do u think bayern munich have a cl-winning defense ??

4 posters

Go down

do u think bayern munich have a cl-winning defense ?? Empty do u think bayern munich have a cl-winning defense ??

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:08 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2011/07/15/2575143/in-signing-boateng-neuer-rafinha-bayern-munich-have-now

in my opinion clark whitney is a bit too presumptous to be honest

manuel neuer and philip lahm are established world class players no doubt and they are an asset to any team.. two players are not enough to make a winning defense

but i cant say the same about others...

rafinha is a mediocre full-back..a huge flop with genoa..i have watched enough of him and IMO he is not bayern munich material..

badstuber..very inexperienced..also he was not at his best in last season season after the highs of his breakthrough season..schooled by some class players..so question marks arise over his credibility as a top rated CB

boateng is another inexperienced player..not yet fully-established..has talent no doubt about it.also he's just coming back off a serious injury..i say this is a gamble taken by bayern.

on a side note,this might be offending to bayern munich supporters..i am well aware of that..bayern munich are cl-contenders no doubt..but to call their defense as a cl-winning defense is a bit too delusional IMO..i hope i dont get repped down for this..but its my opinion and i disagree with clark whitney..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

do u think bayern munich have a cl-winning defense ?? Empty Re: do u think bayern munich have a cl-winning defense ??

Post by kiranr Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:14 pm

If they get Alex from Chelsea also, then i think they could be in the running for the CL title. I hope they go for it.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

do u think bayern munich have a cl-winning defense ?? Empty Re: do u think bayern munich have a cl-winning defense ??

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:20 pm

I'm with you. It's a potentially CL-winning defense, but nothing world class as of now. I can tell you this: by just having Heynckes as manager, our defense will tighten up a lot. Van Gaal is a great manager, but defense is not his strong point and instead of strengthening we actually regressed due to his Blitzkrieg tactics. Heynckes is a defense first, balanced and solid approach.

Badstuber has been getting time in the NT and has improved there just by being under Loew, the same will undoubtledly happen under Heynckes. We needed someone like Boateng, just due to his speed, being German and NT potential. We haven't had a pacy CB since LĂșcio. He's also very young.

So while in my mind, I would have had a more experienced signing, because playing with 2 young CBs doesn't give too much confidence, hopefully Neuer kicking ass and chewing bubblegum, and Heynckes doing his thing will keep them in line.

Rafinha was also second choice for me... but I will admit he was great in Schalke and at 5m it's a steal.

In all, a very promising defense with a lot of work left to do.

I fart in Klinsmann's and Van Gaal's general direction. We could have looked like this:

Neuer
Rafinha Lucio Hummels Lahm
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:23 pm

boateng is playing in the cl for the first time..and as of now,he is one of your main cb's..and probably a two new cb-pairing next season..so where is the chemistry ??..u need an experienced head at the back..
as i say whitney is a bit too presumptous..i cant stand his buli bias sometimes..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Chemistry? As I said, he's German and has played in the NT before. That's a good enough chemistry to start off. The rest will develop as the season unfolds. He's a good, young CB. Our Bonucci, in a way Wink

Whitney isn't really biased, he rarely talks smack, just hypes his own favored league. You know, what everyone does. He's the only Buli guy in Goal, so there's not much of a choice.

If you want biased, go read Garganese articles.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Chemistry? As I said, he's German and has played in the NT before. That's a good enough chemistry to start off. The rest will develop as the season unfolds. He's a good, young CB. Our Bonucci, in a way Wink

Whitney isn't really biased, he rarely talks smack, just hypes his own favored league. You know, what everyone does. He's the only Buli guy in Goal, so there's not much of a choice.

If you want biased, go read Garganese articles.

but two young inexperienced centre backs are not enough to win a cl..bayern should have gone after an experienced CB..still got to develop a fair bit of chemistry as both play out of position for germany

and i used to meet whitney on goal.com chatroom regularly on cl matchdays and he used to give very delusional and arrogant predictions..so much so that he used to completely write off the opposition team(especially serie a teams).. maybe i am a bit harsh on him..

but lets be honest this article was truly delusional...
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:49 pm

The point he's trying to make is that Bayern got to the CL finals with Demichelis and Van Buyten at CB... While they are experienced, yes, our current CB pairing has a lot more potential and we actually have a manager with defense in mind.

I already said I agree with you, man Very Happy And well, he has to write some sort of Bundesliga article. Other Buli sides have been pretty meh in the transfer market, sadly, so he's been focusing on Bayern.

Never write us off, even with shit defense Afro
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Sushi Master wrote:The point he's trying to make is that Bayern got to the CL finals with Demichelis and Van Buyten at CB... While they are experienced, yes, our current CB pairing has a lot more potential and we actually have a manager with defense in mind.

I already said I agree with you, man Very Happy And well, he has to write some sort of Bundesliga article. Other Buli sides have been pretty meh in the transfer market, sadly, so he's been focusing on Bayern.

Never write us off, even with shit defense Afro

i am not writing bayern off..certainly not..

but we're focusing entirely on bayern's defense here..and its not a cl winning one..

perhaps the title is a bit misleading..

and whitney is a bit too presumptuos if he is stating his opinions on neuer's exploits at schalke and bayern's perfomance in cl 2009 in which ,lets be honest,luck took them that far..

Last edited by Surag.Blueguy on Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Who needs a defense when you have Neuer?

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down