McLewis
Art Morte
Lord Spencer
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

U.S. senators urge FIFA not to let Russia host World Cup 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: U.S. senators urge FIFA not to let Russia host World Cup 2018

Post by Art Morte Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:30 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Problem is that the rumor is that the US and its closest allies (France, UK, Germany, Italy, etc) will boycott the Russian one unless Ukraine gets resolved by then.

I think it's dumb...  But it's about putting max economic pressure.  If those countries don't go, neither would their fans.

It would be a sanction.

A win for Argentina and Brazil, I'm game.

Would also increase Finland's chances of getting into the World Cup banana

#boycottRussia2018 #NoNatoNationsInRussia #FinlandsTimeToShine

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

U.S. senators urge FIFA not to let Russia host World Cup 2018 - Page 2 Empty Re: U.S. senators urge FIFA not to let Russia host World Cup 2018

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:37 am

rwo power wrote:I highly doubt that this boycott would go through in the football-mad countries. It's easy for the US to threaten not to send their soccer team, but I guess that in Germany the government would be toppled before we don't have the DFB-Team at a World Cup.
I would be willing to drop the entire notion of democracy and reinstate the Empire, if our monarchy were to be reignited by Kaiser Franz Beckenbauer I.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:49 am

I guess if Angie would declare Germany to boycot Russia 2018, I might consider founding the "Germany for Football Champions Party" and would probably manage a landslide victory in 2017 and become new German chancellor in the process. hmm
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:50 am

And it certainly would be "alternativlos" to vote for you.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:02 am

Raute raus!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:46 pm

A boycott is very likely if Russia does not stop the shenanigans in Crimea. It might not be such a big issue in Western Europe, but in America maintaining a "Free" in the American sense Ukraine is a big big deal. Especially based on close ties with the Ukrainian government. The same thing happened in 1980, and the US cared less for Afghanistan at that point than it does for Ukraine right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:49 pm

If the US boycotted the World Cup, noone would even notice tbh.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:00 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:If the US boycotted the World Cup, noone would even notice tbh.

US team being trash aside I think it would send ripples across the sporting world. A ton of dollars come through the US based purely on the size and economic pull of the nation. The guys in suits and ties would definitely notice.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:14 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:If the US boycotted the World Cup, noone would even notice tbh.

US team being trash aside I think it would send ripples across the sporting world. A ton of dollars come through the US based purely on the size and economic pull of the nation. The guys in suits and ties would definitely notice.

What if they just wear something else? They might ignore it then.

Sigh. It's not the same if it doesn't come out of MT's mouth.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:20 pm

I dunno, mtfußball has a nice ring to it hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Fußball wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

What if they just wear something else? They might ignore it then.

Sigh. It's not the same if it doesn't come out of MT's mouth.

Laughing

well played.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2