djfawnz
juvealbanian
salmano9
DeviAngel
dronte
40 posters

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

- | UEFA Champions League Thread | - 2015 -  - Page 3 Empty Re: - | UEFA Champions League Thread | - 2015 -

Post by inderbaby Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:42 pm

Agreed Vidal was his old self today!

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

- | UEFA Champions League Thread | - 2015 -  - Page 3 Empty Re: - | UEFA Champions League Thread | - 2015 -

Post by juvealbanian Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:45 pm

Yep, Vidal was really good tonight, hope he gains his old form completely...for Pogba as well,hope nothing serious with that injury.
juvealbanian
juvealbanian
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:46 pm

Wow really ? Vidal was really great with Marchisio but Pereyra was the best midfielder today he ran most of any player.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:49 pm

Tevez is just worldclass and that unselfishness for the Morata goal :bow:

Allegri :bow: I think he has finally earned my respect....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:51 pm

am shocked no one ever praises Evra, after his first few poor games, the guy is playing at top level......

definitely transformed our LB position.....
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Pereya is better as a CM for me! He is a runner and can really clock up the mileage then.

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:51 pm

Morata's attitude? Sad
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:54 pm

Morata was great tonight

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:09 pm

Marotta: 'Allegri silences sceptics'

Beppe Marotta said Juventus demolishing Borussia Dortmund proves the “sceptics” wrong about Max Allegri.

The Bianconeri won the first leg 2-1 and triumphed 3-0 at the Westfalenstadion to reach the Champions League quarter-finals.

They go into the draw with PSG, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Porto, Monaco, Atletico Madrid and Barcelona.

“I am here to give the just tribute to Massimiliano Allegri, who at the start of the season was welcomed with scepticism, yet has continued our winning trend,” director general Marotta told Sport Mediaset.

“We are top of the Serie A table and into the Champions League quarter-finals. He and the squad deserve all the credit for achieving this qualification with hard work.
“It took courage for Allegri to come here and the club had full faith in him. Antonio Conte won and it is right to remember what he won, but it is also right to underline what Allegri is doing.”

Does this mean that Juventus will soon sign a contract extension with the Coach?

“Right now let’s enjoy this wonderful night and focus on the imminent targets, including the Coppa Italia semi-final where we must overcome a negative first leg result.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:11 pm

Allegri: 'Juve can do better'

Max Allegri said Juventus “can do even better” in the Champions League after flattening Borussia Dortmund.

The Bianconeri secured a crushing 5-1 aggregate victory, including 3-0 at the Westfalenstadion, to reach the quarter-finals.

“The work was done all together between the club, team and Coach. The players allowed nothing to Borussia and I think over two legs they only had one real shot on target,” he told Sport Mediaset.

“It is an important result for Italian football, especially in the way it came about. This squad has everything needed to play even better than they did tonight.

“Obviously you go against sides of great quality and technique at this level, but the lads, the club and the fans all showed they are up to it.

“We can and must improve in terms of passing and game management. We above all did well in the second half. There was a moment of confusion when Paul Pogba went off for Andrea Barzagli.

“In general we were tactically astute and didn’t give away many free kicks either, apart from early on with Arturo Vidal.”

Carlos Tevez scored twice this evening and set up Alvaro Morata for a tap-in.

“We’ll see how the draw goes and then play our games. It is our duty to believe, just as we believed going into this round, as the team has great physical and tactical qualities.

“The defence can play with three or four, while everyone moved well and Tevez is an extraordinary striker. Not only does he score goals, but he also helps his teammates and works for the midfield too.

“It is a deserved victory, but we still look forward and can do even better.”

Allegri only arrived at Juventus a couple of days into pre-season training when Antonio Conte suddenly resigned. Is this qualification a personal victory for him over the critics?

“The first day I arrived at Vinovo, I said this team could improve a lot after three years of great results. Of course four at the back means developing the play differently, but the important thing is that everyone takes part and doesn’t just stick to their positions.

“I always believed this team could comfortably play with four at the back, as few sides in Europe have the players Juve do. I think this tactical versatility is a big advantage.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:20 pm

We have the means to win the Champions League (with a wee tad of luck of course). there! I said it! Feels good Razz
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:31 pm

Evra was amazing tonight, I was really impressed by him. Huge improvement by Chiellini as well. I haven't seen him look so comfortable in ages. Bonucci did great, so did Marchisio and Vidal, especially in the 2nd half. Lichsteiner had some good runs and was solid defensively. Barzagli was simply Barzagli. :bow: Moratta was a bit frustrating at times though but games like these and goals like the one he scored are what push players with potential to the next level. Next season he will be twice as good. Pereyra and Tevez were simply amazing tonight. Top performers. Also Allegri deserved this win so much. He's making people, including me chew our words. The way he prepared and set the team through-out the game was simply flawless.

All in all, a very serious, mature and professional performance by us tonight and a major factor for this is Allegri, again hats off to him.

Last edited by Andrew_p on Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:33 pm; edited 3 times in total

Andrew
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:32 pm

Its a really huge leap in quality since 2012-2013 Smile We can reach the SF. And immobile... This loss is for you!!!

Vidal is good defensively, but attacking wise, I don't know, I haven't seen much of his attacking plays today. Pereyra really has good chemistry with the team. He definitely isn't a winger, a CAM or CM... He played well in either positions today. The defense was a wall today. I loved it. We also defended so well on set pieces. I believe that it was something we worked on for a while.

Good interview by Allegri to motivate the team to do better. The Scudetto is in the bag, so we need to try and do the same in the coppa.

My only worry now is Morata's attitude. Why is he like this when he gets subbed off?
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Andrew_p wrote:Evra was amazing tonight, I was really impressed by him. Huge improvement by Chiellini as well. I haven't seen him look so comfortable in ages. Bonucci did great, so did Marchisio and Vidal, especially in the 2nd half. Lichsteiner had some good runs and was solid defensively. Barzagli was simply Barzagli. :bow: Moratta was a bit frustrating at times though but games like these and goals like the one he scored are what push players with potential to the next level. Next season he will be twice as good. Pereyra and Tevez were simply amazing tonight. Top performers. Also Allegri deserved this win so much. He's making people, including me chew our words. The way he prepared and set the team through-out the game was simply flawless.

All in all, a very serious, mature and professional performance by us tonight and a major factor for this is Allegri, again hats off to him.

It was the whole defense IMO, reminded me of Atleti really... They couldn't have a good chance to score, just like our game vs Atleti.
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by salmano9 Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:50 am

A JOYFUL SKY: "Two great races, Juventus must become aware in Europe. We have lost inizalmente distances to five, but then we have grown. Pogba? He has a problem with the flexor"
Talks about the coach.
18/03/2015 23:10 by Alessandro Vignati article read 6891 times
© photo by Daniele Buffa / Image Sport

Interviewed after the game of Sky, the Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri has analyzed the performance of the Juventus team in the challenge just backed away to Borussia Dortmund, for the return of the second round of the Champions League. This is evidenced by TuttoJuve.com.

An Italian team that dominates so against the finalist of 2013 is a great satisfaction what?

"We wanted to go through, and we did it with two very good games. Even in Turin, except for the slip of Chiellini, we had granted zero. We started well, then the accident of Pogba there was some problem of distances. In the second half all right, allowing zero. It 'a deserved success, the guys have shown they can do well and gamble in Europe. Three or four teams are over, but anything can happen. You have to play well technically, tonight it went well. It was tough against a Borussia who has always done well, but we think we are happy already to Genoa. "

You wrapped Klopp, allowing even a shot in two games is not giving them depth. Pereyra you put on Gundogan, as they do with you on Pirlo ...

"We had tested. Without Sahin, the only one with game times is Gundogan. By limiting him take off their game. At four we did well, five grounds were inizalmente halfway, then we rearranged. I'm happy for the preparation to action, without haste but with movement. "

Marotta has certified the beautiful season, you are the minimum targets. Things were deteriorating restart or the next will do even better?

"Let us now look at the championship. Between Genoa, Empoli and Parma nine points we need to do to close the championship. Juventus are aware of their own means, has quality technical and physical. It takes more tranquility and anxiety in Europe, we face great players and understand when you can and when you can not. In Italy win also not playing well, not in Europe. "

How's Pogba?

"He had a problem to the flexor. It ''s made his first career in physical problem, does not know the type of problem that has and extent".
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BoBo Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:33 am

DeviAngel wrote:Pereyra :bow: what a player, what a menace, potential to be WC player. Player who ran most in this tie.

Allegri :bow: :bow: :bow:
Tevez :bow: :bow: :bow:

CM8 also though dat assist
BoBo
BoBo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:40 am

BoBo wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Pereyra :bow: what a player, what a menace, potential to be WC player. Player who ran most in this tie.

Allegri :bow: :bow: :bow:
Tevez :bow: :bow: :bow:

CM8 also though dat assist

True true
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by djfawnz Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:33 am

I think we can all agree Pereyra has won his place in Juventus. He deserves to be bought at the end of the season.
djfawnz
djfawnz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:27 pm

Amazing match, so good I got totally wasted after, had to skip work today Very Happy

Pereyra was the one who showed up in the very best time, amazing performance. Imagine if we played with Pirlo lmao, probably would have ended in 0-0 or 0-1.

Tevez man of the match without a question though.

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:36 pm

No offense to Pirlo but he would have hampered us had he started last night, especially based on the style we were playing.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:17 pm

DeviAngel wrote:Wow really ? Vidal was really great with Marchisio but Pereyra was the best midfielder today he ran most of any player.

I think Vidal and Marchisio were better than Pereyra, especially defensively, but I'm probably going to watch Pereyra's highlights to see how he actually played. Either way, all three of them played a great game. Morata also played a great game even though he missed to pretty good chances. I felt as though Dortmund's defenders had a hard time dealing with him. Also, Tevez had a great run in the second half when it was still 1-0, and then he passed it to Morata but the goalkeeper stopped the shot I think.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:23 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:Wow really ? Vidal was really great with Marchisio but Pereyra was the best midfielder today he ran most of any player.

I think Vidal and Marchisio were better than Pereyra, especially defensively, but I'm probably going to watch Pereyra's highlights to see how he actually played. Either way, all three of them played a great game. Morata also played a great game even though he missed to pretty good chances. I felt as though Dortmund's defenders had a hard time dealing with him. Also, Tevez had a great run in the second half when it was still 1-0, and then he passed it to Morata but the goalkeeper stopped the shot I think.

2 of the 3 goals go on his behalf for the second he dribbled everyone from the right side and passed the ball to Tevez who passed it to Morata. Then he had direct assist for Tevez, and ran most km than any player on the pitch.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:29 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2401742-paul-pogba-and-andrea-pirlo-missing-but-roberto-pereyra-delivers-for-juventus
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GIGItheBest Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:54 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
GIGItheBest wrote:

2 of the 3 goals go on his behalf for the second he dribbled everyone from the right side and passed the ball to Tevez who passed it to Morata. Then he had direct assist for Tevez, and ran most km than any player on the pitch.

I don't remember the full play, but I know that for the second goal Marchisio gave a pass to Tevez who gave it to Morata for the goal. For the third goal he had a nice assist though. Anyways, defensively Vidal had 6 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 clearances and 1 blocked shot, while Marchisio had 1 tackles, 10 interceptions, 3 clearances and 1 blocked shot. Pereyra had 0 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 clearance and 0 blocked shots. I'm not hating on Pereyra and I actually think he played a great game yesterday, but I'm also saying that he wasn't better than Vidal and Marchisio, especially defensively. But I do agree that maybe he did a bit more than both of them offensively, especially by dribbling past players. He's a good player though, just needs to maybe start taking more shots and scoring more goals.
GIGItheBest
GIGItheBest
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:32 pm

GIGItheBest wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
GIGItheBest wrote:

I don't remember the full play, but I know that for the second goal Marchisio gave a pass to Tevez who gave it to Morata for the goal. For the third goal he had a nice assist though. Anyways, defensively Vidal had 6 tackles, 3 interceptions, 2 clearances and 1 blocked shot, while Marchisio had 1 tackles, 10 interceptions, 3 clearances and 1 blocked shot. Pereyra had 0 tackles, 2 interceptions, 1 clearance and 0 blocked shots. I'm not hating on Pereyra and I actually think he played a great game yesterday, but I'm also saying that he wasn't better than Vidal and Marchisio, especially defensively. But I do agree that maybe he did a bit more than both of them offensively, especially by dribbling past players. He's a good player though, just needs to maybe start taking more shots and scoring more goals.

Starting the game alongside Carlos Tevez and behind Alvaro Morata, Pereyra spent the first third of the match providing an outlet when the Bianconeri won the ball, then harassing opponents when it was lost.

However, that injury to Pogba and the subsequent shift in approach meant he moved further back, forming a midfield trio with Claudio Marchisio and Arturo Vidal as Allegri sought to preserve their advantage. Pereyra continued to work tirelessly in that deeper role, protecting the defence yet still breaking forward to support the attach whenever possible.

According to statistics from WhoScored.com, the 23-year-old made two interceptions and one clearance as he and Stephan Lichtsteiner ensured the right flank was controlled completely. Once possession was secured, he was similarly diligent, the same source showing he completed 89.2 percent of his passes.

Despite not taking a shot at goal, Pereyra was a threat that Borussia Dortmund struggled to contain, his running on the ball adding a different dimension to the Juve attack that would have been absent had Pirlo started the game.

His best moment came with little over 10 minutes remaining, gathering the ball just inside the opposition half and driving into the heart of the home side’s defence. Panic ensued, with the German side swarming round him, Pereyra had the vision to play in Tevez, and his compatriot would make no mistake in front of Roman Weidenfeller.

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:21 pm

- | UEFA Champions League Thread | - 2015 -  - Page 3 10848541_970805282964169_2842543144596518075_o

- | UEFA Champions League Thread | - 2015 -  - Page 3 11054515_970804916297539_3463241745701453205_o
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next