Helmer
mr-r34
Art Morte
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Manchester United v Liverpool Empty Manchester United v Liverpool

Post by Art Morte Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:48 am

They say that form goes out of the window in derbies. I certainly hope that's the case.

United have fluked themselves onto a five-game winning streak in the league, beating Arsenal 1 - 2 in spite of having just one shot on target, Stoke should have salvaged a draw at Old Trafford and I don't know how Southampton managed to lose to them in the previous round. That said, it's the results that matter and United are in a good moment right now.

As if it needs reminding, we just failed to beat Basel in our biggest game of the season. Our form in the Premier League is so and so: 4W 3D 3L in our last 10.

As for team news, well, that should be interesting after the shambolic 4-2-3-1 with wrong personnel against Basel. The 4-2-3-1 could itself be a good formation for us, but not with the line-up we were fielding against Basel. So, there are some big questions about who is going to play, where are they going to play and what formation we are going to play.

Don't play Gerrard as CAM. Hasn't got the legs and hasn't got the technique. He was a passenger against Basel. It's just desperation playing him there, the kind of thinking "well, he used to score a lot of goals and we need goals, let's play him high up the pitch". Just no. In fact, I'm not sure should Gerrard play at all, he started to look knackered towards the end in the Basel game, I'm not sure is he physically ready for this game. But I'd guess Rodgers will start him, it being the great English derby after all.

If Gerrard starts, then Lucas shouldn't. It's one or the other for me. Gerrard shouldn't play as CAM and both him and Lucas shouldn't play in midfield. Too immobile. One for DM and that's it.

Coutinho, Can and Lallana started on the bench against Basel and I'm hoping two out of that trio would start this game. Allen shouldn't be anywhere near the pitch, leave him guard Melwood with Lovren.

I don't know whether Balotelli will be fit or not. And if he's fit, is he fit enough to start. Lambert got subbed off at HT for a winger against Basel, which is a little humiliating. But I suppose if Mario isn't fit to start, Rickie will, and Fabio will continue to be ostracized.

We'll see who'll partner Skrtel. I'd prefer Sakho. If Lovren starts, he should man-mark Garrick, imo. Whether Garrick is on the field or on the bench.

Anyway, should be very interesting to see what XI we're going to play and in what formation.

About United, I'm hoping that Di Maria isn't fit to start (he's had a hamstring injury). That would be a huge boost, because Di Maria would probably be the best player on the pitch.

And while it's hard to see where our goals are going to come from, the little positive is that United's back-four is there for the taking. Rojo switches off at times, McNair isn't ready for this level and Evans has hardly played this season. I think Smalling and Jones are still out.

If the Basel match was our biggest of the season until then, this is the biggest now. A victory here would be a huge boost to our morale and top-4 chances. On paper it's looking unlikely, but hey, it's football we're talking about. So, maybe we'll snatch a 1 - 0 win with a Lovren screamer from 40 yards. Or Gerrard leading a lightning-fast counter-attack after Mignolet saving a Rooney penalty and dribbles it past De Gea and into the net. Or maybe we'll see a tactical masterclass from Rodgers and trash them 5 - 0. Anything's possible, we'll see on Sunday.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Manchester United v Liverpool Empty Re: Manchester United v Liverpool

Post by mr-r34 Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:45 am

Mig

Johnson Skrtel Toure Moreno
               Lucas
           Hendo  Can
                 Cou
       Sterling
                   Anyone

442 diamond, sterling free role.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:01 am

that pos of a manager wont drop Gerrard Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:06 am

He did for a few, hopefully he realizes even big games wont bring the best out of him for than 1 moment.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:10 pm

if they play 3-5-2, use Markovic and Sterling on both the wings and use Lucas, Can and Hendo as midfield...we can really screw them with even Skrtel as a striker

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:51 pm

I think the best we can expect to see (in terms of players & positions) is something like this:

----------Mignolet-----------
Johnson-Skrtel-Lovern-Enrique
-----------Gerrard-----------
------Henderson--Lucas------
Raheem---Lambert---Coutinho

Coutinho might be instructed/inclined to drift into CAM role and Raheem with a free-role (whatever that means).

However, I would prefer Manquillo for Johnson, Sakho (if fit) for Lovern, Lucas taking Gerrard's role and Lallana taking Lucas's role.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:53 pm

Gerrard and Lucas don't work.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Can should start.

He was our best player for like a whole month when he was playing. But Rodgers thought his golden boy Allen should play.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 pm

atm our attack and defense both are shit...their defense is shit but if Di Maria is back their attack will be good, cant see us this one winning but still hoping for some tactical miracle from BR

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:35 pm

We're predictable as shit. I don't think I have ever been this depleted before a match with United. Everyone and their cats know that we're gonna be shit again.

I'm done with this season in the league.

All I want now is to win one of the cup competitions. Put all my hope in those.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:41 pm

i think we will perform better than many of our previous performances but still go on to lose hmm

I am eagerly waiting, where do we stand in the table when December ends because by then it will be clear what we can expect for the rest of the half.

But one thing you are right, there is absolutely no excitement that such a big game is coming, knowing we are shit even against shitty sides, so I hope my day doesnt get ruined because of the result of this game.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 pm

Since we are playing shit anyways

----------------------------Can
--------------Henderson ---------Coutinho
-------------------------Gerrard
------------Markovic----------------Sterling
I would try somethng like that, this is diamond btw. I would prefer Lallana instead of Gerrard but I know BR wont drop him, so here we go and harass all their defenders with runs of Marko and Sterling, through balls of Gerrard and Coutinho ruining them all day long.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:46 am

I think even Rodgers will realize by now that Gerrard as CAM isn't a good idea. At 34, he needs a bit of space to operate and he gets that at DM. Today Gerrard is nothing but a Kevin Nolan type of poacher choice for CAM and I don't think we can afford that.

@Heil, what I've seen of Can so far, I think he's got the skills to play central midfielder rather than defensive.

I'm hopeful that we play the right XI and challenge United for skill on the ball and the possession of it.

Gerrard
Henderson - Can
Sterling - Balotelli? - Coutinho

That group of players should be able to challenge United about who is running and controlling the game. I think that's our best chance. Perhaps in a different formation than the 4-3-3, but anyway.

But I'm afraid that Brendan will think more along the lines "it's United away, we need to play some defensive players" and it will be something like the Basel game XI.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:01 am

If you say so Marty,
I would play:

----------------------------Lucas
--------------Henderson---------Can
-------------------------Coutinho

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:56 pm

For me we need to take the game to United. We need creativity not just at the front but in midfield as well. Sterling is also much better on the left than he is on the right IMO.

Manquillo - Lovren - Sakho (?) - Moreno
Henderson - Can
Lallana - Coutinho - Sterling
Balotelli (?)

If Sakho and Balotelli are not fit bring in Skrtel and Borini. I'm tired of seeing Lambert lumbering about.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Johnson for Manquillo and Skrtel for Lovren and I wouldn't mind Cujo's line up.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:11 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:If you say so Marty,
I would play:

----------------------------Lucas
--------------Henderson---------Can
-------------------------Coutinho
I would have Lallana instead of Markovic. I wonder why so few fancy him? He quiet decent really.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:20 pm

I hope Coutinho, Markovic and Can start.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:01 pm

Also Laughing and this is very stupid but...

It pisses me off seeing players all laughing around in the training photos. We're so *bleep* shit and it feels like they don't give a shit.

http://liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/176185-photos-reds-in-high-spirits-pre-united

*bleep* laughing like they are on top of the league. Stealing a living all of them at the moment. Should be stripped off their wages for the whole season and then we'll see how they'll be laughing.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:12 pm

Keeping the team in high spirits is important. Confidence brings better results, and moping about or getting angry doesn't actually help no matter what people tell you. I think Rodgers is probably designing training right now to bring some confidence and high spirits to the side so they can get back to focusing on improving their on-field product.

Just speculation, but being angry clouds the mind and makes you play reckless. Being sad or moping just makes you play worse because you lack confidence or drive.

Obviously it can't all be fun and games, but it is important to keep the team in high spirits.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:01 pm

We lose against them and Arsenal, We aint finishing in the top 4. Im confident. Call me whatever you like or the fact its only december or some shit.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:25 pm

El Cujo wrote:Keeping the team in high spirits is important. Confidence brings better results, and moping about or getting angry doesn't actually help no matter what people tell you. I think Rodgers is probably designing training right now to bring some confidence and high spirits to the side so they can get back to focusing on improving their on-field product.

Just speculation, but being angry clouds the mind and makes you play reckless. Being sad or moping just makes you play worse because you lack confidence or drive.

Obviously it can't all be fun and games, but it is important to keep the team in high spirits.

They've been like this in all the training photos all the way since August.

We haven't seen shit improvement in anything. So your point is moot. Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:27 pm

I rather have them laughing in training than being pissed off. Team spirit is important. And it's a group of lads, there's always joking and good spirits in such groups. It's the matches that they need to take seriously and give their everything in.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 12, 2014 5:32 pm

Art Morte wrote:I rather have them laughing in training than being pissed off. Team spirit is important. And it's a group of lads, there's always joking and good spirits in such groups. It's the matches that they need to take seriously and give their everything in.

This exactly. If everyone is mad, or somber, or depressed in training it will filter throughout the team and make things even worse than they already are. The thing about the team learning to play together, and play well, is that they have to operate as a team and if people are upset, or angry, or whatever that's going to cause a lot of friction which is the last thing we need right now.

Actually, a quote from Brendan:

Rodgers wrote:"You're doing different activities and thinking of different ways to work," Rodgers explained, when asked how he was able to motivate the players. "You know with players or with anyone's social life, you'll perform better in anything you do if you're happy and confident.

"We're obviously not happy to be out and miss out on an objective for this season, but I repeat, you can't dwell on it. We've got another game and a vitally important week coming up for us in our season - and the next game is the most important.

"For us, it was vital we could not dwell on the disappointment for too long. The day after, of course, it's difficult because of not qualifying, but we were back in and working.

"Today on the training field, it's our job as staff to lift that spirit and this is a group that is fully focused on winning and performing well. The game against Manchester United is perfect for us and we hope to take that confidence and spirit into the game.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/176190-rodgers-go-out-and-represent-the-fans
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Another post, yay. Thinking on it I wouldn't mind seeing something like this either:

Manquillo - Lovren - Sakho - Moreno
Can
Henderson - Coutinho
Sterling
Balotelli - Borini

Or replace Balotelli with Lambert and Sakho with Skrtel assuming fitness issues (but still have Balotelli or even Sinclair on the bench FFS). With their weakness at the back I think going with two strikers could really pay dividends.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next