LeVersacci
TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Valkyrja
35 posters

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Martin Ødegaard discussion - Page 6 Empty Re: Martin Ødegaard discussion

Post by Doc Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:33 pm

Thimmy wrote:I watched the entire match. I don't think there's any point in posting about him on here, though. Did you watch it, Doc?

Of course, big fan of the O and unlike trying to watch Vitesse, this is waaaaaaay easier to follow as it's La Real and Spanish football in general.

Don't mind the match lacked all sorts of quality.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:45 pm

It was definitely not an exciting match to watch. Sociedad had the majority of possession, but they have a super young team that's really rough around the edges. Isak seemed to provide some penetration, once he was introduced. Should probably have started ahead of Oyarzabal.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:04 pm

@Thimmy, although he projects this, nobody but me has a valid opinion, this board does not belong to Nick, even though he tries to bully everyone with his bullshit, double standards, only I know the credible sources, etc etc. by the way, have you noticed how he has changed his ‘Vinicius will be a starter’ stance!

Feel free to post everything you want to re Odegaard. Actually, I finding watching other teams is much more interesting with Zidane insisting on same old approach. All of his rejects are looking good, Ceballos, Llorente, hell even Morata. I expect we will soon be saying the same things about Kubo and Rodrygo soon. All of these kids except for the two at Atlético will be of interest in the post Zidane world.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:24 pm

you need some tissues? lol
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:31 pm

I think we'll need more than tissues to clean up all of the crap that comes out of you. What are you doing in the Martin Ødegaard thread, anyway? hmm
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 pm

came to see what you and your sensible feelings were talking about. nothing new from what i can see
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:16 pm

Forgot to update this after the Espanyol match.

Another Ode-God performance despite the non-assists or goals. La Real is gonna really hope Zidane has no use for him. The young man just keeps getting better as a footballer.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:25 pm

Good for him.  I've come to like Odegaard.  He humbled himself and decided to put in the work... most wunderkids never do it.  

I'm rooting for him, whether he comes to Madrid or not.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

It's really a wonder that he didn't get at least a few assists, considering all of the chances he created.

Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:20 pm

Man, please don't recall him back considering he is under a coach he isn't utterly clueless in how to raise a talent like Ødegaard under Zidane who will panic as usual under the wealth of talent he has, and will end up keeping him on bench because he is no idea how to use him.

Hopefully the kid is smart enough to know that too and will continue leading the flag for La Real and not a deadwood Real Madrid.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:37 am

First off, he belongs with his cousin Thimmy at Real Madrid. Secondly, if Zizou really has no use for him, I say Madrid and Ode should arrange a sale. The man is too good to be in some shit rotational scheme where Lucas fucking Vasquez gets more minutes than him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:46 am

We just have to hope Zidane leaves. He’s made enough damage to the squad with llorente’s sale already.

It’s clear he has no idea how to use any player that Ancelotti didn’t instruct him how to use.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:43 am

Doc wrote:First off, he belongs with his cousin Thimmy at Real Madrid. Secondly, if Zizou really has no use for him, I say Madrid and Ode should arrange a sale. The man is too good to be in some shit rotational scheme where Lucas fucking Vasquez gets more minutes than him.

So did Canales and Real were compliant enough to sell him to the same team he was succeeding with and he most definitely did.

Ødegaard is facing something similar where its tempting to call him back like it was Canales then but the team was too stacked up front and it would be hit-and-miss and his cousin Thimmy I'd prefer sold to Real Sociedad B under Xabi Alonso.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:32 pm

Canales was unfortunate to be a victim of injuries and Jose's dirtiness. Also, with Valdano quitting/getting fired (can't remember), he no longer had that political protection needed to succeed at Madrid.

Basically, I want the O to succeed here ffs.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol_bill Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm

You both may get your wish! Xabi is reportedly under consideration to replace Zidane. (I’ve always thought he would make a good coach based upon his onfield coaching). Apparently Xabi has progressed faster than favourite son Raul.

But before we get carried away, the team needs to get rid of several of the veterans and Zidane. Plus Odegaard is just one of Zidane’s rejects that is excelling this year! What these kids need is a legitimate chance to play and develop, that includes players at club, Vinicius, Rodrygo, Brahim plus a coach that will play them and help them progress.

There are several posters here that feel Madrid is too big to develop talent and that we must spends millions on so called galacticos! My response is this current squad and coach are simply not getting it done. i rather play the kids and see how they develop or not. We aren’t going to win anything again this year, so why not see what we have before spending. That plus bringing home the kids that have developed that were sent packing by Zidane.
futbol_bill
futbol_bill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Zidane isn't going anywhere. We're tied for first place in points (for freeza)... not to mention it's September. He may leave regardless after the season though. But it will likely be his decision; not the club's.

Regarding Odegaard... like many AMs in this era, it will come down to whether he can play CM defensively or if he can play the wing as a striker.

The 10/AM position no longer exists. It will come back at some point imo... just doesn't work in today's game tactically.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Let's just go with the assumption Zizou is gonna be here for the foreseeable future lol. Personally (wanna) believe the O can succeed here and I also think Zizou actually rates him. Unlike, let's say, Ceballos.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:05 pm

What Sports said pretty much. Like I said he won't play AM or LAM in Madrid unless he becomes Ozil on roofs and he comes across a manager who buys into him as much as Mou did with Ozil at the time.

Playing in a 3 man midfielder is his best shot for now. But I'm not seeing him having problems defensively so far maybe also because la Real defends more as a team than Madrid where you have forwards not giving a shit at times.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 23, 2019 2:30 pm

Doc wrote:Let's just go with the assumption Zizou is gonna be here for the foreseeable future lol. Personally (wanna) believe the O can succeed here and I also think Zizou actually rates him. Unlike, let's say, Ceballos.

ZZ has a problem with players that rat on him to the media or to the higher ups...  the former was the issue with James, Bale and Ceballos while the later was the issue with Llorente.  Loyalty is very big to him.  A lot like Mourinho in that regards.  Deschamps is like that too.

They keep talking about "the group"... and what they mean it in the military sense.  Everyone has each others' back.  Not saying it's right or even appropriate... it's just how he is.

His backing of Dugarry during the NT years drove me crazy as a FYI,
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:08 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:What Sports said pretty much. Like I said he won't play AM or LAM in Madrid unless he becomes Ozil on roofs and he comes across a manager who buys into him as much as Mou did with Ozil at the time.

Playing in a 3 man midfielder is his best shot for now. But I'm not seeing him having problems defensively so far maybe also because la Real defends more as a team than Madrid where you have forwards not giving a shit at times.

I think he excelled defensively for Vitesse, and his league stats reflect that. But like you point out, both Real Sociedad and Vitesse defend more as a team, which makes that task substantially easier. I loved his performance as a CM against Atletico Madrid, but he does have a tendency to drift towards the right wing. I'm not sure if he was instructed to do that, but Nacho frequently overlapped and went towards the center, which made it work.

In other news, Sociedad celebrated him becoming player of the month by giving him a dead fish scratch
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:07 pm

Zidane really have no idea about Odegaard.

If he is using out and out No 10 like James as a center midfielder and loan the infinitely better suited Odegaard then Soceidad can relax. Zidane is really clueless about Odegaard.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:02 pm

I am honestly glad the O is performing extremely well so far for La Real oppose to doing the same thing in Bundesliga. It'll be really difficult for Zizou to actually ignore his contributions and his development as a whole.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:04 pm

assist of the season vs Alaves

the boy is a genius
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:31 pm

Well he is gonna look like Ozil on roids at this point

I don't think we have a single player on the team who can make that play, nugget + that precise a pass... maybe Modric and James
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:07 am

Modric and James definitely can do that. Isco could pull of the meg but would probably dwell too much on the ball.

Seriously, I am so happy we loaned him out this season as none of us would have seen him perform like this. And he would have been behind Lucas fucking Vasquez who can neither nutmeg nor put a pass like that.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 am

Doc wrote:Modric and James definitely can do that. Isco could pull of the meg but would probably dwell too much on the ball.

Seriously, I am so happy we loaned him out this season as none of us would have seen him perform like this. And he would have been behind Lucas fucking Vasquez who can neither nutmeg nor put a pass like that.

Lucas would nutmeg himself and tackle the dude
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11, 12, 13  Next