Kuru
terrance511
halamadrid2
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Real Madrid vs Cornella - Page 2 Empty Re: Real Madrid vs Cornella

Post by TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:33 pm

terrance511 wrote:no way isco would get sold, he's slowly becoming our icon.

btw, had u guys saw that goat tackling in late minutes, he's still keep on improving

his defensive play is not just simply workrate.

That's what I thought about di maria.
He really is becoming an Icon, which is why I don't want him to leave.
Isco & Jese are our future. I hope Florentino sees it that way, cause he isn't going anywhere.

TheVoiceOfTheVoiceless
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:32 am

I think the difference between DiMaria and Isco was that people appreciated the formers hardwork but with Isco it's different. Heck people give him a standing ovation after a red card lol. Unless Perez buys some next spanish gems the fall out if he sells Isco is going to be huge.

Btw out of ALL our players only Benzema and Ronaldo are playing better/as good as him. No way does he deserve to get bench. I am reminded of DiMaria with his defensive and attacking talent, so happy because I thought we wouldn't be able to replace DiMaria.

Everytime James plays on the left we always get attacked on that side but with Isco we always shut that side out. Definitely "unbenchable"

Regarding the rest of the players yesterday, I was very impressed with Llorente, Munez and Nacho, they had near perfect games. Thought Medran was to eager to impress and made alot of mistakes but the encouraging thing is that he wanted to get on the ball alot, hope we give him more chances. Little dissapointed with Illarra, not that he played vad because noone did but he was taking at least three touches on the ball before releasjng and ir made us very slow and predicrable at time. I remember I said the same after the first leg. He really needs to switch play between wings faster

Sad about Khedira's injury, hope he recovers soon. Didn't think Arbeloa played bad. Of course everyone and their grandmother know that Arbeloa can't attack so we shouldn't be "dissapointed" when he doesn't attack lol thats just how he is

Also anyone notice how very generous everyone were wutgout Bale to try and run solo and shoot at every opportunity

Very happy with the youngsters overall and hope we give them more chances. Little dissapointed Carlo failed to call up Burgui (unless he is injured)
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:29 pm

smh who takes more touches before releasing the ball than isco? smh i swear you guys just love nitpicking unpopular players and praise the popular players for doing the same thing, this forum as usual rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:43 pm

Different roles, Isco isn't a player that is supposed to switch plays from one side to another, therefor he is allowed to take more touches on the ball before releasing. His dribbles are also miles ahead of Ilarra's which makes another case for him being able to take more touches. Illarra is a DLP sort of player supposed to keep the flow by switching the play fast so it doesn't get stagnant.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:54 pm

Very well said freeza, that's what I had in mind too. Playing that far back it's your job to keep the ball flowing quickly and switching play between wings to open up space for our wingers and fullbacks. I just felt like he took too long to decide what to do with the ball and we ended up just passing the ball around in our own half harmlessly because there was no space to maneuver in their half. Just minor tweaks to his game that's all. We all know how good he is defensively so no criticism from me regarding that but this slowness in making up his mind is something I have seen before

Regarding Isco and keeping the ball, that was yesteryears can't even remember the last time he held onto the ball instead of releasing quickly. He is measuring his passes these days. He is playing more or less perfectly imo. Very happy with his progress
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:57 pm

My biggest complaint of Isco before was the amount of touches, pointless dribbles, etc that would lead to nothing.

He's changed a lot in that sense and has proved me wrong. He's doing all the right things and it shows. I don't want Bale in the lineup especially with the way he's playing.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:59 pm

Think Illarra's problems with releasing the ball is a confidence issue, due to not playing regularly at all. If he got steady playtime that would be fixed quickly, you can't train how comfortable you are with the ball at your feet in practice, it has to be learned in a game, so every little step will help him. Always like him defensively though.

Isco is not as bad as keeping the ball as he was last year, his dribbles has also been better as far as I can tell, now that he's picking when to dribble and when to pass, and I've loved his play so far this season. Been a top 5 player for us so far with Ronaldo, Benz, Kroos and Modric imo.

Isco also needs to keep doing his dribbles, since it's such a great attribute of his and something really special that you don't see every day. A player like him should be encouraged to do it, but not to an insane degree, which I am sure Carlo has instructed him to do.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:01 pm

nonsense isco plays the same regardless of where on the pitch he is, he always holds the ball too long, so criticizing illarra for taking a touch or 2 extra is nothing compared to what isco does daily, and we all know isco ruins a lot of moves, cause he wants to do highlight skills but lets pretend otherwise as usual cause he is popular
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:07 pm

If by holding onto the ball you mean getting past players who pressure you to allow your team to outnumber the opposition in their half then I agree but that's a good thing. There was a time we didn't have any players who could withstand the pressure by the opposition players, you should be happy we finally do have the players who can now

There is a reason we were able to outclass Dortmund last season with Isco as part of the midfield three.

Also I have very rarely if any at all seen him ruin moves, pls name me an instance this season were he ruinned a move to do "pointless dribbling" .

Pointless dribbling is what neymar does not Isco
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:10 pm

hala don't even try to feed me that, we have all seen isco get away from his marker, and when he needs to release, he goes off and dribble someone else, he still does that, less but he still does it, but since its exceptional skill its cool, yeah not buying that
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:31 pm

the main issue i got from illarra and its probably the same reasons why carlo is hesitant to play him, illarra is too weak physically to protect the back 4 by himself and he is still yet to show range in his passing consistently, plays too safe not spreading the play enough imo
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:33 pm

He's already got 9 assists for the season in 19 games (13 starts), which is the same amount he had all of last. So that is a pretty good indication on how he's improved his release of the ball. I'd suggest you pay a little more attention to Isco this season Chad, you obviously haven't been paying attention.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:40 pm

lmao are you even reading my posts? i said the extra touches illarra takes, is nothing compared to the unnecessary touches isco takes even now, james releases the ball far quicker than isco with more range and accuracy,so chill... everyone can see that isco from the second half of last season he had improved, what you jokers couldn't see was how dog shit he was before he got benched, cause you all was too busy wanking to his ball control and dribbling remember that? so don't tell me about watching a game closely rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:43 pm

@chad

I'll agree with some parts of your criticm of Isco. Sometimes he does go further and tries to dribble a defender and sometimes loses it but that has never been during a counter. Also as you said he does it sometimes which I am totally cool with, it's a problem if it became excessive which it hasn't anymore. I had a problem with that months ago. It's very evident how much he has changed over the months. As freeza said I wouldn't want him to quit his dribbling because that'd be like telling someone like Messi to do so. If these guys are good dribblers they should use it to their teams advantage
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:53 pm

nothing is wrong with isco dribbling from time to time, its a joy to watch and it indeed helps breaks the pressure, he still hasn't find the perfect balance yet but that ok

the only problem i had with your post was criticizing illarra for taking in an extra touch or 2, which clearly wasn't his problem, but how weak he is physically and his low confidence on long passes, that why i am saying your nitpicking
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:00 pm

The thing is I was nitpicking Very Happy but those are the sort of marginal qualities thats the difference between him starting and not starting imo. Illarra is a better defender than Kroos, was a better defender than Alonso and imo is smarter than those two with his positioning but what those have over him is their ability to switch play quickly. If you look at our games that's basically what Kroos does all game and what Illarra lacks. Its subtle things like that but means so much in the grand scheme of things
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:23 pm

I agree and have said the same as well, for him to improve on switching play/long passes he needs a run of games, simple as that tbh, some players go balls out and some go it safe, when their not getting enough playing time, illarra will try to do more as long as carlo shows real confidence in him, even if he is not playing much, just like benzema is slowly trying to dribble more and take on defenders again, his confidence is going up but mainly cause he knows carlo backs him so its ok, if he loses the ball once or twice, illarra has to get that feeling from carlo that just how I see it
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by terrance511 Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:13 pm

isco decision making been better last few games.

don't see much unnecessary move as well, release fast and deadly

cant say the same if it was 1 month ago

he just keep on improving
terrance511
terrance511
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down