by Doc Fri 4 Nov - 18:00:15

the_gooner wrote:Np.

Wilshere is back for me, but I can't get him going ffs. I can't even try out different roles because the team is doing good and it aint no time to feck around the tactics.

Selling Squillaci is a mission. The douche always wants money to move.

Pay them the money especially if you get a good price for unwanted players.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 19 Empty Re: Official Football Manager Thread

Post by Amar Fri 4 Nov - 18:12:03

No chance I'm paying Squillaci 12k per week for 3 years.

He's going for a shit price, and I'd only be making 500k off the deal.

Just parked the bus against Barcelona at the Camp Nou and got a draw LOLZ.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri 4 Nov - 18:14:01

What's his wages like?
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 4 Nov - 19:23:51

Wilshere comes back sluggish as hell. I'm playing him just to get him in form because his physical attributes suffered a lot.

Squillaci I haven't been able to sell, either. Diaby I sold and I had to pay him like 5k or something. I've been offloading a lot of dead weight and given the key guys all new contracts. Madrid offered 25m for Sagna.

Nothing like raping Madrid in the Bernabeu with blitzkrieg counters.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 4 Nov - 20:29:22

I did the smart thing and removed Wilshere's injury before starting up a game. Maybe that could be considered cheating, but meh.

Anyway, check out this cheeky bit of business the AI just did in the first January window:

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 19 Sunderlandsignhazardwut

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 4 Nov - 20:33:44

Weird. Hazard is valued at like 40m yet I bought him for 16.5m, also in the winter transfer window.

Goetze just signed a new 5 year contract, though Sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 4 Nov - 20:39:23

I decided to be a prude and sign the younger brother, Thorgen Hazard.

Got my sights on Jese from Real Madrid, now, since Arsenal are a bit lacking in the young striker department.

Van Persie may be a bit hard to replace, though, with his 25 goals in 28 games and whatnot.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri 4 Nov - 21:01:24

Anyone use this tactic??

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2011-tactics-training/60554-4-2-2-2-il-devasto.html
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri 4 Nov - 21:02:03

Seems as though FM has picked up on the Arsenal Injury Curse.

My injured list

Van Persie - out 4 months
Mertesacker - out 3 months
Afellay - out 3 months
Walcott - out 7/8 weeks
Sagna - was out for 1 month
Arteta - just broke his foot, out for the season

:facepalm:

Ramsey, Wilshere, and Song are carrying the team.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri 4 Nov - 21:03:59

GoonerJay29 wrote:I decided to be a prude and sign the younger brother, Thorgen Hazard.

Got my sights on Jese from Real Madrid, now, since Arsenal are a bit lacking in the young striker department.

Van Persie may be a bit hard to replace, though, with his 25 goals in 28 games and whatnot.

With the right role, Walcott is an absolute beast up front.

He had 29 goals in 35 appearances before he got injured.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 4 Nov - 21:09:35

the_gooner wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:I decided to be a prude and sign the younger brother, Thorgen Hazard.

With the right role, Walcott is an absolute beast up front.

He had 29 goals in 35 appearances before he got injured.

As a poacher, Walcott is indeed beastly. I had him break Henry's record on FM11.

He's excelling as an inside forward for me currently, though he gets the ocassional game up front since I use a two striker formation at times.

How's Gervinho been for you? He's been rather crap for me, for some reason. Marco Reus is beasting it in his place.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 4 Nov - 21:20:32

Argh. Won the PL but got mauled by United in the CL final. Everyone was tired as shit and Wilshere ain't 100% yet. At least I beat Madrid, Inter and ManC to get there.

Gervinho has been decent for me, my only complaint is his horrible finishing, which is weird, since he has striker finishing and composure stats. I set my wingers to constantly rotate and they wreak havoc down the wings. He's also a decent passer. Got the left flank set to inside forward, which suits his right foot and on the right he's a winger, so he crosses or passes.

Benayoun is great, too. His workrate was a wonder for those CL matches plus since he's on loan, you don't feel bad about playing him tired or with a knock. Very Happy

If you're looking for strikers, get Rondón. You can get him for like 10m and his stats go up crazy. Then again, I'm biased and will be selling Chamakh Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri 4 Nov - 21:38:00

Sushi Master wrote:Argh. Won the PL but got mauled by United in the CL final. Everyone was tired as shit and Wilshere ain't 100% yet. At least I beat Madrid, Inter and ManC to get there.

Gervinho has been decent for me, my only complaint is his horrible finishing, which is weird, since he has striker finishing and composure stats. I set my wingers to constantly rotate and they wreak havoc down the wings. He's also a decent passer. Got the left flank set to inside forward, which suits his right foot and on the right he's a winger, so he crosses or passes.

Benayoun is great, too. His workrate was a wonder for those CL matches plus since he's on loan, you don't feel bad about playing him tired or with a knock. Very Happy

If you're looking for strikers, get Rondón. You can get him for like 10m and his stats go up crazy. Then again, I'm biased and will be selling Chamakh Very Happy

hehehehehe Twisted Evil
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 4 Nov - 21:38:57

Chamakh's doing alright for me, actually, so I'll probably keep him around for a season or two longer. I've got Jese Rodriguez in (a whopping £7.5mil) and he's going to be my "project", if you will.

Well, him and Szczesny, Craig Dawson, Lucas Digne, Kieran Gibbs, Mattias Johannson, Francis Coquelin, Aaron Ramsey, Jack Wilshere, Thorgan Hazard, Ryo Miyaichi and Alex Chamberlain.

Too many kids. Embarassed

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 4 Nov - 21:50:50

I've had several of those projects, usually around 2 or 3 players. But the number you have is insane. I go nuts with 3 players, tutoring them, rotating them, calculating if it's worth the risk to play them. It's hell in a challenging league such as the Premier, there are no easy teams.

I also find it hilarious I won the league with 59 goals (same as Wolves), but then again I only let in 18 (Chelsea let in 21).

Goddamn I suck at playing without a poacher. I guess I need to put the wings or the advanced playmaker on attack.

Also, just got Martin for 3.2m. He was transfer listed after the season ended.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri 4 Nov - 21:54:31

Marvin Martin??

I let you use my PC for a couple days to get these players with these prices.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 4 Nov - 22:00:00

There are a lot, but I don't spend that much money and prefer having smaller squads, so it's easier for me to give these kids time on the pitch. Also, I'm 11 points clear at the top of the league at the end of January (lost 0, conceded a grand total of 4 goals) so I can afford to rotate a bit here and there.

Szczesny is my number one and develops fine on his own. Likewise Wilshere, who's my first choice AMC and Ramsey, who I rotate with Arteta. Dawson will replace Djourou when he returns from his loan at Lorient (absolutely beasting it over there), while Johansson will be sent out again (Eardley is proving to be a pretty good backup for Sagna), Digne will be backup for Gibbs because Andre Santos is horrible as a defender, Hazard will backup Wilshere and Miyaichi will backup Reus/Walcott/Gervinho.

Really, it's only Chamberlain and Jese that I need to decide what to do with. Loans are looking likely, but both are in need of tutoring, too. Chamberlain has a determination of 7...

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 4 Nov - 22:03:12

Yeah, Marvin. Since I'm playing 4-3-3 I need all the MCs I can get, and at that price you can't say no.

I got Hazard for 16.5m only because I saw City make a bid, so I matched theirs and did to them what they always do to Arsenal. I think he was unsettled because Lille were underperforming.

Martin, I noticed he was transfer listed after going through the Ligue 1 final scouting reports, and he's listed as not needed by the club... maybe he fell out with the manager or something?

I piss myself laughing at Tevez rotting on the bench and getting constantly fined at ManC, since no one is going to pay those wages Very Happy
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri 4 Nov - 22:05:05

Sime Vrsaljko = Best young RB in FM12 for 3.8m lol..

Or... its possible to unsettle highly rated Mario Fernandes RB/CB and get him for around 10m.

Jenkinson is meh in FM12.

Last edited by highburied on Fri 4 Nov - 22:12:06; edited 1 time in total
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri 4 Nov - 22:09:32

Ah, Vrsaljko. Always bought him in my Bayern games. He's a total beast and is cheap as hell.

If you're loaded, go for Srna. Djourou has also done very well as RB for me, since he rarely plays as CB for me.

My mission this transfer window will be to get rid of Squillaci.

Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Fri 4 Nov - 22:19:37

Im thinking of starting a new season.

Will concentrate on building a really young squad.

Not interested on immediate success.

Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri 4 Nov - 23:51:48

Man, January sucks. I played eight games, including a league cup semi-final against City and games against United and Chelsea. It's hard work, I tell you...

I played Bristol City away in the F.A. Cup 4th round, and they played this really weird 3-2-3-2 formation, with three cb's, two dm's, a cm, two wide midfielders and two strikers. If that wasn't annoying enough to play against, when they went 1-0 up, they switched to a flat back five, two defenisve midfielders, a centre mid and two strikers. Playing through that proved very difficult, and it took Mertesacker getting his meaty forehead onto a corner for us to get a replay.

Think I need a break. Neutral

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat 5 Nov - 0:15:55

got it on my psp Very Happy

gonna start right away, will keep u guys updated
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat 5 Nov - 4:29:42

Official Football Manager Thread - Page 19 Rofloga

:lol!:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sat 5 Nov - 5:19:57

SaintJoe wrote:Official Football Manager Thread - Page 19 Rofloga

:lol!:

affraid
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Sat 5 Nov - 5:31:10

I don't even use Gervinho even though his average rating is 7.30 this season now that I've got Afellay. I put Theo as my left inside forward, with Arteta/Afellay on the right as Advanced Playmakers with Arshavin there for support. Poor Gervinho can't get a sniff in.

I threw Benayoun to the reserves, and now he's concerned lulz. Park and Flapihandski have been bitching as well, so they're gonna be sold as well.

Djourou is brilliant to have. Doesn't complain about playing time, his wages are relatively low, and he can play as RB too.

My "projects" are Chamberlain, Rafinha, Coquelin, and Frimpong. Probably going to buy a shitload more in the offseason. Coquelin has been beastly for me too. Was crucial in my park the bus successes at the Bernabeu and Camp Nou.

I just pipped United to the league title, but now I'm about to play them in the CL final. Probably gonna get raped lol.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28 ... 38  Next